AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 09:04   Link #21
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The time slips can be a bit annoying, but if it follows the manga we should (note the should there) see them in pretty much every century, including a close to present one. THe problem i see is in the number of episodes. If this is a 12/13 episode, certain parts will have to be skipped to get it all in, unless they just pull stuff out of thin air.

Kuromitsu is freakin awesome, she's exactly like i thought she's sound when i was reading the manga. I'm tempted to reread the manga now
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:09   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Madhouse has a very good track record for their anime adaptation, so I don't think the manga-readers would be too disappointed.

I personally believe more series should adapt to the 12-13 episodes format. A lot of the redundancy from a series is cut down when a series is one-cur.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:12   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Madhouse has a very good track record for their anime adaptation, so I don't think the manga-readers would be too disappointed.

I personally believe more series should adapt to the 12-13 episodes format. A lot of the redundancy from a series is cut down when a series is one-cur.
Madhouse have 10 volumes of the manga for material, and seeing as though the manga has finished then they already have an ending to work with. Does make you wonder how much of the manga material they can fit into 12 episodes, and what will be left out.

Either way i'll start reading the manga once the anime has finished.
Old 2008-10-13, 09:18   Link #24
kono kimochi

do want fliyng throat-cutting scene gif. do want now.
kono kimochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:21   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Madhouse have 10 volumes of the manga for material, and seeing as though the manga has finished then they already have an ending to work with. Does make you wonder how much of the manga material they can fit into 12 episodes, and what will be left out.
This particular information gives me high hopes that the show will end up having one of those tightly-knit plots out there. I haven't seen one of those in a while.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:59   Link #26
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thank god I don't judge shows solely on their OP because this one was god awful...

Meh putting that aside pretty standard period piece show...Ultra violence and incredibly lovely ladies in kimonos. Wasn't exactly jumping up and down in excitement after the first episode, but on the other hand I'll probably stick it out seeing as I'm a sucker for these types of shows.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 14:16   Link #27
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I actually liked the OP. I usually hate that style of music but i really got into it. One of the better ops i've seen this season
Old 2008-10-13, 16:17   Link #28
akio

One of the best OPs this season, indeed. The music kind of reminded me of the 2nd Death Note OP. Oh well, featuring Maximum The Hormone.
akio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:42   Link #29
neoeagle

OP song is insane.

I have listened to it 100 times already.BEST anime Op of this season.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 19:27   Link #30
Traece
:cool:

Music aside.

Definitely an interesting anime...

Er...

Not exactly what I expected when I decided to give it a try but... Definitely something worth watching through. If not for the eternal romance than... Well... It's sort of like watching Toribash if Toribash was an anime, and not free video game.
Old 2008-10-13, 20:10   Link #31
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Viciously awaiting the first episode to finish downloading.

I marked this series as a tryout on a whim simply because of the promotional artwork, and it seems I made a good choice. I'm kinda impressed by the low amount of posts (and the fact that it only got a thread after it started airing, strange thing around these parts).

But oh well, that's fandom for ya

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 20:31   Link #32
kamikazex

DUDE!!! this series is awesome. are you serious. first episode was simply awesome. its a mystery y more ppl dont watch this show. i was amazed at how cool it was.diffidently not a typical series and yeah that throat scene and the followup was simply cool.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 20:40   Link #33
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Music aside.

Definitely an interesting anime...

Er...

Not exactly what I expected when I decided to give it a try but... Definitely something worth watching through. If not for the eternal romance than... Well... It's sort of like watching Toribash if Toribash was an anime, and not free video game.
If they follow the manga, after the initial romance set up, it should take a back seat. As other aspects of the story come to the fore. It's one of the things i loved about the manga. While the romance was there, it was never in you're face
Old 2008-10-13, 20:55   Link #34
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
If they follow the manga, after the initial romance set up, it should take a back seat. As other aspects of the story come to the fore. It's one of the things i loved about the manga. While the romance was there, it was never in you're face
Oh well. Toribash ftw!

The romance almost felt like Bizzaro Inuyasha with twice the blood and gore and Kikyo loses an arm instead of being slashed.

It makes for a great romance in potential, but I had a feeling that would sort of die out after this episode. Though it does make for a fantastic start to the series, a romance gone horribly wrong.
Old 2008-10-13, 22:26   Link #35
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well, that was extremely well done. Beautiful use of Japanese, succinct but impressive action scenes, and an intriguing story.

I wonder how confusing it will get with the time leaps the manga readers are mentioning... (we already see a cyberpunkish hint at the beginning). And if we're getting cyberpunk, things can only get better.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:51   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What I get from the synopsis is that the story is actually a love-story that spans a thousand years. No wonder some of the posts from the thread suggest the event in the manga is all over the place in terms of chronological continuity. When a time-scale spans such incredible distance, the continuity for chronological perception becomes unimportant. The only thing a story such as this can focus on are those special highlights that will reinforce the theme of the show. It can mean a jump from 50 years to 500 years, then to 100 years.. and etc.
If you've ever read the "Lazurus Long" stories that Robert Heinlein wrote -- time span and memory management are a major issue for long-lived creatures, linear continuity breaks down after the first hundred years or so. After a thousand years .... well, also look at Horo (S&W) at 700 and how very tiny things trigger several hundred year old memories like they were yesterday.

Hell, I'm only 51 and I've already started organizing my memories in a non-linear format --- makes it hell when some jerkwad wants my "work history" all the way back to the beginning. I pull out my records and... "oh.. it happened in THAT order???" I can certainly empathize with a story told in whatever order one memory triggers another memory.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:14   Link #37
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Seen the first episode, and I love it xD

Like some others, I like the OP too xD It's pretty awesome

I hope to see the leading guy live long enough until modern times xD From the OP he was like in an apocalyptic future. Hehe.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:39   Link #38
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

episode 2 *drooooooooool* nuff said
Old 2008-10-14, 21:09   Link #39
Cinocard

They did a great job in Ep1, but there's something wrong with the animation. It's not like it isn't beautiful, but the art somehow doesn't give out the feeling the manga did to me. Everything seems..to clear in my opinion.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:51   Link #40
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

*very curious to see what awesomeness has happened in episode 2* xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, vampire