AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 04:48   Link #161
gaguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
I'm curious to see the reaction from Korea after it starts airing.
Just in case anyone wanted to know, this is the impression I got from the general mass's reaction.

- Omg manga by Koreans are going to be animated and broadcast in 3 countries awesome~
- Unfortunately it's broadcast at 10pm lol can't watch because our parents are still awake! To the internet we return! (I laughed so hard at this. Talk about broadcasting fail)
- Owww Kuro is so cute when she stares at ramen~
- Holy shit the action scene! Thank you Sunrise!
- The tone is so dark...

My reaction:

Meh.
Old 2009-01-06, 06:42   Link #162
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I still need to watch, but Laura Bailey having the leading role ruins the whole English casting.
Uhhhh, how so? She's a pretty versatile VA.
Old 2009-01-06, 07:49   Link #163
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
A DVD hit in Japan won't necessarily translate into a TV hit in R1 (example Code Geass since Lulu got mentioned. It "enjoyed" the "kiss of death" 5 AM slot and now follows Moribito which is not a popular title on [adult swim].). ImaginAsian is putting this in primetime so it has to produce results. So Kurokami got tweaked to be more profitable outside of Japan and still target Sunrise's population demographics.
Maybe in your time. It's 2AM where I'm at (if you're talking about Geass).

For some reason, westerners can't be bothered to buy into mecha or political shows it seems. Fanservice and shonen action on the otherhand, seems to do well.

At least Gundam 00 is in a prime spot.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 09:41   Link #164
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Maybe in your time. It's 2AM where I'm at (if you're talking about Geass).

For some reason, westerners can't be bothered to buy into mecha or political shows it seems. Fanservice and shonen action on the otherhand, seems to do well.

At least Gundam 00 is in a prime spot.
Political shows? like what? Gundam? FMP? Gasaraki?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 13:49   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
Just in case anyone wanted to know, this is the impression I got from the general mass's reaction.

- Omg manga by Koreans are going to be animated and broadcast in 3 countries awesome~
- Unfortunately it's broadcast at 10pm lol can't watch because our parents are still awake! To the internet we return! (I laughed so hard at this. Talk about broadcasting fail)
- The tone is so dark...

My reaction:

Meh.
Meh...you say

Kuro~~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 22:02   Link #166
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post

- The tone is so dark...

My reaction:

Meh.
They don't want their parents knowing that they are watching the program. That's pretty sad.
Old 2009-01-08, 09:04   Link #167
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
it just dawned on me how Keita turning up as a High School student makes Keita X Kuro more probable in the anime than Keita X Akane...
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 10:04   Link #168
attobyte

I wonder, since this thread is in the licensed section, obviously kurokami is licensed. My question is by who ?
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 11:04   Link #169
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
I wonder, since this thread is in the licensed section, obviously kurokami is licensed. My question is by who ?
Bandai.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 11:58   Link #170
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'd like to see the English version of it. But I'm Canada for university, so that's a bummer. Subs are fine for now. Am watching episode 1.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 15:15   Link #171
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

OP was great. Really exciting little thing. (Kinda laughed at the part where the protagonist didn't fight and let Kuro take down the enemies though)
ED... was ED-like. Good enough.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 16:51   Link #172
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=evH68chcYW4

Opening

soon will be av. in HD (youtube needs some time to process)
v1nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 17:22   Link #173
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
it just dawned on me how Keita turning up as a High School student makes Keita X Kuro more probable in the anime than Keita X Akane...
Well, it would be okay as long as Kuro does not go deredere… that kind of relationship is already reserved for the TNO's duo

Hmm the opening is nice, it suits the genre. Looks like at least all the antagonist from the manga will be around plus the new character. I wonder whether...

Spoiler for akane:

The ending is decent (nice song) but a little too short and that style (a character walking alone) is kind of overused lately
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 17:29   Link #174
ThoHell

Just watched this first episode and I'm impressed. I'm going to be looking forward to this series, pretty interesting and the mid-air descending opponent combo fighting was like awesome...... Remind of me like Street fighter/Killer Instinct/Mortal Combat!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 19:43   Link #175
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Just watched this first episode and I'm impressed. I'm going to be looking forward to this series, pretty interesting and the mid-air descending opponent combo fighting was like awesome...... Remind of me like Street fighter/Killer Instinct/Mortal Combat!
That's what happens when the main intention is to make money instead ... art ...

Kurokami is degraded even beyond shounen, into a fighting game

Don't get me wrong here, I love fighting games, but certainly degrading Akane's role and simplifying in general character interaction for whatever reason is just not doing justice to the manga.

I should recommend to viewers to read the source material beyond the third volume (which is readily available in various languages) and then watch the show, in order to see what they will probably never see.

On the other hand (and bashing aside), as an adaption for kids (-13) it's not that bad, probably I could watch it alongside with my girlfriends kid (6), without entering an uncomfortable situation of trying to figure out what they consider as ... OK ... to explain realistically and what to abstract in order to avoid "cultural collisions"
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:14   Link #176
v1cious

the dub of this isn't half bad. if you have Imaginasian, it's on right now.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:16   Link #177
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
the dub of this isn't half bad. if you have Imaginasian, it's on right now.
Yea, I'm watching it on the mysterious iatv at the moment. I was suprised that for the OP they actually had pretty subtitles . Watching Anime legally on TV feels good .

Edit:
Finished watching the first episode. I'll probably continue watching this the first episode was enjoyable (never read the manga). Keita having everyone close dieing to him kind of reminded me of Edgar Allen Poe for some odd reason. The action scene was pretty nicely done as well.

Last edited by Rawgers; 2009-01-08 at 20:36.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 04:01   Link #178
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Oh, wow, Awesome. Really brutal and interesting plot. Art is great, they put a ton of money in effects and details. Just look at this streets, city and effects. So lot of details at this streets... it reminds Kurenai. Obviously, I will stick with this.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:51   Link #179
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So was there any editing/censoring between the 4 versions (pre-airing stream, Japan, US, and Korea)?
Old 2009-01-09, 14:32   Link #180
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Wait for eps 2+, when a lot of your objections should be washed away.
Spoiler for ep1:
Based on the manga and ep1, I expect to enjoy this a lot more than I did Shakugan no Shana or the few eps of Index I watched. We'll see.

I've got to say that I didn't find Keita generic. He is not a generic shounen protagonist, but has some of the great shoujo emotion stuff that Yoshida Reiko can bring. He was too much of a pr*ck in the manga, at first, and this is better, for me, so far.

By the way, in case it hasn't been mentioned, check MangaFox for the scanlation, called Black God...if you dare. Hasn't ruined the anime for me so far.
I'll have to agree on this point...The more the episode went on the more I appreciated the subtleties of his character. He came off pretty generic at first, but as they went about showing his day and you started to see the kind of person behind that fake gregarious personality he projects I could really sympathize with him.

I never read the manga so I can't really say anything about how its translated to anime, but as a stand alone piece of work I found it to be extremely well done. The fight scenes in particular carried a great deal of heft to them...When someone got hit in episode 1 you could really feel the weight of the blow and it made for a very exciting watch.

Other then that it handled some of its more loftier philosophical aspects well I think.

Overall glad I accidentally came across this one last night when I was bored and browsing through the licensed forum...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise