AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second season) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 27.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 8.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-10, 01:13   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well again I could say the same to every post which tells it is good.

Basically both sentences - "This anime is very good" and "This anime sucks" are the same, however you are trying to create double standarts by saying that negative opinion is bad and should be kept to the reader, I on the other hand can say the same thing about positive opinion, if you like it, keep liking but do not post on the forums how you like it... Silly, as the forums are based mostly on expressing ones opinion and sharing it with others, however you do not seem to realize that both positive and negative opinions are equal, thus have equal chances to be here.

Yes, it is annoying to here it called 'crap', when you like it so much, but on the other hand it might be annoying to hear it being called 'great' either.

If I like manga/novels why cannot I criticize the anime which is based on them? If the anime would have NOTHING to do with the series but the name (like True Tears) then yeah, it may be legitimate such suggestion, yet in ZnT case they are still having many things in common even if the anime turned out to be mostly a parody of the novels...
Old 2008-05-10, 10:16   Link #42
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well again I could say the same to every post which tells it is good.

Basically both sentences - "This anime is very good" and "This anime sucks" are the same, however you are trying to create double standarts by saying that negative opinion is bad and should be kept to the reader, I on the other hand can say the same thing about positive opinion, if you like it, keep liking but do not post on the forums how you like it... Silly, as the forums are based mostly on expressing ones opinion and sharing it with others, however you do not seem to realize that both positive and negative opinions are equal, thus have equal chances to be here.

Yes, it is annoying to here it called 'crap', when you like it so much, but on the other hand it might be annoying to hear it being called 'great' either.

If I like manga/novels why cannot I criticize the anime which is based on them? If the anime would have NOTHING to do with the series but the name (like True Tears) then yeah, it may be legitimate such suggestion, yet in ZnT case they are still having many things in common even if the anime turned out to be mostly a parody of the novels...
There is a huge difference between what your negative posts are doing and just objective opinions.... The only thing you might achieve is to stop the production of ZnT. That does no good to you at all but harm us, the ppl that actually enjoyed this anime and want to see more of it. What if someone says it is great? Just because someone likes what you didnt, that doesnt mean you have to prove that he is wrong and you are right.

What can you achieve with your meaningless negative posts? Just encouraging more negative posts till the production team decides to stop ZnT?

Im not saying this is the best anime ever but i still enjoyed it and hope for the next season.... i really dont care about how good the novel since im not going to read it anyways. If you liked it then good for you.
Old 2008-05-10, 13:46   Link #43
Darknemo2000

What I am asking you to give me a reason why positive posts are better than negative ones.

From logical perspective all I can see that both are equal as both are giving opinion.

You say that it may stop the production? The better for us, maybe some better studio will pick it up eventually, so you cannot say that the outcome has to be negative. One think it is bad, the other think it is good, so how can you say that one is necessarily bad and the other is necessarily good?

The fact is that you cannot. How is opinion "the anime is good" objective? How is your opinion objective. It is not, as it is just your opinion, just as mine is mine.

All that I am saying that my opinion has just as much right as yours even if it is the most negative of negative ones. Yes it has no objective value, but neither does yours. If you are saying me to stop posting my opinion because it is not objective then stop posting yours as well as it is not objective too.

And if you are saying that my posts are worser because it may make the studio drop the project..Again how can you tell if it is better or worse? Maybe it will turn out like Kannon great comeback if some better studio picks it up that actually pays attention to the original source. It is an open question and you cannot make such one-sided comments as yours.

What we are doing here is sharing our opinions..Have you ever seen ones opinion objective? Ever seen love or hatred objective? It doesn't happen as it is based on emotions and what feeling it gives you. It is always OUR opinions and OUR feelings about the show they simply cannot be objective, so don't rise this question here again, as simply none of opinions are objective.

And thats too bad that you don't read novels. You know books are fun, you should try them sometimes instead of watching films or anime. Sure, it is not classic like Goethe or Hugo, but hey, one hour with a book even if its not the best is usually worth of ten hours with films (there are some great films though, but they happen to be made rarely).
Old 2008-05-11, 23:32   Link #44
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Well... I haven't read the novel, so I can't compare it to anything. But from what I saw. It was enjoyable, even if many people say it isn't true to the novel.

I'm a little disappointed the the ending episode. It wasn't really funny anymore, I think Saito's breast gag was overplayed in this series. Especially at the ending.
Other than that, it was definately worth watching (=
Old 2008-05-12, 01:51   Link #45
Darknemo2000

radioIzzy, well again many people have different opinions. There even some who liked it despite reading novels too (though those are rather rare). Personally, I didn't like it because not that it isnt 100% true to novels (I think it is impossible) but because in my opinion second season is very silly with overdose of boob-jokes and poor (or rather rushed) story-line.

Mind you that first season wasn't following novels as well but I was pretty much OK with it as novels did not randomly changed characters personality (like in season II - Saito, Siesta) and though was more lighthearted than novels it still kept the solid enough storyline with some (barely visable) character development. In season II it doesn't happen, combined with a bad ending it really turns out one of the worst season for me personally.

Of course the frustration of knowing how good volume 8 was and that anime completely skipped it through (and no it is impossible to get back to it in season III) doesn't help either, however it is not the only reason I do not like it.

Some people think that this dislikeness comes only from the fact that anime does not follow novels but it is not true - it is mostly because anime is disappointing by itself.

And radioIzzy, ever thought of trying novels? It may look time consuming but it is very enjoyable so you might want to give it shot. Specially considering that it is free (once the licensed volumes will come out the first volumes will be taken out from Baka-tsuki site, so it is another reason why you could save it on your computer if not now then to read it someday in the future).
Old 2008-05-12, 19:57   Link #46
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Thanks for the insight.

I'm curious to how the novel is. It seems as though the novel is a lot beter, so I'll definately read it.
Thanks
Old 2009-06-13, 03:08   Link #47
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Season 2... I found it very good. Why. EPISODE 12 IS FREAKING SAD AND EMOTIONAL.

Well... that was, until the end where they screwed up everything.
Old 2009-06-13, 03:25   Link #48
Darknemo2000

The first half of the episode followed novels, the second half - specially the ending was anime original, and considering that the team that JC Staff gathered for ZnT season's 3 and 3 suck big time, you should expect anime original be a crap.
Old 2009-06-13, 03:27   Link #49
Terminator98
*Author

I know that.

Sad that J.C messed up everything up. ZnT has so much potential. Why do people always mess things up... If ever season 4 goes out, I want another studio to do it... BUt I fear that Rie and Saito's/Yuji's voice actors won't ber here... They are so essential in the anime.
Old 2009-06-13, 04:28   Link #50
Darknemo2000

If there is a loli tsundere Rie will be there.

And JC Staff did pretty good job with Toradora so they are not hopeless (though the screwed up Toradora ending in my opinion). It's just that for ZnT anime they gathered a really shitty team that seems to be incapable to do anything that would go beyond repetitive boob jokes.
Old 2009-06-13, 22:00   Link #51
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
If ever season 4 goes out, I want another studio to do it... BUt I fear that Rie and Saito's/Yuji's voice actors won't ber here... They are so essential in the anime.
As long as the same companies are behind the production, changing studios would probably bear similar results. Granted, the exact execution might differ (i.e. S1, 2, 3 were each executed differently despite following the same basic plan), but if the directive from the production committee remains the same, you can't expect a reinvention. This is the style of show that the producers wanted, and they derived three consecutive runs.

If a 4th season were to be greenlit, they'd probably request more of the same (and that includes the voice actors) no matter who helms the production.
Old 2009-06-13, 22:02   Link #52
Justin Kim
*Artist

It will probably be a very long time before season 4 starts at all. A very, very long time.
Old 2009-06-14, 01:34   Link #53
Darknemo2000

It's a bit sad - ZnT really had a potential to be really popular, with right director and the staff. If it would have been the same team as in season 1 we probably not have seen such crappy season's as season 2 and season 3.

There was a very big difference between season 1 and other two seasons if you ask me.

Oh well artwork and voicing is good, music is ok - at least that, even if everything else is an usual JC Staff crap.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:14   Link #54
Terminator98
*Author

100% agree...

I simply cannot understand why they changed so many things from the novels to the anime. I'm currently reading the novels, ( thanks for the link, it worked) and I find that season 1 would've even be better if they followed the script rigourously. (Especially when they go to Albion the 1st time, it's much more, sentimental and enthralling in the novels than in the anime, plus, the marriage ceremony portrays even better the feelings of Louise)

The music is superb thoughm, not OK I believe. Especially the one in the 2nd season. In the last episode, during the 1st half (wedding and Saito's death), I SAY YES ~ Wedding version and the other piano pieces were so... fitting, that I who watches sad anime so often, shed some tears.
Old 2009-06-14, 11:19   Link #55
Darknemo2000

Terminator98, if you think they changed a lot in season 1, be prepared for a real shocker when you'll see how different are season's 2 and 3 from the novels (specially the ending of season 2).

One of the main differences rises in how they choose to treat Saito/Louise relationship. In novels it is treated as sensual romance with a few comedic irks, but you can see that it can be pretty serious. Anime made it into a continuous S/M joke. Romance and development is practically gone replaced with some fanservice and repetitive jokes.
Old 2009-06-14, 13:09   Link #56
Terminator98
*Author

*Currently up to volume 4 of the light novels*

WTF.... WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE "MOMENTS" (hemm... special moments) IN THE ANIME...

*facepalms* Ok, I am so grateful that I am able to read the novel.

Hemm... Maybe we need to ask Gedeon to redo Zero No Tsukaima into 4 Movie curs like in Gundam SEED/DESTINY.... And re-edit them like in SnS movie...
Old 2009-06-14, 16:33   Link #57
Hubb

The more you read, the more wtf posts you'll want to make.
Old 2009-06-15, 11:38   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
The more you read, the more wtf posts you'll want to make.
Except you (all) can do it in a more appropriate thread than this one. (Like maybe the Novel Discussion thread.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It's a bit sad - ZnT really had a potential to be really popular, with right director and the staff. If it would have been the same team as in season 1 we probably not have seen such crappy season's as season 2 and season 3.
But it was really popular, with enough sales to justify the third season, and I don't see any reason to suspect future seasons won't happen at some point. (Even sales of the second and third seasons didn't suffer more than the a usual subsequent-season drop-off; it could hardly be seen as unpopular or as a sales failure.) So who knows... I think it was fine the way it was. And as rg4619 pointed out, it probably had nothing to do with J.C.Staff -- they just animated the show that the producers providing the money wanted them to make.
Old 2009-06-15, 11:52   Link #59
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
But it was really popular, with enough sales to justify the third season, and I don't see any reason to suspect future seasons won't happen at some point. (Even sales of the second and third seasons didn't suffer more than the a usual subsequent-season drop-off; it could hardly be seen as unpopular or as a sales failure.) So who knows... I think it was fine the way it was. And as rg4619 pointed out, it probably had nothing to do with J.C.Staff -- they just animated the show that the producers providing the money wanted them to make.
But still, it is sad... T__T
Anyways, fourth season seems possible only at a 30% chance for me...

Last edited by Terminator98; 2009-06-16 at 12:22.
Old 2009-06-15, 12:40   Link #60
Darknemo2000

relentlessflame, we already had this argument many times before - I am aware of the importance of companies behind the studios, but differently from you I believe that a good studio with a good team can pull a good result as companies cannot tell thing by thing, step by step how to animate things (or else studios would not need a bigger half of their workers).

So yeah while the direction is given the interpretation and presentation is still up to the Studio and the team that works. Even you yourself have to admit the difference between season 1 and season's 2 and 3. The first season never got that many complaints from novel readers even though it did not follow the novels all that well, but the presentation was satisfying.

It all came down to dust with season's 2 and 3 that are poorly executed turning ZnT into a string of S/M themed and repetitive boob jokes, so much that even the actual plotline becomes very hard to notice.

As for 4th season and my doubts... One reason that though sells are good enough they are still dropping and compared to such anime's like Shana where things looks better than for ZnT, ZnT may be pushed further and further into preference to be continued line.

This year we will not see ZnT and I am not so sure about next year either... Well, it's not like it would be a big loss if it would be dropped all together anyway.

Terminator98, the third season is already animated. We are talking about the 4th one.
Closed Thread