Old 2012-05-23, 20:10   Link #561
CNine
Inactive Member

Spoiler for Next chapter:
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 23:27   Link #562
csuree
The Most Hated™

that is great!... 24 episodes ....this means 'til christmas we have sword art online in anime :P it will be awesome i can't wait so anxious :Panyway reading the light novel i am at volume 6 hoping to finish it this week (so much work on my head... and i am also abroad) then i will read the rest in about a month so by the time the anime starts i hope to have finished the light novels.
Old 2012-05-28, 14:50   Link #563
tomtkp

Volume 9 Chapter 1 Part 1 has been updated on BT.

Spoiler for Summary of Chapter 1 Part 1:

Spoiler for Comments on Chapter 1 Part 1:

And unfortunately, bad news from BT. From now on, the translation of Volume 9 will become very slow and might as well stalled for a certain period because of two reasons:
  1. Teh Ping, one of the translators of SAO in BT had quitted the translation of SAO and also took an indefinite leave from BT because apparently he received insults and death threats (judging from the comments within the BT community, I might misunderstand something) from some impatient readers.
  2. BeginnerXP, another translator who was translating Volume 9 until now, also took a break from translating (don't know whether it will be a short or long break) for now.

So, unless another translator decides to continue what's left, the translation of Volume 9 is stalled temporarily for now. Regardless of that, I really thank these two translators for their contributions and especially to Teh Ping, wish you good luck.

I also want to take an opportunity to call on other readers to really appreciate the translators' work. The translators in BT are volunteers who really devote their time for the readers' sake. They do not receive even one cent for their work. So please appreciate them before we are losing them for good.

EDIT: Teh_Ping is back and BeginnerXP is just taking a break after finishing his job, not quitting SAO.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-06-05 at 13:27.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 15:18   Link #564
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Volume 9 Chapter 1 Part 1 has been updated on BT.

Spoiler for Summary of Chapter 1 Part 1:

Spoiler for Comments on Chapter 1 Part 1:
Detailed descriptions on his surroundings huh? That will be a wonderful trip for the mind to imagine.

Quote:
Spoiler for space:
Death threats? Really some people these days...

Well translators always have my deepest gratitude for what they do.

I wish you the best of luck Teh_Ping! Thank you for all the translations you did for SAO and your other projects as well!
I don't know if BeginnerXP visits this forum/thread..but anyway thank you for translating SAO up to this point! (from whenever you started.)

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2012-05-28 at 15:49.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 15:30   Link #565
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
[*]Teh Ping, one of the translators of SAO in BT had quitted the translation of SAO and also took an indefinitely leave from BT because apparently he received insults and death threats (judging from the comments within the BT community, I might misunderstand something) from some impatient readers.
Good for him! I can only hope this teaches those impatient twits something. (It won't, and I can only imagine the harassment he/she is going to get for the first little while)
Old 2012-05-28, 15:40   Link #566
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
And unfortunately, bad news from BT. From now on, the translation of Volume 9 will become very slow and might as well stalled for a certain period because of two reasons:
  1. Teh Ping, one of the translators of SAO in BT had quitted the translation of SAO and also took an indefinitely leave from BT because apparently he received insults and death threats (judging from the comments within the BT community, I might misunderstand something) from some impatient readers.
  2. BeginnerXP, another translator who was translating Volume 9 until now, also took a break from translating (don't know whether it will be a short or long break) for now.

So, unless another translator decides to continue what's left, the translation of Volume 9 is stalled temporarily for now. Regardless of that, I really thank these two translators for their contributions and especially to Teh Ping, wish you good luck.

I also want to take an opportunity to call on other readers to really appreciate the translators' work. The translators in BT are volunteers who really devote their time for the readers' sake. They do not receive even one cent for their work. So please appreciate them before we are losing them for good.
Insults and death threats? I usually refrain from using foul language; but fuck it, what kind of petty, ungrateful, self-important asshole would one have to be to believe that insulting and threatening the very person who brings us SAO will help in any way? Those people, whoever they hell they are, bring retardation to a whole new level.

What ever happened to praising and thanking translators for their hard work? Having had translated some text from my mother tongue to English over the past few years, I know exactly how difficult and time taking it can be to translate something. But eh, ungrateful readers will be ungrateful; there’s no changing that.

My most sincere thanks go out to both The_Ping and BeginnerXP; you two have done all SAO fans a great service by translating the light novels. I wish you two the best of luck in all your future endeavours.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:14   Link #567
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I've been considering reading this for a while now after hearing so much about it...but got a simple and quick question to tip the scale a bit: Is there any NTR (mild to strong) anywhere in the novel?

Thank you in advanced.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:15   Link #568
reccaryu

I would like to thank The_Ping and BeginnerXP for all their hardwork on the translations.

I think that people should be thankful that someone is willing to take time out of their own lives to translate for other people. It is very sad that some people would give death threats to people who are doing something for free.
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:16   Link #569
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I've been considering reading this for a while now after hearing so much about it...but got a simple and quick question to tip the scale a bit: Is there any NTR (mild to strong) anywhere in the novel?

Thank you in advanced.
You totally should!

Unforunately, there is. I'm afraid I can't comment on how bad it is because I have yet to read that volume, but from what I've heard about it, I'd say it's fairly mild. x:
Old 2012-05-28, 17:21   Link #570
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
You totally should!

Unforunately, there is. I'm afraid I can't comment on how bad it is because I have yet to read that volume, but from what I've heard about it, I'd say it's fairly mild. x:
Well that somewhat tips the scales in the wrong direction...
My problem is that, there's a lot of material to read and from the looks of things I'll surely get very much into the story from the get go. However these days NTR, even mild NTR, makes me rage so much that it makes me quit whole series over it...making any enjoyment I've had from it...null.

Guess I'll put it in the "Read if there's nothing else" pile until further notice...
Old 2012-05-28, 17:25   Link #571
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Well that somewhat tips the scales in the wrong direction...
My problem is that, there's a lot of material to read and from the looks of things I'll surely get very much into the story from the get go. However these days NTR, even mild NTR, makes me rage so much that it makes me quit whole series over it...making any enjoyment I've had from it...null.

Guess I'll put it in the "Read if there's nothing else" pile until further notice...
Well, if it's any consolation, the character that attempts it/does it gets his just desserts.
Old 2012-05-28, 18:09   Link #572
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Well, if it's any consolation, the character that attempts it/does it gets his just desserts.
That may help a bit...maybe put it near the top of the "Read if there's nothing else" pile.

But is it just an attempt at NTR or actual NTR? Cause the first I can handle...
Old 2012-05-28, 19:20   Link #573
sky black swordman

Teh Ping I would like to thank you for all of your hard from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for us fans of the LN's you translated.

And to BeginnerXP sa well thank for all your hard in what do for fans of LN's.

Randrak42 There is someone on this tread that goes berserk when NTR is mentioned.

And in vol 4 and 6 there was someting that like NTR but it was more like sexual assault then NTR.
If you what to know where ask someone.
Old 2012-05-28, 19:27   Link #574
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Randrak42 There is someone on this tread that goes berserk when NTR is mentioned.
Everyone should...what? >.>

Quote:
And in vol 4 and 6 there was someting that like NTR but it was more like sexual assault then NTR.
If you what to know where ask someone.
Hmm...I can live with that. NTR and just sexual assault are completely different things (to a certain point at least) so...top of the pile!
Old 2012-05-28, 19:41   Link #575
sky black swordman

Quote:
Everyone should...what? >.>

Hmm...I can live with that. NTR and just sexual assault are completely different things (to a certain point at least) so...top of the pile!
Yeah I know I get pissed when I see that or read it in this case. After reading it I was so pissed that I hoped they put the guy in vol 4 on death row.
The guy from vol 6 also pissed me off but the scene from vol 4 pissed me of more.

Here read for your self Vol 4 Chapter 8 its should below the pics of Kirito, Asuna, and Yui.
And vol 6 Chapter 15 just read the whole.
Old 2012-05-28, 20:02   Link #576
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Its not ntr, just attempted sexual assault and kidnapping
Teh_ping dropped SAO? Ah thats sad
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:03   Link #577
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah I know I get pissed when I see that or read it in this case. After reading it I was so pissed that I hoped they put the guy in vol 4 on death row.
The guy from vol 6 also pissed me off but the scene from vol 4 pissed me of more.

Here read for your self Vol 4 Chapter 8 its should below the pics of Kirito, Asuna, and Yui.
And vol 6 Chapter 15 just read the whole.
Ok, skimmed through them...it's pretty mild so I'm ok with it...

Let us begin reading SAO!!!

Thank you
Old 2012-05-29, 05:26   Link #578
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
  1. Teh Ping, one of the translators of SAO in BT had quitted the translation of SAO and also took an indefinite leave from BT because apparently he received insults and death threats (judging from the comments within the BT community, I might misunderstand something) from some impatient readers.
It is sad to see that some people mistake translators as bots whose only duty is to translate their manga/LN/etc.

Thanks Teh Ping for all your hard work, especially on To aru, IS and SAO, I really enjoyed reading them. Hope you can take a long rest.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:13   Link #579
CNine
Inactive Member

^don't condemn people to their death bed yet

BTW Giga cedar is....
Spoiler for THIS IS SPOILER YOU KNOW!:
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 23:38   Link #580
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
It is sad to see that some people mistake translators as bots whose only duty is to translate their manga/LN/etc.

Thanks Teh Ping for all your hard work, especially on To aru, IS and SAO, I really enjoyed reading them. Hope you can take a long rest.
I only took a bullet to the head. I'm not dead yet.

You can count out the other translators listed on B-T because none of them had been active ever since I joined this project.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality