AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 14:34   Link #29281
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know about you, but Strike Freedom’s WoL additional parts is pretty cheap from where I buy it (local store). I think it’s only about 5-7 US dollars. It’s a chinese product but the result is pretty good:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
For real?! O.o I was going by memory and I remembered seeing WoL for SF. But there a bunch out there for different figures and kits, might be I mixed them up. Gotta check ebay for those, thanks man!

Edit: Found them for 13€ The expansive ome are rhose for the Robot Dashii

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2013-03-15 at 15:34.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:39   Link #29282
Araxiel

Gosh, now I'm gonna have to remember to post pics when I'm done.
Couldn't wait and assembled the Vigna Gina last night. The silver's quite nice, but it's very slightly translucent.

Points for guessing what's just poking into frame at the left there.
Old 2013-03-16, 21:18   Link #29283
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Couldn't wait and assembled the Vigna Gina last night. The silver's quite nice, but it's very slightly translucent.
A plain assembling I see? I was expecting you to also apply the stickers so that I can see some purple colors and other markings on that Vigna Gina .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Points for guessing what's just poking into frame at the left there.
That looks like the tip of Freedom’s wing from here.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:10   Link #29284
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Well, if we're gonna get a Freedom HD Ver, then I think Bandai will give us a Strike Freedom HD Ver, and then put out an online exclusive for the Dragoon system effect parts and whatnot.

With Aegis out, then I hope we get HD Ver releases for:

Justice
Infinite Justice
Savior
Force Impulse
Sword Impulse
Blast Impulse
Destiny Gundam --> and again probably Wings of Light as online exclusive like the RG

I think Bandai will treat the HD Ver line of Seed/Seed Destiny MG's like what they do with the MG Age line; in that they release 1 kit, and then re-use the frame and make changes for others.

Hell, we might even get a Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos like how we get Aegis, Buster, and Dual (w/ Assault Shroud).
Old 2013-03-17, 02:35   Link #29285
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Just got my Genoace & Genoace II. Great kits, but my Genoace II is rather loose compared to my Genoace, which is rather annoying, but other than that, the Genoace frame is amazing. great articulation, weapons land solid in the hands aswell. no trouble standing up.

Can't wait for my paint to arrive so i can start airbrushing again.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 04:25   Link #29286
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Well, if we're gonna get a Freedom HD Ver, then I think Bandai will give us a Strike Freedom HD Ver, and then put out an online exclusive for the Dragoon system effect parts and whatnot.

With Aegis out, then I hope we get HD Ver releases for:

Justice
Infinite Justice
Savior
Force Impulse
Sword Impulse
Blast Impulse
Destiny Gundam --> and again probably Wings of Light as online exclusive like the RG

I think Bandai will treat the HD Ver line of Seed/Seed Destiny MG's like what they do with the MG Age line; in that they release 1 kit, and then re-use the frame and make changes for others.

Hell, we might even get a Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos like how we get Aegis, Buster, and Dual (w/ Assault Shroud).
You don't get it do you.
Models only get a version 2.0 when the 1.0 is outdated, which for most seed destiny models out there is not the case. IJ, destiny, SF and impulse have a very modern frame and will not get a new release. There is already a destiny with wings of light called the "extreme blast" version so you won't get that either.

Gaia, abyss and chaos are all transforming suits with different transforming mechanisms, not interchangeable. You can't reuse aegis cause it's completely different! Luckily nor those 3 nor saviour's transformations gimmick are complex, they are only half as complex as aegis or zeta gundam so making that would not be a problem.

Justice is not part of destiny so he's out for a MG for now.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 08:06   Link #29287
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Just got my Genoace & Genoace II. Great kits, but my Genoace II is rather loose compared to my Genoace, which is rather annoying, but other than that, the Genoace frame is amazing. great articulation, weapons land solid in the hands aswell. no trouble standing up.

Can't wait for my paint to arrive so i can start airbrushing again.
I tried the Genoace Custom HG and I noticed that too. It is a bit loose. But what I did to remedy that was to use some Tamiya Extra Thin Cement (a little bit) and let the glue bond the parts together while also thicking some parts.

Painting will fix the looseness.
Old 2013-03-17, 09:10   Link #29288
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I tried the Genoace Custom HG and I noticed that too. It is a bit loose. But what I did to remedy that was to use some Tamiya Extra Thin Cement (a little bit) and let the glue bond the parts together while also thicking some parts.

Painting will fix the looseness.
See, the strange part is its the same parts that my Genoace has, and those are really right. it's wierd.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 09:24   Link #29289
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
See, the strange part is its the same parts that my Genoace has, and those are really right. it's wierd.
Probably a bad mold?
Old 2013-03-17, 10:07   Link #29290
Providenceangle

Silicone might be a good trick too. I've thought about trying it, but worry it wouldn't bond to plastic. I'm gonna try resin casting some poly caps, and try silicone. Hopefully I get a similar effect, that the original plastic gives.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 10:08   Link #29291
Araxiel

Quote:
A plain assembling I see? I was expecting you to also apply the stickers so that I can see some purple colors and other markings on that Vigna Gina .
Plain assembly for now because I'm intending to paint it later. I will be using the waterslide transfers too, though.

Quote:
That looks like the tip of Freedom’s wing from here.
Correct you are.
Old 2013-03-17, 22:10   Link #29292
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...ke-hd-ver.html

I just want to know.
Who here is getting this guy?
Old 2013-03-18, 00:53   Link #29293
ssbb210

me but not this year
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 05:36   Link #29294
Appel

"P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: RG 1/144 Destiny Gundam Expansion Effect Unit "Wing of Light" - Announced!"
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2013/03...lusive-rg.html
I freaking knew it! XD At keast they aren't selling any "essential" kits in that online store as exclusives. So all in all I am cool with that.

I also took some new photos yesterday. Taking portrait shots like this is SO much more fun with a flash!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 06:33   Link #29295
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
"P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: RG 1/144 Destiny Gundam Expansion Effect Unit "Wing of Light" - Announced!"
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2013/03...lusive-rg.html
I freaking knew it! XD At keast they aren't selling any "essential" kits in that online store as exclusives. So all in all I am cool with that.
I'm cool with it too, since I'm not that interested in RG Destiny . I'll just wait if they're gonna release RG Destiny Deactive or RG Destiny Heine color. Those are the ones I aim for . I don't want to pay a great deal of money just for two pieces of plastic. I better use that money to buy HG Destiny Heine complete with its yellow WoL :P.

Btw, nice pic Appel. Oh, and don't you want to take a pic of your Gundams while fighting others? It's good to show off the poseability of your models more ^_^.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:57   Link #29296
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...is-online.html

Yup.
I knew it from when they revealed RG Destiny. They didn't have the Wings pieces, so more than likely they would do online exclusive since online exclusive seems to be more and more common now.

I think it's going to be reusing the HG version but slightly tweaking it.

Quick question!

Where do you guys suggest that I go for buying GunPla models? I live in the US. I mean for "online exclusives" I think pretty much GG Infinite is the only/best place I can go. But what about regularly released MG's?

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-03-18 at 11:12.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 13:47   Link #29297
Skye629

Quote:
http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...is-online.html

Yup.
I knew it from when they revealed RG Destiny. They didn't have the Wings pieces, so more than likely they would do online exclusive since online exclusive seems to be more and more common now.

I think it's going to be reusing the HG version but slightly tweaking it.

Quick question!

Where do you guys suggest that I go for buying GunPla models? I live in the US. I mean for "online exclusives" I think pretty much GG Infinite is the only/best place I can go. But what about regularly released MG's?
Since you seem to like buying multiple MGs at once I would say Hobbywave

The flat shipping really help cut the shipping costs, especially for bigger packages
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 15:47   Link #29298
Appel

Quote:
I'm cool with it too, since I'm not that interested in RG Destiny . I'll just wait if they're gonna release RG Destiny Deactive or RG Destiny Heine color. Those are the ones I aim for . I don't want to pay a great deal of money just for two pieces of plastic. I better use that money to buy HG Destiny Heine complete with its yellow WoL :P.

Btw, nice pic Appel. Oh, and don't you want to take a pic of your Gundams while fighting others? It's good to show off the poseability of your models more ^_^.
I'm sure that they are gonna release an online exclusive variation of the Destiny as well. I could be wrong but I think so far the RG Rx-78-2 was the only RG that didn't have a variation of some sort.
The Zaku has Char's Zaku, the MK-II has the Titans version, the Zeta is gonna have the White Zeta and all RGs from SEED are available as PS deactive versions. The Aile Strike even has both a deactive version and the Strike Rouge!

As for photos, I kinda prefer to take those shots the way I actually display the kits on my shelf^^
Old 2013-03-18, 17:29   Link #29299
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Gundam fans! Let me see what your thoughts are on these series! Rate them from best to worst, ok?

- Gundam Wing (TV + Movie)
- Gundam 00 (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Age (TV)

These are the 4 entries. Rate them from best to worst in overall. Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny are lumped together as 1 for the sake of this discussion.

Go!
Old 2013-03-18, 17:41   Link #29300
Appel

Quote:
Gundam fans! Let me see what your thoughts are on these series! Rate them from best to worst, ok?

- Gundam Wing (TV + Movie)
- Gundam 00 (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Age (TV)

These are the 4 entries. Rate them from best to worst in overall. Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny are lumped together as 1 for the sake of this discussion.

Go!
What does that have to do with Gunpla? And why only those 4?
Anyway, except for OO all of those 4 suck. SEED had neat mecha design but that was about it.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy