AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 19:53   Link #5101
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Then answer me this. Let's say Munakata is a Minus, why did Kumagawa attack him when he did? Why hasn't Munakata changed classes? Why doesn't Munakata affect the people around him like a Minus does? Why does the fact that
Spoiler for spoilers:
I know he isn't a true minus but considering him an abnormal seems laughable at best. For all intents and purposes outside of how he acquired the ability he's a "minus" by it's definition. He's so close it's almost instinguishable.

Really, I mean really there's no way in hell that ability can be considered a plus or a positive ability it's like saying constantly having to hold yourself back from destroying all your loved ones and erasing every single happy memory you have ever had is a good ability. I mean really? No one else has to deal with that crap how the hell does contantly having to prevent yourself from doing that crap count as an ability people would want to have.

There's a reason why Kumagawa a minus thought he was one. I just don't get why people assumed he was pretty much just a regular abnormal when he has all of one similarity with them.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:00   Link #5102
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I know he isn't a true minus but considering him an abnormal seems laughable at best.

Really, I mean really there's no way in hell that ability can be considered a plus or a positive ability it's like saying constantly having to hold yourself back from destroying all your loved and erase every single happy memory you have ever had is a good ability. I mean really? No one else has to deal with that crap how the hell does contsnatly having to prevent yourself from doing that crap count as an ability people would want to have.
You seem to forget how positive everyone elses abilities are. Like how Yukuhashi's ability to read everyone's minds has no limit... so he hears everyone's minds even when he doesn't want to, to the point where it haunts him... oh wait.

Or how Oudo's lack of control has led to himself being controlled by the ability.
As well as Takachiho who's never been touched because of his autopilot ability.

You see, the way abnormalities work is that they present themselves as abilities with inherent flaws.
Abilities that present themselves as positive have negative flaws. Abilities that present themselves as negative have positive flaws.
That's why it's abnormal.

Minus are completely negative.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:02   Link #5103
sungreentakeo

Quote:
You seem to forget how positive everyone elses abilities are. Like how Yukuhashi's ability to read everyone's minds has no limit... so he hears everyone's minds even when he doesn't want to, to the point where it haunts him... oh wait.

Or how Oudo's lack of control has led to himself being controlled by the ability.

You see, the way abnormalities work is that they present themselves as abilities with inherent flaws.
Abilities that present themselves as positive have negative flaws. Abilities that present themselves as negative have positive flaws.

That's a very interesting analysis.
sungreentakeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:07   Link #5104
[HearT]

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungreentakeo View Post
That's a very interesting analysis.
I agree! Do more awesome analysis' Sadsack XD you make insanely awesomely interesting points
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:08   Link #5105
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

You just countered your own arguement. Minus do have positive flaws All fictions heals, encounter can be used to protect your friends rotting minus can be used for plants etc. This was made abundantly clear in the Minus 13 arc. His ability works exactly like a minus. His ability is in actuality far more negative than all of theirs bar scar lady. Minus's can be used for good, the only good thing he can do is hold himself back which isn't exactly good at all, it's simply preventing yourself from doing harm to others.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:12   Link #5106
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
You just countered your own arguement. Minus do have positive flaws All fictions heals. encounter can be used to protect your friends rotting minus can be used for plants etc. His ability works exactly like a minus.
No, the abilities are all negative, the abilities don't have a built in flaw that counters the negativity, it's always negative. It's how they decide to use them that can determine their positive use, but it doesn't change the fact that the ability itself is negative. You just said it, Encounter being used to protect your friend is a choice that HE can make. All Fiction can only be used as healing when HE chooses to make it so. Raffraffelesia can be used for plants when SHE decides to use it for that. These are just different ways of using negative abilities that can prove to be positive.

You can't CHOOSE to fix your abnormalities' inherent flaw. That's why they're all in a similar sort of psychological pain. If they could've, they would've chosen to fix their abnormalities as they see fit, but only Medaka is able to do so with her ability.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:19   Link #5107
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
No, the abilities are all negative, the abilities don't have a built in flaw that counters the negativity, it's always negative. It's how they decide to use them that can determine their positive use, but it doesn't change the fact that the ability itself is negative. You just said it, Encounter being used to protect your friend is a choice that HE can make. All Fiction can only be used as healing when HE chooses to make it so. Raffraffelesia can be used for plants when SHE decides to use it for that. These are just different ways of using negative abilities that can prove to be positive.

You can't CHOOSE to fix your abnormalities' inherent flaw. That's why they're all in a similar sort of psychological pain. If they could've, they would've chosen to fix their abnormalities as they see fit, but only Medaka is able to do so with her ability.
He can't fix his abnormalities flaw he can only he can only hold himself back to a certain degree that's why he's chooses to be in solitude that's why he chooses to be alone and why he makes it harder for himself to kill people and frightens people away. It's no different than Munkae choosing not to touch things or Kumagawa choosing not to use all fiction. Hence why finshing it would make Medaka the perfect serial killer and finishing all fiction would make everything dissapear and finishing rotting minus would make everything rot etc. There is NO difference.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:29   Link #5108
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
He can't fix his abnormalities flaw he can only he can only hold himself back to a certain degree that's why he's chooses to be in solitude taht's why he chooses to be alone. It's no different than Munkae choosing not to touch things or Kumagawa choosing not to use all fiction.
Now you're the one who's not making a convincing argument, you're comparing apples and oranges. We already admitted that Munakata has a negative ability, but it's not a Minus ability. Because he's not a Minus. You said he wasn't a true Minus.
So tell me, if he's not abnormal, and not a minus, what is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take
I know he isn't a true minus but considering him an abnormal seems laughable at best. For all intents and purposes outside of how he acquired the ability he's a "minus" by it's definition. He's so close it's almost instinguishable.
Right, he's close to a Minus, but HE ISN'T ONE. His personality alone is proof of this. As opposed to Naze. Actually, Naze is more of a Minus than Munakata ever was and ever will be.
I don't see what's so laughable about being called abnormal, he has more in common with abnormals than he does with minus. All the minus are weird off putting people, Munakata isn't.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:32   Link #5109
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Now you're the one who's not making a convincing argument, you're comparing apples and oranges. We already admitted that Munakata has a negative ability, but it's not a Minus ability. Because he's not a Minus. You said he wasn't a true Minus.
So tell me, if he's not abnormal, and not a minus, what is he?

Right, he's close to a Minus, but HE ISN'T ONE. His personality alone is proof of this. As opposed to Naze. Actually, Naze is more of a Minus than Munakata ever was and ever will be.
I don't see what's so laughable about being called abnormal, he has more in common with abnormals than he does with minus. All the minus are weird off putting people, Munakata isn't.
Now we're getting somewhere. I never said he was a true minus just that he was extremely similar to one my point was simply that he wasn't an abnormal (at least in the conventional sense) and is most probably something else hence why Kumagawa pointed out he wasn't a minus.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:34   Link #5110
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere. I never said he was a true minus just that he was extremely similar to one my point was simply that he wasn't an abnormal and is most probably something else hence why Kumagawa pointed out he wasn't a minus.
We're not getting anywhere because you're implying that there's something other than minus, abnormal, not equal. That's just wild speculation because you don't want to accept the fact that he's abnormal. No one has ever mentioned or even implied that Munakata was anything special. He's just a regular old abnormal.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:36   Link #5111
Sephiroth1105

With respect, both of you make very logical arguments, but please, shut up. Kurosu, personally I agree with you for the most part. Tenchi Hou Take, I very much understand where you're coming from. What I would remind you is, it is just a manga. A very good manga in my opinion but a manga none the less. If you don't like something in it, don't read it.

But then that's just my opinion. Feel free to keep fighting if you really want to.

Also, while I'm here, I'm on Zenkichi's side. Medaka's always been an egotistical, antisocial idiot in my book. I don't remember who but when this, or a forum like this was started, someone wrote "When your main character's god, you'd better have some really interesting side characters"
Enter Zenkichi!!

That's all
Sephiroth1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:39   Link #5112
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
We're not getting anywhere because you're implying that there's something other than minus, abnormal, not equal. That's just wild speculation because you don't want to accept the fact that he's abnormal. No one has ever mentioned or even implied that Munakata was anything special. He's just a regular old abnormal.
Except he isn't like at all. There's not a single abnormal anything close to him, he's pretty much a minus apart from the origin of his abilities so he may be a not equal, or something else. Whats the point of Kumagwa going to the bother of distinguishing minus's from him if he was simply an abnormal. If he was just a regular abnormal Kumagawa wouldn't think he was a minus and the difference between an abnormal and a minus is the difference between night and day.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:40   Link #5113
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1105 View Post
But then that's just my opinion. Feel free to keep fighting if you really want to.
I'm just trying to defend my point, and it's not like anyone else is adding to the conversation, and we're not really detracting from this thread which lately seems to consist of

- MEDAKA IS EVIL RAWR RAWR
- ZENKICHI IS AWESOME WOOT WOOT!
- SHUT UP PEOPLE WHO THINK ZENKICHI IS AWESOME BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL ILLOGICAL FANBOYS

What's another pointless conversation hurt?

Quote:
Except he isn't like at all. There's not a single abnormal anything close to him, he's pretty much a minus apart from the origin of his abilities so he may be a not equal, or something else. Whats the point of Kumagwa going to the bother of distinguishing minus's from him if he was simply an abnormal. If he was just a regular abnormal Kumagawa wouldn't think he was a minus and the difference between an abnormal and a minus is the difference between night and day.
Sorry, I forgot the part where he implied anything like that. You're just assuming stuff from one panel from a spoiler with little context.
And anyway

"Whats the point of Kumagwa going to the bother of distinguishing minus's from him if he was simply an abnormal"

SIMPLE. He's an abnormal, what does being a special abnormal have anything to do with anything. Anyone who isn't a Minus wouldn't know how Minus think and act. That's why he said it.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:42   Link #5114
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1105 View Post
With respect, both of you make very logical arguments, but please, shut up. Kurosu, personally I agree with you for the most part. Tenchi Hou Take, I very much understand where you're coming from. What I would remind you is, it is just a manga. A very good manga in my opinion but a manga none the less. If you don't like something in it, don't read it.

Also, while I'm here, I'm on Zenkichi's side. Medaka's always been an egotistical, antisocial idiot in my book. I don't remember who but when this, or a forum like this was started, someone wrote "When your main character's god, you'd better have some really interesting side characters"
Enter Zenkichi!!

That's all
lol a logical persons view of the crazy debeate. I personally just like debating even if it's about pure crap it's fun.
Old 2011-10-27, 20:42   Link #5115
MD84

Quote:
True. Munakata does have a powerful desire to kill, and a secondary power -- his hyperspace arsenal -- that makes him a perfect assassin, but he's otherwise a pretty normal guy. He even deliberately isolated himself with a fake criminal record to avoid killing people.

That means if he actually kills someone, it's not because of his abnormality -- it's because he truly wants that person dead.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 20:44   Link #5116
Sephiroth1105

I didn't mean to insult, and you're right, this forum has been vaguely uniform recently. I only meant to point out that neither of you will be able to convince the other of anything.

When it really comes down to it, Nishio will probably throw in some new twist nobody saw coming, spice it up with some jump bashing and bring it on home with finally explaining what is so special about members of the shiranui family.

All in all I'm just in it for the ride so have fun.
Sephiroth1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 03:11   Link #5117
DawnEmperor

Quote:
I'm just trying to defend my point, and it's not like anyone else is adding to the conversation, and we're not really detracting from this thread which lately seems to consist of

- MEDAKA IS EVIL RAWR RAWR
- ZENKICHI IS AWESOME WOOT WOOT!
- SHUT UP PEOPLE WHO THINK ZENKICHI IS AWESOME BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL ILLOGICAL FANBOYS

What's another pointless conversation hurt?

Sorry, I forgot the part where he implied anything like that. You're just assuming stuff from one panel from a spoiler with little context.
And anyway

"Whats the point of Kumagwa going to the bother of distinguishing minus's from him if he was simply an abnormal"

SIMPLE. He's an abnormal, what does being a special abnormal have anything to do with anything. Anyone who isn't a Minus wouldn't know how Minus think and act. That's why he said it.

Lol, I agree. Generally the whole Minus thing didn't make much sense. So it's just "evil" abnormals? Is it the opposite of an abnormal? And then there's the whole "personality makes the abnormal". From what I recall, Munakata had the potential to be a minus, but his personality makes himself an abnormal. Perhaps there's a distinction with having an abnormality/minus ability, and actually being one or the other.

Just a random thought, but who thinks Shiranui should have been a token normal along with Zenkichi? Or at least, not have her classification revealed so early. I think she's perhaps the most unfathomable character and someone who has a pretty consistent animosity towards Medaka.[/QUOTE]
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 03:53   Link #5118
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Lol, I agree. Generally the whole Minus thing didn't make much sense. So it's just "evil" abnormals? Is it the opposite of an abnormal? And then there's the whole "personality makes the abnormal". From what I recall, Munakata had the potential to be a minus, but his personality makes himself an abnormal. Perhaps there's a distinction with having an abnormality/minus ability, and actually being one or the other.

Just a random thought, but who thinks Shiranui should have been a token normal along with Zenkichi? Or at least, not have her classification revealed so early. I think she's perhaps the most unfathomable character and someone who has a pretty consistent animosity towards Medaka.
Well, the way the characters describe it, being a "Plus" means being somehow fundamentally stronger than Normal people, while being a "Minus" means being somehow fundamentally weaker. The Minuses always describe themselves as being the weakest people in the world, despite their ability to kick ass. "Not-Equals" are on an entirely different level that can't be described with words like "strong" and "weak".

I do agree that Shiranui is confusing -- the only things that are certain about her character are her fondness towards Zenkichi and her hatred towards Medaka.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 04:23   Link #5119
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
I do agree that Shiranui is confusing -- the only things that are certain about her character are her fondness towards Zenkichi and her hatred towards Medaka.
Speaking of this why she hate Medaka ...but we don't know why she like Zen so much( I mean...ok she said something about this during the minus arc,but that is it).
We don't know how Zen and Shiranui become friends , I wonder if this arc will answer about this.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 06:01   Link #5120
Tenchi Hou Take

I don't think it's all that complicated way she's friends with Zen. He's basically the only person that accepts her, for who she is without attempting to influence or change her in any manner. But most importantly he's probably the only person in the world who would accept anything she does and still be friends with her(since she has absolutely zero qualms about screwing her friends over). Medaka's the exact opposite as she would attempt to influence her and she most probably wouldn't react the same way as zen if she betrayed her.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council