AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 06:26   Link #28281
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
So for the list and order he gave u what he meant by old and new is:

Some of the older series got remaster movies, which somewhat/greatly updates some of the animation, some more so to the point where scene changes are awkward purely due to the age gap in animation

MS Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam both got 3 movie remasters (zeta being the awkward animation changes I mentioned)
Actually, that’s not what I meant when I said “mix old and new series” .

According to my order, I put The 08th MS Team right after MS Gundam so that he can have a break after watching 70s animation (of MS Gundam) by watching the more recent 90s animation (of 08th MS Team). After that, he can go back to a slightly old-school animation (of Gundam 0080) then go back to a more modern 90s animation (of Gundam 0083). Then he’ll get hit by a combo of 80s animation (of Zeta & ZZ) before enjoying a decent movie-level animation (of CCA). After that, he can enjoy the glory of Gundam Unicorn if he hasn’t done so already .

Just like you said, my recommendation above are all for the series (except CCA, of course). I wasn’t recommending him to watch any trilogy movies before watching the series.

---------------

On another note: MG Nu Ka Double Fin Funnel looks busy :

EDIT: So this is MG Nu's answer to Destiny's "Full Blast Mode" and SF's "Full Burst Mode" XD:

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-12-06 at 07:15.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:14   Link #28282
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So my order of the MG 00 Raiser (Trans-Am version) along with 2 additional sets of the red LED lights arrived from GG Infinite!

I knew they'd have it! I mean yea I've seen it every now and then online, but they were asking nearly $300 (US) for it, and I got a much better deal over at GG Infinite.

Apparently, this guy was a really limited edition release, and not many were made which is why not many people had it for sale & the few that did were asking like way more than the actual YEN price.

Now all I need (well in terms of released kits anyway) is the MG Exia Trans Am then all my lead 00 Master Grade kit collection will be complete (so far).
Old 2012-12-06, 13:09   Link #28283
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, that’s not what I meant when I said “mix old and new series” .

According to my order, I put The 08th MS Team right after MS Gundam so that he can have a break after watching 70s animation (of MS Gundam) by watching the more recent 90s animation (of 08th MS Team). After that, he can go back to a slightly old-school animation (of Gundam 0080) then go back to a more modern 90s animation (of Gundam 0083). Then he’ll get hit by a combo of 80s animation (of Zeta & ZZ) before enjoying a decent movie-level animation (of CCA). After that, he can enjoy the glory of Gundam Unicorn if he hasn’t done so already .

Just like you said, my recommendation above are all for the series (except CCA, of course). I wasn’t recommending him to watch any trilogy movies before watching the series.

---------------

On another note: MG Nu Ka Double Fin Funnel looks busy :

EDIT: So this is MG Nu's answer to Destiny's "Full Blast Mode" and SF's "Full Burst Mode" XD:
Woops misinterpreted xD my bad

As for the Nu Gundam IMO Double Fin Funnel looks badass, would totally love to have that on my shelf (too bad I cant afford it lol).......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:56   Link #28284
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I agree. If you're going to get the MG Nu Gundam ver. Ka, you should definitely also get the Double Fin Funnel set as well!

Oh and for those interested, I just posted up 3 GunPla related videos to my YouTube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLFJdiOP5ZU&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRGoZyo17nE&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2p4sAW5oTM&hd=1
Old 2012-12-06, 21:28   Link #28285
FalsePrime

Ugh, I got to say I hate the Double Fin Funnel. One of the greatest parts of the Nu is the asysmtery, it makes the suit both unique and amazing. This is why I love the Nu far more then Hi Nu.

The Double Fin takes that uniqueness as well as making the unit way to busy for my taste. Will happily skip of over this.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:55   Link #28286
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Ugh, I got to say I hate the Double Fin Funnel. One of the greatest parts of the Nu is the asysmtery, it makes the suit both unique and amazing. This is why I love the Nu far more then Hi Nu.

The Double Fin takes that uniqueness as well as making the unit way to busy for my taste. Will happily skip of over this.

I guess this is like the 00 Qan[T] in that it's asymmetrical that makes it so unique, when you attach the Full Saber, it just ruins the original appeal?
Old 2012-12-06, 22:16   Link #28287
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Agreed .

But if the Double Fin Funnel Unit is the only way I can get the Funnel effect-parts, I'll have to buy it eventually.
Old 2012-12-06, 22:19   Link #28288
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed .

But if the Double Fin Funnel Unit is the only way I can get the Funnel effect-parts, I'll have to buy it eventually.
And that's how Bandai kinda guilts you into buying things... "...have to buy it eventuall..." mentality. =D

Anyway uh.. What are the best versions of all the lead Gundams & variations from the UC series?
Old 2012-12-06, 22:43   Link #28289
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
It's funny cause I prefer the Hi-Nu over the Nu myself but in this case I do think the double fin doesn't quite suit the Nu, does take away that unique look which is weird still cause tbh I wasn't a huge fan of the Nu before this new MG.

You know what I'd like to see is a MKII with a funnel or dragoon system.
Old 2012-12-07, 00:50   Link #28290
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
It's funny cause I prefer the Hi-Nu over the Nu myself but in this case I do think the double fin doesn't quite suit the Nu, does take away that unique look which is weird still cause tbh I wasn't a huge fan of the Nu before this new MG.

You know what I'd like to see is a MKII with a funnel or dragoon system.
I'm only buying the Double Fin Funnel set mainly because of the effect parts that it comes with. Of course the stand and everything to help it pose better is appreciated. But the extra fin funnels which is the main feature of the package is.... err.. nevermind

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:33   Link #28291
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
And that's how Bandai kinda guilts you into buying things... "...have to buy it eventuall..." mentality. =D

Anyway uh.. What are the best versions of all the lead Gundams & variations from the UC series?
RX-78-2 MG 2.0 (I actually prefer Ver Ka or One Year War simply because I hate the exagerrated anime hands and shoulders) is widely considered the best Gundam and is really just the Perfect Grade in a smaller scale.

Gundam MKII MG 2.0 - I do believe the 2.0 is better then the RG, however if you are a fan of the 1/144 Scale then by all means go with it.

Zeta MG 2.0 - Real Grade seems great but the 2.0 is amazing and really nails the Zeta as well as coming with a bad ass stand on top of it having the Mega Cannon.

ZZ HGUC - MG while it looks good just standing there and in G Fortress is overall terrible. Thing is a brick, and way worse then something like Unicorn as well has having other issues. The HGUC completely nails the look and feel of ZZ at a cheaper price and overall an amazing Model. ZZ is what all HG's should aspire to be.

Nu Ver Ka - Even if it some how turned out to be a bad kit (it won't be) it will be better then the origianl simply because of the look of the kit. The only reason why it should even be considered would be if you have the Evolve type look.

Unicorn OVA/Full Armor - Given the Ver Ka is out of Print you wouldn't have an easy time getting that anyway so your choice is between the HD Color or OVA. Full Armor depends if you like the Green Phycho Frame and all the weapons. HGUC's are nice but they just don't compare to the MG's.

F91 MG - Good kit, some people have loose issue's others don't. Overall it's a Seabook suit so you should get it.

Crossbone MG - Crossbone X1 is the one I would recommend. Full Cloth is just to busy and all the extra hassle isn't worth it. The simplicity of X1 and the fact it's piloted by Seabook makes it the clear winner in my mind.

Victory - This one is bit harder, the MG Ver Ka would natrually be it for alot of people, but the crazy thing is the HG 1/100's from Victory are way higher quality then the G/W/X kits in my mind and if you are afraid of how loose the Ver Ka is to many people then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Victory HG.

Ground/Ez-8 - I would totally wait on the EZ-8 coming to HGUC and hopefully the up coming Ground RG.

I honestly have no clue when it comes to the GP01, but don't get GP02A, the thing deserves way better then the current MG offers.
Old 2012-12-07, 02:32   Link #28292
evolution_ayu

Quote:
I honestly have no clue when it comes to the GP01, but don't get GP02A, the thing deserves way better then the current MG offers.
Just want to point out that there is a HGUC GP02A (and another with an MLRS backpack) which is way better than the MG. The rest of the GP series kits (MG, HGUC) are all dated.
Old 2012-12-07, 05:20   Link #28293
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post

Gundam 2.0
Mark II 2.0
Zeta 2.0
MG ZZ
MG GP01 MG GP03
MG ground Gundam
MG Ez-8
MG AleX
Mg Unicorn / MG Full Armor Unicorn
MG F91
MG Victory Gundam ver Ka.
1/100 no grade V2 Assault Blaster
1/144 G Saviour
Mg Turn-A Gundam
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:31   Link #28294
Zeydra
A random passerby

What they are doing with the Nu double Fin Funnel set makes me worry about the Destiny Real Grade. I can see it now, Wings of Light are an online exclusive.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:47   Link #28295
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
What they are doing with the Nu double Fin Funnel set makes me worry about the Destiny Real Grade. I can see it now, Wings of Light are an online exclusive.
The HG and SD came with the Wings of Light, but at the rate this is going I think you might be right. Sigh.

Last edited by bio9205; 2012-12-08 at 03:50.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 11:20   Link #28296
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
The HG and SD came with the Wings of Light, but at the rate this is going I think you might be right. Sign.
Nah. Bandai will just make a separate RG kit..lol... WINGS OF DESTINY VERSION or something.

Oh and I'd like to ask for a favor...

Of the UC universe, can anyone give me a list of all the main leads?
Old 2012-12-07, 13:47   Link #28297
suiton629
Master Grade Master

F91 MG
Crossbone MG
Victory

^ Are those necessary?

RX-78-2 MG 2.0

Gundam MKII MG 2.0
- shouldn't i get both titans and aeug or is the aeug the main one?

Zeta MG 2.0

Is the ZZ MG bad?

Nu Ver Ka
Unicorn OVA/Full Armor
- shouldn't i get both OVA and Full Armor as well as Banshee OVA?

Ground/Ez-8
- i think i would get both ground and ez-8
- but you think we'll see a 2.0 for them in MG?
- i hear they suck

Also, isn't Amuro the lead from Gundam UC universe? So which ones does he pilot?
Old 2012-12-07, 14:44   Link #28298
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You should be asking these questions in the Q&A thread.

Saw some new pics of the Stein and it's looking good, will def be a Gunpla custom builders wet dream me thinks.
So much they could do with it.
But still rather expensive imo and didn't think I would say this but I'm starting to think on whether or not I should get it.
Old 2012-12-07, 16:55   Link #28299
FalsePrime

Stien is looks mighty amazing. Honestly can't wait to get it. I'm really loving the White suit theme they have going the next few months.

Nu, Tallgeese, Tallgeese RD, Stien and even Delta Gundam Kai all make great use of largely white color schemes and I really love them for it.
Old 2012-12-07, 18:06   Link #28300
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Well, this sucks, i put one of my Jestas onto my Anksha and the action base peg broke, poop. It looked so good
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy