AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 19 13.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 18.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 13.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.65%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-25, 13:19   Link #121
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
When Setsuna told Marina he was with CB, I think it was because he wanted to be taken seriously.

(Marina probably feels the same way some times...)

btw, I don't find it too unreasonable that Marina went looking out for Setsuna. She's the leader of her country, and also royalty, and even on a mission to try to help her country. It's not that surprising she looked out for someone she thought was from her own country. I don't think she realised exactly what Setsuna was doing (neither did that cop) - after all, she thought he might be sightseeing.
I think the meeting and the talk are both in-character for them. Remember Setsuna is the type that can stand out of cockpit during a fight for personal reasons, thus giving enemy the chance to easily take him down. Marina is the (titular) leader of the country that has destroyed his homeland, and now talk about peace negotiations and Celestial Being, so it's actually quite natural for Setsuna to reveal his identity. He just don't give much thought to the non-disclosure rule when his anger gets the better of himself.

For Marina, she's always portrayed as a nice, caring, and naive character, so helping out someone who she thought as a fellow countryman on a foreign land is quite natural for her too.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 13:24   Link #122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Oh wow. Gundam does swimsuit eps just like every anime out right now. And does it well.
That's because episode 6 to 8 (mostly 6 and 8 though and in that case mostly 8) almost always seem to be the swimsuit/hotsprings/bathtub/summer fun getaway episode. No matter what somebody is showing some skin it seems.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 17:21   Link #123
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
That's because episode 6 to 8 (mostly 6 and 8 though and in that case mostly 8) almost always seem to be the swimsuit/hotsprings/bathtub/summer fun getaway episode. No matter what somebody is showing some skin it seems.
Well, the only other swimsuit episode in Gundam that I can think of is Ep 16 of Gundam X. But I guess that has a 6 in it (and is 2x8)...

Do the V Gundam bikini-cannon-fodders count?
Old 2007-11-25, 18:22   Link #124
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Do the V Gundam bikini-cannon-fodders count?
Absolutely.
Old 2007-11-25, 20:20   Link #125
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
I think the meeting and the talk are both in-character for them. Remember Setsuna is the type that can stand out of cockpit during a fight for personal reasons, thus giving enemy the chance to easily take him down. Marina is the (titular) leader of the country that has destroyed his homeland, and now talk about peace negotiations and Celestial Being, so it's actually quite natural for Setsuna to reveal his identity. He just don't give much thought to the non-disclosure rule when his anger gets the better of himself.

For Marina, she's always portrayed as a nice, caring, and naive character, so helping out someone who she thought as a fellow countryman on a foreign land is quite natural for her too.
I think our views are pretty similar here... I agree it's in-character for both.

However, I have deliberately avoided using the word "naive" for Marina. She is nice, caring etc... but she also correctly guessed that Setsuna fought, even though he had to be a child at the time. A naive person would have just been confused and said things like "what do you mean?". Marina is 24 and certainly has a mature body, and I certainly don't think she's immature. However, I do think she lacks real world experience. She probably doesn't get out much and it seems unlikely she would have been raised expecting to take over ruling the country.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 20:29   Link #126
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Only if she starts stalking him and him declaring that he will "destroy her"

Though given the fact that things aren't going so well back at home I doubt she has time to go and chase Setsuna around.

No I think they are talking about how that "age difference" in which case she's still a teen. If she was 20 and he was 30 sure no problem but when it's under 18....

Sweet mother she doesn't even look 14...
Yea I originally though Felt was older than Christina, and it turns out that she's 8 years younger then her I just noticed that Marina is 8 years older than Setsuna, and yet i'm sure they're still gonna have some sorta romatic realtionship...Though people are usually more forgiving when it's more "Experienced woman" and a younger man (Aston Kutcher, Demi Moore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's where the term "Jail Bait" came from.
What does that term mean???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 20:40   Link #127
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

An okay episode.

The Setsuna-Maria meeting itself was cliche, but the details of the conversation shows what type of characters they are (which was excellent).

AEU's use of CB against the terrorists could be what Veda had calculated: Instead of the superpowers using force, have the CB do the dirty job!

The Jewel of this episode: Felt. How she was "close" with Haro......

Next episode:

Spoiler for Stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
What does that term mean???
A slang term for a sexually desirable younger person, usually female, who has not yet reached the age of consent.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:23   Link #128
neoeagle

Thank you Shinsen.Sub is out.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:46   Link #129
Kollunz

wow the gundams can turn invisible??
Kollunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:57   Link #130
4Tran

Wow. I'm stunned at how awful the writing is in this episode. Hopefully, they'll do a much better job in the next one.
Old 2007-11-25, 22:04   Link #131
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Yep it was one sloppy job.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:09   Link #132
DeotoxSlayer

I found it was pretty good, though it was rather annoying at times.

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2007-11-26 at 12:22.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:12   Link #133
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

^
Are you guys talking about the subs, or the actual Episode?
Old 2007-11-25, 22:17   Link #134
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I was talking about the episode.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:26   Link #135
4Tran

The episode itself is extremely poorly written - it's much worse in this regard than in any of the preceding ones. I can only imagine that the creators couldn't figure out any better way to set up a few of the story points, so they settled for this hack job.
Old 2007-11-25, 22:28   Link #136
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The episode itself is extremely poorly written - it's much worse in this regard than in any of the preceding ones. I can only imagine that the creators couldn't figure out any better way to set up a few of the story points, so they settled for this hack job.
To me, the only poorly written part of the cliche meeting.

Besides that, the rest was in line with everything we know so far.
Old 2007-11-25, 22:47   Link #137
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Yousuke Kuroda is the only one doing any writing in this show... I guess he was pressed for time or something. But then again, the man is known for his inconsistent writing.

I agree that the plot and dialogue was a bit forced in this ep though. Which is nothing new for the series in that respect.

Hope it does get better or Kuroda will turn into another Morosawa (though, at least to the best of my knowledge, Kuroda and Seiji Mizushima are not married).
Old 2007-11-25, 23:02   Link #138
U<3Anime
Boo!

Yea, honestly, this episode totally blew....

I was so looking forward for Setsuna's and Maria's first encounter, but it fell flat. I don't understand why Setsuna would reveal his identity as a CB. For what purpose? Is he like trying to threaten her and her country?( Seriously, Tiera would have probably shot him on the spot if he was nearby).

I guess it's a shame for me to say that the highlight for this episode is the fanservice and Fei. Her obsession with Haro is very cute :3
Old 2007-11-25, 23:25   Link #139
Traece
:cool:

I'm sure Setsuna F. Seiei had no real purpose for revealing that information to Maria.
He just did it because he can. Setsuna is a renegade by all standards. He's the new Heero. In a way, that encounter was the highlight of the episode. The bathing suits and lack of mercy were just added bonuses. I thought it was a good episode. Even though I knew what Setsuna would say to Maria I was still blown away by him actually doing it.
Old 2007-11-26, 01:15   Link #140
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Unlike last week watching the Raw really left alot to be desired...A pretty dialog based episode it seems...Was surprised to see how fast Setsuna's encounter with the princess was and how abruptly it ended...It seemed so planned out as opposed to the a coincidental circumstance many of us were thinking...Still not sure what the nature of their relationship is but Setsuna looked pretty pi$$ed and seemed to turn the tables on the whole age dynamic as he looked liked the stronger, older character in comparison...Wonder why Marina seemed so fragile around him, even falling out in tears IIRC?? But this ep will defiantly need a sub to be judged with any validity...Guess I can do that now since my jaw is about to fall off from seeing Shinsen actually dropping an ep faster than other guys for once...A day that will live in infamy indeed ...Hmm, I wonder how much it'll get ripped if it's subpar?