AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-28, 03:22   Link #1421
NoLongerSane

I just finished rereading chapter 318 and was wondering on one part of the chapter. I was wondering if Chikage was adopted or not because her master said when she took her in, was she meaning she picked her from the immediate family or from off the proverbial streets?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 05:06   Link #1422
ultimateking

nah she just took chikage into her jujitsu clan, this has nothing to do with picking her up from an orphanage or whatever, bad translation ruins everything
Old 2008-12-28, 05:34   Link #1423
Tri-ring

In Japanese it stated that she adopted her thus they share the same family name, Kushinada.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 06:00   Link #1424
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
In Japanese it stated that she adopted her thus they share the same family name, Kushinada.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. Since Chikage is not of blood relation, if she should fail in her mission, her master would not have any problems of tossing her away like trash.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 07:55   Link #1425
Terrean

The people of YAMI shouldnīt have any problems doing that with their own family, too...
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 10:41   Link #1426
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
The people of YAMI shouldnīt have any problems doing that with their own family, too...
yup, just look at chinese girl aka Spark. I think she'll be added to the harem soon enough
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 16:32   Link #1427
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Hmmm i dont think that is true... the master disiple relationship isnt something to toss away like that even for the Yami masters. They might treat them like crap but that is their way of the martial arts.... no emotions, aim to kill, etc
Old 2008-12-29, 21:57   Link #1428
X_Danny_X

man, i havent follow this manga in such a long time again, lol. where is Kenichi skill's level? is he much stronger like a mini master or is he getting still beat up by Miu since he cant fight girls to the fullest, he loves her and that he only uses Jiu Jutsu against them.
Old 2008-12-29, 22:23   Link #1429
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think he's at least on equal footing to Miu but it's hard to measure since he doesn't fight with girls. I would say his power is at a low level master but without the experience.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 23:57   Link #1430
X_Danny_X

seems that way since he is very good at taking hits and keep on coming, but only when he is capable of showing his fullest skills that he has at the moment, which he cant fully do against Miu since this is the girl he loves and wants to protect.

which is silly IMO, isnt this story of him being the greatest fighter ever? his progress is so slow then if he is still at Miu's level. man he and miu combine's strength of only 0.0002% of the Elder's power. The Elder said that if anybody wants to date Miu, they have to beat him in a fight.

i see this manga going 800 chapters in order for Kenichi to reach the Elder or even more than that.

what is the latest raw chapter??
Old 2008-12-30, 00:30   Link #1431
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
seems that way since he is very good at taking hits and keep on coming, but only when he is capable of showing his fullest skills that he has at the moment, which he cant fully do against Miu since this is the girl he loves and wants to protect.

which is silly IMO, isnt this story of him being the greatest fighter ever? his progress is so slow then if he is still at Miu's level. man he and miu combine's strength of only 0.0002% of the Elder's power. The Elder said that if anybody wants to date Miu, they have to beat him in a fight.

i see this manga going 800 chapters in order for Kenichi to reach the Elder or even more than that.

what is the latest raw chapter??

the Scans and raws are up to date the last time I checked. 318 is where they are. I don't know about the whole strength thing. Think about it. Kenchi has been training for a year. ONE YEAR, and he is beating people that have been training for their entire lives. Can you really say that his progress is slow? I don't know.
Old 2008-12-30, 00:33   Link #1432
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
the Scans and raws are up to date the last time I checked. 318 is where they are. I don't know about the whole strength thing. Think about it. Kenchi has been training for a year. ONE YEAR, and he is beating people that have been training for their entire lives. Can you really say that his progress is slow? I don't know.
Thats because Kenichiīs got crazy insane masters who said that he might die from there brutal training method.

Also if im not correct chapter 319 is out i think.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 00:43   Link #1433
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
which is another thing that doesnt make sense since the Masters keep telling us that he has no talent in martial arts and 1 year he has mastered this.

i guess i am reading too much into that part since maybe it doesnt say outright that he has zero talent, but for a guy to protect Miu, he has to be shown in doing so.
being at her level after 319 chapters still is kinda slow and that he keeps being defeated by her. i know he cant fight against her at full strength as proven by the last time they sparred since he gazed at her eyes and just lost himself in Lala land thinking about her.

oh but whatever, is not like i want this manga to end anytime soon, bwhahahahaha
Old 2008-12-30, 08:19   Link #1434
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Kenichi is nowhere near Master level since he hasn't defeated a single master level by himself. We've seen uber masters and crap masters but one thing is clear no disciple has ever beaten a master without help from another disciple. The only exceptions are Miu who beat a guy whose only master class stat was their durability, Renka when she beat that guy in the abandoned warehouse but he was never stated to be master level and finally Shou who was said to be master level or nearing it I forget which probably the latter.

As Kenichi vs Miu whilst beating her is the easiest way to prove he's strong enough to protect her it's not the only way. As such I expect this ambiguity about their strength in relation to one another to last for potentially the whole manga.
Old 2008-12-30, 08:19   Link #1435
Terrean

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Hmmm i dont think that is true... the master disiple relationship isnt something to toss away like that even for the Yami masters. They might treat them like crap but that is their way of the martial arts.... no emotions, aim to kill, etc
One example was the deamon god fist - he just killed his disciple because he was not satisfied with him. Alexander and God Hand seem to be different.

But you said it already: Thatīs the way they think as Martial Artists and not as human being, considering their family.

@ X_Danny_X

Kenichis improvement is slow, considering the amount of effort the masters put in him BUT thatīs only because he has "no scrap of talent"

But Akisame confirmed that he has an other good talent - "talent of hard work"
And like Tanimoto said it is the effort which surpasses talent in martial arts

Elder is a league of his own, but just think of it what Kenichi may be when he gets that old? Considering all these things, Kenichiīs growth is admirable. And because it is not only in his fighting abilities but more on his inner strenght.

btw, crap... my english is getting bad...

edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Kenichi is nowhere near Master level since he hasn't defeated a single master level by himself ... The only exceptions are ... and finally Shou who was said to be master level or nearing it I forget which probably the latter.
That said, Kenichi defeated a master when beating Shou
Old 2008-12-30, 08:42   Link #1436
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Shou wasn't a master yet though. I really can't be bothered to find a page but when Shou is being tested they say something about his body being unsual and the masters say that masters have such bodies. It seems to me that Shou was either nearing master level or had achieved master level with regards his body only. I wouldn't call that him being a master so Kenichi beating him doesn't make him master level.
Old 2008-12-30, 09:27   Link #1437
Terrean

No but he is not that far away from being able to confront a master.
Old 2008-12-30, 11:34   Link #1438
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Kenichi is nowhere near Master level since he hasn't defeated a single master level by himself. We've seen uber masters and crap masters but one thing is clear no disciple has ever beaten a master without help from another disciple. The only exceptions are Miu who beat a guy whose only master class stat was their durability, Renka when she beat that guy in the abandoned warehouse but he was never stated to be master level and finally Shou who was said to be master level or nearing it I forget which probably the latter.

As Kenichi vs Miu whilst beating her is the easiest way to prove he's strong enough to protect her it's not the only way. As such I expect this ambiguity about their strength in relation to one another to last for potentially the whole manga.

Miu beat some durability guy? when was this? anyway, that is not a master in my eyes. a master is a master. he has to be known and stated as a master.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:39   Link #1439
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
Miu beat some durability guy? when was this? anyway, that is not a master in my eyes. a master is a master. he has to be known and stated as a master.
I think he means that guy that Miu beat before the Boris - Kenichi fight. One of those subordinates of Boris which clearly wasn't even near master lvl.

Especially cause I dare to say with 100% certainty that Kenichi durability was above of that guy cause the masters already even said that Kenichi's durability is already on master class itself to.

Kenichi is nearing master class lvl since his RS is a master class if not one of the highest master class moves. I mean Kenichi / Shou impressed me 10x as much as a master like Fortuna. Fortuna couldn't take out most of Shinpaku while Shou took 4 of them without even sweating so if Kenichi isn't getting near those low lvl masters then I don't know.
Old 2008-12-30, 14:56   Link #1440
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not that impressed with Kenichi's Seikuken. I'm sure once the move is mastered, it's great, but Kenichi's just too easily broken.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen