AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-01, 16:21   Link #41
masterwok

Quote:
posted bybluemonq
we are informed that souske is japanese; his being raised afghani occurs after he is captured while acting as a soviet assassin. how and when this move occurs has afaik not been mentioned. his japanese origins may be part of the reason for his language skills
how do we know that souske is japanese? in the anime series i never heard that he was japanese. i think the show said that he joined instead of being captured by the afghani.
Old 2006-02-01, 20:09   Link #42
lemondude
"super lemon"

my bad I should have write it like this
dude any info as to wat that is? a ost maybe?
That's wat I meant
Old 2006-02-01, 20:35   Link #43
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
dude any info as to wat that is? a ost maybe?
No it is not. Its a bonus CD that came with each Fumoffu R2 DVDs, I belive
Its some sort of Tessa`s audio log book.

It came to my surprise that FMP Artbook was out like 6 years ago. Can anybody shed some light on Full Metal Panic - The Anime Mission contents. Maybe some thumbnail pics...

Last edited by Sunspot; 2006-02-01 at 20:53.
Old 2006-02-02, 14:41   Link #44
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Cheap price and notion of "complete pack" is a warning flag of it being an illegal bootleg. Support your favorite anime by buying the actual version in our R2 DVD format, or wait until it is released in your country through proper and legal means.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-02-13 at 02:10.
Old 2006-02-05, 22:39   Link #45
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
www.adv-films.com

It's currently releasing Fumoffu I believe. Don't know if you can buy the whole thing.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-02-05, 23:19   Link #46
Liquid-Fusion

If you are in the states you can go to www.netflix.com They have FMP DvDs 1-7 and Fumuffo god i always mispell it 1-4
Old 2006-02-06, 09:54   Link #47
Crucifix

I haven't heard about a complete collection for Fumoffu, I bought mine per volume with the first one with artbox. Maybe there will be in the future, but it seems that complete collection gets released in 1 or 2 years after the last volume came out.

P.S. I think the correct link to adv would be: www.advfilms.com
Old 2006-02-07, 20:18   Link #48
Liquid-Fusion

Does anyone know where to get the main story line books after TSR that are in english?
Old 2006-02-07, 20:33   Link #49
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid-Fusion
Does anyone know where to get the main story line books after TSR that are in english?
nope they arnt in english
Old 2006-02-07, 22:57   Link #50
Liquid-Fusion

God i need a little Japanese person who can read japanesse and speak english to translate man that is the suck. Is their any kind of release date for a translated one or are they waiting to get a license?
Old 2006-02-07, 23:09   Link #51
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
go here if u are looking for the ones after TSR. the ones after TSR are A Dancing Very Merry Christmas,and Continuing On My Own.
go here .http://pwolfamv.com/FMP/
Old 2006-02-09, 16:33   Link #52
DanielSong39

Will Mao and Kurtz get together?

I've been wondering about this since Season 1. They do seem to have a good deal of chemistry; it would be an absolute riot...
Old 2006-02-09, 22:10   Link #53
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
I've been wondering about this since Season 1. They do seem to have a good deal of chemistry; it would be an absolute riot...
Believe it or not, I think Kurz actually has a sick gf in the hospital (he joined mirthril to help pay medical expenses) and Mao is older. I actually think Mao might have had a past romantic involvement with Clouzot, the replacement for McCallen.
Old 2006-02-11, 16:31   Link #54
Sunspot

Does anyone know which FMP merchandise these wallpapers came with
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-12, 21:48   Link #55
Tarrot

FMP (initial 24 episode series) --> Fumoffu (12 half-hour episode side-stories) --> TSR
Old 2006-02-13, 14:35   Link #56
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot
Does anyone know which FMP merchandise these wallpapers came with
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure those would be from season one. Seina was only in season one, and fumoffu really wouldnt have anything mecha in it.
Old 2006-02-14, 18:22   Link #57
Pippin4242

Reposting plausible theory sans unwanted commentary on interpersonal relationships in FMP:

The pictures resmble somewhat the case designs from the first series.

*~Pips~*
Old 2006-02-15, 09:53   Link #58
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin4242
The pictures resmble somewhat the case designs from the first series.
Yes it is Gonzo character design we all know that. The thing is that there are at least 4 different releases of FMP and I`m interested which particular variant had these wall/scrolls or whatever they are
Old 2006-02-16, 14:33   Link #59
aznricekid

I'm trying to figure out what FMP Surplus manga has in the series.

It looks like its somehow related to ikinari but i cant tell much more than that.

Also, what's up with the FMP Comic Mission manga? It appears that they just rearranged some of the chapters of the original manga, but anyone know why?
Old 2006-02-19, 10:33   Link #60
Pippin4242

Questions, questions... can anybody tell me Kalinin's codname? Does Tessa have one? Does Mardukas have one?

How exactly are the crew of TDD-1 organised? There's the SRT, and I've heard of a PRT... what are the divisions, who (named characters) is in which, and what are their ranks? What are the responsibilities of each group? Do we know how many unnamed characters work in them? I believe Kalinin referred once to 200 crew.

Kurz's guitar is a Gibson. Any information on what make? Has it ever been illustrated?

AS pilots appear to use fairly normal looking weapons (I know nothing about the military). Would these be the same weapons they would use on foot? If not, what are they? Particularly with regards to Kurz.

What are the medical facilities on the TDD-1 like? Who is in charge? Do we know their name? Have they appeared in the anime? How well would they know the rest of the crew? How often do people end up visiting the medical facilities? Considering how few characters we know well and how often they seem to wind up requiring treatment, would it be fair to assume it might be a busy place, or are many of the crew in less rough jobs?

Classic rock music. That's how Kurz's taste is referred to in the information thread. Are there any specific examples of this given? In the English manga Kaname says excitedly "He can sing just like Steve Tyler!" So what language would he sing in? Presumably Japanese would feel most natural, but there's German too and the comparisons make me wonder if English would be a possibility. I guess it depends if it's covers or his own songs. Or does he do both? (BTW the books mention him singing "Take Me Out Mariana Trench" somewhere, don't they? To the students. I've seen a translation of this song somewhere, but I can't find it now. Does anybody know where I could get one?)

Yeah, I'm having another go at my fanfic. *sigh* Could someone have a really good look at these questions for me please? Some of them might seem a bit silly, but I'm trying really hard to create a realistic story without much to work with. Each question is there for a reason. Kj? Anyone?

*~Pips~*
Closed Thread