AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 19:16   Link #6841
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The latest news is that Aaron Hernandez, has been arraigned and has pleaded not guilty on the count of murder in the first degree.

Hernandez was ordered to be held without bail and was taken to the Bristol County House of Corrections.
Things are not looking good for him, I just wondering why he would do this. He makes millions, has a beautiful fiancee, a child, and a nice home. Seems like a perfect life, Lloyd must have done something extreme to make Aaron throw all that all or is Aaron that stupid?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:03   Link #6842
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
True, not talking about Aaron Hernandez, but talking about the Nike symbol on it.
I didn't add it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:20   Link #6843
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I didn't add it.
Fair enough. Back on topic however, I listened to every radio sport forecast, read articles online, and though it pains me even turning to EPSN and NFL channel all seem to indicate that the police has a videotape with Aaron when victim was killed. Also, a bullet casing of the murder weapon was found in the front passenger of his car.

Everything seems to indicate that Aaron Hernandez indeed murder the victim and possibly looking 25 years to life in prison.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:36   Link #6844
sky black swordman

^ The latest news on Aaron Hernandez, is that a judge has denied bail once again. According to the judge, the prosecution has ‘very, very strong’ circumstantial case against him. And if things weren't bad enough for him, he is now being investigated for possible role in 2012 double murder in Boston.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:44   Link #6845
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^ The latest news on Aaron Hernandez, is that a judge has denied bail once again. According to the judge, the prosecution has ‘very, very strong’ circumstantial case against him. And if things weren't bad enough for him, he is now being investigated for possible role in 2012 double murder in Boston.
Reports are coming in that his new Fiance may need to testify in court. Things are really not looking good for him. Although this will not affect New England that much (I mean come on, its the Patriots, one way or another they will have another weapon to replace him), it is going to leave a bad aftertaste for the organization as a whole.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:29   Link #6846
sky black swordman

Quote:
Reports are coming in that his new Fiance may need to testify in court. Things are really not looking good for him. Although this will not affect New England that much (I mean come on, its the Patriots, one way or another they will have another weapon to replace him), it is going to leave a bad aftertaste for the organization as a whole.
What about "Spousal Privilege" ? Or does that only apply when the two are married?

Maybe, but the loss of Aaron is a big blow to that offence.

And even if he is no longer a part of the New England Patriots organization, people will and for quite a long time question the decision of drafting him in the first place when they knew he had problems since he was in college. All those teams that passed up drafting him when he first came out and regretted it, are now thankful of the fact they didn't.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-06-27 at 20:41.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 20:33   Link #6847
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
What about "Spousal Privilege" ? Or does that only apply when the two are married?
The closest I gotten to law school is American Government during my Freshman year in High School so I don't know about that. Coupled with that each state may have different condition, it makes it harder to figure out.
Old 2013-06-28, 09:04   Link #6848
Soverence

Quote:

Maybe, but the loss of Aaron is a big blow to that offence.

And even if he is no longer a part of the New England Patriots organization, people will and for quite a long time question the decision of drafting him in the first place when they knew he had problems since he was in college. All those teams that passed up drafting him when he first came out and regretted it, are now thankful of the fact they didn't.
I am pretty sure that you actually have to be legally married at the time in order to invoke Spousal Privilege, so the fact that they were planning to get married soon is irrelevant in this case. Of course as Reaper said, there could be some differences between states and such but I believe that it is usually like I said.

I don't really think you have to question drafting him in the first place, it really was a no brainer to draft him when they did. He was a supposed first round draft pick who fell all the way to the 4th round due to off the field issues and the New England Patriots grabbed him up. They are the perfect organization for dealing with people like that, because they remove them from the spotlight and try to mold them into their style of life almost. He gave the organization 3 good years which is more you can say about most 4th round draft picks, the fact that this ended up happening doesn't degrade the actual draft move. The idea that taking a 1st round prospect in the 4th round is a bad move seems silly to me even with all the events going on around him now.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:16   Link #6849
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Spousal privilege has two components and neither apply to Hernandez because he hasn't married yet.

But, if he had, they'd be:

1) Spousal Immunity: For any acts that took place before or during a marriage, a currently-married spouse can refuse to testify against her spouse in a criminal proceeding.

2) Confidential Marital Communication: For any confidential communications that took place during marriage and were based on the sanctity of marriage, a currently-married spouse or a former spouse cannot testify as to those communications unless the (current or former) spouse asserting the privilege waives it.

Stunningly, something I learned in the process of studying for the bar exam this summer came in handy... on Animesuki.... in a topic about football...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:26   Link #6850
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Things are not looking good for him, I just wondering why he would do this. He makes millions, has a beautiful fiancee, a child, and a nice home. Seems like a perfect life, Lloyd must have done something extreme to make Aaron throw all that all or is Aaron that stupid?
Given Hernandez's history of violence, I doubt it was anything extreme.

All that money.
All that talent.
Tossed away.

Why is talent wasted on trash? -_-
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:31   Link #6851
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Given Hernandez's history of violence, I doubt it was anything extreme.

All that money.
All that talent.
Tossed away.

Why is talent wasted on trash? -_-
The only bright side of this is that the new NFL rookies now knows what the consequences will be if they violate the law and rules of the NFL. Just wondering, what do you guys rank worst, Ray Lewis's case or Aaron Hernandez's case in NFL history?
Old 2013-06-28, 13:21   Link #6852
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I didn't follow the Ray Lewis case...but lack of evidence I believe is why he got off? In which case...Hernandez did the worst possible job of getting rid of evidence...

"Mr. Hernandez, please hand over any cellular device in your possession."

*hands over shattered phone."

"Mr. Hernandez, did you destroy your phone?"

...no.....

"Mr. Hernandez, we're going to need to confiscate your security surveillance videos."

I don't have them...

"and why is that?"

I dunno...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:55   Link #6853
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I didn't follow the Ray Lewis case...but lack of evidence I believe is why he got off? In which case...Hernandez did the worst possible job of getting rid of evidence...

"Mr. Hernandez, please hand over any cellular device in your possession."

*hands over shattered phone."

"Mr. Hernandez, did you destroy your phone?"

...no.....

"Mr. Hernandez, we're going to need to confiscate your security surveillance videos."

I don't have them...

"and why is that?"

I dunno...
Didn't follow the Ray Lewis case either, but I heard it is one of the worst situation a Football player can get. Maybe when Samari gets online he can give us the details, he knows pretty much about everything about football.
Old 2013-06-28, 17:52   Link #6854
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Stunningly, something I learned in the process of studying for the bar exam this summer came in handy... on Animesuki.... in a topic about football...
I guess, the things we learn come in handy in the most interesting places now, don't they.

Quote:
The only bright side of this is that the new NFL rookies now knows what the consequences will be if they violate the law and rules of the NFL. Just wondering, what do you guys rank worst, Ray Lewis's case or Aaron Hernandez's case in NFL history?
That's true. And I know little to nothing about Ray Lewis's case due to the facts, I didn't follow the Ray Lewis case, I was quite young when it happend and wasn't in to football as much as I am now. In any event, I'd say Hernandez because the chances are he ain't getting off.

Anyway, here some news on the New England Patriots side of the situation, The Patriots ProShop will offer a free exchange on Aaron Hernandez jerseys' purchased from the Patriots ProShop and PatriotsProShop.com for any other Patriots player's jersey. Thoughts ?
Old 2013-06-28, 18:49   Link #6855
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Anyway, here some news on the New England Patriots side of the situation, The Patriots ProShop will offer a free exchange on Aaron Hernandez jerseys' purchased from the Patriots ProShop and PatriotsProShop.com for any other Patriots player's jersey. Thoughts ?
Excellent initiative in my book. That shows how the club takes care of its fanbase as well as about the image of the club.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 16:44   Link #6856
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

With the recent events of players getting arrested, there was a blog on this website here cataloging the arrests of each team 2000 and beyond here is the image. I am surprise by the Bengals and Vikings leading the pack. What is everyone's thoughts?

Old 2013-06-29, 18:09   Link #6857
sky black swordman

^ It's great to see that my team doesn't lead in this category.

To be honest, I read an article (this one) on a website just last night about this and learned that there quite a few comments on twitter that say, "Now he's (Aaron Hernandez) going to sign with the Raiders." Honestly speaking, it irritates me so much that these "no nothing idiots" label my team as nothing more than a group of criminals.
Old 2013-06-29, 18:36   Link #6858
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^ It's great to see that my team doesn't lead in this category.

To be honest, I read an article (this one) on a website just last night about this and learned that there quite a few comments on twitter that say, "Now he's (Aaron Hernandez) going to sign with the Raiders." Honestly speaking, it irritates me so much that these "no nothing idiots" label my team as nothing more than a group of criminals.
True, I don't know why the Raiders get a bad reputation. Base off the charts, they don't get in trouble a lot. I am however sadden by how many arrests the Jaguars has had.

Good luck with you team, hopefully the Raiders can get back on the right track and hopefully my Jaguars are as well. Both teams seems like they will improve a lot next season.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:44   Link #6859
sky black swordman

Quote:
True, I don't know why the Raiders get a bad reputation. Base off the charts, they don't get in trouble a lot. I am however sadden by how many arrests the Jaguars has had.

Good luck with you team, hopefully the Raiders can get back on the right track and hopefully my Jaguars are as well. Both teams seems like they will improve a lot next season.
That's the thing, despite the fact that (based on that chart), Oakland's players don't get into too much trouble, as much as people like to think. Many people and fans of other teams still, however, label the Oakland Raiders as a group of criminals and assume we will sign every player that gets in trouble with the law or has a spot on the team. Honestly speaking, I didn't think that the Jacksonville Jaguars got into too much trouble, the number of arrests they have was a bit of a surprise.

Thank you very much and I hope for the best team as well.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:47   Link #6860
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
That's the thing, despite the fact that (based on that chart), Oakland's players don't get into too much trouble, as much as people like to think. Many people and fans of other teams still, however, label the Oakland Raiders as a group of criminals and assume we will sign every player that gets in trouble with the law or has a spot on the team. Honestly speaking, I didn't think that the Jacksonville Jaguars got into too much trouble, the number of arrests they have was a bit of a surprise.

Thank you very much and I hope for the best team as well.
I think its base of the Raider's history. In the present, there aren't known for that by those who know football inside and out. However, in the 70's 80's and 90's, the Raiders were very distinctive from other teams of their aggression so maybe that is it. As for the Jaguars, I am assuming the trouble stem that there isn't much in Jacksonville (Having grown up in Jacksonville and all until I move to Miami for college) so most i think are for drug possession and drinking problems.

Tags
american football, sports