AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 21:12   Link #1381
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I doubt very seriously that a DLC-only NPC, who only appears in a DLC that is probably about the same length as Legacy (about 2-ish hours at the most), will have a romantic subplot
Pretty sure Sebastian's personal quests weren't very long either, but that didn't stop him from becoming a romance candidate

I hope this won't be too similar with Kasumi's though. Fighting with only two party member again would be hell (especially since there's no heavy-weapons-for-all-classes in DA)
Old 2011-09-18, 14:05   Link #1382
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Pretty sure Sebastian's personal quests weren't very long either, but that didn't stop him from becoming a romance candidate

I hope this won't be too similar with Kasumi's though. Fighting with only two party member again would be hell (especially since there's no heavy-weapons-for-all-classes in DA)
You get to keep Sebby for the whole game, really, and if you want to get technical, he's not actually a DLC character--but was part of the original game that was excised to make EA more money/get more people to preorder.

It's easy to see that Sebby was supposed to be in the game from the beginning. The chanter's board in Hightown is completely useless without him in the game, other than the random quest referencing Sketch from Leliana's Song in Act II--quite a change from DAO, where there are multiple chanter's boards with multiple sidequests available for completion.

Now, I'd really like to get to keep Tallis for the entire game--Isabela can be annoying, and since Veronica in FONV I wouldn't mind having Felicia Day in my party again.
Old 2011-09-18, 20:09   Link #1383
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Now, I'd really like to get to keep Tallis for the entire game--Isabela can be annoying, and since Veronica in FONV I wouldn't mind having Felicia Day in my party again.
She's not going to stay for the entire game?! *horror flashbacks of attacking the Shadow Broker with an underpowered Liara*
Old 2011-09-19, 00:23   Link #1384
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I doubt it, but if so, it'd be awesome.

Don't forget to level Liara up... I've done that, and ended up playing almost the entire DLC where she only has one biotic power!
Old 2011-09-19, 00:54   Link #1385
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I really hope she's a permanent member...

And yes, I've level-upped Liara...most of the time . The problem is that since her mission was so rewarding (free resources, additional upgrades) I tend to play it early so there's not much squad points to spend. And if this new DLC also promises great rewards I fear I will be going down the same path. Again.
Old 2011-09-19, 10:39   Link #1386
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So I guess they're moving (or perhaps preparing for DA3) to Orlesian's plot right now? I hope we can get a glimpse of hints on why Orlesian is trying to attack Ferelden now.
I noticed something about Bioware concerning this. "Think you just did good? Wrong! Wrong! Oh, we played you so hard. Good job breaking it hero!"

Mass Effect and Dragon Age has had a track record of thinking you did good, but ultimately ended with an inconvenience or possible downer. This has to be the biggest, best example.

Execution Loghain is like crippling Ferelden's arms and legs. He was the most charismatic and tactically versed military commander. Firstly he appeared paranoid, and mid to late game even insane.

But he was right. Orlais was indeed making political moves so they could win Ferelden back effortlessly. The alternative was open war.

So, most players executed him and placed Alistair on the throne. The most 'good' decision but the least pragmatic compared to let's say.... putting Anora on the throne and letting Loghain live.

Bioware, the modern troll in game industry!
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 21:07   Link #1387
Who

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker movie trailer
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 10:15   Link #1388
Irkalla
I asked for this

Okay, I totally thought it was gonna be in the traditional animation style, I would have kinda preferred that. Oh well, from what the trailer shows, it looks nice - especially the dragon.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:25   Link #1389
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

On one hand, I'm glad they didn't try to anime Origins. With all the possible Warden origins, romance possibilities, sides to choose and actions to take, a broken base would be pretty much certain.

On the other...well, I'm never a fan of Appleseed-like animations - too easy to fall into the uncanny valley. Until I'm seeing a properly animated face, I'm not convinced.

I wonder though. Considering the title, would this be the story of Cassandra, or just the Seekers in general?
Old 2011-09-25, 10:27   Link #1390
Who

Cassandra's the main character. The story's about her investigating Chantry corruption and prior to her time as a Seeker.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 11:44   Link #1391
Irkalla
I asked for this

Cassandra looks badass, but I'd still much prefer the old animation style XD

Old 2011-09-25, 11:59   Link #1392
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You know, i was expecting an anime like Batman: Gotham Night and Halo Legends not a 3D movie.

Whoa, what a way to lie to us that it was going to be a Dragon Age anime.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:00   Link #1393
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now now, let's not forget that anime is simple short for animation.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:26   Link #1394
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Whoa, what a way to lie to us that it was going to be a Dragon Age anime.
At least now we don't have to deal with any discomfort of style transition that happens when you switch mediums.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:31   Link #1395
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'm not a huge fan of the all-CGI films just yet. We're not to the point where they can stand in for real people, not yet anyway. And I'm a big fan of hand-drawn animation, so yeah, I was kind of expecting "oldschool" digital cel animation.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:48   Link #1396
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the all-CGI films just yet. We're not to the point where they can stand in for real people, not yet anyway. And I'm a big fan of hand-drawn animation, so yeah, I was kind of expecting "oldschool" digital cel animation.
I think we're there... it's just that, they're used so often as stop gap measures or some sort of cheap prop alongside otherwise very clean classic animation it's hard not to have a bad opinion on them. What will make or break it is the aesthetics IMO. And things are looking good so far...
Old 2011-09-25, 21:27   Link #1397
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I like her more with short hair =\
Old 2011-09-29, 02:50   Link #1398
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interview with Felicia Day at Kotaku
Old 2011-10-05, 03:46   Link #1399
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dragon Age Redemption Trailer