AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-17, 19:58   Link #81
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
Why does CG Claymore have to be a single movie?
I figured to do a top quality CG movie would take a lot of effort and time so a series would take a lot more. How long did it take to make FF Advent Children?

Speaking of CG movies, remember Final Fantasy Spirits Within?

"Despite aggressive promotion by Sony, it became a huge box office bomb , with losses of over $124 million, effectively bankrupting Square Pictures."
Old 2008-01-17, 20:06   Link #82
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Can't blame the graphics for that though. The imagery was phenomenal. That is actually the reason I went to go see it. Well, that and I love final fantasy. There was just that small problem of unrelatable characters, choppy story telling, lack of plot development and really just being a horrible movie.

If it is just the claymore manga told to heavy metal awesome CG (maybe even with the same voice actors) how could we go wrong?

That might be the only solution for the Teresa Galatea dilema.
Old 2008-01-17, 20:45   Link #83
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

The CG doesn't have to be blockbuster quality. Doesn't need to be as good as FF: AC even. In fact, it's definately unrealistic to expect that an anime with a rather narrow audience range could ever recieve the kind of budget required to make that level of movie. Take a look at .hack//G.U. Movie Trilogy trailer. If it were even that quality(but obviously with the darker and more realistic Claymore style) it would be plenty good. And it is quite easy to produce that quality(I do a bit of 3d work myself, and I can say from experience that while it is insanely hard for one person, 3d is actually a very easy way to do things for a full team).

@Chiba: Yes, anything that doesn't look exactly like the characters really isn't gonna cut it. I could never accept a Teresa that didn't match her perfectly. And I don't think it's even possible for a real person to. Part of what we like about them is from the anime art style charm. ^^

Also, return of the original voice actors would be awesomeness. And that's not something that would be possible in live action.
Old 2008-01-18, 04:57   Link #84
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

I still think there's no way 3d animation can ever even reach the anckles of 2d in many terms....

Didn't say it wouldn't be awesome to see claymore in CG though. I'm just glad they didn't make it a 3D ANIME... those suck real bad (appleseed)..

Smasher, you got something against the quality of my photo clare? can you make a better one, I dare ya

Last edited by Mikke; 2008-01-18 at 08:33.
Old 2008-01-18, 07:58   Link #85
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
I still think there's no way 3d animation can ever even reach the anckles of 2d in many terms....
A matter of different opinions.

Quote:
Smasher, you got something against the quality of my photo clare? can you make a better one, I dare ya
Oh noez, I am no where near your skillzorxz but if Clare were going to look like that in CG, then I will NEVER bother to even look at it. You can be sure of that

Quote:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3130/riccigv6.jpg
Disclaimer: Open that link at your own risk. Material may hurt your eyes. ~FaceSmasher

Here's Rricci as Prisci... sorry for the bad work, too lazy... just wanted to give you a feel.
STOP.. stop torturing our eyes!

Last edited by Anima; 2008-01-19 at 06:57. Reason: Just because I care about your safety
Old 2008-01-18, 11:03   Link #86
Sassarai
Army of One

Valdy:

I have never seen a good looking 3d animated series before. I remember Beast Wars from a long time ago but that wasn't too good. The Hack.GU Triliogy seems to be a movie not a series. I have no idea how long they spent working on it. If they are going to do CG I rather see it top quality like Advent Children.

Face: Edit that picture out its ugly.
Old 2008-01-18, 14:01   Link #87
cookiekid16

Question

I gotta a question for you all - one of my buddies is going to do a Miria cosplay of the current black uniform style but isn't sure what hair color shes got as both the anime and manga show it differently. The cosplay is insane - she designed it more lifelike rather then with plastics for cosplay O_O. I need to grab pics because she used leather for the shoulders/neck, belts/etc. She is only missing the wig. Although she really looks the part....as if it was live action O_o, she has blond hair already but not as light as required for the character. Which wig color?

A little Darker or lighter ?
Old 2008-01-18, 15:13   Link #88
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post

STOP.. stop torturing our eyes!
Oh.... hehe, no. I don't intend to hurt anyone here but.... You are just setting me off I think I'll torture you for a bit longer.... Ummmm, Oh yeah! here, this will be your card to the raki fan club.... lol

Old 2008-01-18, 17:08   Link #89
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

@cookiekid16: I think a little darker than both would be better. I'd be interested in seeing the result but I am afraid I might regret it because cosplay usually ends up bad. Nothing personal tho.

@Mikke: -.-

Last edited by Anima; 2008-01-19 at 06:57.
Old 2008-01-18, 18:38   Link #90
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think the darker one works better too. I am excited to see pictures. Who are you going as cookiekid?
Old 2008-01-18, 20:08   Link #91
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Valdy:

I have never seen a good looking 3d animated series before. I remember Beast Wars from a long time ago but that wasn't too good. The Hack.GU Triliogy seems to be a movie not a series. I have no idea how long they spent working on it. If they are going to do CG I rather see it top quality like Advent Children.
True. Neither have I. Beast Wars was horrible by modern standards, but it WAS made like 8 years ago after all >.<

My point about .hack//GU was that that level of CG is quite easy to do. Significantly higher budget requirements than normal anime, but definately no where near the budget of live action. I'd rather see CG of that quality than a Live Action which would most likely be an abomination to the Claymore name.

But if we are just wildly speculating and dreaming, then sure, why not dream big. I guess I was just being realistic. Silly me

Realistically, neither a high-budget Live Action or Maximum quality CG Series is EVER going to happen. No chance
Old 2008-01-18, 20:13   Link #92
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Did you guys never see ReBoot? Check it out on youtube if you want to know what a 3D series really is capable of.

But yeah unless they start producing some lower end high accuracy motion capture systems and more affordable rendering farms full series 3D awesomeness might be a little ways off. But by the time the manga is finished who knows?
Old 2008-01-18, 20:40   Link #93
Sassarai
Army of One

Aww that's the other 3d series I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name. For some strange reason I thought it was call Johnny Turbo and Googled it but to no avail....

Yes in the future we will be going "Remember those days when we used to watch cartoons in 2D?. Those were the days. Advent Children sure has some bad CGs."

As for the Miria wig the one on the right.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2008-01-18 at 20:55.
Old 2008-01-18, 23:06   Link #94
cookiekid16

I have no idea who i would cosplay...yet. I'm still thinking, i'm more of a photographer but you never know...anything is possible.

Quote:

Realistically, neither a high-budget Live Action or Maximum quality CG Series is EVER going to happen. No chance
Well i wouldn't say "high-budget" because then you're just dreaming. All you need is a good director, camera, lighting/etc. The baiscs. If you go High Budget you are talking mostly CG effects. I would say shoot small for a production rather then super high budget - go for something like Buffy or Angel, film it differently and see how audiences like it.
Old 2008-01-18, 23:29   Link #95
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Well, the whole high-budget part comes from the idea of having big name actors in it

However, I'd say Buffy and Angel were alot higher budget than anything Claymore could ever get. Claymore is aimed at a rather narrow audience, the profit expectations in the US(probably the only place a live action Claymore would be made) would be quite low. Any major network probably wouldn't even consider producing it.
Old 2008-01-19, 05:50   Link #96
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
However, I'd say Buffy and Angel were alot higher budget than anything Claymore could ever get. Claymore is aimed at a rather narrow audience, the profit expectations in the US(probably the only place a live action Claymore would be made) would be quite low. Any major network probably wouldn't even consider producing it.
Now that you mentioned Buffy & Angel, I don't see why Claymore would be considered to have any more gore or violence. Buffy execute vampires using medieval weapons. Angel does the same thing except I see Angel much more like Claymore given the fact the protagonist is a monster himself and all his friends aren't normal as well.

Both Angel & Buffy are popular I don't see how Claymore wouldn't work especially when the story revolves around pretty blonde young girls wearing skin-tight outfits (I know it's laughable but this is our world :\)

Off Topic: First post after changing my username from FaceSmasher to Anima. What do you think?
Old 2008-01-19, 06:29   Link #97
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Realistically, neither a high-budget Live Action or Maximum quality CG Series is EVER going to happen.

Yup! so we should get back on topic and do some more horrible photoshoping and bad casting for a live action movie since that's what this thread is about!

ps: theartistformerlyknownasSmashface, no. Well maybe if you use my avatar
Old 2008-01-19, 15:40   Link #98
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Aaaanways...... I think we started this thread cuz we wanted to discuss REAL people. remember? LIVE action.... ne?

If you ask me it would look really lame to see real chicks in action as claymores. It would have to be at least 50% CG anyhow, just like spider man. it's still cool to speculate about the right actresses and actors.

Anyone seen "The Woods"? That creepy movie about the witches school..? Raches Nichols as the tall blond chick should be galatea.
Old 2008-01-19, 17:25   Link #99
koffy
beggar

Quote:
Anyone seen "The Woods"? That creepy movie about the witches school..? Raches Nichols as the tall blond chick should be galatea.
.. I seen it magical sprigs!!! Anyway agreed about Rachel Nichols
Old 2008-01-19, 19:01   Link #100
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

@Sassarai: NEVER! Not even in your wildest dreams!

@Mikke: Pictures please.
Closed Thread