AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-26, 05:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black, Episode 08.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-11-26, 11:56   Link #2
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Spoiler for Ep08:
Old 2009-11-26, 12:35   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kiko and Gai next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~!!!

Kiko doesn't look three years older... Eh? Work harder, staff. <--Actually prefers it if she didn't though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-26, 14:00   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kiko and Gai next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~!!!....
As unfortunately seems usual these days, I had exactly the opposite reaction: my heart sank to think that we will get some stupid filler now. Here's hoping they do something better with those two this time than in the first series.

Otherwise, a highly enjoyable episode, with action, events, information, humanity, sorrow, and more questions. Suou and July walking into Ginza hand in hand. "Memory of the future"....

One of my favorite things, as in last week's preview, was seeing Hei eating like the old Hei.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-26 at 14:18.
Old 2009-11-26, 14:28   Link #5
sirn
田舎者言うな

Spoiler for summaries:
Old 2009-11-26, 15:56   Link #6
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
One of my favorite things, as in last week's preview, was seeing Hei eating like the old Hei.
This was the highlight of the episode for me. :P

Quote:
Kiko doesn't look three years older... Eh?
Yea, what the.. :-/
Old 2009-11-26, 16:00   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i had such a huge smile on my face while watching the preview for next weeks episode. It's about damn time.
Old 2009-11-26, 16:25   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8 thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-26, 16:31   Link #9
Lummie

You know?.... I didn't care one bit when Tanya got shot. I felt like she was there the entire episode just to take the position of the useless contractor. The only thing she killed was a innocent boy who turned out the be her boyfriend lol.

I also think that Suou is acting too independently. She should rely more on Hei since he has way more life experience then she has. It's suprising that she wasn't taken out a long time before... but Yin/Hei or Mao had to save her ass throughout the entire serie or warn her in hard situations. Just because she lets herself get fully controled by her emotions, Hei is having a hard time shaking off the CIA/Russian agents.
Old 2009-11-26, 17:24   Link #10
kle891

Anyone pay attention in the preview?

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-26, 17:40   Link #11
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by kle891 View Post
Anyone pay attention in the preview?

Spoiler:
Holy crap, that's true!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-26, 17:49   Link #12
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Spoiler:
He looks like Tomoya from Clannad in that outfit, electrician in disguise?
Old 2009-11-26, 20:49   Link #13
nubby

Yes old Hei is back next episode! He also has his dagger again! I'm not too thrilled about the detective and his assistant being back tho.
Old 2009-11-26, 21:11   Link #14
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and somehow, I'm not surprise. After all, in my experience, ep. 9 is when thigns start picking up, then 10 and sometimes 11 slow things down (if there's 13 episodes), before all ass is kicked in the last two episodes

but hey, the Black Reaper that we all know and love Is Back

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-11-26, 21:21   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yup, it's official. The liquor was killing Hei's appetite.

And I confess; I almost fanboy squealed when I say Hei with his appetite again.

Well, I think we can safely assume that Shion isn't a good guy now. If anime has taught us anything besides the fact that anime characters tend to carry lots of emotional baggage, it's that anime characters who blow people nearly in half with large-bore guns with a smile on their face aren't good guys.

Despite the return of the private eyes next episode (which I've actually been expecting upon their arrival in Tokyo; I'm not one of their haters, by the way), it doesn't seem to be filler from the preview.......of course, episode 7 didn't appear to be as filler either from its preview. Seriously, as short a series as this is, they shouldn't be taking large chunks of episodes away from the story and plot.

Cleaned-up Hei in the preview for more fanboy-ness. Although I expected it to be a bit more dramatically presented. After all, Hei's hobo-ness has been part of the delivery of how bad he had fallen by the beginning of S2, so I thought they'd play-up his "return" a bit better and that Suou would be part of it, since she hlped with his recovery from the alcohol. Though they may still do the drama-ness, and they just don't show it in the preview.

As for the episode, some big revelations, including the fact that it was indeed Yin who killed Norio's mom back a few episodes ago (well, not specifically stated that way, but put 1+1 together and....), and that she's been killing other Contractors too over the years. Looks like the Syndicate may be back to its old tricks again after all. The action was a bit on the slow end being a revelation and focus episode, but no real biggie there due to the aforementioned reason.

9/10
Old 2009-11-26, 21:41   Link #16
Jiwel

I don't know about you guys but the guy hiding his gun underneath the cloth was a bit obvious. That scene just made didn't make sense to me for some reason.
All in all though, the episode was ok in my opinion. The part with Shion surprised me.
Old 2009-11-26, 22:29   Link #17
Knight_SV

i'm not gonna surprise if shion and dr. pavlichenko turn out to be the last enemy, they probably planning something bizzare right now
Old 2009-11-27, 00:26   Link #18
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
You know?.... I didn't care one bit when Tanya got shot. I felt like she was there the entire episode just to take the position of the useless contractor. The only thing she killed was a innocent boy who turned out the be her boyfriend lol.
Me too, I actually felt sad not because Tanya, but because Suou.
Old 2009-11-27, 05:29   Link #19
hei

So the Mitaka Document is made by a contractor who has memories of future. Who else can it be except Amber! Oh, poor Hei... Amber's gone long ago, but he is still playing around in the palm of her hand. By the way, I am just curious how old Amber was when she became a contractor.

Hei devoured food again, but his ability is yet to come back. Does this mean that 'eating a lot' is not his remuneration but just his habit? Then, his remuneration is not known yet?

It is revealed that Yin's ability is to make contractors suicide themselves. But it's still unknown how she can do that. As seen in the Tanya's case, could it be to bring old feelings back to a contractor? If that's Yin's doing, it looks like water is a necessary medium.

The transformation scene again! For that sole reason, this episode is 6/10 for me.
Old 2009-11-27, 05:41   Link #20
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
Hei devoured food again, but his ability is yet to come back. Does this mean that 'eating a lot' is not his remuneration but just his habit? Then, his remuneration is not known yet?
It's been stated or speculated that Hei doesn't have a need for a remuneration since he's not a normal contractor, I guess eating a lot is just a habit of his or it could be the usual gag in a series where the main character is a glutton for food.

Quote:
It is revealed that Yin's ability is to make contractors suicide themselves. But it's still unknown how she can do that. As seen in the Tanya's case, could it be to bring old feelings back to a contractor? If that's Yin's doing, it looks like water is a necessary medium.
Make contractors suicide? Could her ability be the power of persuasion? If so, I'm interested as to how a doll became a contractor and what could Yin's remuneration be, unless she's like Hei who doesn't require one so far.

Quote:
The transformation scene again! For that sole reason, this episode is 6/10 for me.
Why so serious?

Still waiting for subs here................