Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 22:29   Link #21
aikming

yeah. Two more episodes till finale.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:34   Link #22
mit7059

Still, no one seems to know will there be a second season or not? If not is there a place where i can get translated Suzuka manga?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:46   Link #23
Arnyer
Ferratus

The manga got licensed not long ago. It was being scanslated, but progress was pretty slow. Only 2 chapters made it out.
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:48   Link #24
mit7059

i have got to learn how to speak japanese, then i would never have this problem.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:10   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Definitely no second season for a while. There is just not enough manga for it. Whether there ever is one will depend on how the manga evolves from where it is now.

2. Honoka gets even better in the manga. She has a future that will be played out in future episodes of the manga, since something happened for her that is not in the anime.
Spoiler for Honoka in the manga after the end of the anime:
3. I think the people who are so frustrated and angry with Suzuka are just not thinking of things from her point of view. Try to put yourself in her shoes: the high-strung young rich-girl athlete with the dead lover and the new guy who is so much like him. Once I found out about her history, her apparently ridiculous behavior began to make more sense.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:30   Link #26
AnbuItachi

i love suzuka's behavior. it makes this anime so much more interesting! this is one of my favorite animes and i realllly hope there will be a season 2. realllllllllllllllly hopeeeee though i doubt it =_=, its one of those animes that i like more than the manga. sort of like fruits basket
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:02   Link #27
Arnyer
Ferratus

In reply to the Honoka spoiler...

Spoiler for Honoka:
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:21   Link #28
D_Street

Suzuka

Does anyone one watch Suzuka?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-19 at 02:26. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D_Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:23   Link #29
Calca
Expressionless

Suzuka Thread

Boy you post a post in the fansub section that should be in the GA section now you're posting a post in the GA section that should be in the fansub section.

You're really not making a good impression Sparky.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:37   Link #30
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Ep 23.

I wrote this in our "lost" forums......man 94 pages of comments gone! ...
Yamato was focusing purely on his athelitic ambitions while still getting peeved at Suzuka
for her callous behavior. The "holding on the back of the shirt" scene was very nicely done
..the ice queen is melting!

VC

p.s. Man, I'm so glad i save all those cool Manga shots displayed at the old forums!
If you guys want to see them posted again... let me know...I'll do 3 at a time until
I exhaust my supply
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:39   Link #31
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnyer
In reply to the Honoka spoiler...

Spoiler for Honoka:
Spoiler for Honoka:
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:43   Link #32
D_Street

After the 26th ep. is there going to be a send season. I have heard there is not to much of the manga left, but will this series become a closed project. I really like this anime and it is going to suck if there is not going to a second season. So anyways i think Suzuka likes Yamoto, but she is to scared to admit it. Also there is one scene in the anime where she say she would go out with him, but she plays it off as a joke. This is in ep. 15
D_Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:59   Link #33
aikming

Dont think there will be a season 2, at least for now. The whole 26 episodes cover from chapter 1 up to about/approximately/estimated chp 72. So to have another season of 26, it requires about 70 more chapters. The manga is running chapter 90 next week.

About Honoka, we certianly dont see anything about her and the photo shot aftermaths. The mangaka concentrates on yamato & suzuka relationship at the moment. There are some new stuff which is spoiler, so i wont cover here. Go to manga~suzuka thread if you want to know more about the manga.
Old 2005-12-19, 07:23   Link #34
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And Suzuka has good reason for her indecisiveness. If you understand her, you can't blame her.
Spoiler for why Suzuka is so indecisive about Yamato:
I definitely agree with your statements here.
In fact, I never judged Asahina badly, I just think that she's been too harsh with Yamato more than once, but it's an auto-defense more than an "attack" to Yamato himself. (the shirt scene is a clear example: she bashes him but then regrets and apologizes since she realizes she has actually exaggerated).

And I really liked how you depicted the situation in the last 2 lines of your spoiler-tagged post. That's the same as I see things myself, and that's also why I do like and respect Suzuka's person so much.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2005-12-19 at 07:43.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 09:08   Link #35
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
I finally got to watch episode 23 and it was a nice episode. I wasn't able to read the posts on it from the old thread, though, which is a shame.
fynefilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 09:57   Link #36
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
I finally got to watch episode 23 and it was a nice episode. I wasn't able to read the posts on it from the old thread, though, which is a shame.
Don't worry about that. You haven't lost much, speaking of it.
When the forum went down, the fansubbed episode 23 wasn't out yet, so there were just some "spoiler-tagged" opinions.
Nothing if compared to huge discussions on previous eps
Old 2005-12-19, 12:33   Link #37
DryFire
Panda Herder

I don't know if someone post this before, but does Suzuka have enough popularity in Japan to warrent a second season assuming enough manga is published?

Anyway I"m pretty sad one of my favorite series will be ending soon.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:08   Link #38
am1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFire

Me too
Is suzuka a popular anime ?
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 15:43   Link #39
gameoffreak8

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1n
Me too
Is suzuka a popular anime ?
Yes. Suzuka is a popular anime and Suzuka is my best favorite anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFire
I argee with you
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:02   Link #40
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
I definitely agree with your statements here.
In fact, I never judged Asahina badly, I just think that she's been too harsh with Yamato more than once, but it's an auto-defense more than an "attack" to Yamato himself. (the shirt scene is a clear example: she bashes him but then regrets and apologizes since she realizes she has actually exaggerated).

And I really liked how you depicted the situation in the last 2 lines of your spoiler-tagged post. That's the same as I see things myself, and that's also why I do like and respect Suzuka's person so much.
But there are moments in the series that make you go: 'ugh'. Yamato's actions are indecisive at times and Suzuka can get bitchy. Probably one of the best moments in episode 23 was Yamato finally fending for himself after taking so many spiteful comments from Asahina. I could see the fire in his eyes, oh yes.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen