AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 08:03   Link #1581
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Skane : how much does it cost for your copy?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:05   Link #1582
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Skane : how much does it cost for your copy?
Eh? You mean how much I paid for the game? It came free with the WoW annual pass. I might get the CE version IF I end up enjoying the end-game.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:41   Link #1583
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Hey guys, playing barbarian in act 2 whats the best stats for a weapon we should get? And whats the best lvl to face belial?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 10:15   Link #1584
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Hey guys, playing barbarian in act 2 whats the best stats for a weapon we should get? And whats the best lvl to face belial?
You will want these three modifiers on your weapon.

STR, VIT and +%Atk Spd.

You should be comfortable to face the boss once you have about a 1000hp. Having a DPS of about 150 would be nice too (200 if you want to be "comfortable"). It's possible to complete it with less DPS, but it will drag the fight on and create more possibilities for mistakes.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:18   Link #1585
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Depending on your build for Barbarian, but I would say Strength and Weapon Damage are what you should go for. If your build is like tanky then go for Vitality, Weapon Damage and armour. If your using a lot of Knockback spells get Lighting damage as it procs Knockback, and get Knockback chance. Hope this helps.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:21   Link #1586
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I should have read up on the Global Play before trying to add people to my friend list. Unfortunately, character and friend list doesn't transfer over across servers so it's going a pain to add people cross servers.

Anyone got suggestion to start an animesuki player list? Or should we just start a google document to do it?
Old 2012-05-16, 10:29   Link #1587
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Have you tried clicking on letter box mode? or changing your aspect ratio?
Yeah, neither help. Resolution can only be changed in Fullscreen mode, but once you return it to Windowed mode it remains a box that's taller than my widescreen TV, cutting off a large chunk on the bottom of it.

Also, had my first disconnection last night in single player. Due to it, I lost several items I had picked up between arriving inside the Cathedral and where the disconnection happened, and I now fear that something like that will happen when I pick up something really good.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:41   Link #1588
Skane
Anime Snark

Woo! Sold a rare for 15,725g!

Happy seller here.

Hehe.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:09   Link #1589
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You will want these three modifiers on your weapon.

STR, VIT and +%Atk Spd.

You should be comfortable to face the boss once you have about a 1000hp. Having a DPS of about 150 would be nice too (200 if you want to be "comfortable"). It's possible to complete it with less DPS, but it will drag the fight on and create more possibilities for mistakes.

Cheers.
I would also suggest towards end of Act2 an start of Act3 to start getting vampire rares off Auction House.
Good rares are going for extremely low price nowadays, I just got a pair of knuckles for my monk for dimes and nickles, with very healthy amount of DPS and vampire. Shot my survivability up quite a bit.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:12   Link #1590
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How exactly does the Auction House work?

So you sell and buy items for gold? Then where is the "real money" equation coming in? Buying fees?
Old 2012-05-16, 12:14   Link #1591
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How exactly does the Auction House work?

So you sell and buy it for gold? Then where is the "real money" equation coming in? Buying fees?
No, there's a separate real money Auction House that's not implimented yet till next week.
Right now they just have a regular Auction House, much like the one in WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
So Set equipment starts in Nightmare and up?

For gold I don't have any use for it yet. I havn't died yet on ACT 3 now got 120k. Just selling everything I don't need. Put some uniques on AH which gave me some big profit too.
I find it quite the opposite, it seems no amount of gold is enough.
There's TONS of goldsinks in the game, and I have been pouring all my gold into upgrading my crafters and stash, as well as buying off AH.

No need to hang on to gold more than I need.
I'm keeping up the crafters to my level, that way there won't be as much a grindfest when I get to those high-end craftables in the game.
I've always played Bliz game this way, I have max crafters for almost every profession in WoW too.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:25   Link #1592
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Well, I guess I could spend my gold on Blacksmithing and gem's. In WoW I have max professions, but still got 200k ahah

Real Money AH is up next week, will be intresting to see how well it goes.
Old 2012-05-16, 12:26   Link #1593
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, there's a separate real money Auction House that's not implimented yet till next week.
Right now they just have a regular Auction House, much like the one in WoW.

I find it quite the opposite, it seems no amount of gold is enough.
There's TONS of goldsinks in the game, and I have been pouring all my gold into upgrading my crafters and stash, as well as buying off AH.

No need to hang on to gold more than I need.
I'm keeping up the crafters to my level, that way there won't be as much a grindfest when I get to those high-end craftables in the game.
I've always played Bliz game this way, I have max crafters for almost every profession in WoW too.
Well my experiences with this kind of auction house is: 95% of the items would be sold for real money and the auction house economy using gold will go extinct. But they were free mmorpg. So hopefully things fare better here
Old 2012-05-16, 12:29   Link #1594
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Glad that i didn't bought the game. i played with guess pass. I thought that the game will only require a net connection but not , we are also playing in a server like a mmo wtf? i had like 300+ latency , can't really play the game and i don't count the disconnections... Gj blizz. It's an online Hack&Slash not an Hack&slash.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:35   Link #1595
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Glad that i didn't bought the game. i played with guess pass. I thought that the game will only require a net connection but not , we are also playing in a server like a mmo wtf? i had like 300+ latency , can't really play the game and i don't count the disconnections... Gj blizz. It's an online Hack&Slash not an Hack&slash.
I have 390+ latency, and there is no lag for my game =/. You better checking your PC again.
And I don't want to start the debate about persistent online connection requirement once again.

Quote:
Well my experiences with this kind of auction house is: 95% of the items would be sold for real money and the auction house economy using gold will go extinct. But they were free mmorpg. So hopefully things fare better here
If what they promised us is expected to be true, then there will be a huge gold sink in higher difficulty that will make the gold AH matters a lot.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:14   Link #1596
Nixl

What a fantastic week to have both my computers go fubar at the same time.

Then again, like most Blizzard releases the servers/online components are probably packed to capacity and getting online is like flipping a coin.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:19   Link #1597
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm planning to get the game this weekend, but not sure if my com can handle the game.

My com is Intel Quad Core 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, Windows XP, I played Skyrim and Saints Row 3 on low settings.

Would I be able to play the game at all or I would be wasting money?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:24   Link #1598
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Then again, like most Blizzard releases the servers/online components are probably packed to capacity and getting online is like flipping a coin.
This is the 2nd day, and so far I have no problem with the server, so I guess it's starting to stable now?
Old 2012-05-16, 13:27   Link #1599
Nixl

Sorry Duo, right now I am just trying to face the reality that I am Diablo...less till Friday at the latest.

T_T
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:37   Link #1600
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Eh? You mean how much I paid for the game? It came free with the WoW annual pass. I might get the CE version IF I end up enjoying the end-game.

Cheers.
I am short of cash and time to play now, though I am thinking of buying in 1-2weeks time if I can spare both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'm planning to get the game this weekend, but not sure if my com can handle the game.

My com is Intel Quad Core 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, Windows XP, I played Skyrim and Saints Row 3 on low settings.

Would I be able to play the game at all or I would be wasting money?
Your processor is no problem, though everything else is. Recommended is 4GB RAM and GTX 2xx series of cards, especially those released after '08. If you want I can lend you my dust-collecting GTX260 if you are short of cash, but you need to get 2GB RAM more for yourself.

If you want a new comp, PM me. I might be able to get an i5 with rates between $1000-1500.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler