AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 03:37   Link #2221
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Alright, I have decided to draw the following scene from Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi

Now, I am thinking of drawing this with 'female' Asakura in this altered world created by Nagato, not because I have a thing against male Asakura but because a female Asakura with a male Nagato to me is quite fascinating a take, with Kyonko present.
Does anyone think that the male Ryou with male Nagato would be more interesting dynamic wise? Raise your opinion now please!

Spoiler for some lines to give you an idea about what I am working on:

EDIT: Yea, yes, I know that this screams School Days and it's actually going to be drawn as such... please also comment on if you are in objection in seeing Kyonko taking a knife in the gut...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 03:40   Link #2222
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Alright, I have decided to draw the following scene from Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi

Now, I am thinking of drawing this with 'female' Asakura in this altered world created by Nagato, not because I have a thing against male Asakura but because a female Asakura with a male Nagato to me is quite fascinating a take, with Kyonko present.
Does anyone think that the male Ryou with male Nagato would be more interesting dynamic wise? Raise your opinion now please!

*snip*
The fangirls do.

But I look forward to this scene. Especially the influence that School Days will have on it.

Quote:
... please also comment on if you are in objection in seeing Kyonko taking a knife in the gut...
There are many objections. But this IS a time paradox situation after all, so I'll overlook it.

Prepare to make your case against the resident protector though.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 03:48   Link #2223
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I can do a variation of this, given that Asakura(Male) supposedly use a Katana... remember the last scene with Aeris as it were in Final Fantasy VII?

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-03-15, 03:49   Link #2224
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I can do a variation of this, given that Asakura(Male) supposedly use a Katana... remember the last scene with Aeris as it were in Final Fantasy VII?
He's gonna come in from the sky like that?

THAT BASTARD!!!!

It totally fits him though.

Old 2008-03-15, 03:58   Link #2225
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
@Kha: Please control yourself. <.<;;
I'm trying... That was just me high on the thread's crack talking...

I don't read the novels, so I'm a little limited here.
Old 2008-03-15, 03:58   Link #2226
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Poor Kyonko....Kang Seung Jae, we need you!
*Takes all the blows for Kyon-chan*

"My life for Kyon-chan!"

PS: Can someone get me a big picture of the dansening Kyon/Kyon-chan?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 03:59   Link #2227
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'm trying... That was just me high on the thread's crack talking...
Keep at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I don't read the novels, so I'm a little limited here.
Well now's the perfect time to get started on reading. Especially with the scene panzer and I were just discussing. This is like, end of season 2 material here.

Edit: Thanks to this, I have decided to put up a spoiler warning in the first post.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-03-15 at 04:18.
Old 2008-03-15, 05:09   Link #2228
Jintor

OK, well... I think we can agree with the DKelis initial writing, Kaisos writing based on Dkelis, Beanbrew editjobbing that, and then finally me editjobbing that. Does that sound OK? : D

It'll pass through four brains by that point. And then after that of course we can have the whole of the boards passing judgement on each segment...

I'll try and get an editjob up, but I also need to get a comic page finished tonight alongside it, so I might only get one of the sections up tonight.

/EDIT Also, I support 'passion and guts' as opposed to Manliness. GUTS DA ZE!

...I think...

<--- is crap at Japanese

Last edited by Jintor; 2008-03-15 at 05:26.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 07:16   Link #2229
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

First, some images

Spoiler for image:

Quote:
(I still don't think Mitsuuru should be "well hung", though. He's Japanese, for the love of god.)
Most japanese women aren't as well proportioned as Mikuru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Using Noizi Ito's EARLY style would be good, if you guys can do it.
Yeah. What happened with that guys artwork over the year? Everything became so damn bubbly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post

I think it's an alternate version to endless fight. And, can anyone answer my other question regarding styles?
Asakura's taking advantage of Kyonko while he froze her.

Not a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Oh... I knew I should have tried to make my pic look more like Noizi Ito's great work. But since she's pretty much my idol (or something like that), and I thought I would never be able to make a good look-alike (I don't want to use the word "copy") of her artwork, I just went with my "own style". Too bad

I guess I'll have to start over with the drawing

Anyway, here's the pic I was planning on posting in B-T.

It's not the final version, as I was pretty much in the middle of editing (I was trying to add screentones with my hardly-existing image editing programs... this computer I'm on is terrible). However, since I most likely won't post it (I need to start working on something more Noizi Ito-like), I think I'll leave it as it is. Mainly because messing around with it too much might ruin it, and I hate taking risks.

Oh well. It's not a terrible pic, so I thought I might as well show it. The only problem with it is the style... I'll have to be brave and see if I can create something that doesn't put Noizi Ito-sama into eternal shame
Don't be to hard on yourself. It's pretty good.

I do have a suggestion. I'd make Haruki look more insane. Not to much, but just a little noticeable dementia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
So is it really decided upon to have the SOS-dan in this version aim for "manliness"? I forget, what is the SOS-dan line say in the original? That just seems like it wouldn't work IMHO. Seeing that Itsuko and Kyonko would be in the club.

I would vote more for something like guts/passion or something if it has to be something related to that.
Look at the name of the brigade in the original. It's very debatable if their activities are aimed at that mission statement.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 08:16   Link #2230
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
I guess I'll have to start over with the drawing

Anyway, here's the pic I was planning on posting in B-T.

looking good. About time we saw some line drawings, i was beginning to think the artist here just wanted to colour everything in.

oh, remember to reformat it to B-T black & White image requirements.

edit: oh, if you lot are trying to make the scripts to still include the Japanese aspect of it, then at leased change the "NFL" reference to at leased "J-league" or "Baseball"
Old 2008-03-15, 08:48   Link #2231
Pas1990
Desu

Almost... done... CGing...

=3=;; I give up for now, so I thought I'd just show you a WIP of it.

I should have this finished sometime this week (if my assignments dont kill me before that)
Pas1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 08:56   Link #2232
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

You're more generous than I am when it comes to chest size pas1990. I would've give you a cookie had I not already given you one before.

Old 2008-03-15, 09:02   Link #2233
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
All hail Kyonko . Cookie for you!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:15   Link #2234
Kristen
*Author

"Dear Diary,

So, today was the dance. I met up with Haruki at the train station, as arranged, and as normal, I was late. So, we went out to dinner. Honestly, why does Haruki feel it to be moral to make a girl pay for a date? It just discusts me. Shouldn't the guy pay at least one? And then beyond that, I had to buy our dance tickets. Haruki made up some excuse like he left his wallet behind or something. Maybe Itsuko will take up the tab for me. After all, this was his idea after all.

Now, I was expecting something outrageous in terms of Haruki's outfit. But why, oh why did he have to cosplay at the dance? Beyond that, did it really have to be Alph*nse Elric? Dancing with a suit of armor is REALLY troublesome, you know.

Regardless, my dress was still a standout. All the other girls' dresses were just plain and boring. Does nobody have a sense of style these days? Then again, they had normal dates...

And Itsuko certainly seemed like she was having a ball of a time. Yuuki was her date. Yuuki's a surprisingly good dancer. I don't think I've ever seen anyone dance while reading a book before.

Well, Diary, I need to go nurse my foot. Haruki just HAD to step on my foot while in that stupid cosplay outfit...

Till tomorrow,
Kyon-ko"

Last edited by Kristen; 2008-03-15 at 11:04. Reason: Forgot a censor. :p
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:49   Link #2235
Valentine

Great stuff Chrissie. Poor Kyonko just can't seem to catch a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
While I'm here, I should probably note that I think that specific references can work, but only if they're well integrated and aren't just ridiculously gratitous. I threw in a few Star Trek references in my last editjob because, well, I thought they fitted. And nobody's bothered to complain yet.
This sounds about right to me as well. It's obviously a lot harder to do, but I think the best way to make specific references is in a way that someone not familiar with the original source wouldn't even recognise that it was meant to be a reference.

The first time I read Endless Eight, I didn't notice any references. Reading it again after watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, there were a number of things that seemed like they could be references, but which I probably wouldn't have noticed at all if it wasn't for the similar groundhog day plots of the two stories.

"Haruhi unveiled an aluminium bat, the very battered one that was taken from some baseball club one day. I never would've thought that she would keep the battered bat, which was better for bludgeoning than hitting balls."

This doesn't sound out of place from Kyon's usual snark, but takes on a whole different meaning with Higurashi in mind. The reference (if it was even meant as one) wasn't blatant enough to bother me when I didn't recognise the source, and was a nice little bonus when I did...
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:52   Link #2236
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

"The deadline, however, is up. Today is the thirtieth of August, leaving only one day left for summer break. It will be over if we don't think of something within the next two days, but I have absolutely no clue as to what to try. The summer light, the cries of higurashi... All the ingredients of summer are sources of anxiety."

And one starts to wonder about June of 1983...

Old 2008-03-15, 09:58   Link #2237
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Uh oh, will this suddenly lead to Suzumiya Haruki no Naku Koro ni? People do wonder about it .

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 11:02   Link #2238
Maruta
ashikawa

Send a message via MSN to Maruta
Somehow, I don't think Kyoko would be that girly.
Not all girls are like that you know

I sorta got the feeling that she wouldn't even care about her looks. Or else she'd always be angry when someone mentions her smaller-than-normal breast size....

*goes back to lurking*
Maruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 11:05   Link #2239
champbaka
Oyashiro-sama worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Uh oh, will this suddenly lead to Suzumiya Haruki no Naku Koro ni? People do wonder about it .
Wouldn't Haruki put Keiichi (in terms of GARness) and especially Hanyuu (being only a local God) out of a job?
champbaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 11:08   Link #2240
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruta View Post
Somehow, I don't think Kyoko would be that girly.
Not all girls are like that you know

I sorta got the feeling that she wouldn't even care about her looks. Or else she'd always be angry when someone mentions her smaller-than-normal breast size....

*goes back to lurking*
Who was that at?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan