AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 07:25   Link #261
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Producer-san is you in the games. I think the fanbase would revolt if he was ever assigned a real name.
Jupiter: "Hey, you called?"
It's crazy, the fans would get mad, there is no way they would do it. Just when you think that, they do it.
That is BandaiNamco.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 08:49   Link #262
sa547
*Author

Well, the show's really a love letter to the game's ardent fans, and at the same time tries to introduce to non-players the world of 765 and its energetic, individualistic would-be divas. To those Ace Combat 6 players (I'm one of them, although I never got to play on Xbox Live) who were curious about the rather cute paint schemes on the DLC planes, this show's also a rich opportunity to get to know those girls.

About Episode 2... well, the younger girls try to outdo one of their older "sisters" but only after they realize their mistake do they finally understood about bringing out their true selves without having to resort to gimmickry; trying to be an expert superstar demands much learning and experience, and it's more than just fun and games.
Old 2011-07-17, 09:34   Link #263
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wait, AC6 had what now?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 09:56   Link #264
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wait, AC6 had what now?
AC6 had DLC Idolmaster skins for your planes.
Old 2011-07-17, 09:59   Link #265
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's crazy, the fans would get mad, there is no way they would do it. Just when you think that, they do it.
That is BandaiNamco.
BamCo =/= Idolm@ster Animation Project Team.

Considering they're supposedly ardent, huge fans of the IM@S franchise, the last thing they'd do... is pull a BamCo.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 10:39   Link #266
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
AC6 had DLC Idolmaster skins for your planes.
(Slightly offtopic) @blakstealth: Yep. Apart from the cute paint schemes, colored missile contrails, those modified planes also carried wildly differing stats (for example, the Miki Hoshii Su-47 has more ammo, is tops on anything except for defense and stability, and already this type of plane is most often used on Live! as a missile spammer due to QAAM loads).

Reference:
http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/IDOLM@STER_Aircraft
Old 2011-07-17, 11:56   Link #267
dark998

Wasn't expecting episode 1 to be done in interview format but worked nicely to know right away the motivations of the main cast.

And the surprise reveal of Producer-san at the ending helped a lot too. Those rumors about him being taken out of the anime were proven fake, fortunately.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 17:02   Link #268
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lol..that's funny as shiet.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 00:13   Link #269
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That is BandaiNamco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
BamCo =/= Idolm@ster Animation Project Team.

Considering they're supposedly ardent, huge fans of the IM@S franchise, the last thing they'd do... is pull a BamCo.
It's funny... This reminds me of the time of Nanoha StrikerS...

You know? That time? When a certain someone makes a cameo? The fans immediately flew into an indignant rage claiming the show is ruin, the end is nigh, and all hope is lost? As the same time running down the street naked while using rat blood as tribal body paint?

Yeah... I'm getting that same crazy vibe here from the fanboys...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 01:26   Link #270
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You know? That time? When a certain someone makes a cameo? The fans immediately flew into an indignant rage claiming the show is ruin, the end is nigh, and all hope is lost? As the same time running down the street naked while using rat blood as tribal body paint?

They who scream the loudest often hides the most revolting.

[damagecontrol] Now, before anyone goes to click the [Search] bar... I said often. [/damagecontrol]

But really... with the matter of the Producer, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

People will call foul in introducing a male producer to begin with, just because... male producer in a flock of beautiful idols. Nevermind what kind of role he plays.

If he's too assertive, alpha and 'character-rich' , fans would complain that he's consuming the presence in a show about the girls.

f he's a balanced 'there to support the foundation, but nothing else' low-key character like he is two episodes in....he'd be 'so-called' boring and lack character. Some may say a foundation-support character needs to show the savvyness to mold the characters... but he must be realistically driven as well, and cannot afford to be the Mary Sue who knows the solution to all problems. He's a rookie producer, not some super producer brought in.

If he's a harem lead loser... IdolM@ster Break's there for you.

If the Producer is introduced merely as a first-person POV with no dialogue like ep1... there'd be complaints since then, the story pretty much only appeals to 100% pure adaption die-hards, but sacrifices animation context in the making.

As for having no male producer at all... yes, that is a possibility.

However, ep1 and 2 asserts enough that part of the character's traits and developmental hurdles... require the presence of a male to help accentuate their growth.

Makoto with her desire to be more feminine. Yukiho with her male-phobia. Azusa and her... that person. Maybe more too in other characters we've yet to see. These are traits that are hard to bring out if the series tries to forcefully exclude the P-san factor.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-07-18, 01:58   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
They who scream the loudest often hides the most revolting.

[damagecontrol] Now, before anyone goes to click the [Search] bar... I said often. [/damagecontrol]

But really... with the matter of the Producer, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

People will call foul in introducing a male producer to begin with, just because... male producer in a flock of beautiful idols. Nevermind what kind of role he plays.

If he's too assertive, alpha and 'character-rich' , fans would complain that he's consuming the presence in a show about the girls.

f he's a balanced 'there to support the foundation, but nothing else' low-key character like he is two episodes in....he'd be 'so-called' boring and lack character. Some may say a foundation-support character needs to show the savvyness to mold the characters... but he must be realistically driven as well, and cannot afford to be the Mary Sue who knows the solution to all problems. He's a rookie producer, not some super producer brought in.

If he's a harem lead loser... IdolM@ster Break's there for you.

If the Producer is introduced merely as a first-person POV with no dialogue like ep1... there'd be complaints since then, the story pretty much only appeals to 100% pure adaption die-hards, but sacrifices animation context in the making.

As for having no male producer at all... yes, that is a possibility.

However, ep1 and 2 asserts enough that part of the character's traits and developmental hurdles... require the presence of a male to help accentuate their growth.

Makoto with her desire to be more feminine. Yukiho with her male-phobia. Azusa and her... that person. Maybe more too in other characters we've yet to see. These are traits that are hard to bring out if the series tries to forcefully exclude the P-san factor.

Actually, I wasn't referring to the Producer... I was referring to Touma

And this time, they're using pigeon blood... Yeah, I don't know how that works either...
Old 2011-07-18, 02:09   Link #272
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Actually, I wasn't referring to the Producer... I was referring to Touma
I know what you were referring to, but I am referring to the general atmosphere in the air in regards to the IM@S anime and P-san's inclusion in it.

The 2nd half-blabbering of P-san in my post has actually no real correlation with what I replied to you ( the one sentence ), but I thought it gave me a good opening to rant.

Old 2011-07-18, 02:16   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I know what you were referring to, but I am referring to the general atmosphere in the air in regards to the IM@S anime and P-san's inclusion in it.
Ahh okay, I thought I was too cunning with my words and hid my intentions too well ()

Quote:
The 2nd half-blabbering of P-san in my post has actually no real correlation with what I replied to you ( the one sentence ), but I thought it gave me a good opening to rant.
Oh you know me, I just love to be used as an opening... No wait wha-!?
Old 2011-07-18, 04:40   Link #274
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Your avatar strikes me as the perfect reaction to this.

As for me, I had hoped they'd continue with the first person silent protagonist idea. It was a fun and original take on anime, but I'm not particularly bothered by the producer as he is. Yeah he's bland and boring, but the show isn't that much about him anyway. It's about the girls.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 04:52   Link #275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As for me, I had hoped they'd continue with the first person silent protagonist idea. It was a fun and original take on anime, but I'm not particularly bothered by the producer as he is. Yeah he's bland and boring, but the show isn't that much about him anyway. It's about the girls.
Not me though; I can't stand silent protagonists, even in my games... >.>

Funny though, that last time I saw an Anime silent protagonist was in a H--

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-18 at 08:06.
Old 2011-07-18, 05:16   Link #276
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Damn you two for making me think Alice just got hit with SURPRISE BU- *static*

I don't have much of an opinion on the Producer yet, though I do think that this is one of those cases where a character being left nameless helps more than it hurts. I watch Idolm@ster for the girls and the songs anyway

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 05:28   Link #277
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*changes Incinerator's promethium canister*

Heretical comments, not allowed!

Cadian Jet Stream Attaaaack

Quote:
I don't have much of an opinion on the Producer yet, though I do think that this is one of those cases where a character being left nameless helps more than it hurts. I watch Idolm@ster for the girls and the songs anyway
Seconded. It's the best balance to the series, and we have the torrent of girls + the new producer for those who ABSOLUTELY MUST have a guy around.
Old 2011-07-18, 05:54   Link #278
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

Nah, that's different. I don't know anything about that cameo you are talking about (although either way, StrikerS did suck anyways, so maybe their fretting was justified), but most people and fans of IdolMaster wouldn't get mad over the producer getting a name... in the anime.
As for the game... Well, that really is different.
Doing a BandaiNamco... is beyond different.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 06:21   Link #279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nah, that's different. I don't know anything about that cameo you are talking about (although either way, StrikerS did suck anyways, so maybe their fretting was justified)
No it wasn't because the reason why it sucked had nothing to do with the cameo.

Likewise, having some male supporting characters around isn't going to cause a total disintegration of the Anime.

(btw, I wasn't referring to the Producer. I stuck my neck in because I had heard the Boy band had made an appearance, stirring up a blood frenzy.)

Quote:

It wasn't my intention when I first commissioned this Avatar (I wanted to call it "Kha made her cry") but I can see how that can be put to good used...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Seconded. It's the best balance to the series, and we have the torrent of girls + the new producer for those who ABSOLUTELY MUST have a guy around.
The way I see it, the show would still have a torrent of girls and the focus would still be that torrent of girls. Any guys in the series would just be supporting characters or less. The reason why fanboys act like it's the end of the world because they don't want their illusion of an all girls world destroyed.

And I'm sure we're all familiar with that concept...
Old 2011-07-18, 07:58   Link #280
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
It wasn't my intention when I first commissioned this Avatar (I wanted to call it "Kha made her cry") but I can see how that can be put to good used...
Yes yes Kha made her cry because of surprise buttse-- wait what?!

*runs from Tsundere Union!!*

Quote:
And I'm sure we're all familiar with that concept...
I shall start the ball rolling then. Iori Minase is mai waifu.

*hears baying wolves*

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s