AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-17, 15:15   Link #22201
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Dwa?
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well that are thier correct genders, official stated by Leland Chee from Lucasfilm.
Beat me to it
Old 2008-03-17, 15:22   Link #22202
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
*Gasps*

OMG!! WE'RE AT 1111 PAGES! :3

*Starts throwing random confetti around all over the place!* XD
Old 2008-03-17, 15:29   Link #22203
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I really should get back to Fall of an Empire.
Yes you should.... (Is one to talk about procrastinating.)

Quote:
Revan is the most awesome Sith Lord ever to have walked this universe. He has everything. Cool mask, awesome skills, and most importantly he even gets his own 'I am your Father' moment, which is absolutely mind boggling because:

Spoiler for HUGE spoiler for Knights of the old Republic:
That's barely even a Spoiler anymore it's pretty much as widely known as Vader = Luke's father at this point...

Quote:
Oh, and she's a lightweight. I don't know about Kyonko, but Tesla gets plastered after even a single glass of alcohol.
Another reason I like her I might not get plastered, but I still don't drink.

Quote:
Go watch the Tenchi Muyo OVA's, you'll get what I mean. Suffice to say, Washuu rocks.
And is Haxed beyond the ability to easily describe...

Quote:
Keroko is mid-close ranged, prefering arial combat, but at mid range you can't avoid getting in close combat. Fortunately her rather violent childhood followed by training in the TSAB taught her to handle close combat. When unarmed, she fights very dirty, as befitting a street fighter.
I always found "fighting dirty" a bit silly anyone that fights according to some set of rules in battle isn't fighting "clean" they're fighting stupid. Then again only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity and we aren't so sure about the former...

Quote:
Blame the IRC, I know I do.
IRC is fun, come on join us you know you want too! You can get to watch ATC say silly stuff in real time, or goose and me discuss militray tech and tactics for half and hour at a stretch, or me, him, and Lowe reminiscence about our favorite parts of Call of Duty 4! The channel is basiclly a spam fest I'll readily admit, but I'm not sure keeping that crap out the thread is such a bad thing to be honest...

On another note: So I read Alpha as expected I liked most of the OFM stuff, and could barely even read the Nanoha stuff. It was well written… but I still hated it, sorry told that was likely to be the case. Sorry you might have tried to justify it, but it still annoyed me. *shrugs* You can’t please everyone and at least she’ll get better once that occurs it should be much more tolerable to me.

I also don’t like the Spawn AT ALL I don’t think they fit the setting, the tone of the series, or the tenants of the universe. I hated the flood and the Zerg too really most biological “homogenizing swarms” tend to induce eye rolls in me the flood are particularly grievous as there supposed powers border on outright magic. (Hint rewriting DNA won’t do ANYTHING until the cell divides so really at the FASTEST it should take weeks for anything notable to happen to a victim. Sadly just as many writes fail biology as fail physics…) Sadly they’re too engrained in the story to be done away with, but I prefer they never ever appear again.

Anyway it’s a decent stab at the concept of Angsty Nanoha and the writing is good, but I still don’t really like it that much to be honest. I’ll probably keep reading it for the OFM bits and to finally see the gravemind get raped though.
Old 2008-03-17, 15:40   Link #22204
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What are you talking about?
Ahh, well Mirror Moon recently released their patch that translated the Unlimited Blade Works route of Fate/Stay Night, and there are several skills of the vrious characters that fit my characters.

Instinct A:
The abillity to "feel" the best course of action for oneself during combat. This heightened sense is now close to precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to hearing and vision.

Needles to say, this basically describes Keroko's defence in a nutshell.

Mind's Eye B: A "combat logic" that allows for calm analysis of the situation and the enemy's abillity in spite of danger, and concideration of all possible actions in a particular situation. If there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this abillity greatly improves the chance of succes.

Now this just screams Tesla no matter how I look at it.

Quote:

Spoiler for Belongs to the spoiler:
I'm usually balancing between light and dark. I help people who beg of me, but when thugs try to rob me, I just as easilly use the Force to make them jump of tall buildings on Nar Shadaa. :3 God I love that option.

Quote:
Well that are thier correct genders, official stated by Leland Chee from Lucasfilm.
I am a genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I'm glad you liked my portrayal of her combat skills. I hope that I can also keep her in character later when I have her in just a conversational setting :3
You've done well so far, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I know, I know.

Quote:
That's barely even a Spoiler anymore it's pretty much as widely known as Vader = Luke's father at this point...
Eh, I suppose.

Quote:
Another reason I like her I might not get plastered, but I still don't drink.
Me neither. Heck, I'm still wondering how my body will react to the first time I drink anything alcoholic.

Quote:
And is Haxed beyond the ability to easily describe...
That sorta comes with being a goddess.

Quote:
I always found "fighting dirty" a bit silly anyone that fights according to some set of rules in battle isn't fighting "clean" they're fighting stupid. Then again only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity and we aren't so sure about the former...
Keroko-chan fully agrees with you. 'fighting dirty' is simply a manner of speech anyway.

Quote:
IRC is fun, come on join us you know you want too! You can get to watch ATC say silly stuff in real time, or goose and me discuss militray tech and tactics for half and hour at a stretch, or me, him, and Lowe reminiscence about our favorite parts of Call of Duty 4! The channel is basiclly a spam fest I'll readily admit, but I'm not sure keeping that crap out the thread is such a bad thing to be honest...
I never liked chatprograms, I always like the calm feel of a forum, the fact that I can leave for an hour (or several days) and not miss anything.

Quote:
On another note: So I read Alpha as expected I liked most of the OFM stuff, and could barely even read the Nanoha stuff. It was well written… but I still hated it, sorry told that was likely to be the case. Sorry you might have tried to justify it, but it still annoyed me. *shrugs* You can’t please everyone and at least she’ll get better once that occurs it should be much more tolerable to me.

I also don’t like the Spawn AT ALL I don’t think they fit the setting, the tone of the series, or the tenants of the universe. I hated the flood and the Zerg too really most biological “homogenizing swarms” tend to induce eye rolls in me the flood are particularly grievous as there supposed powers border on outright magic. (Hint rewriting DNA won’t do ANYTHING until the cell divides so really at the FASTEST it should take weeks for anything notable to happen to a victim. Sadly just as many writes fail biology as fail physics…) Sadly they’re too engrained in the story to be done away with, but I prefer they never ever appear again.

Anyway it’s a decent stab at the concept of Angsty Nanoha and the writing is good, but I still don’t really like it that much to be honest. I’ll probably keep reading it for the OFM bits and to finally see the gravemind get raped though.
I think we all expected that. Kudos for still reading though.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:16   Link #22205
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
A
I'm usually balancing between light and dark. I help people who beg of me, but when thugs try to rob me, I just as easilly use the Force to make them jump of tall buildings on Nar Shadaa. :3 God I love that option.
I gotta admit I've never really been able to play "evil" characters in games... I always end up feeling bad about it. Plus the evil options are normally just over the top sadistic it's not like "cash bad check" or "Pass off fake ID." It's something like "Brutally murder victim and rifle through his pockets." or "Strangle guard to death in full view of his children" or something.

Quote:
I know, I know.
I've got 5,000 words for my latest fic, but despite all that... nothing has really happened in it. It's like ten pages of dialogue and set up and all the cool stuff I want to write for it seems so very far into the future of it's plot.

Quote:
Me neither. Heck, I'm still wondering how my body will react to the first time I drink anything alcoholic.
I slept… allot.

It happened when I was about thirteen one of my cousins hid Vodka in a water bottle to sneak into Woodstock didn’t end up using it and put it back in his fridge. Anyway along comes my dumbass from playing outside looking for something to drink (the well water at this house was almost in drinkable) and hey bottled water! *chug, chug, chug*

Pause.

*Sprints to the sink and begins rinsing his mouth out with water nasty mineral content or not*

My first comment to my mother was and I quote “I think I drank poison!” (Melodramatic much?) I probably got several shots worth before it started burning and I stopped drinking. After that I got really groggy and splet for the better part of the rest of the day acutally maybe this is why I don’t drink even now…

Quote:
That sorta comes with being a goddess.
Depends on the pantheon really not all gods are imagined equa after alll.

Quote:
Keroko-chan fully agrees with you. 'fighting dirty' is simply a manner of speech anyway.
I like "fighting to win" better.

Quote:
I never liked chatprograms, I always like the calm feel of a forum, the fact that I can leave for an hour (or several days) and not miss anything.
Clam feel? We've been reading the same thread right?Because sometimes this really did feel like a chatroom to me posts popping up every minute guys responding back, five conversations at once, etc. I like a forum for more involved debate and posting of background and stories, but the chatroom really is superior IMO for just bouncing around ideas, discussing minor aspects of characters, coordinating on fics, and general crack.

It keeps the thread less cluttered and anything that's deemed fairly important tends to migrate back here anyway. Both are tools and both have there uses. I also don't mind just yakking with you guys about stuff besides Nanoha since we all seem to have somewhat similar interests; this being a fairly narrow interest and all.

Quote:
I think we all expected that. Kudos for still reading though.
Yeah well I try to read most stuff here at least as a courtesy I like some stuff more then others though, and I like to acknowledge good writing even if I don’t really like the story itself.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:34   Link #22206
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I gotta admit I've never really been able to play "evil" characters in games... I always end up feeling bad about it. Plus the evil options are normally just over the top sadistic it's not like "cash bad check" or "Pass off fake ID." It's something like "Brutally murder victim and rifle through his pockets." or "Strangle guard to death in full view of his children" or something.
Strangely enough I never have such problems playing D&D though... Heck, not even three weeks ago I blew up a Wizards tower, causing all arcane artifacts to go haywire and open a portal to the Abyss (tripple 20's on explosion roles are goood. ). Now the entire city is under a magic dome, completely quaranteed. Nobody even bothered to do a bodycount. Well, nobody except me. Pity nobody was willing to help me, as I would have liked one myself. "That's 9321 civilians, 175 cityguards, 111 outstanding mages and 92 goverment officials. Not bad. Maybe I can break the 20k next city."

Quote:
I slept… allot.

It happened when I was about thirteen one of my cousins hid Vodka in a water bottle to sneak into Woodstock didn’t end up using it and put it back in his fridge. Anyway along comes my dumbass from playing outside looking for something to drink (the well water at this house was almost in drinkable) and hey bottled water! *chug, chug, chug*

Pause.

*Sprints to the sink and begins rinsing his mouth out with water nasty mineral content or not*

My first comment to my mother was and I quote “I think I drank poison!” (Melodramatic much?) I probably got several shots worth before it started burning and I stopped drinking. After that I got really groggy and splet for the better part of the rest of the day acutally maybe this is why I don’t drink even now…
*snrk* sorry, but from where third person that looks really funny. I have never drunken anything alcoholic. Hell, I've eaten more alcohol then I've drinked.

Quote:
Depends on the pantheon really not all gods are imagined equa after alll.
Washuu is one of the three creators of the Tenchi universe, how does that rank her?

Quote:
I like "fighting to win" better.
Eh, fighting dirty has a better ring to it. I kinda like to wear it as a badge of pride, you know? 'I fight dirty.'

Quote:
Calm feel? We've been reading the same thread right?Because sometimes this really did feel like a chatroom to me posts popping up every minute guys responding back, five conversations at once, etc. I like a forum for more involved debate and posting of background and stories, but the chatroom really is superior IMO for just bouncing around ideas, discussing minor aspects of characters, coordinating on fics, and general crack.

It keeps the thread less cluttered and anything that's deemed fairly important tends to migrate back here anyway. Both are tools and both have there uses. I also don't mind just yakking with you guys about stuff besides Nanoha since we all seem to have somewhat similar interests; this being a fairly narrow interest and all.
I know, but I always lose touch of the conversation in chat programs. On forums I can just scroll up and read whatever I missed. I can go away, come back, scroll up and be up-to-date. It's personal preference. *shrug*

Quote:
Yeah well I try to read most stuff here at least as a courtesy I like some stuff more then others though, and I like to acknowledge good writing even if I don’t really like the story itself.
And that's what the kudos are for.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:19   Link #22207
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Uh-huh.....

I've been absent for...what? *counts* 5 days maybe? And what do I get when I come back?

A MERE 6 PAGES OF BACKLOG!!!???!!!???!!!??!??!!!??!!!

What's going on here? The thread's completrely dying...
I'm very troubled, especially with Genderbending gain on us.

Khracker Three and Khracker Four is nearing completion, just needs to package it up nicely. Problem here is that these are only trailer material to advertise for the Rebuilt Lyrical Party for OC's 1st Anniversary, so don't expect it to generate much crack...

The main course Rebuilt has run into an unexpected jam as I wanted to bring Serena and Allison in (or at least an idea of where they are) on episode 1 as I was wondering all through the canon episode 1, "WTF is Erio and Caro?!" But... Aaron...

Quote:
Anyway...

@Kha: Oh you...*facepalm* Why am I not suprised at you bringing F/SN here again? *double facepalm* Ah well. However, two can play the same game Just you wait
Is that a CHALLENGE?!

Farukon = Shiro
Kha = Archer
Sakura = Saber
Vivio = Future Saber

...Looking forward to your contribution.
Quote:
I just have to quote from pages ago
But I totally used that picture as my base for Vivio myself Because it just looked that cool and I lack the creativity to make stuff my self.
Indeed, and it matched my predictions completely. It shows that both of us agree on what Vivio will be like. :3

Quote:
Why thank you my good sir on the comment :3

In terms of whether or not I'll have him move up from dual pistols, I have no idea at the moment :3

And yes, Keroko-chan is a skilled close-combat fighter, what with the fact that Keroko designed her that way :3 I'm just following what has been established so far.
Do go dual. Grammaton Cleric FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
@Thread:
The reason that there's been no Alpha recently, is because I seem to have hit a snag with how effective the Tempest is (that's Hayate's ship in case you forgot :3 ). After a lengthly discussion with Shou, ghaz, LE, and Goose last night, I've decided to rework the entire scene. That's about three pages of writing for those of you counting XD.
I feel your pain. I rewrote episode 1 for the 3rd time after rewatching episode 1 and 2. T_T

Quote:
*Gasps*

I feel a little sad that we have to go back to celebrating page by page... Are we in senecence...?

Quote:
Ahh, well Mirror Moon recently released their patch that translated the Unlimited Blade Works route of Fate/Stay Night, and there are several skills of the vrious characters that fit my characters.

Instinct A:
The abillity to "feel" the best course of action for oneself during combat. This heightened sense is now close to precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to hearing and vision.

Mind's Eye B: A "combat logic" that allows for calm analysis of the situation and the enemy's abillity in spite of danger, and concideration of all possible actions in a particular situation. If there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this abillity greatly improves the chance of succes.

Wiki or my friend's informal translations have nothing on UBW!!!

I guess these are skills Kha and Saber learn from Keroko and Tesla?
Old 2008-03-17, 18:25   Link #22208
krisslanza

A-agreeing w-with... KHA!?
This can't be happening
Old 2008-03-17, 18:26   Link #22209
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

KEIKAKU DOORI...
Old 2008-03-17, 18:32   Link #22210
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
You've done well so far, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Well I'm glad for your vote of confidence :3 I hope that I continue to do well with my characterization of Keroko-chan :3

Next chapter has more of Keroko actually teaching something, so hopefully I won't screw up :3
Old 2008-03-17, 18:35   Link #22211
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
KEIKAKU DOORI...
Nani?
Old 2008-03-17, 18:46   Link #22212
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Got some crack problems?
Nope. Not at all...not at all...

Quote:
@Thread:
The reason that there's been no Alpha recently, is because I seem to have hit a snag with how effective the Tempest is (that's Hayate's ship in case you forgot :3 ). After a lengthly discussion with Shou, ghaz, LE, and Goose last night, I've decided to rework the entire scene. That's about three pages of writing for those of you counting XD.
You mean the Tempest didn't have enough weapons? Needs bigger guns, what?

*runs*

Quote:
*Drags himself away from playing the -now translated- Unlimited Blade Works route*

Daaaaaamn this game is awesome! Fate route ain't got nothing on UBW. More Archer! More!

Fate crack is a bit high at the moment. When browsing the stat screens I already noticed a few skills that fit just right with Keroko and Tesla. Especially Archers Mind's Eye fits Tesla like a glove, and Sabers Instinct describes Keroko precisely.

Maybe I could cobble together some status screens.... shouldn't be hard.
Hmm...tempting to try and find the game and the patch...

Quote:
I am a genius.
Hail the trap King/Queen!

Quote:

Khracker Three and Khracker Four is nearing completion, just needs to package it up nicely. Problem here is that these are only trailer material to advertise for the Rebuilt Lyrical Party for OC's 1st Anniversary, so don't expect it to generate much crack...

The main course Rebuilt has run into an unexpected jam as I wanted to bring Serena and Allison in (or at least an idea of where they are) on episode 1 as I was wondering all through the canon episode 1, "WTF is Erio and Caro?!" But... Aaron...

Take your time Kha. Good Khrack comes with time, not rushing . Besides, you've already given us more than enough to hold us over for now
Old 2008-03-17, 18:50   Link #22213
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Is that a CHALLENGE?!

Farukon = Shiro
Kha = Archer
Sakura = Saber
Vivio = Future Saber
Personallity wise, the characters are pretty screwed up though. Kha is more like Shirou no matter how you look at him.

Quote:
I feel a little sad that we have to go back to celebrating page by page... Are we in senecence...?
It's the IRC I tell you, its evil. Eeeeevil.

Quote:

Wiki or my friend's informal translations have nothing on UBW!!!

I guess these are skills Kha and Saber learn from Keroko and Tesla?
Well, it'd be hard to 'teach' instinct to someone, so Saber'd be in a bit of a bind. It doesn't mean that its impossible, though, so we can figure something out. Mind's Eye though is actually listed as a skill learned through experience, so Kha could learn this from Tesla. I'd asume he starts out at E rank (rankings follow E, D, C, B, A, A+ (A+ is extremely rare are and needs to meet specific qualifications)) E-rank would probably be along the lines of 'assesing a situation correctly' (Think of it like skill checks for a D&D character, the higher the skill, the more becomes possible) and he would move up as training continues and experience is gained.

Quote:
Well I'm glad for your vote of confidence :3 I hope that I continue to do well with my characterization of Keroko-chan :3

Next chapter has more of Keroko actually teaching something, so hopefully I won't screw up :3
Looking forward to it. What will she be teaching, exactly?
Old 2008-03-17, 18:52   Link #22214
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Looking forward to it. What will she be teaching, exactly?
Basically she'll be looking at what's the original idea of Gun-Kata, and start dismantling it as she points out all the flaws and weaknesses of the skill :3

Edit: Oh yeah, any chance that you have a picture of Syn in her barrier jacket?
Old 2008-03-17, 19:51   Link #22215
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Instinct A:

Same goes for my fic's dynamic duo

And Koji's Air Blade is similar to Saber's Invisible Air

Quote:
Nani?
It means "JUST AS PLANNED!!!"

*runs*
Old 2008-03-17, 20:32   Link #22216
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

Hayato meets his match. Impressive show of skill on Keroko's part (forgot she's one of the most melee of the Aces despite being a beamspammer ), and this time I got to see gun-kata in verse. There are some variations between your's and USB's, but I see how this would work. :3
Well, I just read that story and I have to admit I'm interested in how the depicted gun kata works. Well, looks like it's not wrong to use some of the idea, is it?
Old 2008-03-17, 20:36   Link #22217
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Well, I just read that story and I have to admit I'm interested in how the depicted gun kata works. Well, looks like it's not wrong to use some of the idea, is it?
Wait until later when I've 'refined' it :3

Or at least until it sees real action and deployed in a scenario where it works best :3
Old 2008-03-17, 20:42   Link #22218
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Amen.

I share similar sentiments...although I disagree on the "dying" part. Suffice it to say that "everyone's busy". It'll pass...I hope
*gloomily* Yeah well, I really hope so. I saw this thread ever since it's creation and I really don't feel like witnessing it's demise...at least not right now...it's far too soon.....

Quote:
He's been like that since the start (I discovered this on closer inspection of the earlier pages of this thread... )
I know :3 I was here when Kha first began to form his characters

Quote:

*Starts revving up Red Shift to dodge/parry H4xxbuster Bullets*

Quote:
Back...school life has settled for me. Somewhat.

Lucky.....

Quote:
- Currently working out details for more OCs...
- And perchance a written work or two...
Good, good

Quote:
It cannot be gotten rid of...the dansen is everywhere.
Apparently it is so (I mean, Kamina and Simon + dansen = does not compute but Kha made that into an avi )

Quote:
That's a scary "squee." But a cute pic.
Agreed *shudders*

Quote:
*waves hi*

Yup, it's kinda slowing down here. We're not dead by a long shot, though.
*waves back* Hiiiiii ~ ^^

I hope so......

Quote:
*Drags himself away from playing the -now translated- Unlimited Blade Works route*

Daaaaaamn this game is awesome! Fate route ain't got nothing on UBW. More Archer! More!
Another F/SN super fan?

Quote:
I really should get back to Fall of an Empire.
Yeah, you really should.... I'd like to read more of it It was good as far as I read

Quote:
Revan is the most awesome Sith Lord ever to have walked this universe. He has everything. Cool mask, awesome skills, and most importantly he even gets his own 'I am your Father' moment, which is absolutely mind boggling because:

Quote:
Blame the IRC, I know I do.
*curses IRC for helping in the Fall of Cadia*

Quote:
Yeah well....

Quote:
It's hard to expect something from you to not be Khracky

Quote:
Inspiration will come back to you It always does, doesn't it?

Quote:
Is that a CHALLENGE?!
You nuts? I may have been locked up for a little while in a hospital ward with some really crazy people but that doesn't mean I was converted . I'm not stupid/crazy/Khracky enough so as to try and challenge you of all people

Quote:
Farukon = Shiro
Kha = Archer
Sakura = Saber
Vivio = Future Saber

...Looking forward to your contribution.
I knew all about that list

First off, I need to know if the name Sasaki Kojiro rings any bells to you ()

Quote:
Indeed, and it matched my predictions completely. It shows that both of us agree on what Vivio will be like. :3
Normally that would be a scary thought but since it's for a good cause it's okay :3

Quote:
Yes well.....it's not like some of us have a choice but to endure this, now is it? I mean, the thread's been seriously quiet ever since IRC was installed...
Old 2008-03-17, 21:33   Link #22219
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
@Thread:
Oh yeah, all that technobabble about weapons and stuff. That was a fun "discussion," especially since it basically went in circles for an hour.

Well, if you think rewriting it makes a better story, take all the time you need.

Quote:
Well before you write out the actually scene, do it this way:

Give everyone the technical specifications of the White Tempest first, so that it can be haxx-busted if necessary.

Afterwards, tell the scenario, and what you have planned, and see if it matches with not only what the characters are capable, but along with what has been established as the White Tempest's capabilities.

It's better to give the specs of the ship first, so that we have a base-line to work with, since everyone here already knows how powerful Hayate and the Wolkinritters are :3

Quote:

Uh...huh. So he's some kind of badass, huh? what does he do to deserve such a title?
Quote:
Oh, and she's a lightweight. I don't know about Kyonko, but Tesla gets plastered after even a single glass of alcohol.
Heh, I remember you saying something about that. *begins scribbling "Get Tesla drunk" plans*

Quote:
*Gasps*

[Monty Python]And there was much rejoicing. Yeahhh...[/Monty Python]

Quote:
I'd say something witty, but I think I'll do it tomorrow. :3
Quote:
Truth: Chivalry went out with the invention of gunpowder. Then again, that's what we still have fiction for.
Quote:
When TK says something's fun, it probably is.

And it does cut down on this board's OT-ness, sort of.

I still say the board's not dead, dammit! Rally, brothers and sisters of Cadia!

Quote:
Instinct A: The abillity to "feel" the best course of action for oneself during combat. This heightened sense is now close to precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to hearing and vision.
Nice...a skill I wished I'd known about a long time ago. Good find.
Quote:
Oh, it's not that bad, you just have to take it slow. Had my first drink two weeks ago, I didn't feel buzzed at all. Eat something with it, and don't chug it all at once. Here's hoping you're a happy drunk.
Quote:
You do have a point there. Go AFK for five minutes and you can miss stuff. Easy to just jump back in, though.

Quote:
Really? I thought you might have an affinity for evil characters.

Anyway, you got a point about options. Although mindlessly bashing in shopkeeps' heads can be fun if you're in the right moodset.
Quote:
I slept… allot.

Pause.

Wowww...talk about a bad first drink.

Reminds me of a manga character who's scared of alcohol because he equates it with a hammer beating...

Quote:
Strangely enough I never have such problems playing D&D though... Heck, not even three weeks ago I blew up a Wizards tower, causing all arcane artifacts to go haywire and open a portal to the Abyss (tripple 20's on explosion roles are goood. ). Now the entire city is under a magic dome, completely quaranteed. Nobody even bothered to do a bodycount. Well, nobody except me. Pity nobody was willing to help me, as I would have liked one myself. "That's 9321 civilians, 175 cityguards, 111 outstanding mages and 92 goverment officials. Not bad. Maybe I can break the 20k next city."
Keroko's actions have shifted his alignment OVER 9000 points towards Evil.
Quote:
Eh, fighting dirty has a better ring to it. I kinda like to wear it as a badge of pride, you know? 'I fight dirty.'
Heh, good point.

Quote:
So why are we all blaming IRC and not the Genderbending thread?
Quote:
Recession. Busy people, IRC, genderbending...the list goes on. We're not out of it by a long shot, though.

Quote:
KEIKAKU DOORI...
*mental image of Kha-Light becomes stronger...*

Quote:
Nani?
You know not of "Keikaku Doori?"

Watch Death Note. That'll clear it all up.

For reference, it means "just as planned."

Quote:
It's the IRC I tell you, its evil. Eeeeevil.

You say that now, but one of these days you'll get curious. You will come, and then you will be forever captured by "The Curse."

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
When I read about gun kata, it struck me as a very wonky fighting style. Not unworkable, but not practical, either.

Course, I'm no gunfighting expert, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote:
*gloomily* Yeah well, I really hope so. I saw this thread ever since it's creation and I really don't feel like witnessing it's demise...at least not right now...it's far too soon.....
I keep telling ya guys, we're not dead yet.
Quote:
Apparently it is so (I mean, Kamina and Simon + dansen = does not compute but Kha made that into an avi )
Well, that IS what Kha does best...and he's very good at it.
Quote:
*waves back* Hiiiiii ~ ^^
*blushes*
Quote:
*curses IRC for helping in the Fall of Cadia*
*traces counter-curses with one hand while tracing "turn-into-fish* curse with the other*
Quote:
It's hard to expect something from you to not be Khracky
Like I said, crack IS what Kha does best.
Quote:
You nuts? I may have been locked up for a little while in a hospital ward with some really crazy people but that doesn't mean I was converted . I'm not stupid/crazy/Khracky enough so as to try and challenge you of all people
I wouldn't challenge Kha if he had both his arms tied and was dead drunk. And I'm perfectly sane, as far as I know.
Quote:
First off, I need to know if the name Sasaki Kojiro rings any bells to you ()
Who?
Quote:
Yes well.....it's not like some of us have a choice but to endure this, now is it? I mean, the thread's been seriously quiet ever since IRC was installed...
Oi oi oi oi oi! I'm on IRC almost every night, but I still go out of my way to keep up with this thread. I'll carry it myself, on my own flimsy little arms, if I have to!
Old 2008-03-17, 22:00   Link #22220
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
*mental image of Kha-Light becomes stronger...*

Quote:
I keep telling ya guys, we're not dead yet.
Yeah well... it better not happen anytime soon...

Quote:
Well, that IS what Kha does best...and he's very good at it.
Precisely

Quote:
*blushes*
Awww, how cute

Quote:
*traces counter-curses with one hand while tracing "turn-into-fish* curse with the other*
I got lost .....

Quote:
Like I said, crack IS what Kha does best.
We all know that

Quote:
I wouldn't challenge Kha if he had both his arms tied and was dead drunk. And I'm perfectly sane, as far as I know.
Me neither

Quote:
Who?
Oh, nobody really... Just an extremely prominent samurai that invented the Ganryu fighting style and is most famous for his rivalry with Miyamoto Musashi, another extremely prominent samurai that lived in the Edo period in Japan. He died after his final battle with Musashi on 1612. He's recognized as Musashi's greatest and strongest enemy. He makes an appearance (in name only) in Fate/Stay Night as the Servant Assassin.

I've read Eiji Yoshikawa's work on this so I know my stuff . But that was around 2-3 years ago when I didn't even know F/SN existed

Though....in the end of Yoshikawa's story Kojiro doesn't die.... I read that somewhere else...

Quote:
Oi oi oi oi oi! I'm on IRC almost every night, but I still go out of my way to keep up with this thread. I'll carry it myself, on my own flimsy little arms, if I have to!
If only some more people would do that, this place wouldn't be so quiet....