Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 14:55   Link #181
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That's what happens when the main intention is to make money instead ... art ...

Kurokami is degraded even beyond shounen, into a fighting game

Don't get me wrong here, I love fighting games, but certainly degrading Akane's role and simplifying in general character interaction for whatever reason is just not doing justice to the manga.
Okay while I don't disagree that this is being turned shounen-ish, the manga wasn't that far off either as it progressed
But since the start for the manga was on a different level, this does seem like a different start and may go down a worse off route. Though for Akane...I think she will remain significant in a "later" arc perhaps.

Still I am looking forward to this...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:15   Link #182
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah they definitely change many things but I still enjoy the first episode.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 03:57   Link #183
iceyfw

blargh heres a freebie from episode 1. originally it was for myself but i didnt like it in the end.

iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 07:31   Link #184
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Anyone catch it on Imaginasian a few days ago? Seems only fitting that a mostly-Korean network shows this on a super-primetime 8PM slot. Just so weird seeing a brand new anime like that on such a prime TV spot. Even IF it's a back-door cable network that only otakus may know (like me).

Anyway, the dub actually seems pretty well done and the picture is pretty crisp. Very nice job by the cable channel. I never saw an anime being released THIS fast before.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:16   Link #185
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Mmmm, simultaneous English dub broadcast made my ears tingle with delight and surely this dub was pretty damn fine! Hopefully this becomes a norm because now any "complaints" of people about the script being changed to match lip-flaps has now became totally moot; the English dubbers are now doing voice-overs at the same playing field as the Japanese.

And Laura Bailey as Kuro ===> deliciously, cute little badass!
Old 2009-01-10, 11:23   Link #186
NakedAngelX

Just watched first ep, wasn't as good as i hoped. Not even a bit similar to shana hehe.

After 1st ep, i'm pretty sure if i see someone that looks exactly like me, i'm gonna kill him first
Old 2009-01-10, 11:43   Link #187
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Just watched first ep, wasn't as good as i hoped. Not even a bit similar to shana hehe.
On the contrary, this is much better than Shana

Seriously though both series can't be compared at least not the characters anyway (the anime version of shana was such a flop for me personally).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:10   Link #188
FlyByNite

I watched the dub and it sounded good, although if I can find subs easier I may just watch it that way.

As to the content itself... I really hate the change from the manga of turning Ibuki into a high school kid. Did we really need the anime to turn to a character stereotype present in like every other anime? I really liked the Ibuki from the manga. He was presented more of a jerk where-as in the first episode of the anime they hit you over the head with his loss, explain why he acts the way he does, etc... To make him more sympathetic.

and to get away from how he basically sponges off of Akane in the manga, they turn him into a high school student.

I just don't see the point.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 17:22   Link #189
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Watched it last night with subs, because Noriko Shitaya is awesome.

It's pretty obvious why they changed him to a high school kid. They aren't planning to run with the manga plot at all since it's supposed to be a 1 cour show (I think). There's no way you can cover all the manga volumes in such a short time. More ranting about the manga -> anime changes here.

Really though, the show looks really good. The fight scenes and the backgrounds are top notch and look great in HD. Character designs aside from Kuro and her doggie are pretty meh, though.

Besides.

GEORGE NAKATA.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 21:41   Link #190
E_I
Yuri fan

Wow. That was brutal ep. Violent as hell.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:02   Link #191
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Oh... fuck

animuted
Old 2009-01-12, 10:32   Link #192
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite View Post
I watched the dub and it sounded good, although if I can find subs easier I may just watch it that way.
Do you have iaTV? I don't in my region, I wish I could find TV rips of the dub online. Even if I still can't watch it 100% legally, I'd like to watch the show as close to the "legal way" as possible, outside simply waiting for the DVD's in 6 months or so.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:15   Link #193
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I enjoyed what I saw so far. I'm curious to read the manga but I might want to leave that for later. But at least the animation is good so far.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:24   Link #194
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that was absolutely brutal. i can't believe they killed the girl like that. my jaw literally dropped. its the first time i can remember it doing that. what a twisted show.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 01:04   Link #195
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Oh... fuck

animuted
Saw it coming.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 05:56   Link #196
crimmy88

does anyone know how long this show would be?
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:53   Link #197
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
does anyone know how long this show would be?
12 episodes.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 17:47   Link #198
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
12 episodes.
Eekk... even with a retelling of the story, can they even stuff that many characters in 12 episode. Hopefully they not gonna cut short Kuro's back story or something >.<

2 seasons maybe ? 1st season to test out the reactions on alternate retelling before they continue....
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 18:27   Link #199
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Eekk... even with a retelling of the story, can they even stuff that many characters in 12 episode. Hopefully they not gonna cut short Kuro's back story or something >.<

2 seasons maybe ? 1st season to test out the reactions on alternate retelling before they continue....
Come on mate! Here they have butchered 2/3rds of the main cast; Kuro is yet untouched, because before volume five she had next to zero background, only character development, which judging from the casting is not going to get animated

Now with 12 episodes you expect that they will care about 3-4 excellent chapters in the manga

By the way, are the 12-eps confirmed Judging again only from the casting and the first abominable (adaption-wise) episode they should be animating something not even remotely relevant to the manga I am reading
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:04   Link #200
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Come on mate! Here they have butchered 2/3rds of the main cast; Kuro is yet untouched, because before volume five she had next to zero background, only character development, which judging from the casting is not going to get animated

Now with 12 episodes you expect that they will care about 3-4 excellent chapters in the manga

By the way, are the 12-eps confirmed Judging again only from the casting and the first abominable (adaption-wise) episode they should be animating something not even remotely relevant to the manga I am reading
I can still hope right ^.^ ... Since kuro's purpose of wandering around is still the same as the manga... Though it would suck if they changed her background too. At least her personality is still intact

anyway am not hating the anime (yet) since it is actually a decent 1st eps for non manga readers.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise