AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 04:31   Link #2241
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks. There are some other conventions here already close by, not just Cosmania. I'll make a report on those if I could attend.

And I've given Anjeline a link to your comment.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 04:44   Link #2242
HasuMasu
*Artist

I never seem to attend on the same day as this Anjeline person; she's cute.

The Yui she did a while back was particularly good.
Old 2013-09-24, 04:53   Link #2243
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
@Palsa-san

Glad you liked them. Hmm, I checked with Internet Explorer and Firefox.. the thumbnails show up just fine. What browser are you using?
Firefox, I've reloaded it since then, so their showing up now.

Last edited by Palsa-San; 2013-09-24 at 22:20.
Palsa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 05:08   Link #2244
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Thanks. There are some other conventions here already close by, not just Cosmania. I'll make a report on those if I could attend.

And I've given Anjeline a link to your comment.
Next please introduce her to me...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 05:13   Link #2245
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why don't you guys come down to AFA so we can meet up with each other.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 05:19   Link #2246
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Only managed to snap up 6 pic of cosplayer during my time in AFA ID 2013.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh, Masuzu, i dont forget to snap your fave cosplayer...
Old 2013-09-24, 05:27   Link #2247
HasuMasu
*Artist

Eh? Eh? So you have a picture of her? Of her pantsu!?
Old 2013-09-24, 05:28   Link #2248
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yesh, part of her she can be seen on one of the 6 pic above...
*runs
Old 2013-09-24, 05:33   Link #2249
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hmm~ so she wore that again; well, I suspected that was her.

I knew it; so, you were looking up Rikka's pantsu again.
Old 2013-09-24, 05:35   Link #2250
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Masuzu

Anjeline attended both days of BoA. But she can't wander too far away from the Dragon Nest Booth, because she works for them.

@Palsa-san

Ok, glad it's working for you now. If there's anything else that doesn't show up, please leave me a visitor message.

@Azuma Denton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Next please introduce her to me...
She already knows about you. Told her that you're the person from Indonesia who's a fan of Erika.

And one more news for you. Erika told me a few days ago that she might be visiting Singapore soon.
Old 2013-09-24, 05:36   Link #2251
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Masuzu
She only goes to AFA ID for 2 days...
The day 2 she wore Origami Battle Suit. But after that she complained that her props all got damaged because the venue really pack. So she revert to her previous custome (a certain potato girl) on day 3...

@Liddo-kun
Oh for AFA SG??
Old 2013-09-24, 05:43   Link #2252
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikka's Pantsu
So she revert to her previous custome (a certain potato girl) on day 3...
Really though, isn't it bread that she brings around for that?

But well it's not like I was particularly looking or anything. *hmph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun
She attended both days of BoA. But she can't walk far from the Dragon Nest Booth, because she works for them.
Hmm~ I see well that's why I didn't see her.

I don't really go near the game stalls.
Old 2013-09-24, 05:48   Link #2253
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Azuma

Referring to the cosplay pics that you posted. Those Magi: The Labrinth Cosplayers are good.

Yes. Erika-chan has plans to attend AFA Singapore. Though she's not sure yet.

And to keep on topic with the thread. Here's one more pic of Anjeline fom BoA 2013 that I haven't posted yet.

Old 2013-09-24, 22:26   Link #2254
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Azuma Denton, nice group of cosplays, great work.

And Liddo-kun, awesome, Anjeline's cosplays are always impressive.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:59   Link #2255
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Thanks.
There are so many good cosplayer at AFA ID, but since I have to tend to my booth, I cant move around so much.

The next event in Jakarta will be Hot Event on 2-3rd November.
I will be sneaking around taking pic of cosplayer there.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:24   Link #2256
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thank you for the con report for Best of Anime 2013, Liddo-kun. As always, you provide plenty of good pics (especially of cosplayers), and provide plenty of written details. You said you saw a J-Pop group called Starmarie and said something about them being the first idol group you've seen? What do you mean? You've seen other J-Pop groups at cons but this is the first major one you've seen?

Also, what is Mogu Mogu? And what variety of Pocky did you see? I've only had regular Pocky and Pocky for Men (green box with dark chocolate on the biscuit sticks) and a Pocky knock-off brand with blueberry coating (it was very good, as was the Pocky I've had).

Also, what kind of anime clocks did you see? You said you plan to buy one some day. Are they a bit pricey for an item you see at an anime con?
Old 2013-10-03, 07:25   Link #2257
HasuMasu
*Artist

The Pocky there was of the Milk and Choco-Banana Type.
Old 2013-10-04, 10:45   Link #2258
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Thank you for the con report for Best of Anime 2013, Liddo-kun. As always, you provide plenty of good pics (especially of cosplayers), and provide plenty of written details. You said you saw a J-Pop group called Starmarie and said something about them being the first idol group you've seen? What do you mean? You've seen other J-Pop groups at cons but this is the first major one you've seen?
You're welcome. ",)

Sorry, I forgot to clarify. They're the first japanese group that I've seen live on stage. Have always watched live bands and dance groups on previous cons, but they're not japanese.

Quote:
Also, what is Mogu Mogu? And what variety of Pocky did you see? I've only had regular Pocky and Pocky for Men (green box with dark chocolate on the biscuit sticks) and a Pocky knock-off brand with blueberry coating (it was very good, as was the Pocky I've had).
Mogu Mogu is a sort of health drink in different flavors. The special ingredient are these tiny bits of nata de coco mixed with the drink. I like drinking this everytime at cons - tastes good.

Quote:
Also, what kind of anime clocks did you see? You said you plan to buy one some day. Are they a bit pricey for an item you see at an anime con?
Anime clock designs I've seen are all from Shingeki no Kyoujin. However, there's a sign at that store that they can make an anime clock custom themed with your favorite anime.

Anyway, I'd like to take this chance to say that there will be at least two anime cons happening over here this October.

First one is Cosmania 2013 on Oct 5-6.

Images

And the other one is Octo-Con 2 happening on Oct 20. This convention has taiwanese cosplayer Neneko as special guest.

Images

Will attend both of them and share the pics here on this thread.
Old 2013-10-04, 18:42   Link #2259
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Will attend both of them and share the pics here on this thread.
Awesome, looking forward to it. ^_^
Old 2013-10-12, 09:51   Link #2260
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Cosmania 2013

This large anime convention is held at SMX Convention Center, just a few weeks after BoA 2013. We arrived there at about 2 pm, and went home at a little past 6 pm in the evening.

Well then, without further delay here are the pics:

First cosplayer that we met is a Crystal Maiden cosplay by Marrey. She's a friendly cosplayer that I saw at Function Room 3 (also called the Free Hall area).

Function Room 3 is the place where you buy tickets. Bought full access pass tickets, so that we would be able to enter up to Function Room 5. FR5 is where the foreign guests would make their appearance.

Went inside Function Room 4

Karen told me that she wanted to take a souvenir pic with this armored guy.

Next we met a Madoka cosplayer.

The Glam Shoppe

Exploring a little more. We met two Inu x Boku cosplayers near the entrance of Function Room 5.

Chie-chan as Karuta Roromiya and Maeri cosplaying as Ririchiyo. We sort of had to take a pic extra fast because Reika's performance is already starting.

Entered Function Room 5

Reika is already dancing on stage when we entered. After the performance she answered several questions from fans, most of them are questions about cosplaying.

She likes shrimp and mangoes

Before leaving, the fangirls who screamed the most were rewarded with a souvenir pic. Yeah, I'm not kidding. People on stage identified those in the audience who were screaming right from the start. @_@

After Reika left, we decided to stay a bit more inside Function Room 5.

It's a bit dark inside FR5, but maids are still easy to find.. Chi and her bear.

Cosplayers from Singapore. Jesuke, Viospace, Vic, and Starpolaris Reiko. All were cosplaying as characters from Shingeki no Kyoujin.

. .

Went out of FR5, and back to FR4

They have some cute souvenirs over at Japanlover.me. The girl in black shirt and "Kyaa" necklace is the owner of this booth.

. . .

KAWAII PH is nearby and also sells cute items for use as souvenirs.

. . .

Kaye, the friendly booth girl at Kawaii ph. She's cosplaying as Princess Peach from Mario. Remember that old video game? ",)

. .

Misaki Mei cosplay by Jamela, CC cosplay by Lyzza

Magical Doremi cosplay by Ish and Rika.

. . .

Snow, she told me that she's another one of the random maids that I've met. Well, more maids is always a good thing.

"Jake the dog" items at Glam Shoppe caught my attention. :3

Time for our short pockey break.

Kobato cosplayer, found her near the pockey area.

Cosplayers at the Dragon Nest Booth. Their booth is near the exit of Function Room 4.

Went out of FR4, and back to the hallway. We then proceeded to walk towards the entrance of FR3.

Inside FR3 again

Found a large group of One Piece cosplayers near the entrance.

Back to the hallway.

It's now about past 3 in the afternoon. My cellphone is receiving text messages from at least 4 people. How to find 4 people in a convention so crowded you can barely move? Easy, just stay in one place where they are most likely to pass by - which is the entrance of FR3. Ok, while waiting I'd take a pic of a cosplayer every now and then.

ApplePaddle doing a maid cosplay from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. She's cute. ",)

. . .

Shana cosplay by Raine.

Love Live School Idol Project cosplay by Sonoda Koharu as Honoka, and Taiki Kun as Nico. Koharu-chan is someone that I've met from a previous convention. Glad that she remembered me. I'm often unable to recognize certain cosplayers when they wear a different wig / costume. Koharu-chan works at Devangelic, one of the leading cosplay stores here in the Philippines.

Female Luffie cosplay by Yna

. .

My companions Karen and Michelle. We just sat for awhile near the FR3 entrance. Believe me, it takes some effort just to move around. Convention is so crowded.

Ayu cosplaying as Chocolat from Ore no Nounai. She's the girl in the middle. Hmm, Ore no Nounai sounds like an interesting anime, it's the first time I've heard about it.

Aya Shameimaru cosplay by Mica.

Mary Grace is doing a costrip, and her companion is cosplaying Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Got Chii-chan's item from them.

Han cosplaying as Utena, and her sister Mumu Ramos cosplaying as Noel Vermillion from Blaz Blue. Mumu is someone that I know. First met her at a Cosplay Market event last January, she's one of the staff there.

Shirakiin Ririchiyo cosplay by Yvonne Caryl

. .

Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay by Audrey

Shai cosplaying a character from SnK. Bought a kuma hat from her.

Dei Jin cosplaying as Taiwan from Hetalia. I'm starting to get used taking shots near the door.

Group of Toradora cosplayers. Also met them near the doorway. They said that they're just beginners, and that this is their first shoot.

Uenzi is the Taiga cosplayer, and she seems to be the leader of this cosplay group.

My friend April, wearing her blue lolita dress, and a panda bag to match it. We had a short talk about some things before she left. ",)

. .

Time is almost 6 pm in the evening, so we decided to go in for one last walk inside Function Room 4.

Inside FR4

Saw one more palmtop tiger near the entrance.

Meet the box.

Hello Japan. The ring throwing game looks fun.

. . .

Game area

Koi and Kit, saw them while I was ordering takoyaki at Octo Boy.

Yuni cosplaying as cute maid. Plenty of cosplayers in the food area, looks like many people are hungry at this time of the day. :3

Guilty Crown cosplay by Stefani

Saw another friend as we were headed for the exit. Hiruma cosplaying a schoolgirl from Special A.

And I thought that the day is over, but not yet. Saw another friend as I was about to go out the door. Leny Ming cosplaying as Sonia from Kill Me Baby. This time she's working as a booth girl for Greattoysonline. A very active person in the cosplay community. She's the only cosplayer I know who's always doing some kind of work at conventions.. booth girl at Shuffle Mag, maid at Ozine Cafe, etc. ",)

. . .

First floor of SMX Convention Center

And for the final pic for the day. We saw a group of superheroes on the first floor.

Sadly, it's now time to go home. Had fun despite the difficulty in moving in this packed event. Goodbye Cosmania 2013, and hoping to attend Cosmania 2014. ",)

Pics taken after getting home:

Cosmania fliers and the kuma hat

Some free stuffs from Japanlover booth

Choco crinkles from Karen, and ribbon from Chii-chan (she's not able to attend the con, it's her sister Mary Grace who gave it to me). Already ate the choco, but obviously I can't use the ribbon - just going to keep it as a souvenir.

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading. Next report will be about Octo Con 2.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-10-17 at 17:55.

Tags
cosplay, photo