AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 14:39   Link #381
kevan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kuroko- View Post
;_; 2nd Night ;_;
What about it?
kevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:30   Link #382
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

The Second Night translation stage is complete! There's still a bit more work to do, but if you haven't done so already, consider sign up for the beta programme to get hold of the patch early.

http://blog.spiderlilytranslations.c...ion-stage.html
Old 2013-09-01, 05:09   Link #383
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So it's like closed beta stage where it's not available in public yet?

Anyway, it's a good news. Thanks for your hard work

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 06:23   Link #384
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yup. There are reasons why I kinda want to limit the amount of people using the beta patch. Signups will probably close when the beta patch is available, but pretty much anyone who signs up now should be able to get hold of the beta.

It is very much a beta though, so we expect the final version to have significant changes. That's not to say the beta will be unplayable by any means. I'll ensure it will be of a decent quality, but of course, we do have high standards, and will aim to attain those with the proper release.
Old 2013-09-02, 12:17   Link #385
kevan3

How long do you think beta testing will take?
kevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:48   Link #386
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

It'll take as long as it takes. Maybe a month or so once it actually starts?
Old 2014-02-07, 03:36   Link #387
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Spider Lily Translations are proud to announce that the English patch for The Second Night has been released!

In addition, you can now purchase the Japanese versions as a digital download from MangaGamer.

For more details, please visit our website:
http://www.spiderlilytranslations.com/

Enjoy Higanbana, everyone!
Old 2014-02-07, 23:03   Link #388
chronotrig

Congrats on the release, Spider Lily!
Awesome that we get to see the whole Ryuukishi series up to this point translated into English. Nice work.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 07:23   Link #389
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

A huge thanks to Spider Lily for this wonderful patch!!! It was totally worth the wait!

I just finished the first two stories and I have to say
Spoiler for Chapters 1 & 2:

Maybe Higanbana isn't WTC level, but it is tremendously enjoyable to read. Even though Ryukishi is, to put it frankly, an amateur writer, he compensates for that with talent. His way of storytelling is so unique and original that even when the theme isn't, his stories are always fun. I really look forward to reading the rest!

P.S: Does anyone else feel the art seems kinda sloppy this time 'round? Well, except for the breathtaking sprite of Sumire's sister whose name slips me atm.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 17:18   Link #390
TW25

Thanks for the translation! It was really difficult to choose between reading Second Night and RGD S3, but it looks like I couldn't wait to finish Higanbana.

I really enjoyed Second Night, so hopefully in 4 or 5 years time when Ryuukishi's schedule is no longer full we can get Third Night or some other Higanbana-themed work.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 14:18   Link #391
battle22

I just finished the first three chapters. Quite good so far, I especially enjoyed the second story. So far I like it, hopefully it will stay this good until the rest of the stories. I really do have high expectations, haha.

Overall...Higanbana has this feel, this different kind of atmosphere that I really enjoy. It's somewhat nostalgic and...aah, I cannot explain it by words. It feels special. I don't mind 3rd Night at all.

And thank you, Spider-Lily translations for making this visual novel available for us in the west. I hope Japanese people also liked it. I've been hearing a lot of negative stuff about Ryu's work in Japan, so I'd like to know if at least this did any good.
Old 2017-09-12, 00:17   Link #392
WOH

I've finally begun reading Higanbana, and it's actually much better than I thought it was going to be! Even chapter one is so filled with emotion.
WOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 07:15   Link #393
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOH View Post
I've finally begun reading Higanbana, and it's actually much better than I thought it was going to be! Even chapter one is so filled with emotion.
The Rokkenjima community is currently doing a bookclub of Higanbana. If you are interested in following it or want to participate, I recommend checking it out.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 15:27   Link #394
WOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
The Rokkenjima community is currently doing a bookclub of Higanbana. If you are interested in following it or want to participate, I recommend checking it out.
Interesting. I may follow. Thank you!
WOH is offline   Reply With Quote