AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 09:20   Link #221
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I just saw the 1st episode and must say I was impressed with it. At this stage it's kinda hard to see where it's going-is it a romance or an action series-I'd say at this point it kinda reminds me of Kanon 2006-but just in a superficial way-older sister in the hospitial, mysterious girl being hunted by guy with a katana who is taking care of a young girl-maybe Shana? It'll be very interesting to see how this developes.
Old 2007-04-13, 09:26   Link #222
Susanou
.Enforcer

True, as the show is now it can developed in quite some directions. Later today the summary for episode 2 will be up so we'll see then
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:52   Link #223
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
I've seen alot of speculating saying Matsuri is a vampire or something, but I don't think such a cute girl would harm anyone
True, I was thinking first when that sudden clearing sky moment happened that she's evil Mahou Shoujo from another dimension .
But I guess that happened just inside head of the Yorito to emphasize feeling to watchers. Good moment... tear was nice touch.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:02   Link #224
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Her being a vampire makes sense, since

1)she comes out only in the night
2)she longs to see the morning sky
3)she is scared of light
4)she has a stupid guy who wants to kill a beautiful girl like her with some sword
5)she likes tomato, which looks similar to blood k..the last one sucked
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:03   Link #225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Her being a vampire makes sense, since
You know, just because everything points at it doesn't mean its true. Sure everything points at her being a vampire, though we don't know much about that world yet --- she could be anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
I've seen alot of speculating saying Matsuri is a vampire or something, but I don't think such a cute girl would harm anyone
Go look up on Tsukihime. :3
Old 2007-04-13, 10:05   Link #226
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well, since this is a forum on Sola discussion, and we dont know the ending, thats why the speculations, u r free to discard or accept the theory
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:09   Link #227
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well, since this is a forum on Sola discussion, and we dont know the ending, thats why the speculations, u r free to discard or accept the theory
Heh, i never said you couldn't did i? No need to start acting like that. :3
Old 2007-04-13, 10:28   Link #228
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Go look up on Tsukihime. :3
I think that's a good example of how everything can happen in anime Still, Matsuri is LIKE a vampire but she isn't since
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 10:40   Link #229
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ah... you know what is the best part about this anime ? - there will be no freaking spoilers you can accidentally come across, because there is not anything to spoil Your guess is just as good as the guy's next to you
Old 2007-04-13, 10:58   Link #230
Susanou
.Enforcer

Agreed. I like it that you can discuss all stuff about this anime without facing the danger of accidentelly telling a spoiler
Old 2007-04-13, 13:29   Link #231
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Made this "wrong" way, checked first ep then listened Prologue and read through thread. This became to most looking forward on my list from this new season...hmm because this came from behind the tree, having high quality relaxed start, story is maybe not original, but having special mood. And haven't heard Mamiko Noto enough, had to even check her cast list from ANN... and now I get her name to my head . I can't even stop myself from listening that song from Prologue/1st ep.

I was thinking that Aono knew what would happen if her brother opens curtain...he runs to take picture . So no her disease has nothing to do with sun. I'm guessing that she's just anemic.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 14:32   Link #232
jtrog

Agreed on the No spoiler problem. I usually have to avoid the forums like a plague on any show I like till its over. Ep1 was captivating for me, the story telling had me so much I didn't even drink my freshly opened soda pop.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 17:06   Link #233
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2. I still like it. I like the pace. I think the role is perfect for MamiMami's voice. This is why people adore her. The plot so far is satisfying (except for one thing I'll mention in spoilers). I like the character design.

This show is what it is. Someone who is offended by the memes won't like it. But I do.
Spoiler for ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 20:19   Link #234
mouhitori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 2. I still like it. I like the pace. I think the role is perfect for MamiMami's voice. This is why people adore her. The plot so far is satisfying (except for one thing I'll mention in spoilers). I like the character design.

This show is what it is. Someone who is offended by the memes won't like it. But I do.
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 20:43   Link #235
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What mouhitori says sounds right to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 21:04   Link #236
Srin Tuar
無謀

This show makes the cut, I'll follow this one.

Spoiler for ep2:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 22:30   Link #237
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 2:

The background music for this show is superb. It is so easy to listen to that the show is working for me just because of these scores. Episode 2 maintains it usual style of presentation that doesn't try to overwhelm the senses. The pace and the plot progression are happening in such manner that I don't really feel eager for things to happen. It's like one can just sit back and let things happen. I'm sure there are lot of fans who are familiar with those kind of show. Yet, the show does have an underlying plot that isn't as predictable as it seems to be.

Spoiler for episode 2:

As Srin has said, this fact above wins a major prop for this show. I'm convinced after watching and savoring episode 2 that I'll like this series, and it may very well end up as one of my favorite series of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
This show makes the cut, I'll follow this one.

Spoiler for ep2:
Since hardly any of us in the thread are holding back our theories, here is mine as well..

Spoiler:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 22:45   Link #238
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

It surprises me that not much attention is being given to sola, given the pedigree behind it. A writer from Kanon, the artist from Da Capo, and the animation company behind Rozen Maiden. Not to mention that it is an original story, and not a straight adaptation. You would think it would have attracted more attention by now.

Omni from Random Curiosity seems to be hooked by it though, so that will mean more publicity for sola. He's currently writing up the summary for Ep02, and it appears that Matsuri is known as the-
Spoiler:
, whatever that means.

sola and "MSLN StrikerS" are currently the two series from this season that I am dying to get fansubs of. The former for atmosphere, the latter for "raging passion".

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:09   Link #239
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

How come no one told me any positive blurbs about this?! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!

*breathes*

....anyway, just watched the Lunar-subbed Episode 1. This is my kind of thing; KEY-style (yes I know this probably isn't fair, but I don't know how to put it any other way) slice-of-life phasing into weirdness, setting up a mystery which promises a great deal of emotional trauma for the guy, and the girl.

As it goes, while KyoAni's taking a break from the KEY materials with Lucky Star, I'm probably going to use this as relief from my Kanon withdrawal.

Some thoughts:

1) There was one point where I was seriously thinking, "wait.....why is Mana cooking for Yorito? Could they actually be married (OH SHI-), or is Mana going to become a Kaede (OH SHI-)?"

Otherwise, Mana doesn't actually leave much of an impression on me. As it stands from my opinion, she's the most likely to get the shaft in terms of character development....

2) I actually kind of like the fact that Yorito takes such a great interest in the sky. He comes across as an artistic soul to me, and that's a fairly rare type for a male lead in anime, at least to my experience. Moreover, he's not a Keitaro-class wimp, but surprise surprise, he's not a Kyon-class snark, either. He's a good example of the middle ground. Quite easily the most realistic portrayal of the "Everyman", IMHO.

3) On the other hand, Aono gives me (Yuki/Mai/Rei) vibes, and not much else. Not something to attract me instantly, but since it's Episode 1, I'll keep a close watch. The quiet girls do tend to be the ones with the most character development in the end, putting aside Crispin Freeman's proclaimation that they also "tend to be the kinky ones".......wait. Why am I adding that last bit in?

4) Koyori-imoutochan!!! Kawaii desu!!! Can I stuff her in a duffel bag, huh, huh, please?!

5) Matsuri......mystery girl. Not much to say about her at the moment, until I see more of her.

6) Takeshi-Mayuko.....again, don't know what to say about them. Let's see what time would tell.....

7) All in all, has the potential to become quite good stuff. Now I'm hoping this thread doesn't get contaminated by DanielSong39 and his ilk....

Finally, a question. What day of the week does the Lunar subs come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So, I wasn't the only one who thought "Taiyou no Uta" while watching this. Obviously, with the introduction of <insert "vampire" here maybe> hunter, it's not going to go down that path, but I really wouldn't have minded if it did, since Taiyou no Uta was quite a good film. I think I'd have really dug this show if it was just romance and nothing else. It's yet to happen, but I can easily see the action element becoming a convenient, unwelcome distraction.
Guess I wasn't the only one thinking "Taiyou no Uta" while I was watching the first half of this, either.
Although, it's become apparent we're going to have to be prepared for KEY-class weird shit, so I'm not too bothered either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Then again, hospitalized sister did seem like she'd sprung fully formed out of the Random Anime Character Generator, do NONE of these people even HAVE parents? What was with the goth-loli in a box?!
An SHnY reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh come now, maybe this was all just a ploy to test the camera man! Maybe mystery man was working with the umbrella corporation girl to test the camera man's feelings toward said girl. You know, like "see if he'll come to the rescue" kind of thing

And Skyfall, you might want to get some flak jackets. If I take off with this series my zany insaney craziness will find it's way in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Oh, come now - you seem to be under the impression that i mind Posts made by our local lolitron mangatron are always fun to read
Well, I'm here. Does that mean I have no need to start aiming my firepower at lolitron mangatron?

Heh. I know mangatron has quite a reputation, but what kind of reputation, I'm not too sure of yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
I was thinking that Aono knew what would happen if her brother opens curtain...he runs to take picture . So no her disease has nothing to do with sun. I'm guessing that she's just anemic.
That actually makes sense, heh.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 00:34   Link #240
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It surprises me that not much attention is being given to sola, given the pedigree behind it. A writer from Kanon, the artist from Da Capo, and the animation company behind Rozen Maiden. Not to mention that it is an original story, and not a straight adaptation. You would think it would have attracted more attention by now.
Possibly the fact that it's original probably gave it less publicity. Perhaps it's popularity might have something to do with the voice actors as well, but that's an assumption on my part.

Quote:
Heh. I know mangatron has quite a reputation, but what kind of reputation, I'm not too sure of yet....
Oh, you'll see...Provided he continues posting here, that is.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural