AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-05, 07:35   Link #2361
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I don't know what you all care so much about the food
It can go ->Boooom<- at anytime or at least go up in flames
That would be a bigger problem

And the youtube question is not easy to answer because you have to consider what you are watching and how many vids you have opened and there are some more issues .... so if you do not have a flatrate, you should not visit youtube hehehehehe

But you could get yourself a bandwith tool that shows you how much the overhead really is.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 12:07   Link #2362
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Does someone perhaps know, where i could get a Vista style for Windows XP 64 bit? I found a good one but that doesnt work with 64 bit..

Thanks a lot.

PS: I already googeled. Thats why im asking here.

Are you sure you are using the right program . ( The name is Style XP, not XP Styler )

Anyway, to apply the Vista '' themes '', you need to use '' Visual Styles '' instead of '' Themes '' in the program, and apply it through that.

Try this style, it's the one on my computer so atleast it works on me. I'm not sure but I think you can apply it just with the .mss file in the package, if not, put the folder onto C\Windows\Resources\Themes and it should show up on Visual Styles automatically on StyleXP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/18007823...ction.rar.html
Old 2009-01-05, 13:46   Link #2363
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi View Post
Are you sure you are using the right program . ( The name is Style XP, not XP Styler )

Anyway, to apply the Vista '' themes '', you need to use '' Visual Styles '' instead of '' Themes '' in the program, and apply it through that.

Try this style, it's the one on my computer so atleast it works on me. I'm not sure but I think you can apply it just with the .mss file in the package, if not, put the folder onto C\Windows\Resources\Themes and it should show up on Visual Styles automatically on StyleXP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/18007823...ction.rar.html

Hm.

Spoiler for Error Picture:

Spoiler for Info Picture:

Strange..

Eto... just to make sure, we dont missunderstand. Is this prozess and tool compatibel with XP 64 bit SP2?

Do you have experience with it?

Thanks a lot for your help, Lualdi.

----

EDIT: Ok, mangalowres mentioned to me to check my build version. It is 3790.

Last edited by Solafighter; 2009-01-05 at 14:49.
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 21:04   Link #2364
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Are you saying that he sprayed the inside of the microwave oven (inside, as in the cooking compartment) or did he just spray the outside cover?

I find it hard to believe he sprayed the inside so I would assume it was the outside. If so then there is no real issue health wise. Yes, there will be a paint smell for a while but as long as it wasn't some sort of lead based paint (which I suspect has been banned for a long time) then there shouldn't be a problem with the food if it's been 3 or 4 days since it was painted.
Actually... xris he sprayed the inside. That's why i'm concerned. I'm really sorry I didn't point that out before.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 21:22   Link #2365
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Actually... xris he sprayed the inside. That's why i'm concerned. I'm really sorry I didn't point that out before.
I wouldn't use that microwave anymore. If the smell amplifies when the microwave is used then it's possible that the paint itself is heating up. There are probably parts of the inside of the microwave that could be painted safely, but it sounds like a part either covering or hit by the microwave "rays" was painted over. I don't know that there's any risk with regard to food contamination, but it probably isn't healthy to breathe those fumes, and there's a risk of fire.
Old 2009-01-06, 04:53   Link #2366
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
You should be concerned, I would strongly suggest you convince your Dad to thrash the microwave. You many need find a person (around the same age of your father) and get them to point out the error of painting the inside of the unit (on the basis that Dads never listen to their offspring because they think they know better ).

There are a number of issues with paint inside the unit, health and safety wise. Every time the unit pumps outs microwaves the paint will absorb some of them and can release chemicals into the cooking food. It might cause the paint (over time) to flake and dust which can also settle into the food. It is even possible that the paint will ignite (or at least small pockets could burst or ignite). It will also mean not all the microwaves are used to heat the food (resulting in undercooked food).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:37   Link #2367
Dist

Maybe that's the problem then Solafighter, but I can't say for sure since i don't have 64 bit myself.

Where did you download Style XP from ? Cause at http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.php there's '' 64Bit Style XP '', but I'm not exactly sure what is that 64 bit referring to. Try it yourself if you didn't yet.
Old 2009-01-06, 07:00   Link #2368
Solafighter
Hige

I did install the patch, i didnt have but still no sucsess.
Old 2009-01-06, 07:05   Link #2369
Dist

Actually.. there is another way to apply this Visual Style without any kind of programs. Let me find that info for you.. I'll post it in a few.
Old 2009-01-06, 08:41   Link #2370
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Actually.. there is another way to apply this Visual Style without any kind of programs. Let me find that info for you.. I'll post it in a few.
Thank you very much.
Old 2009-01-06, 09:01   Link #2371
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That would be UXtheme, it patches a windows file so you can use un-signed custom visual styles(themes). Though it can't do as much as WindowsBlind. I still use Uxtheme on my XP notebook. But things like Vista aero isn't possible with a UXtheme and a Vista theme alone. It requires Windowsblind/Style XP if you want Vista with Aero.

I would advise you to be careful when patching the window file. Make a backup/system restore point before you do. Sometimes the program messes it up.

Though i would just recommend you to upgrade to Vista. It's not as bad as people make it sound. One thing is for sure, i wouldn't wanna go back to XP anymore.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 09:26   Link #2372
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
That would be UXtheme, it patches a windows file so you can use un-signed custom visual styles(themes). Though it can't do as much as WindowsBlind. I still use Uxtheme on my XP notebook. But things like Vista aero isn't possible with a UXtheme and a Vista theme alone. It requires Windowsblind/Style XP if you want Vista with Aero.

I would advise you to be careful when patching the window file. Make a backup/system restore point before you do. Sometimes the program messes it up.

Though i would just recommend you to upgrade to Vista. It's not as bad as people make it sound. One thing is for sure, i wouldn't wanna go back to XP anymore.
True, but remember that Vista doesn't come very cheap, and Home Basic doesn't even give you Aero. FYI, I use a commercial license Vista Ultimate, but a non-commercial version of Office '07.
Old 2009-01-06, 09:41   Link #2373
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
True, but remember that Vista doesn't come very cheap, and Home Basic doesn't even give you Aero. FYI, I use a commercial license Vista Ultimate, but a non-commercial version of Office '07.
Reminds me of a dutch saying: "voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rij zitten"

Translated would be:
Sitting at front row for a penny.

We all want it, but i'm sure we all know the world doesn't work that way. And Home Premium is enough for your average user. No need to get Ultimate or anything. It cost around €100, but heck, it's not something you upgrade all the time, €100 for something you use 2-3 years or even more isn't that expensive.

I'm using Home Premium, i got license from my work btw But i'm seriously considering buying Windows 7 when it comes.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 09:44   Link #2374
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Reminds me of a dutch saying: "voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rij zitten"

Translated would be:
Sitting at front row for a penny.

We all want it, but i'm sure we all know the world doesn't work that way. And Home Premium is enough for your average user. No need to get Ultimate or anything. It cost around €100, but heck, it's not something you upgrade all the time, €100 for something you use 2-3 years or even more isn't that expensive.

I'm using Home Premium, i got license from my work btw But i'm seriously considering buying Windows 7 when it comes.
My Ultimate was free [some nice guy donated the copy to us] but I bought the Office on my own.
Old 2009-01-06, 10:52   Link #2375
Solafighter
Hige

Mh the thing is, i tried it with Utxtheme but no effect.

I think i will post a new theard in the Tech Support categorie.

----

EDIT: Vista Style on XP 64 bit post in Tech Support forum.
Old 2009-01-06, 14:05   Link #2376
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I was wondering about this, there are people in my msn messenger list that have like [b] tags and [c=4] tags in their msn name, so the question in my mind that popped up was why?! cause msn messenger doesn't show that effect it just leaves it there as letters, so I was wondering for what reason/program they placed there
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 15:57   Link #2377
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I was wondering about this, there are people in my msn messenger list that have like [b] tags and [c=4] tags in their msn name, so the question in my mind that popped up was why?! cause msn messenger doesn't show that effect it just leaves it there as letters, so I was wondering for what reason/program they placed there
There are a lot of other messengers which you can use even for the msn and maybe they use those alternative messengers... like me Miranda IM for ever.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:58   Link #2378
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I once watched this conspiracy movie on google about maybe 6months to maybe a year ago. There were 3 main topic to this move, one which i cannot remember.

1. Was the rise and conspiracy of the prominent religion at the moment which is Christianity and Jesus Christ. Also it covered information about other past figures of about the social status that equal to that of the figure we called "higher beings & God."
2. Was the conspiracy of the 9/11 events
3. I cannot remember.

Would anyone remember what movie this was called?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:43   Link #2379
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I once watched this conspiracy movie on google about maybe 6months to maybe a year ago. There were 3 main topic to this move, one which i cannot remember.

1. Was the rise and conspiracy of the prominent religion at the moment which is Christianity and Jesus Christ. Also it covered information about other past figures of about the social status that equal to that of the figure we called "higher beings & God."
2. Was the conspiracy of the 9/11 events
3. I cannot remember.

Would anyone remember what movie this was called?
Ive never seen it, but try looking at Zeitgeist and see if thats the one.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:54   Link #2380
Echoes

Yes, that is indeed Zeitgeist. The third topic was the federal reserve, if I recall correctly.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious