AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-09, 10:31   Link #1
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Darwin's Game

Author and Artist: FlipFlops
Genre: Action, Mystery, Psychological, Sci-fi, Romance (Leaning towards it though), Shounen
Type: Manga
Magazine Release: Monthly

Synopsis
Sudo Kaname is---No was a normal high schooler until one day he receives a text from a friend linking him to a free mobile app known as "Darwin's Game". Later does he discover that this free mobile app game has earned him a one way ticket into a survival game where you put your life on the line. Can Kaname survive long enough to escape this terrifying game and hopefully find a way to clear it?

Spoiler for Characters:

I just discovered this manga yesterday and dude I'm really impressed with it. The story hasn't fully picked up yet, but it does show potential to be something better. What I enjoy about this manga is the structure of how Darwin's Game is constructed and the rewards, benefits, and risks that come from participating. There are plenty of neat terminology the game throws at you, and I will get to that right now.

Spoiler for Introduction to the Game:

Spoiler for Terminology:

Spoiler for Game Warnings:

Okay. I think I've covered all the rules, terminology, and other concept of the game. If there's more rules and terminology that this series hasn't thrown in yet I'll be sure to update it. For now the series has 8 chapters out of 19 translated.

So that's all I have to say regarding this series, I hope you guys will give it a shot and feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions whatever you can.
Old 2014-08-09, 10:34   Link #2
bakato

I thought translation stopped.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 10:42   Link #3
hamazura
whatever

i dropped this because amnesia update too long or even dropped
but i just want to say that this MC power = shiro emiya
bye
Old 2014-08-09, 10:44   Link #4
dragon1412

they are just have some problem with lack of staff, the story is very intersting though.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 10:53   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I thought translation stopped.
The translation team had been going on and off about this issue of translating this series. I heard that they might make an update for this series sometime this month or the next one. I'll be sure to keep a look out on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i dropped this because amnesia update too long or even dropped
but i just want to say that this MC power = shiro emiya
bye
Well his abilities does remind me a bit of Shiro's, but he's different from him in most ways. Like I said, he's weak and needs to get help constantly (I've seen the raws to know), but I think he has potential to become something powerful as he develops in the game. Plus, now he is willing to participate to ensure is survival and hopefully find a way to clear it.

Plus, he doesn't say the "People die if they're killed" line or anything.
Old 2014-08-10, 00:10   Link #6
SineMora
Wait for it...

And the first thing I thought when I first saw this manga before was...

Who will win the Darwin Award? Stupid enough to die?
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 00:19   Link #7
Kirihara_R

haha "Black bullet" ( different meaning )
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 07:13   Link #8
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Sorry for the late reply followers of this series. But I'm here to announce that chapter 9 has been scanlated and released. I checked the scanlator page and it looks like this series will be getting updates at interval times.

None the less, we got 11 more chapters to go before we're all caught up...for now.
Old 2014-09-13, 15:19   Link #9
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Hey guys. No chapter update yet, but I did find some really cool and sexy illustrations based off one of the chapter raws.
Spoiler for Slight NSFW:

As for the raws with the current translated chapter, we just finished that arc and it looks like we're going to go into a new one. As for what it is we're going to have to wait till next month. Poor Kaname, his situation keeps getting worse and worse.

As for any new chapter updates you guys will all be the first to know. So until then, until then.
Old 2014-10-05, 15:52   Link #10
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Hey guys. I'm back with an update. I'm here to announce that chapter 10 of this series has been scanlated and released. Hope we get another constant update soon.
Old 2014-11-23, 13:50   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Alright guys! I'm back with an update for this series. Chapter 11 has been scanlated and released! Great chapter I hope you guys check it out. So until next chapter, until then!
Old 2014-11-23, 14:36   Link #12
Breimoon

Thanks for your translations! Just finishedcatching up.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 14:39   Link #13
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
This manga has been fairly interesting so far. Thanks for translating it for us~
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 16:56   Link #14
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't think the queen will be very happy when she finds out that Kaname-chan has been teaming up with a cute girl in diaphanous negligee.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 15:57   Link #15
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't think the queen will be very happy when she finds out that Kaname-chan has been teaming up with a cute girl in diaphanous negligee.
If you think that's troublesome. Allow me to introduce another girl who's most likely going to be very acquainted with Kaname. Shuka's got her hands full.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So what do you think guys. She's quite the beauty isn't she?
Old 2014-11-27, 11:18   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Don't think this girl will join Kaname's group soon. She's the no. 1 after all, her joining will remove all tension and make Kaname's group too powerful. Have to introduced a stronger enemy/enemy group before having her join Kaname's group(if she will ever join that is)
Old 2014-11-27, 11:52   Link #17
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

That's true but it never stated in the rules of D-Game that other clans can't partner up with other groups without needing to leave their respective one's first. If the two groups share a common goal or if they need to band together to take down a common enemy, wouldn't that work out for the better in terms of survival?

Plus, it's a matter of whether if a powerful group would be interested in allying themselves with others if they can profit/gain something out of it. In Kaname's case... he's getting a bit more famous as time develops, and there have been people who find him interesting to the point of wanting to confront and work with him.

In the recent raws one of the most powerful and dangerous clans is trying to hunt down Kaname. He and Shuka are intact as partners, but I'm not sure about Ryuuji and Sui as of right now. To put it simple his members are strong, but against other clans they're weak as of now and a bit of assistance couldn't hurt either. Whether others join Kaname, who knows, but he sort of needs it because he's practically still weak as he is, but he has been growing strong both mentally and physically. Like I said before it's a matter of if they're willing to fight under a common goal and what they can gain or profit something out of a partnership that risky.
Old 2014-11-27, 23:44   Link #18
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ryuuji, Sui, and Rain is "officially" in his clan. Danjyou(the karateka) has agreed to temporarily group up with Kaname, now they plan to coax the no. 1 girl in the team-up. I still think she won't join for a while though, until a stronger enemy team-up group is created or the girl get nerfed.
Old 2015-01-02, 21:54   Link #19
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay guys I'm here to announce that chapter 12 has been scanlated and released!
Old 2016-02-28, 20:20   Link #20
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I jumped into this manga after seeing the textless version of the Volume 5 cover (Ryuuji with his RPD and Sui)

With the latest chapter scanned at chapter 25, I'm very interested to see how the plot will continue.

Tags
survival game