AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-07, 06:22   Link #8361
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
[...]
I'm confused, you mean Tatsuya should use AoE decomposition 2 feets above the ground where Lina is ? isn't that going to chop off the upper half of her body ? He can't heal her if she's already dead.

Also it's true that the AoE abides by a condition depending on the magic however that condition is already decided by the magic sequence itself, Tatsuya can't just choose any random condition.
For example Maya's magic has a condition that anything that is not 100% transparent will be pierced, or Ichijou's magic affect all entities/objects with fluids in them, but Tatsuya's decomposition's only restriction is things that do not have a physical body, that is just how decomposition is made. If Tatsuya wants to exclude something from it then he can't do it on the spot in the middle of the battle and has to develop a new magic sequence for it and even then, he's have to find a "scientific" condition to use, he can't just input "don't kill humans", magic isn't an intelligent being, it needs to be given very specific detail on what it needs to do so you'll have to find detail that would let the magic sequence discern between human targets and non human targets, something that has to do with their physical composition, restrictions like Maya's and Ichijou's.
Guessing at people's heights, 2 feet above the ground would cut off her legs. That's not going to kill her, AND he would fully expect Lina to protect herself against it somehow, which would almost certainly dampen the effect. So there's no reason for him to put in any kind of exception.
Old 2013-12-07, 06:48   Link #8362
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Guessing at people's heights, 2 feet above the ground would cut off her legs. That's not going to kill her, AND he would fully expect Lina to protect herself against it somehow, which would almost certainly dampen the effect. So there's no reason for him to put in any kind of exception.
Ah you meant that the height, i thought you meant the AoE starts from 2 feet above the ground.
In that case yes he could have used it, but like I said maybe it has to do with his limiter and more importantly, remember that back then when he used the grenade and all, he was still trying to hide his abilities, which is shown when he used the grenade he stopped his auto-restoration from activating so that Lina doesn't see it. Tatsuya doesn't like to resort to his classified magic unless absolutely necessary and he is left with no other choice.
Old 2013-12-07, 10:50   Link #8363
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Between alluring Miyuki and Chibi Miyuki, which one do you prefer?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-12-07, 11:19   Link #8364
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Between alluring Miyuki and Chibi Miyuki, which one do you prefer?
Silly question...Miyuki is perfect no matter what age she's in.
Old 2013-12-07, 11:28   Link #8365
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I've also realized that Tatsuya shares many similarities with standard fantasy's portrayal of dragons:

1) They are sometimes bound in service to a sorcerer.

2) What binds them is often not chains but something more abstract, maybe even intangible, like spells or "soft" binds like Gleipnir. Also, sometimes its maidens who tame dragons.

3) Both are ridiculously powerful and the dragons are usually the fantasy world's equivalent of nukes.

4) Dragons are fiercely protective of their charges. And when they get mad they're unstoppable engines of destruction.

5) Dragons are known for their destructive and regenerative powers, and for some, their treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom.

There might be more, but this is all I can think of right now^^. You can also add in the stuff he says during volume 4 and the kanji of his name along with his military alias to drive home the symbolism.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2013-12-07 at 13:11.
Old 2013-12-07, 12:57   Link #8366
Rava

Quote:
Ah you meant that the height, i thought you meant the AoE starts from 2 feet above the ground.
In that case yes he could have used it, but like I said maybe it has to do with his limiter and more importantly, remember that back then when he used the grenade and all, he was still trying to hide his abilities, which is shown when he used the grenade he stopped his auto-restoration from activating so that Lina doesn't see it. Tatsuya doesn't like to resort to his classified magic unless absolutely necessary and he is left with no other choice.
Except he wasn't hiding Decomposition. Remember what happened to the daggers she fired at him twice?
Old 2013-12-07, 14:08   Link #8367
Jirachier

Quote:
Except he wasn't hiding Decomposition. Remember what happened to the daggers she fired at him twice?
Tatsuya hides his abilities as long as he can, the dagger were coming at him he had no other way of destroying them besides Decomposition so he resorted to it, when Lina was hiding he had the option of using a grenade so he used it, then he hid his auto-restoration. Even after she saw him do all that she has yet to figure out what Tatsuya did, she thinks he used illusions on her. If Tatsuya had used decomposition on her on the level of cutting of her feets she might have discovered more clues about his magic and yes he did use it against her at the final battle but again that was last resort, he had no other way of handling the situation not to mention he unlike the fight where he used the grenade, this time he used decomposition on an extremely small scape in specific locations to render her unconscious so when she woke up she didn't know what happened, something that might not have happened if he had cut off her legs(Yes it might sound absurd that a bigger wound won't make her go unconscious, but unlike the one in the final battle if it was AoE he couldn't pinpoint the specific location that can make a person lose consciousness).

Every time Tatsuya is fighting someone, no matter who it is he will always try to use the minimal amount of magic, that is just how he fights, the only time he doesn't do this is when he's angry or is fighting an entire army on the battlefield and he's hiding his face with a battle suit.
Old 2013-12-07, 16:41   Link #8368
Rava

Quote:
Tatsuya hides his abilities as long as he can, the dagger were coming at him he had no other way of destroying them besides Decomposition so he resorted to it, when Lina was hiding he had the option of using a grenade so he used it, then he hid his auto-restoration. Even after she saw him do all that she has yet to figure out what Tatsuya did, she thinks he used illusions on her. If Tatsuya had used decomposition on her on the level of cutting of her feets she might have discovered more clues about his magic and yes he did use it against her at the final battle but again that was last resort, he had no other way of handling the situation not to mention he unlike the fight where he used the grenade, this time he used decomposition on an extremely small scape in specific locations to render her unconscious so when she woke up she didn't know what happened, something that might not have happened if he had cut off her legs(Yes it might sound absurd that a bigger wound won't make her go unconscious, but unlike the one in the final battle if it was AoE he couldn't pinpoint the specific location that can make a person lose consciousness).

Every time Tatsuya is fighting someone, no matter who it is he will always try to use the minimal amount of magic, that is just how he fights, the only time he doesn't do this is when he's angry or is fighting an entire army on the battlefield and he's hiding his face with a battle suit.
He doesn't know she thinks he's an illusionist though, and they explicitly say that. She also doesn't come to that conclusion until the very end.

As far as he's concerned, he's already shown both Decomposition and Regrowth to her. Any reason he has to hide them is non-existent. And slicing the legs off is just one example. Another example if he had the ability to AoE without having to target anything, he could have blanketed an area with those decomposition needles. Or decompose all the O2 into O in the area he thinks Lina actually is in. The possibilities go on. All reasons why I say he put together his AoE effect after Lina and before the 2nd year.
Old 2013-12-07, 16:48   Link #8369
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Silly question...Miyuki is perfect no matter what age she's in.
I agree I used to be a fan og mayumi (because I like onee-sans) but the relationship between tat's and miyuki is healing and refreshing when compare to all the violent tsuderes that popular today.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:12   Link #8370
Jirachier

Quote:
He doesn't know she thinks he's an illusionist though, and they explicitly say that. She also doesn't come to that conclusion until the very end.

As far as he's concerned, he's already shown both Decomposition and Regrowth to her. Any reason he has to hide them is non-existent. And slicing the legs off is just one example. Another example if he had the ability to AoE without having to target anything, he could have blanketed an area with those decomposition needles. Or decompose all the O2 into O in the area he thinks Lina actually is in. The possibilities go on. All reasons why I say he put together his AoE effect after Lina and before the 2nd year.
I don't know exactly when he learned to AoE, I just know it was after the battle 3 years ago, it might be that he only learned it after Lina like you said, who knows.
Tatsuya never assumes his opponent knows of his abilities until said opponent explicitly displays such knowledge, and as you've seen thanks to all of his effort at the end Lina could not deduce what magics he has used.
Like I said before, if Tatsuya has a choice between defeating an enemy with close combat even though it's more annoying and one shoting them with decomposition, he will opt for close combat, if it's using a grenade instead of decomposition he will do so. Tatsuya will ALWAYS hide his abilities until the very end, even if he had given glimpses of them beforehand he keeps going under the assumption that the opponent has yet to put all the pieces together.
Also Tatsuya can't do the "needle decomposition" because it's a form of magic that requires individual targeting and has to be used on specific locations on the body otherwise it's pointless.
Also like I said, this ability might just be something he can only access when the seal is lifted, after all he learned the most difficult decomposition magic "Material Burst" before he could learn AoE decomposition.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:49   Link #8371
Diocar

Bah... In conclusion miyuki needs to get hurt, unseal tatsuya and there be a lot of powerfull bad guys with no cameras around! Then i believe tatsuya will show everything he can do
Old 2013-12-07, 17:53   Link #8372
crim

After the first fight Lina was sure he had a magic like molicular divider but after the second fight she convinced herself it was all ninja illusions.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:59   Link #8373
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Bah... In conclusion miyuki needs to get hurt, unseal tatsuya and there be a lot of powerfull bad guys with no cameras around! Then i believe tatsuya will show everything he can do
Do you want to cause a genocide.
Besides this already happen, and he didn't just destroy the attacking fleet he annihilated obliterated (yes it takes two) them.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:09   Link #8374
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
I've also realized that Tatsuya shares many similarities with standard fantasy's portrayal of dragons:

2) What binds them is often not chains but something more abstract, maybe even intangible, like spells or "soft" binds like Gleipnir. Also, sometimes its maidens who tame dragons.

3) Both are ridiculously powerful and the dragons are usually the fantasy world's equivalent of nukes.

4) Dragons are fiercely protective of their charges. And when they get mad they're unstoppable engines of destruction.

5) Dragons are known for their destructive and regenerative powers, and for some, their treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom.

There might be more, but this is all I can think of right now^^. You can also add in the stuff he says during volume 4 and the kanji of his name along with his military alias to drive home the symbolism.
Japanese people value the meaning of the name!!!
If you look at there name its shows their abilities and power, among them Miyuki and Erika stands out the most, well theres Mayumi too!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-12-07, 21:17   Link #8375
Sylux

Who else is looking forward to the fight between Tomitsuka and Tatsuya?
Old 2013-12-07, 21:27   Link #8376
questmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
If you look at there name its shows their abilities and power, among them Miyuki and Erika stands out the most, well theres Mayumi too!
so:
miyuki = deep snow
mayumi = true bow

what does erika mean?
Old 2013-12-07, 21:45   Link #8377
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by questmas View Post
so:
miyuki = deep snow
mayumi = true bow

what does erika mean?
Eternal Ruler/Ever Powerful=Basically a strong personality!
Well i think in japan being strong=Samurai!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2013-12-07 at 21:58.
Old 2013-12-08, 02:58   Link #8378
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Oh my...you're right. Some of their names hint at their powers.

I better check out what "Masaki" means then.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:58   Link #8379
hakazee

Quote:
On some level, those were Tatsuya’s honest thoughts on the matter. –That is who I am. He was someone who wielded incredible destructive power on the scale of nuclear weapons and may very well one day shatter the world. So “what” was he? This was the question that he often posed to himself without any suitable answer.
Shatter the world

Quote:
At Ushio bowing his head and apologizing, Tatsuya also returned the greeting and offered his apologies. Yet, his words were still quite haughty.
And he's haughty as usual
Old 2013-12-08, 04:38   Link #8380
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Vol 12 chap 2 is out, 2 new characters that pique my interest and of course they are....

First, Kitayama Akane (Shizuku’s mother), she seem to be connected, since she know the details of vampire incident. I can't wait until she realise what Tatsuya is really capable of.

and sencond is Sawamura Maki (The Actress), who is she really? I feel like she is connect to some organization and is trying to arrange a meeting with Shiba siblings.
BTW is she the same actress in vol 5 Memories of Summer?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings