AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-16, 08:01   Link #341
antjluc

Did anyone find it weird when Madara/Tobi said that Madara and Hashirama were the first two of the six paths and Nagato was the third...So who is the other Six?
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 08:06   Link #342
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
Did anyone find it weird when Madara/Tobi said that Madara and Hashirama were the first two of the six paths and Nagato was the third...So who is the other Six?
The other three you mean? Well, I would've said Naruto is one of them, being an Uzumaki. It wouldn't surprise me if his trademark abundance of chakra is part of what makes the six paths. However, there is already Nagato for that so I'm not sure. Another thing that comes to mind certainly involves the Byakugan. The reason I say that is because I'm looking at Tobi's mask and it has three holes. I would've thought they would all be for three eyes. We know of three Doujutsu's so far: The Sharingan, The Byakugan and The Rinnegan. The only one Tobi is missing is the Byakugan. I wouldn't be surprised that in a very short while, the Hyuuga clan will become important again.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 08:20   Link #343
antjluc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
The other three you mean? Well, I would've said Naruto is one of them, being an Uzumaki. It wouldn't surprise me if his trademark abundance of chakra is part of what makes the six paths. However, there is already Nagato for that so I'm not sure. Another thing that comes to mind certainly involves the Byakugan. The reason I say that is because I'm looking at Tobi's mask and it has three holes. I would've thought they would all be for three eyes. We know of three Doujutsu's so far: The Sharingan, The Byakugan and The Rinnegan. The only one Tobi is missing is the Byakugan. I wouldn't be surprised that in a very short while, the Hyuuga clan will become important again.
I actually hope so if that is the case and hopefully a Hyuuga Clan origin will be good hopefully Madara/Tobi doesn't take Neji's eye he's too good to lose
Old 2010-12-16, 08:21   Link #344
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I actually hope so if that is the case and hopefully a Hyuuga Clan origin will be good hopefully Madara/Tobi doesn't take Neji's eye he's too good to lose
He can't take Neji's eyes. They'd lose their power if he dies because of the seal.
Old 2010-12-16, 08:27   Link #345
antjluc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
He can't take Neji's eyes. They'd lose their power if he dies because of the seal.
Totally forgot Neji has the seal on his forehead...damn Hinata is going to die!!!
Old 2010-12-16, 15:36   Link #346
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This recent chapter seems to imply from Kabuto's comment "I'd even become more famous than Uchiha Madara with this technique" and Madara's response "I told you not to push your luck" that he really is not Madara.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 21:45   Link #347
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Totally forgot Neji has the seal on his forehead...damn Hinata is going to die!!!
lol
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 08:58   Link #348
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This recent chapter seems to imply from Kabuto's comment "I'd even become more famous than Uchiha Madara with this technique" and Madara's response "I told you not to push your luck" that he really is not Madara.
That may explain why he's after Sasuke. So far, we haven't seen Tobi use the Mangekyou Sharingan once, and it's become pretty clear that his objecting are the six paths, three of which are definitely the Sharingan, the Rinnegan, and Mokuton. Tobi has the Rinnegan and the Sharingan, but considering the latter, why does he want Sasuke's eternal MS so badly? That and the fact he's never used the MS himself tells me that the Sharingan he has isn't the complete version, and that's why he pushed Sasuke to use Itachi's eyes. If Tobi was Madara, he wouldn't need Sasuke because Madara already had the EMS.
Old 2010-12-17, 15:58   Link #349
Kallen4life

the six paths are probably 5 elements that everyone uses + some sixth that only Rinnegan can use (not sure what it is)

I don't think there're supposed to be 6 users total or something .. so far there's been three - Rikudou sage, Nagato, Madara .. I assume having a Rinnegan = being a sage of six paths. But where does Izanagi fit then ? Nagato couldn't use it (as far as we know)

the third hole on the mask is just painted I think, no third eye (it just represents Sharinhax's third tomoe) .. Madara never mentioned Byakugan so far

Quote:
three of which are definitely the Sharingan, the Rinnegan, and Mokuton. Tobi has the Rinnegan and the Sharingan, but considering the latter, why does he want Sasuke's eternal MS so badly? That and the fact he's never used the MS himself tells me that the Sharingan he has isn't the complete version, and that's why he pushed Sasuke to use Itachi's eyes. If Tobi was Madara, he wouldn't need Sasuke because Madara already had the EMS.
Tobi does have Mokuton, he got it via Hashirama's DNA, which he got during their fight (which was the point of the fight for him)

He wouldn't be able to use Izanagi w/o Mokuton/Hashirama's DNA I assume (which he used in the fight with Konan)

and he wants Sasuke as a fighting force + to synchronise with the statue (I still believe whoever synchronises gets impaled with the rods) .. though this is peculation, we can't say much about Sasuke's future role atm
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:05   Link #350
Lightningtiger13
Gang

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightningtiger13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
the third hole on the mask is just painted I think, no third eye (it just represents Sharinhax's third tomoe) .. Madara never mentioned Byakugan so far
Well I think it is safe to say that the Byakugan has something to do with it based on the fact that the original Sage of the Six Paths created all ninja techniques while not directly with some techniques but it was his powers and knowledge that created all ninjutsu.
Lightningtiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:16   Link #351
Kallen4life

still doubt Madara's gonna stick a Byakugan in his forehead
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-17, 20:20   Link #352
Lightningtiger13
Gang

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightningtiger13
Quote:
Yeah I agree just saying that we can not rule out the possibility of it linking with the true powers or heritage of the six paths.
Lightningtiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:42   Link #353
Prince Kuku

I thought the Six(6) Paths were the 5 elements (Wind,Fire,Water,Earth,Lightning), cause if you recall some episodes that ero-senin (jiraya-sama) talk about the six paths. And after watching the episode where kakashi gain the sharingan. And suddenly Tobi showned himself.

I jumped into conclusion that Tobi is Obito who's sharigan is not completed yet. And the only reason that Tobi recruit sasuke is to prevent any leak about another Sharingan Survivor who I believe have the ability to destroy the Konoha, and even if happens, Sasuke will be the villain who can do that as a sharingan user .

But still I like the attitude of Tobi. Cocky yet cuddly
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:00   Link #354
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Who says he has to stick it in his forehead? Remember that the Byakugan has a 360 degree penetrating vision. It can see everywhere and see through anything. It doesn't have to be outside. He can surgically implant it in his brain and it could still work perfectly.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:25   Link #355
Kallen4life

Quote:
He can surgically implant it in his brain
wow..

P.S. I'll pass
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-10, 11:01   Link #356
7th_dimension

madhara is ....

probably the oldest man living in the world of anime?!?!

he has survived for several generations, hmmm
7th_dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 03:11   Link #357
Prince Kuku

Quote:
he has survived for several generations, hmmm
Means, he completed the forbidden jutsu that Orochimaru striking about.
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 13:37   Link #358
emmanuel809

After re-reading the mangas recently, I thought up a new theory for the Mystery that is Madara / Tobi.

PLEASE NOTE: I will reference previous manga chapters, if you are not caught up to Chpt 523, do not read.

I do not know if this theory was ever thought of, but I don’t think it has (If it has I want to give props to whoever though of this before I have! =) ).

Please feel free to add on to the speculations here as I would love to see what you all think about this. (If it is possible, explain why or why not, etc).

For one let’s look at what we know about Tobi:
- Tobi is the real leader of Akatsuki.
- Tobi said he was “Uchiha Madara”.
- Tobi has collected A LOT of Sharingans.
- Tobi claims to have given Negato (Pain) the Rinnegan.
- Tobi has both the Uchiha techniques AND the Senju.
- Tobi has lots of knowledge about the history of the Ninja World.
- Tobi attacked the village 16 years ago using the Demon Fox.

With everything we have seen about Tobi, it seems perfectly reasonable to assume he is Madara but I am not so sure.

The first clue that is given to us by the author is the simple fact he wears a mask. If everyone knows what Madara looks like, it’s a little strange that Tobi tells everyone he is Madara but doesn’t show his face. This suggests the one of the following possibilities:
1) He is lying about being Madara.
2) He is Madara but we have already met this person under a different name.

In either case, he has very good knowledge of Uchiha Madara life that would suggest he was very close to him (Maybe a relative, close friend). He also seems to have conserved the hatred of both the Uchiha and Senju which also suggests that Tobi was close to Madara, if he isn’t himself Madara.

Whether he is, or isn’t, Uchiha Madara, I believe Tobi wears a mask because we have already met this person under a different name. There have been many theories about this (ex: Tobi is Obito or Danzo) and all have been discredited.

Danzo was killed by Sasuke and we clearly saw Tobi and Danzo staring at each other during that battle.

Tobi lost his eye and gave it to Kakashi, but during the fight with Tobi and Konan, we saw Madara’s both eyes AND he even used Izanagi. Unless Obito is being possessed by the ghost of Madara, he is also too young to be Madara. Don’t forget Madara battled with the first Hockage to get his cells to enable him to have both the Uchiha and Senju techniques, which Tobi clearly has in order to be able to use Izanagi.
Spoiler:

(chapter 510 pg 12)

We will put other theories aside for a moment, as this post purpose is more about suggesting another person as being Tobi (and possibly Madara / Son of Madara) which I didn’t think was plausible until just recently.

In chapter 500 and 501, we are brought back in time 16 years to see Naruto’s birth and how Tobi / Madara unleashed the Nine Tails on the Leaf village. As I was reading this the first time, I was very excited to see what happened when Naruto was born (and find out just how much of a kick ass Minato is)! In my haste to read what happened I seemed to have overlooked certain events that were shown in those chapters.

The first is that Tobi / Madara killed off ALL the Anbu guards guarding Minato and his wife while she was giving birth to Naruto. He then entered through the barrier guarding them very easily. This seems farfetched but tolerable as we all assume Madara is extremely powerful, but the Anbu guards didn’t even get a chance to call for help? Unless he killed them all at once it’s kinda hard to imagine Madara taking out all of them so fast, without anyone else noticing. I suggest Tobi / Madara is someone from WITHIN the leaf. Someone the Anbu guards wouldn’t expect would attack them and someone with enough knowledge to enter the barrier undetected.
Spoiler:

(chapter 501 pg 02)

So we are looking for an Uchiha, someone very well respected and powerful, that would also have the knowledge about security measures put in place to protect the 4th Hockage.

Here is another clue: Someone is missing from the village that day.
Spoiler:

(chapter 502 pg 02)

Yes that’s right. Fugaku Uchiha: The leader of the Uchiha clan, the leader of the Police force, and the father of the 2 LAST remaining Uchihas.
Here are some facts to cooberate my theory:

1) Fugaku Uchiha, Leader of the Uchiha, is the Mastermind behind the plan to “Take over” the leaf. This plan, with the attack on the leaf 16 years ago by the Nine Tails, is what triggered the Mission given to Itachi to destroy the Uchiha. Makes sense Fugaku organised his “coup d’etat” knowing full well the Leaf would have to take action.
Spoiler:

2) Sasuke and Itachi both unlocked the Mangekyou Sharingan, Ameterasu, and Susano. Very rare indeed. It would make sense they are the children (or great-grandchildren) of the great Madara.

3) The author’s style of righting the story makes it plausible that Madara is Sasuke’s father since Naruto’s father is Minato. Both would be children of heroes and would make this story even more legendary in the Naruto universe.

4) We all saw Fugaku’s dead body in Sasuke’s recal when Itachi killed his whole clan. Don’t forget about Zetsu; who has the ability to make perfect duplicate bodies!

5) Fugaku is the leader of the Police force. He could have taken all the Anbu guards guarding Minato and his wife by surprise 16 years ago AND has enough knowledge about the security to get through the barrier undetected.

6) Fugaku is presumed dead and he needs people to continue thinking so, hence why he wears a mask.

7) We know nothing about Fugaku’s past.

8) Where was he 16 years ago when the Fox attacked?

I believe that Tobi is Fugaku.
Is he Madara? Is he Madara’s son? Those are the next questions I hope might get answered as time goes by, but for now, it seems logical to assume ONE thing with relative certainty:

1 – We, the readers, have already met Tobi under a different name. There is no other reason why he would wear a Mask and why the writer, Masashi Kishimoto, makes seeing Tobi’s face such a big deal.

Unless of course he's just trying to screw with our minds... Which is totally working for me anyways lol..
emmanuel809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 16:07   Link #359
james0246

^I posted something similar awhile back in one of the chapter threads, though you went much further with the idea than I ever attempted. Kudos.

That being said, with the inclusion of Izanagi, any Uchiha (besides Itachi and Sasuke...maybe) at any time could be Tobi. In fact, since Danzou learned to use a form of Izanagi, it is possible that anyone could be Tobi. All that's required are Sharigans...

So, we are once again back at square one .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 16:19   Link #360
Cael
Lurker Mode

Spoiler for Size:
Nice Theory!

But it doesn't answer all the questions about Tobi. For example how was he controlling the Mizukage if he was living in Konoha?

Last edited by Cael; 2011-01-18 at 16:36.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tobi