AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 02:01   Link #11161
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I completely forgot that Ajimu used to act like that. I'm betting it's retconned out by now, though.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 11:23   Link #11162
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I completely forgot that Ajimu used to act like that. I'm betting it's retconned out by now, though.
Probably. I mean, it's not like I really expect that to be followed upon. I just hope that it will. A fool's hope, I guess.

But, c'mon Nishio. In the JBW, when Zenkichi dies(again), he goes to the same classroom to meet Ajimu(well, this time Momozono sealed him, though) just like when he dies the first time. Exactly like all the times Kumagawa dies.

There's story to be explored here, bro!

P.S:

Kaisos, I remebered that on page 513, you posted some screenshots of pictures that happened right after Zenkichi became President, but they seem to not be appearing now. Do you have any other source that you could post so I could see them?
Old 2012-11-20, 13:46   Link #11163
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Ajimu pissed when Zenkichi was killed and sealed? Plus I do agree, the way she acts around those two seemed to indicate that there must have been something more than what was shown...would be cool if this was explored (though Zen haters would be spitting fire if it happened).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:32   Link #11164
DawnEmperor

@Wolfenstein I can't see those images, mind just telling me which chapters?

And in a sense, it seems like Ajimu's classroom has been retconned/changed to just being some sort of general limbo/purgatory for everyone, with Ajimu being almost a God in the Medaka verse.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-11-20 at 14:54.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:21   Link #11165
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Wolfenstein I can't see those images, mind just telling me which chapters?
First picture: Chapter 81, page 19.

Second picture: Chapter 93, page 12.

Third picture: Chapter 71, page 12.

Quote:
And in a sense, it seems like Ajimu's classroom has been retconned/changed to just being some sort of general limbo/purgatory for everyone, with Ajimu being almost a God in the Medaka verse.
When has anyone but Zenkichi and Kumagawa appeared there after they die? In-fact, on the third picture, Ajimu has some pretty cryptic dialogue about being inside Kumagawa's heart, and that was a simillar predicament to Zenkichi's classroom.

The only time anyone else appeared there was when Ajimu forcefully sent Emukae there, it's a different case from Kumagawa and Zenkichi, who every time they die, they seem to meet Ajimu.
Old 2012-11-20, 15:28   Link #11166
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Has anyone else other than Zenkichi and Kumagawa died for long enough (while being important enough) that it would be worth showing them meeting Ajimu?
Old 2012-11-20, 15:32   Link #11167
Wolfenstein

The only way to explain an importance to Ajimu, and so having that wierd sequence, is by having some kind of connection to her, Lol. Whether it be in your past or in your present. And the first time we see Ajimu is when Zenkichi dies. Which implies a past connection to her. Which is further implied by the two pages I posted.

I'm sure there might've been other characters that could potentially receive the same treatment(no way to know), but Dawn was making a huge generalization with "everyone". That said, there's no way to tell if people like Maguro, Akune or Medaka would receive the same treatment, but if they did(at the same point in time and state of mind Zenkichi was in), it's beause of their past connections to her during middle-school, which was my point.

For another thought, Kumagawa was sure he'd be able to talk to both of them after dying.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:06   Link #11168
orangejuicetang

This sounds like a plot for a future arc to me!

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:10   Link #11169
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
This sounds like a plot for a future arc to me!
But Ajimu is dead.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:15   Link #11170
Lupus753

Quote:
But Ajimu is dead.
That means nothing.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:15   Link #11171
orangejuicetang

So was Tsurubami Fukurou

This here be Medaka Box

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:19   Link #11172
Wolfenstein

I'd love for Ajimu to return, actually.

I kinda hated the way Ajimu died so anti-climaticaly. Seemed to have little repercussion to the series as a whole.

Even though I loved her departure with Kumagawa.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:22   Link #11173
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
So was Tsurubami Fukurou
Yeah, but not only was he not killed by Iihiko, but he might not have been dead at all in the first place, except metaphorically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Seemed to have little repercussion to the series as a whole.
Which I agree with, however. It is rather suspicious, especially given her vast network of Terminals.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:40   Link #11174
Clarste
Human

I don't think there's any particular connection between Ajimu and Zenkichi, no more than Ajimu and Medaka anyway. Clearly there's a huge untold story of the conflict in middle school between Medaka's faction and Kumagawa's student council (which includes Akune and Ajimu), but for the same reason it's hardly a mystery why everyone involved would know each other. Ajimu's "you've finally made up" makes perfect sense in the context that they were enemies in middle school. Which we've already known since forever.

Ajimu did attach herself to Zenkichi in particular during the Election arc, but that was all just part of her plan to manipulate him into beating Medaka, just another of her impossibilities. I don't think it really matters who he was other than that he was Normal and close to Medaka. Certainly no indication of being particularly close in the past.

I guess I'm kind of rambling and repeating myself, but my general thought about the whole thing is that there's a story to tell there, but in the end it doesn't really matter. It's not important to the plot, nor is it a big secret. They've made similar allusions to Medaka's first election (the one where she got 98%), where it's implied it was this huge deal with all the Chairmen, Hinokage, Shiranui running around in the background, Zenkichi attracting votes... However, since we already know the result, the journey isn't really necessary. If anything, it'd be a side story, like Good Loser Kumagawa. Heck, that's exactly what the novels are consistently doing.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 02:25   Link #11175
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
*snip*
Actually, I think that the middle school stuff IS important, if only because they keep alluding back to it in increasingly cryptic ways.
Also, the simple fact that Medaka and Zenkichi have no memory of the incident involving Ajimu's sealing would suggest that there's more to the story than we're being told.
Old 2012-11-21, 11:37   Link #11176
DawnEmperor

Quote:
The only way to explain an importance to Ajimu, and so having that wierd sequence, is by having some kind of connection to her, Lol. Whether it be in your past or in your present. And the first time we see Ajimu is when Zenkichi dies. Which implies a past connection to her. Which is further implied by the two pages I posted.

I'm sure there might've been other characters that could potentially receive the same treatment(no way to know), but Dawn was making a huge generalization with "everyone". That said, there's no way to tell if people like Maguro, Akune or Medaka would receive the same treatment, but if they did(at the same point in time and state of mind Zenkichi was in), it's beause of their past connections to her during middle-school, which was my point.

For another thought, Kumagawa was sure he'd be able to talk to both of them after dying.
Hey, we're all just speculating here. Anyway, if Ajimu has someone in her classroom, in means she has a special connection with them from middle school? Until we get some more info, I'm not gonna put too much stock into it. As one of the above posters has stated, I can't really see that they're special in a particularly exclusive sense(except perhaps Kumagawa).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:49   Link #11177
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Offtopic: I actually had ridiculous dream about Medaka and co. going off to fight some guy with plant powers and it turned out to be Maguro or someone with white hair. It doesn't amke any sort of sense to me.

On Topic: My guess is that the whole Middle school things was just one of those mysteries that will never be resolved anytime soon unless Nishio pulls light novel out of his butt and reveals it to us.
Old 2012-11-21, 16:10   Link #11178
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Hey, we're all just speculating here. Anyway, if Ajimu has someone in her classroom, in means she has a special connection with them from middle school? Until we get some more info, I'm not gonna put too much stock into it. As one of the above posters has stated, I can't really see that they're special in a particularly exclusive sense(except perhaps Kumagawa).
Those meetings in an ethereal classroom and the cryptic words from both Kumagawa and Ajimu tell there's a deeper nuance to this. Not only that, she said that maybe it was too early for Hitoyoshi to be appearing before her if he had no clue whatsoever of who she was. That should already arouse suspicions of something more going on.

Each can spin this any 100 different ways, really, but it's obvious there's more to middle school than what we already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Ajimu's "you've finally made up" makes perfect sense in the context that they were enemies in middle school. Which we've already known since forever.
Eh, interjection.

The expression "to make up", means to amend something that existed before.

Which means that Zenkichi and Kumagawa were not enemies from the beguinning, since what Ajimu was referring that expression to, was to Kumagawa and Zenkichi's newfound friendship.
Old 2012-11-21, 16:12   Link #11179
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Which means that Zenkichi and Kumagawa were not enemies from the beguinning, since what Ajimu was referring that expression to, was to Kumagawa and Zenkichi's newfound friendship.
In addition, Ajimu's facial expression during that scene is pretty out-of-character given what we know about her, which, like I said, is probably just Nisio not having any idea what he wanted to do with her character at that point in time. It could be something deeper, though. Who knows with this manga?
Old 2012-11-21, 16:16   Link #11180
Wolfenstein

Quote:
In addition, Ajimu's facial expression during that scene is pretty out-of-character given what we know about her, which, like I said, is probably just Nisio not having any idea what he wanted to do with her character at that point in time. It could be something deeper, though. Who knows with this manga?
Well, yeah. Goes without saying. Not gonna hold my breath for this theory, definitely.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council