AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 50.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-10, 13:10   Link #21
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbob1 View Post
Good thing they decided to dedicate an entire episode to loli rin adventures .

Though I suppose it would be even more odd to had split this episode into two by putting some of it in last episode.
Pacing-wise, splitting this at all would be horrendous. Rin's Adventure was expanded so that this episode would be dedicated to this one scene alone.

Like I mentioned earlier, the Blu-rays should have the expanded version of this episode.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:31   Link #22
Thess

They wasted the animation budget in the absolutely pointless lolicon fanservice episode? Color me unsurprised.

And it's dumb they expanded that waste of time and rushed this one. Fears confirmed.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:38   Link #23
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They wasted the animation budget in the absolutely pointless lolicon fanservice episode? Color me unsurprised.

And it's dumb they expanded that waste of time and rushed this one. Fears confirmed.
Splitting this won't be a good idea, i definetly don't want this to split...
and every episode has a same bugdet,
in this one they spent a lot on Rider NP, thus the first half had a lower quality
do you hate loli rin so much!? that you don't want to admit they done a good job in the pacing?
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:38   Link #24
Archer

Quote:

Rushed it? I think that this was essentially the best that could be done in the 22-minute format. You could tell that there was a lot of heavy editing going on in this episode due to how jarring some of transitions were.
Old 2011-12-10, 14:03   Link #25
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Rushed it? I think that this was essentially the best that could be done in the 22-minute format. You could tell that there was a lot of heavy editing going on in this episode due to how jarring some of transitions were.
But I wanted it split. They could have added stuff to expand it (since they added ridiculous moe loli stuff last episode, why can't they add the same for great kings arguing? There's even a more rich ground to work with). Instead they cut scenes.

If they hadn't pulled that stunt last episode, I would have loved this one. But my enjoyment factor dropped after the filler. :/

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-10 at 14:50. Reason: spoiler removed. 1 day ban applied
Old 2011-12-10, 14:06   Link #26
Auria

...... I don't really know how to feel about this episode. Some really nice sequences (for example the Arthur flashback) but even there saber's design was damn off. ;___; WHY
So, given what they did with the episode last week, this felt really unsatisfiying. But I'm eager to see what the anime-only watchers think, maybe it worked really well for them.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:07   Link #27
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
...... I don't really know how to feel about this episode. Some really nice sequences (for example the Arthur flashback) but even there saber's design was damn off. ;___; WHY
The only character who looked consistently awesome was Rider (and his army).

Old 2011-12-10, 14:09   Link #28
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
But I wanted it split. They could have added stuff to expand it (since they added ridiculous moe loli stuff last episode, why can't they add the same for great kings arguing? There's even a more rich ground to work with). Instead they cut scenes.

If they hadn't pulled that stunt last episode, I would have loved this one. But my enjoyment factor dropped after the filler. :/
It was either 1 episode or one and half,
one and half especially the half is rin, would be ridiculous,
adding scene in rin episode, didn't effect the rest of the series,
but making the 3 king fight more than it should would definetly go out of boundary,
and change the whole series's especially the 3 king rivalry relationship.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-10 at 14:50. Reason: spoiler removed from the quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:09   Link #29
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Rider spoke the truth

I bet the first thing after his wish comes true is to be president of USA

So he would own all the B-2 bombers
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:11   Link #30
Auria

Quote:
The only character who looked consistently awesome was Rider (and his army).
This. Though I have to admit the shots with Iri were okay as well (she wasn't shown that close anyway) and for Gilgamesh one could argue he looks like that in his "Super-Sayajin-Mode" but one can't deny Waver's head was also a victim of.. goddamnit. Maybe ufotable has pampered us too much the last episodes.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:12   Link #31
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
So, given what they did with the episode last week, this felt really unsatisfiying. But I'm eager to see what the anime-only watchers think, maybe it worked really well for them.
I was wondering why Tokiomi suicided the assassins to Rider (was that all of them?). Apparently it was explained in the LN. I don't really feel it's necessary against Rider, who nonchalantly announced his own name, since he's probably gonna show his NB at the next chance he gets. The surveillance feels more important to me, since it can keep Kitsurugi in check.

But from what I'm hearing, it's just due to his arrogance and thinking that Rider is the only threat?
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:14   Link #32
Archer

Quote:

If they hadn't pulled that stunt last episode, I would have loved this one. But my enjoyment factor dropped after the filler.
You don't want it split, since it's essentially a pure dialogue session that you're splitting. If the dialogue is split then the flow of the episode is completely ruined. The only real moment where they could've split the episode was when the Assassins arrive, but that'll mean that Ionioi Hetairoi would've been near the beginning of the next episode. A climax like that in the beginning would ruin the flow of the rest of the episode. If they put it near the end of the episode while padding the beginning with something else, then there's a complete disconnect between the dialogue and the climax which misses the point of that battle in the first place. So it gets its own standalone episode.

What happened here was that ufotable probably did a 30 or so minute episode that contained the entire scene complete with more Gilgamesh and Tokiomi/Kirei, then edited it down for television with the most important aspects. The opening scene where Saber deduces that Rider is approaching was most likely where the actual opening would've played, while the part where the Assassins appear would've been the half-time break.

You're really worrying over nothing, since the episode in its entirety will be released later anyhow. It's better to design for the home release then edit it for television than the other way around, since the home release is more important.

Last edited by Archer; 2011-12-10 at 14:27.
Old 2011-12-10, 14:19   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Then, IMO the second half was worth of a 9/10 alone. The first half was weak.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:29   Link #34
Alaya
Counter Force

The dialogues can be done better, but it's still quite good.

I think many people don't understand why the dialogue is important (from the look of the review blogs). It is a battle not with a sword but with a pride of a King. Three Kings, three ideals, clash with their pride along the line. And their Noble Phantasm's really reflect them. Ionian Hetairoi shows how Iskandar's people follow their King even in death.

BTW, Rider's concept is someone who bully Saber, so I think he fit that pretty well XD

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:31   Link #35
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I was wondering why Tokiomi suicided the assassins to Rider (was that all of them?). Apparently it was explained in the LN. I don't really feel it's necessary against Rider, who nonchalantly announced his own name, since he's probably gonna show his NB at the next chance he gets. The surveillance feels more important to me, since it can keep Kitsurugi in check.

But from what I'm hearing, it's just due to his arrogance and thinking that Rider is the only threat?
Tokiomi's perspective on the other servants.

Saber: She's not defeating Gilgamesh with that problem with her thumb.
Lancer: A mediocre servant to begin with, with Kayneth knocked out and Lancer controlled by an inferior magus, they're just screwed.
Berserker: Kariya's used up a huge amount of energy in the first battle, a big no-no for someone controlling Berserker of all servants. He'll eventually run out of energy just trying to control Berserker and will die on his own.
Caster: Has had his workshop destroyed by Waver, everyone's trying to kill him.

Not to mention, Tokiomi still doesn't understand the threat that Kiritsugu is. Assassin was not able to watch fight between Kiritsugu and Kayneth because of the bounded field. Rider destroyed the bounded field when he charged in this episode, which was why Gilgamesh and Assassin were able to get in the castle without Irisviel noticing.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:38   Link #36
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
The dialogues can be done better, but it's still quite good.

I think many people don't understand why the dialogue is important (from the look of the review blogs). It is a battle not with a sword but with a pride of a King. Three Kings, three ideals, clash with their pride along the line. And their Noble Phantasm's really reflect them. Ionian Hetairoi shows how Iskandar's people follow their King even in death.

BTW, Rider's concept is someone who bully Saber, so I think he fit that pretty well XD
Summary:

Rider: *BROFISTS ARMY*
Saber and Gil: *forever alone.jpg*

Old 2011-12-10, 14:38   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

9/10, i think they should have had tokiomi and kriei conversation in the last ep. Currently it just doesn't make sense for the people who haven;t read the LN to figure out why Assassin came out for a direct attack.

Quote:
Summary:

Rider: *BROFISTS ARMY*
Saber and Gil: *forever alone.jpg*
Saber is only one who is really alone. Even Gil has a best friend he can count on.
Old 2011-12-10, 14:40   Link #38
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Saber is only one who is really alone. Even Gil has a best friend he can count on.
Had a friend. Enkidu's dead.

Old 2011-12-10, 14:46   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
So is Alex's army

and Had a friend is still more then Saber ever had. Saber has followers but no friends.
Old 2011-12-10, 14:47   Link #40
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
If you look it like that everybody's alone =A=