AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 13:07   Link #1761
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Either this got extended, or they're going to have to blow through a LOT of Fairy Dance very quickly after the initial intro.
Old 2012-10-11, 14:42   Link #1762
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Either this got extended, or they're going to have to blow through a LOT of Fairy Dance very quickly after the initial intro.
While the Fairy Dance Arc is two full volumes of the LN, there's really limited plot development. The Anime can spend less time explaining basic concepts of VRMMOs, a lot of the long descriptions of emotions are easy to show in animation, and though I don't want them too, they can skit a fight or two here and there to cut the story. at the end of the day, I see 4-5 episodes of fighting, with 5-6 episodes of plot development in between. plenty of time
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:08   Link #1763
kayos90

The way FD is structured, A-1 can easily adapt one chapter per episode. Considering that we have 11 episodes remaining, this is definitely doable.
kayos90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:48   Link #1764
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos90 View Post
The way FD is structured, A-1 can easily adapt one chapter per episode. Considering that we have 11 episodes remaining, this is definitely doable.
So we can expect that A-1 will not screw the direction again...? ...somehow I don't think so.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:36   Link #1765
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
So we can expect that A-1 will not screw the direction again...? ...somehow I don't think so.
Eh.. Why would they? They did a good fairly good job with the SAO arc.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 23:49   Link #1766
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Eh.. Why would they? They did a good fairly good job with the SAO arc.
Seems to some people, Aincrad arc seems abit rushed eventhough I think Aincrad arc was managed quite nicely.
Old 2012-10-12, 00:13   Link #1767
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Seems to some people, Aincrad arc seems abit rushed eventhough I think Aincrad arc was managed quite nicely.
Fights were heavily shortened in Aincrad card to emphasis MCs' emotional and mental development/changes

While I actually love what A-1 did with the Aincrad arc, I have to admit that fight scenes take more pages in the LN than their screen time in the anime. it could've been done differently, hell, if you incorporate all the side stories and stretch out the fights etc, Aincrad arc could've lasted the full 25ep. but I like what A-1 did better
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 01:10   Link #1768
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
Fights were heavily shortened in Aincrad card to emphasis MCs' emotional and mental development/changes

While I actually love what A-1 did with the Aincrad arc, I have to admit that fight scenes take more pages in the LN than their screen time in the anime. it could've been done differently, hell, if you incorporate all the side stories and stretch out the fights etc, Aincrad arc could've lasted the full 25ep. but I like what A-1 did better
Fight scenes always takes pages when read in LNs while it only takes some time in anime, reason of it is because LN describes the inner thought proccess of the MC which makes a couple mins fights felt like days. That kind of inner thoughts can't fully be brought to anime, it happens to most animes not just the one being adapted.
Old 2012-10-12, 03:28   Link #1769
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post

It is obvious that anime fight scenes will follow only a small part of the LN script. If thoughts also were to be given a consideration then it will be drama genre
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 14:01   Link #1770
Marina2

The offical website changed into ALO version. (Along with characters page)
http://www.swordart-online.net/
Old 2012-10-13, 08:11   Link #1771
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The offical website changed into ALO version. (Along with characters page)
http://www.swordart-online.net/
The contents in the character and story pages got divided into Aincrad and Fairy Dance arc.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 08:13   Link #1772
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The contents in the character and story pages got divided into Aincrad and Fairy Dance arc.
w/c is sad because they aren't being consistent for now.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:38   Link #1773
dametsuna

Episode 15 is great as ever... Sogou is despicable as always. Though what disappoint me is the World Tree of ALO... it is white and looks like a building... i thought it would be greener.
dametsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 21:03   Link #1774
dmaxzero

Of the many villians I have seen, Sugou is one of the most detestable. I really feel like cracking his bones and eating his liver when he touched Asuna´s lips and the face he made at that. He is well portrayed here, and whats good about it, is that as a villian, he has a clear well defined antagonist role, something that Aincrad never truly had until the end.

Well, I am happy to see this animated, its just one week of real time and the plot is more concise, which will make the pace more entertaining. Cant wait... And also, its more action packed, so for many it ll be more enjoyable.

Well, in the novels is easy to diguest, but here will be weird having the heroine switch... because this is Sugu heavy till the end.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 21:25   Link #1775
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Of the many villians I have seen, Sugou is one of the most detestable. I really feel like cracking his bones and eating his liver when he touched Asuna´s lips and the face he made at that. He is well portrayed here, and whats good about it, is that as a villian, he has a clear well defined antagonist role, something that Aincrad never truly had until the end.

Well, I am happy to see this animated, its just one week of real time and the plot is more concise, which will make the pace more entertaining. Cant wait... And also, its more action packed, so for many it ll be more enjoyable.

Well, in the novels is easy to diguest, but here will be weird having the heroine switch... because this is Sugu heavy till the end.
Suguha's significant role only holds until the World Tree Quest. Beyond that(rescuing Asuna in the lab and the final fight) she no longer have that much important role.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:04   Link #1776
Znail

Quote:
Suguha's significant role only holds until the World Tree Quest. Beyond that(rescuing Asuna in the lab and the final fight) she no longer have that much important role.
Maybe not important, but she will get some screen time to the end at least. She deserves something for the dubious honor of getting her heart double tapped
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:29   Link #1777
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Maybe not important, but she will get some screen time to the end at least. She deserves something for the dubious honor of getting her heart double tapped
Well yeah, I didn't subject to Suguha having a screen time to the end since I also sympathize with her getting double heart stab. I'm just pointing out to dmaxzero that her role isn't as that important as to be called a main heroine one.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:48   Link #1778
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Apparently lot's of people are sourgraping about the "blonde girl" in the OP. I wonder what their reactions will be when they find out who she really is? And yeah that double whammy on poor Sugu's heart... harsh as it gets.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:49   Link #1779
Znail

Quote:
Well yeah, I didn't subject to Suguha having a screen time to the end since I also sympathize with her getting double heart stab. I'm just pointing out to dmaxzero that her role isn't as that important as to be called a main heroine one.
True, the main heroine for this arc is Yui
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:53   Link #1780
dmaxzero

Quote:
Well yeah, I didn't subject to Suguha having a screen time to the end since I also sympathize with her getting double heart stab. I'm just pointing out to dmaxzero that her role isn't as that important as to be called a main heroine one
For all that matter she fulfills that role, she accompanies our hero´s journey, she braves the dangers with him, plus is romantically entangled, one sided and double stabbed yes, but will be at the very end. Asuna is the love interest here and dame in distress, not the heroine. No matter how much we may like the character, thats the role she takes here.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote