AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 37.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-01, 05:02   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

AAAHHH!!! LOOOL!!!

That was funny. Other than the above reference (which near knocked me off my chair) there were so many funny moments in this ep, especially the way Zange's plan to get everyone to stop thinking Jin is gay totally backfired. Tsugumi's firmed her position as the most moe character in this show (although Nagi is still the funniest with Takako a close second), and they were still able to find time to add to Jin's character by fleshing out his past. All in all, a very good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If this level of quality and interest keeps up, I really am going to have to go back to ANN and upgrade my rating from excellent to masterpiece.
Masterpiece? Let's not go overboard. It's good, but it's not that good.
Old 2008-12-01, 05:40   Link #22
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I read somewhere that this episode is once again, filler that was not in the original source material. Which makes me wonder; if Yamakan is able to come up with such awesome filler, what else could he be capable of?

9/10.
Old 2008-12-01, 07:14   Link #23
neshru

Pretty good episode. The impressive animation quality of the initial episodes seems gone, but at least the show is fun now.
The scene where Tsugumi freaks out after staring at Jin's naked body for 10 seconds was so retarded though.
Old 2008-12-01, 08:16   Link #24
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
I thought that too.

Actually the whole scene was pretty remarkable. The whole time Nagi wasn't involved in the "going out with Jin" part, but when Jin was about to choose Tsugumi she stopped him and came up with another idea. In one way you can say, that this was symbolic, because without Nagi the possibilty is very high, that Jin would end up with Tsugumi. On the other hand you can interpret this as some kind of jealousy. Nagi didn't want Jin to go out with Tsugumi and so she stopped him.
Old 2008-12-01, 08:30   Link #25
typhonsentra

I liked how the two seniors tried to rap Akiba into the relationship too at the end.
Old 2008-12-01, 08:30   Link #26
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My... I knew that some of the people that were involved with the To Heart game played a part in the episode, but the little flashback scene with Tsugumi and Jin as kids reminded me a LOT of the opening parts of the original To Heart anime (one of the few instances, not counting the horrific RMM, where the childhood friend utterly utterly CRUSHES most of the competition)... But in reverse. Instead of the expected Hiro-comforting-Akari parallel, we have Tsugumi comforting Jin instead.

Ah the first To Heart anime. Good times, even better memories.
Old 2008-12-01, 09:05   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This episode made me like Tsugomi even more. She reminds me of a same female childhood friend I have, equally klutzy and dense.

And this week's ED pic is epic.
Old 2008-12-01, 09:27   Link #28
Kushi

I didn't like this episode too much... not enough Nagi in it mainly felt like a filler episode talking about Tsugomi x Jin. [which I totally don't support!] Either way I give it a 8 out of 10 not enough Nagi however it's still entertaining
Old 2008-12-01, 10:28   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
I didn't like this episode too much... not enough Nagi in it mainly felt like a filler episode talking about Tsugomi x Jin. [which I totally don't support!] Either way I give it a 8 out of 10 not enough Nagi however it's still entertaining
Even though there is a Nagi panty shot scene?
Old 2008-12-01, 11:00   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I read somewhere that this episode is once again, filler that was not in the original source material. Which makes me wonder; if Yamakan is able to come up with such awesome filler, what else could he be capable of?

9/10.
Actually, I think this was in the manga. (think=not able to check the manga at moment)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-01, 11:46   Link #31
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Good Ep. Tsugumi is cute as hell. She's up there on my list only below to Nagi's on my fave female char on this show. 3rd would be the Art club president. Zange comes forth lol.

Q. Is this a manga material or an anime original episode?
Old 2008-12-01, 13:33   Link #32
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

To be honest this episode is probably one of the first where I didn't enjoy every minute of it, even if it was Tsugumi-centered. Don't get me wrong though, still a good episode, just not up to par with the previous eight.

The whole Jin/Tsugumi conversation was cute, but I really wish a certain someone didn't interfere with Jin's choice in the end. >_>
Old 2008-12-01, 13:55   Link #33
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Tsugumi always appears to me as a normal girl that is a little naughty inside, but tries and be a good 'innocent' girl, somewhat a confused girl. Somehow I can relate to her.

Lol at Tsugumi seeing Jin naked...and her eyes rolled to 'that' part. And her description of it being 'ordinary'.

Looks like ALL girls must love yaoi/homo (As said by Ohno from Genshiken), including Tsugumi who went for more yaoi.

I Agree with Akiba-kun, I check out all artist artwork despite what genre they do. One of my favourite art style is moe/eroge, despite it's hentai, the 'clean' art are still one of my favourite art style. Takako knowing more otaku volcab then Akiba-kun? ^_^'' She's on the road to be a fujoshi ~
Old 2008-12-01, 15:39   Link #34
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Very good epsiode, jokes are good as before. Now next episode will continue this interesting situation.

9 out of 10 : Excellent.
Old 2008-12-01, 15:47   Link #35
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn this episode is too funny . Damn Nagi should've of shut up I wonder what Tsugumi reaction will be when He chose her. Now everybody thinks Jin like both sexes.
Old 2008-12-01, 15:51   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
....Masterpiece? Let's not go overboard. It's good, but it's not that good.
Yes, well, that was probably just a moment of over-enthusiasm. But we'll see.... The comic characters and comic animation are about as good as they could be, for me. There isn't much depth to this show, but perhaps there is such a thing as a shallow masterpiece, lol.

I rank Simoun, NANA, and maybe even SHnY as masterpieces, in their different ways. But not Evangelion or FMA, so perhaps my standards are just weird. My favorite comedy anime, Ichigo Mashimaro, just seems at the top of excellent, to me. I'm not sure what about this show is making it stand out so much in my mind.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-12-01, 15:55   Link #37
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

It was great to have Tsugumi the focus of an episode in such a closeup way — following her around from scene to scene rather than Jin or Nagi, finding out what makes her tick, but...

...it completely derailed the story that had started to develop in ep.8 between Daitetsu and Nagi, which I had hoped would get the plot back on track with someone actually asking themselves who exactly this mysterious interloper into Jin's life, Nagi, really was.

The episode started promisingly enough, but then one little incident, Tsugumi's outburst in the corridor, killed off the ep.8 arc in the blink of an eye, replacing it with a Tsugumi episode. The insert with the mangaka seemed to be like they were saying "we started to write something meaningful but ran out of inspiration so here's a filler episode instead".

So in the end I have mixed feelings, I really wanted more core story with a proper continuation of ep.8, but at the same time there can never be too much Tsugumi moe-ness so I can't deny I loved the episode, but increasingly I feel there's better be a second series, since the plot has been spread so thin that they will need at least 26 episodes to get anywhere at all!

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-12-01, 15:57   Link #38
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

9/10. Tsugumi usually bugs me, but she was more bearable this episode. Nagi is still awesome, too... I really like her bossy, boyish personality. And this episode was really funny! I wish we could have seen more of Daitetsu's reactions, but the little that there was made me laugh.
Old 2008-12-01, 18:16   Link #39
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, well, that was probably just a moment of over-enthusiasm. But we'll see.... The comic characters and comic animation are about as good as they could be, for me. There isn't much depth to this show, but perhaps there is such a thing as a shallow masterpiece, lol.

I rank Simoun, NANA, and maybe even SHnY as masterpieces, in their different ways. But not Evangelion or FMA, so perhaps my standards are just weird. My favorite comedy anime, Ichigo Mashimaro, just seems at the top of excellent, to me. I'm not sure what about this show is making it stand out so much in my mind.
It's clever. That's what makes it stand out. It has a really good grasp on building up jokes in a sitcom context, and it understands that every little detail, such as where the characters are positioned, is key to the final punchline, which is something that Azumanga Daioh and Genshiken had. But it also has an excellent grasp on the Suzumiya Haruhi/Lucky Star style metafiction sense of humour (breaking the fourth wall, referencing other anime, taking jabs at 2ch). And, unlike Lucky Star, it doesn't go overboard with that stuff, which means that when it does do it, it stands out and it's funny.

Although I think this show has a long way to go before it can stand head and shoulders with Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but (unless I'm forgetting something) it is the clear #2 comedy of the year so far.
Old 2008-12-01, 18:26   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
...Although I think this show has a long way to go before it can stand head and shoulders with Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but (unless I'm forgetting something) it is the clear #2 comedy of the year so far.
I guess this means I have to find time to watch more of Zetsubou, which never really clicked with me. As usual, sense of humor is a hard thing to pin down.

I think you make a lot of good points about Kannagi. Godliness is in the details, and what feels to me like the intelligence of it all. It's one of those shows where I feel as if I am in good hands, that the director knows exactly what he is doing at all times. But he is also very ready to play.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread