AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-23, 21:19   Link #41
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

milk is bad for you.... unless ur white. I saw some special on some channel... i think it was discovery. The title was "Are public diet msgs racist?" or something like that. The main argument they had was tat milk is generally bad for ppl tat are black, asian, and hispanic. Basically, if ure not white, the growth it gives u isnt so good compared to how bad it is for you.

jumprope and basketball is the best excercise for growth.... or so i heard.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 21:22   Link #42
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

wait a min, did you say you were 16?

geeeeeeez, men dont stop growing until thier 20, and women 18, typically.

also, if you have midget parents, then dont get you're hopes up.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 21:54   Link #43
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
milk is bad for you.... unless ur white. I saw some special on some channel... i think it was discovery. The title was "Are public diet msgs racist?" or something like that. The main argument they had was tat milk is generally bad for ppl tat are black, asian, and hispanic. Basically, if ure not white, the growth it gives u isnt so good compared to how bad it is for you.
Damn you! Drink Milk!
Old 2003-12-23, 23:11   Link #44
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST
Damn you! Drink Milk!
lol. I personally hate milk, and im asian. (asians generally dont go well with milk) so i was glad when i saw that it was actually bad for u.
Old 2003-12-23, 23:18   Link #45
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
ooooh a pro

I'm at my friend's house , he went to the bathroom so i said that I will check my topic
So I dont have the time to write my weights, heights,... My friend is not patient I will answer everything when i get back home.
But, you talked more about weight, my problem is the height, did I miss explained? You can still help me right??!!
OH! my goodness..... height? your only 16? geeze! your still young? why are you worried about your height? omg. Its all in your genes buddy, you can't help it if thats the way you are. Sorry, I can't help you with growth.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 23:23   Link #46
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
lol. I personally hate milk, and im asian. (asians generally dont go well with milk) so i was glad when i saw that it was actually bad for u.
Ummm.. I'm asian and I love milk! actually, I drink soy milk for personal reasons.

Zoro, you shouldn't believe everything you see or read?
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 23:33   Link #47
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Ummm.. I'm asian and I love milk! actually, I drink soy milk for personal reasons.

Zoro, you shouldn't believe everything you see or read?
Well you know those Asians...... they all have brittle bones.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 00:38   Link #48
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Well you know those Asians...... they all have brittle bones.
ahh yes so that is why my bones did not break when i fell off tat car.... hahaha i know we're all only joking. (not the car thing tho! it hurt!)

and Cammie.... i said "general" this does not include EVERYONE of course. Especially asian americans who seems to enjoy milk more now. And soy milk is actually popular in asia. I dont mind soy milk. Oh btw: the milk being bad was also discussed in my health class, and the teacher said that milk is bad for u. Except this guy said its bad for everyone, even whites. I asked him about that since the show said the whties are more "ok" with milk.

has anyone tried goat milk? i heard its yellow.
Old 2003-12-24, 04:02   Link #49
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Bleh. I'm asian and I like milk specially chocolate mlik, but reg milk is fine to. Anyway, try drinking milk daily or weekly and maybe some excercise too. However, some people are the way they are because of genetics so you can't really anything about it. One more thing, stay away from greasy and sugary foods.
Old 2003-12-24, 07:31   Link #50
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I'm bloody sure Yao Ming drinks milk, follow his exemple.
Old 2003-12-24, 07:57   Link #51
Cruzz
Europeon

What's so bad about being short? Frankly I hope I don't gain any more height and I'm far from being considered tall. Added height brings nothing but trouble
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 08:16   Link #52
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
What's so bad about being short? Frankly I hope I don't gain any more height and I'm far from being considered tall. Added height brings nothing but trouble
I'm 6'7" tall and I risk to bust my head with every door I take and low ceilings..
So being short doesn't have to be bad
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 09:22   Link #53
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

*caution* I've read from somewhere else, drinking soya bean drinks everyday will cause some serious body disfunctions.

I'm an asian in uk, they have skimmed/semi skimmed/full cream. My body can only take full cream milk, even my house mates and my dad have the same problem
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 10:14   Link #54
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu_Maehara
I'm 6'7" tall and I risk to bust my head with every door I take and low ceilings..
So being short doesn't have to be bad
Gahhh! 6'7"??!!! Sigh... I wish I was taller. I didn't listen to my own advice when I was a kid so I didn't grow much. I'm only like 5'1" now. Sniffles.
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 10:18   Link #55
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
Gahhh! 6'7"??!!! Sigh... I wish I was taller. I didn't listen to my own advice when I was a kid so I didn't grow much. I'm only like 5'1" now. Sniffles.
Eat veggies, raw fish and lot's of fibres That'll get you to grow like grass.
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 10:19   Link #56
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

lol no its kinda too late for me. I'm like 27 now... my growing days are way over. but i'll do that anyways just to stay healthy
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 10:40   Link #57
LynnieS

I thought that I had read that Asians have a higher incidence rate of being lactose-intolerant than, say, Caucasians. I personally drink Lactaid myself if I have it or skim if not. It's more along the lines of personal preference than anything else; it'll be too bad if I have to give up dairy products... esp. ice cream

ShadowX114 - Seriously, I don't know of any sure way of gaining inches in terms of height. Genetics matter a great deal, but diet plays a part also. I'm taller than both of my parents who are approx. 5'5" in height individually. If you are really short for a medical reason, there are medical solutions that you can try, but unless your doctor is a complete quack, he won't refer you to any of them since they can all cause other problems.

At 16, I was my own worst enemy in that I thought I was too skinny and gawky and hurt my chances with the girls because of my self view. In other words, I wasn't confident in approaching the girls because I saw myself as someone whom they wouldn't like. It's something that I outgrew, and I strongly suspect that you'll do the same. I know that you must have heard of this before, but just act the way you really are.

If that doesn't work, you can always act the way you want to be, and over time, that'll basically take over. Just think of it this way; when you get out of high school and into college, you'll have the perfect chance to remake yourself from scratch with people who never knew otherwise.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 10:08   Link #58
thirdwheel
godless

Send a message via AIM to thirdwheel
Cut your friends' feet off, voila-- instant three inches.
thirdwheel is offline   Reply With Quote