Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 07:57   Link #161
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
but not the type of show that will probably earn a 2nd season ><
What do you mean "not the type of show"? Just about any show can have a second season if handled right.
Old 2009-01-17, 09:25   Link #162
Eclipze

I was wondering if anyone has a collection reference images or even the actual designs of the ridebacks? Be it from the manga or even designs for the anime.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 10:07   Link #163
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
A little too much panty fanservice bullshit, but the animation and music was really good. I'll definitely be watching the rest.
what

One of the things that surprised me was that, despite the fact they had a lot of chances to pull off the "panty fanservice bullshit", they almost never did it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 10:17   Link #164
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Mecha, Seinen...

uhmm...still not clear, is this some sort of slice of life bout a girl riding her bike or an action-war type anime? Good episode though, I liked that bike. Though seriously I wish for no romance or any signs of it in this show. Damn that guys face is like....o_O?
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 10:48   Link #165
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
what

One of the things that surprised me was that, despite the fact they had a lot of chances to pull off the "panty fanservice bullshit", they almost never did it.
I read a comment about that on We Remember Love. ghostlightning made the point that everyone saw Rin's panties, except the camera. At the very least, that's a different approach to fanservice. Arguably an effective one as well, if you subscribe to the train of thought that a tease can potentially be more titillating than an explicit exposure.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 10:57   Link #166
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Mecha, Seinen...

uhmm...still not clear, is this some sort of slice of life bout a girl riding her bike or an action-war type anime? Good episode though, I liked that bike. Though seriously I wish for no romance or any signs of it in this show. Damn that guys face is like....o_O?
Umm....A mix I guess, haven't read the manga past vol.4 but there are pretty decent amount of actions.Not sure whether the relax parts can be considered slice of life. The plot can be a little complicated at times with my limited runes reading T_T

Regarding the face are you refering to Oka? the dude with black eyes? You should check his manga version Most probably you will start loving his anime version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I was wondering if anyone has a collection reference images or even the actual designs of the ridebacks? Be it from the manga or even designs for the anime.
There should be some floating around in nets, judging from the images shown in the short flash video.

There are some pics in Tetsuro website, not sure that is what you are looking for.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 10:59   Link #167
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Check this page. (scroll down a bit)

Anime version, by the way.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:24   Link #168
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

First ep manage to spike an interest in me. The universe itself looks rather interesting and the concept does too. Military futuristic but still a bit normal.
Ain't a fan of the character design, but it certainly fits with everything else. Wonderful art otherwise. Going to keep track of this.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:34   Link #169
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Interesting concept they have got here, but my background tells me that this mecha is impossible IRL. Oh well, it's just suspension of disbelief. I can do this.
While I struggle to think how they can run a Rideback off an internal combustion engine considering the design of the legs (I have no idea how a transmission can work on that design), and how one controls the arms, the actual concept of the Rideback being able to stand up on two wheels is one of its aspects that's actually proven possible IRL - just take a look at the Segway In fact, one can possibly produce something like a Rideback now, just not a transforming one

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:43   Link #170
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While I struggle to think how they can run a Rideback off an internal combustion engine considering the design of the legs (I have no idea how a transmission can work on that design), and how one controls the arms, the actual concept of the Rideback being able to stand up on two wheels is one of its aspects that's actually proven possible IRL - just take a look at the Segway In fact, one can possibly produce something like a Rideback now, just not a transforming one
Indeed, I made that statement looking at the legs and the hip. Especially the hip. I shudder at the stresses that it has to endure in that maiden trip alone. And yeah, the inconceivable mechanical linkages too.

But well, who cares! It's the fun in the series that matters.

And Mizuki Nana.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 12:53   Link #171
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
And Mizuki Nana.
TRUTH

I initially got interested for the Ridebacks themselves.

Then I discovered Rin was voiced by Nana Mizuki.

Now I watch for Nana Mizuki.

Very logical train of thought isn't it?

*shot*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 13:21   Link #172
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
TRUTH

I initially got interested for the Ridebacks themselves.

Then I discovered Rin was voiced by Nana Mizuki.

Now I watch for Nana Mizuki.

Very logical train of thought isn't it?

*shot*
It was the "Sakura petals scene" that got me interested in this.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 13:52   Link #173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
It was the "Sakura petals scene" that got me interested in this.
A good reason.

As for me, everything about the show.
Old 2009-01-17, 14:02   Link #174
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
There should be some floating around in nets, judging from the images shown in the short flash video.

There are some pics in Tetsuro website, not sure that is what you are looking for.
Well, google + deviantart didn't turn out much, if at all. Checked out Tetsuro's site and found a handful of images, which is good since fan-pics seem pretty sparse (I'm not familiar with popular japanese fanart sites at least...).

What I'm looking for, ideally, would be a full front and side (maybe even top) profiles of the rideback(s). Blueprints, if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Check this page. (scroll down a bit)

Anime version, by the way.
Thanks, those are great references.

Last edited by Eclipze; 2009-01-17 at 14:12.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 15:46   Link #175
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for me, everything about the show.
Same here. Well, except the character designs - that did take a little while, for me. Now I find them rather distinctive, for lack of a better word.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 15:59   Link #176
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Anime design does remind me of Monster. A very little bit.

I was pleasantly surprised by this first episode. World setting shows promise, the ridebacks are totally cool and the main lead is likeable. Oh yeah, Madhouse quality!

Now, the big unknown is either they take a plot and make it good to the end or take more than they can chew (as in, broadening the scope too much for its own good).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 16:34   Link #177
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I read a comment about that on We Remember Love. ghostlightning made the point that everyone saw Rin's panties, except the camera. At the very least, that's a different approach to fanservice. Arguably an effective one as well, if you subscribe to the train of thought that a tease can potentially be more titillating than an explicit exposure.
And yet people still managed to sift throught the individual frames to find a panty shot, so what does that say about the fans? Kind of gives you the impression that there is a demand for explicit exposure.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 16:38   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And yet people still managed to sift throught the individual frames to find a panty shot, so what does that say about the fans? Kind of gives you the impression that there is a demand for explicit exposure.
No not really. The panty shots are being hidden from the viewers, and i like it for doing that, though you can't blame people for trying to look for what is hidden. It's not like everyone here wants to see them.
Old 2009-01-17, 16:41   Link #179
Raiga
tl;dr

This is the most intelligent conversation about panty shots I've ever read.

Then again I haven't been here long.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 18:41   Link #180
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I like it, so I'll keep watching~

:3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen