AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-03, 12:14   Link #21
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
There is a free chinese mmorpg, called fung wan, its based on some sort on of action comic i think O.o
Its called Fung Wan Online ( And i think the chinese title is Feng Yun Online ... not 100% sure tho )
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 13:53   Link #22
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
There is a free chinese mmorpg, called fung wan, its based on some sort on of action comic i think O.o
Its called Fung Wan Online ( And i think the chinese title is Feng Yun Online ... not 100% sure tho )
It is 风云 online (Feng Yun, Wind & Cloud). Fung Wan is the Cantonese pronunciation I believe. They even gave away free CDs with a certain issue of 风云.

Being a reader of the manga, I have an issue with such RPGs based on established stories. Having to listen to people 'brag' about how they are able to kill 聂风 (Wind, who's only lvl 121+ if you believe the site) or 绝无神 (Godless, lvl 144+) with their l33t l00t is really irritating. Having established heroes or villians killed off by 'no class' players really takes the shine off the game background's mystique.

Moaning: 90% of players in MMPOGs do not role play even the slightest bit...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 04:48   Link #23
ShinDragon

The English name is "Storm Riders", the comics are licensed in US.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...737124-8238515

I didn't know there's a online game for it, when did the online game come out?
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 07:54   Link #24
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDragon
The English name is "Storm Riders", the comics are licensed in US.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...737124-8238515

I didn't know there's a online game for it, when did the online game come out?
According to the manga (& its creator 马荣成 ), the game somehow went for Beta in East Asia during the last half of last year 2003. Then it started expanding. Around the begining of this year, it opened Beta testing to South East Asia.

The companies involved are Phoenix Game Studio, Epic One & Eden (Teckwah Online Pte Ltd). The official site is www.fungwanonline.com.
Old 2004-03-07, 19:04   Link #25
eean

On an offtopic note, the engine for the new Prince of Persia was written in China (the rest of the game is from Quebec... I thought I was really funny when Ubisoft had that one patriotic "sweet land of liberty" commercial since they're French, it was for the Rainbow Six game I think). Of course, thats an action game, not RPG.
eean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 01:41   Link #26
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
According to the manga (& its creator 马荣成 ), the game somehow went for Beta in East Asia during the last half of last year 2003. Then it started expanding. Around the begining of this year, it opened Beta testing to South East Asia.

The companies involved are Phoenix Game Studio, Epic One & Eden (Teckwah Online Pte Ltd). The official site is www.fungwanonline.com.
offtopic side note... therez a movie on it too... i watch the movie... by ekin chan and aron kwok... think itz ok... it was quite a hit back then...

btw~~ i got my list up on page 1
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 18:31   Link #27
Link

Send a message via AIM to Link
I play Romance of the Three Kindoms on my PC. Not the PS2 version but an Age of Empires-like game where you build people and go kill.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 17:27   Link #28
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
3. 月影傅説 --simply love this rpg..... a sequel(or a side story) from ?????
12. 霸王別姬--I really like this game.... if ppl heard of this story.... they should know....
Do you know where I can get these two games? Thanks.
mono no aware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 18:14   Link #29
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono no aware
Do you know where I can get these two games? Thanks.
月影傅説~~ for this one... you can get it in any of stores in contact w/ 智冠 wholesales

霸王別姬~~ this one... i will check the box at home tonight.

btw~~ where do you live?

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-03-11 at 23:08.
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 06:35   Link #30
ShinDragon

I don't know where to post this.... but it's somewhat related to the Chinese PC game.

仙劍奇俠傳 is being filmed into a Live Action TV series.
This is bad......
http://www.orienthollywood.com/news/....asp?xwbh=2299
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 23:23   Link #31
Bobby

Torrent sites for chinese RPGs games

Anyone knows of any torrent sites that advertise downloads for chinese RPG games...or any torrent sites that allow downloads of Windows chinese version. Cos I've bought several chinese rpgs and was prompted the wrong OS (meaning must have chinese windows) and so i'm stuck with excellent games that I couldn't play. I've the Tian Di Jie series.
Thanx.
cheers
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 23:56   Link #32
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
Anyone knows of any torrent sites that advertise downloads for chinese RPG games...or any torrent sites that allow downloads of Windows chinese version. Cos I've bought several chinese rpgs and was prompted the wrong OS (meaning must have chinese windows) and so i'm stuck with excellent games that I couldn't play. I've the Tian Di Jie series.
Thanx.
cheers
If you have WinXP, you can simply change your region/locale & language to Chinese to play them (requires a restart).
Old 2004-06-06, 10:17   Link #33
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Legend of the Condor Heroes
Wind and Cloud
The semi devils and demi gods
Swordsman

and its like?

Although a bit boring when levelling up, they make up in effects and storyline not seen in western games.
I also play those games... but the I dont understand the damn language...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 10:44   Link #34
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I play quite some chinese RPGs... but not many are good.. the ones I enjoy include (I don't know whether those english names are official or not)

侠客英雄传 Hero (one of the first chinese RPG I think)
仙剑奇侠传 Pal (the original is the most famous and influential chinese RPG I guess, 2 and 3 are not too good but okay)
幽城幻剑录 Castle (the best chinese RPG in the recent years IMO)
寰神劫 Tie of Heaven (the sequel/prequel to 幽城幻剑录 , not as good as its predecessor, but still one of the better chinese RPGs out there)
轩辕剑 Sword of Emperor (the most famous and influential chinese RPG series I heard, I played 1, 2, 2 side-story, 3, 3 side-story, but haven't touched 4 and 4 side-story yet )
西风狂诗曲 Rhapsody of Zephyr (it's a Korean RPG made by Softmax, but I can't real Korean, so I played the Chinese version. I LOVE this one, and definitely the best in the War of Genesis series)
星辰物语 Arcturus the Curse and Loss of Divinity (another Korean game, the first game by Gravity, the maker of RO, and I really LOVE it too... but the translation sucked BIG time)
风色幻想 Wind Fantasy (I played Wind Fantasy 1 and Wind Fantasy Special, both are great SRPGs with superb stories. but Wind Fantasy 2 is quite bad)
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 11:48   Link #35
Bobby

HK version of the game

Quote:
If you have WinXP, you can simply change your region/locale & language to Chinese to play them (requires a restart).

I've tried it on my WinXP Pro...but it still doesn't work. Not even with Chinese Star XP. However I seem to notice that the chinese game (Tian Di Jie - Lin Chen Huan Jian Lu) that i'm having is of Hong Kong version. Does that mean I must have a Window chinese version in order to play the game? Thanx again.
Old 2004-06-10, 11:59   Link #36
Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I play quite some chinese RPGs... but not many are good.. the ones I enjoy include (I don't know whether those english names are official or not)

侠客英雄传 Hero (one of the first chinese RPG I think)
仙剑奇侠传 Pal (the original is the most famous and influential chinese RPG I guess, 2 and 3 are not too good but okay)
幽城幻剑录 Castle (the best chinese RPG in the recent years IMO)
寰神劫 Tie of Heaven (the sequel/prequel to 幽城幻剑录 , not as good as its predecessor, but still one of the better chinese RPGs out there)
轩辕剑 Sword of Emperor (the most famous and influential chinese RPG series I heard, I played 1, 2, 2 side-story, 3, 3 side-story, but haven't touched 4 and 4 side-story yet )
西风狂诗曲 Rhapsody of Zephyr (it's a Korean RPG made by Softmax, but I can't real Korean, so I played the Chinese version. I LOVE this one, and definitely the best in the War of Genesis series)
星辰物语 Arcturus the Curse and Loss of Divinity (another Korean game, the first game by Gravity, the maker of RO, and I really LOVE it too... but the translation sucked BIG time)
风色幻想 Wind Fantasy (I played Wind Fantasy 1 and Wind Fantasy Special, both are great SRPGs with superb stories. but Wind Fantasy 2 is quite bad)

Yeah I think I had played most of the games you've mentioned....西风狂诗曲 & 轩辕剑 & the classic 侠客英雄传... though i couldn't get to my 幽城幻剑录 (its HK version & i need Windows Chinese ver to play it) to work on my WinXP Pro.
Sadly though some of them have bugs in the game..especially 西风 part 1. Since all my chinese games were downloaded via the Net, i couldn't get to upate the patch cos most respective official game sites requires user to have game ID ( something like that)...
Any new RPGs that are in this genre that are out now?
cheers
Old 2004-06-10, 13:02   Link #37
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
I've tried it on my WinXP Pro...but it still doesn't work. Not even with Chinese Star XP. However I seem to notice that the chinese game (Tian Di Jie - Lin Chen Huan Jian Lu) that i'm having is of Hong Kong version. Does that mean I must have a Window chinese version in order to play the game? Thanx again.
I meant to change your Regional Setting to Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R) or Chinese (Taiwan). As well as adding Chinese(Taiwan) - Microsoft New Phonetic IME 2002a to your Languages. At least that's what I heard of those proclaiming to play the games on XP.

If that's what you did and it didn't work, then I have no more ideas.
Old 2004-06-10, 14:08   Link #38
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think Microsoft AppLocale works wonders to play Chinese/Japanese games on WinXP without the need to change the regional settings and restart the system.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx

also changing regional settings makes all the Chinese/Japanese games work as far as my experience goes (except some rare cases of Japanese hentai games which require some region lock patch, but I don't think any non-hentai game has implemented region lock)
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 19:01   Link #39
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
Come to think of it, there is a series I've been looking around for, but too bad they stopped production.

Anyone remember the Flame Dragon games?
Yes, I loved the Flame Dragon games! I don't really remember the first one, but I do remember the second and the plus. My most vivid memory of the second are the hilariously redundant dialogues the armory merchant say that I always make fun of...and how my two main characters (hero and elven mage) ended up so damn strong they can just walk though the enemy army without worries.

Quote:
The Chinese RPGs share a lot with the Japanese RPGs in that they had static turn-based battles with static damages. In my view since everything is practically fixed, there is no element of randomness or excitement to me.
I agree whole-heartedly.

Quote:
The only time I will bear with this combat system is for turn-based combat tactics game (of which I liked 天使帝国 - Empire of Angels then).
Ah, and the all-female revealing-oufit cast helped too, no?
I liked the 2nd the most...the story wasn't horrible and the difficulty was the most appropriate, and whenever I wanted to hardcore rout the enemies, I can just retreat from a battle several times and still maintain the exp I've gained.

Quote:
7. 大富翁 4-6--typical Monopoly games... i alwayz use Mrs.$$$ you should know if you ever play any of the series.....
Those were great for multiplayers...classic series. ^_^

Quote:
11. 闢歷奇俠傳--more like a puppet show to me... but the plot itz funny and tolerable
I didn't think the game was that good, but since I actually watched a lot of the puppet show back then so I was already familiar with most of the characters already...

Quote:
24. 明星志願 --- superstar wanna be game... very girly... i just love... since i am a girl...
I remember playing this game...a good time killer.

Geez, you've played far more games than I have!
Most of them are fairly recent, though (within 5 years), so I didn't actually get a chance to try them out. I have played older Chinese RPGs though...神示錄, 王子傳奇, 鋼鐵騎士團 and other various translated Japanese games.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 05:20   Link #40
Ending

Not sure do you mean chinese games or chinese/western games -set-up.

Well, doh; I don't play chinese games simply because I cannot understand them, but if they have been translated (c/w) then often 'yes' -especially RPGs (not that there are too many of them either, good at least).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote