Notices

Old 2003-12-19, 10:27   Link #1
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Do you watch american tv shows?

For those who dont live in the USA,
Do you download american Tv shows?
I say this, because one of you say they didnt get the show "the simple life"

IM pretty sure you have all the syndicated ones like "the simpsons", "friends" and maybe "everybody loves raymond".

but you probally dont know anything about the new shows that havent ran 100 episodes yet (when a series runs a 100 episodes, it can become syndicated, this usally happens in 5 years.)

do these tv shows fall under the same "downloading leagal catagorey" as downloading fansubs?
cuz right now im checking out some english bbc documentary that i would have never seen in my life if someone else didnt tell me about it.

anyways, if you want to check out some american tv shows, here a short list of whats popular and kinda new here:
(these are all network shows, cuz maybe cable shows are illeagal to share cuz you have to pay to see them in the first place, i guess...)

CSI-Crime scene investigators, its a drama type show about solving crimes and such, and people think its sooooo good, that they already made 2 spin off shows (csi:miami, navy:ncis) and its only been on the air for like 2 or 3 seasons!

the simple life- a reality tv show about two rich party girls, paris hilton(daugther to the guy who owns all the hilton hotels) and nichole richie (daugther of singer lionel richie) go to a hillbilly town in arkansa and try to "rough it". this show is really funny.

barnie mac show- the comdian bernie mac has his own sitcom about raiseing his crackhead sister's kids, hilarity insues!

malcom in the middle - "a live action simpsons" when they simpsons were funny 5 seasons ago.

fear factor- "reality game show" that shows people eating horse rectum for a chance to at 50,000 and losing thier dignity
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 10:33   Link #2
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Another show I'd recommend is the Dave Chappelle show. He's a black comedian who creates comedy sketches (like Saturday Night Live) but he doesn't care about who he makes fun of (especially black people). He's broken tons of taboos already doing his sketches and he's downright funny as hell. Check him out if you got the time.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 10:39   Link #3
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
CSI-Crime scene investigators, its a drama type show about solving crimes and such, and people think its sooooo good, that they already made 2 spin off shows (csi:miami, navy:ncis) and its only been on the air for like 2 or 3 seasons!
CSI airs here too, and I personally think its really good. The spin-off (CSI:Miami) is a little weaker, but nothing can race with Grissom or however you spell his name.

Interesing while it was CSI, it had something innovative in the "guy kills guy, detective find guy and the police arrest him" scenario.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 11:20   Link #4
eLLuSioNiST

i like Comedy "Just shoot me, Will & Grace, 70's Show, etc."

Action: Smallville, Angel, Tarzan, etc.

A must watch Tv show for me "Conan O'brian" lol
eLLuSioNiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 11:25   Link #5
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

... does cartoon network stuff count? aisde from that, i watch Friends and some reality shows, there are just too much commercials in between, which is why i hate TV, last time i tried to watch a movie, it endedup runing close to fours hours. i ended up tearing half of my head bold anyhow, i can't stand commercials, so i end up not using my TV much.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 12:53   Link #6
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

well, over here, in holland we do actually have some of the shows you mentioned:

CSI - my sister watches it

the simple life- I've read something about some companay wanting to broadcast it here too, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. I've heard enough about it though

barnie mac show- never heard of

malcom in the middle - It's already being broadcasted here for like... 3 years or so

fear factor- will you beleive me if I told you we even got our dutch version of it
I like the american version better though, the dutch version... is just... not extreme enough

Oh, was "24" american? I really loved that one
Stofzuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:03   Link #7
Elysium
できるから。。。

Send a message via AIM to Elysium
I watch Good Eats with Alton Brown. Anyone who laughs has never tasted my muffins yet. :P

Yes, innuendo intended.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:24   Link #8
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

I watch a few american tv shows...
ive seen quite a few eps of malcolm in the middle (great show!)
i like That 70s show ^_^
and for fear factor...well i just skimmed past it a couple of times ^_^
o yeah ive never watched it much myself but Will and Grace is quite popular over here
O yeah i LOVE charmed!!!!!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:29   Link #9
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

That 70's show is GREAT! and I love Malcom in the middle, those are two of my favorite comedy shows. CSI and CSI: Miami are also quite good
Dark_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:59   Link #10
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stofzuiger
Oh, was "24" american? I really loved that one
Yeah, it's American. Great show. That, and Smallville are the only shows I watch regularly. (Ok, I watch Alias sometimes too.)

BTW - Do you guys get Samurai Jack?
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 14:34   Link #11
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Yeah, it's American. Great show. That, and Smallville are the only shows I watch regularly. (Ok, I watch Alias sometimes too.)

BTW - Do you guys get Samurai Jack?
yeah we get samurai jack over here in England, my friends like it alot but ive never watched it >_<
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 15:59   Link #12
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

MXC (the gaijin version) its really funny because of the crappy dubbing .
Kawaii_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 16:18   Link #13
wnkryo
HainShodan

Some american shows to stay away from:

-Jerry Springer

-Fox news

-Channel 9
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 17:20   Link #14
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

CSI and CSI:Miami are just the greatest drama TV shows. I also like some other comedy shows.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 17:23   Link #15
Masuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Some american shows to stay away from:

-Jerry Springer

-Fox news

-Channel 9
LOL....Jerry Springer is the definition of shit.Same old crap with eitheir fat whores or cheap slutty lesbians,with the ocassional incest.
Masuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 17:36   Link #16
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I haven't watched American TV regularly since I was in roughly 4th grade.

The last time I can remember watching a show on the major networks (i.e., not Cartoon Network, C-SPAN, or the History Channel, which I watch sporadically) really was when the war started in Iraq; I watched the news for a bit. It was totally perverse and stupid. It was apparently aimed towards someone with an IQ below 80. It's revealing that some of our recent most popular shows have been about topics already considered shallow in anime such as a guy hounded by girls, a bunch of ordinary people who want to sing, etc.

And some other, slightly less recent shows, are quite simply revolting, idiotic, and putrid, like John Edward, The X-Files, Survivor, Friends... I don't know how any of that crud ever managed to be broadcast. I fully expect a future reality show where a bunch of sex-obsessed yuppies pretend to speak to the dead on a deserted island.

It isn't a national thing-- I don't watch J-dramas either. I just find that television insults my intelligence.
Old 2003-12-19, 18:08   Link #17
Killeemegee
Slave The Revolution

Send a message via AIM to Killeemegee Send a message via Yahoo to Killeemegee
I think we've got most of what you mentioned except "the simple life".

I really like the HBO shows, especially Six Feet Under.
Killeemegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 18:36   Link #18
Archuka
A territory most absolute

We have CSI, CSI: Miami and Fear Factor on Finnish TV. CSI is just bleh (boring) and FF is just ok.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 22:56   Link #19
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

I don't usually care for most TV programs (especially sitcoms), but I am a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's one of the few live-action series that I actually enjoy the character interaction. Season 4 was horrible though...
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 23:49   Link #20
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Nah, usually none. I rather stick to my com and anime desu!
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote