AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 07:36   Link #1
e2-
Genius!

chunin examn

Do you think there will be another chunin examn later in the serie ?
e2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 07:39   Link #2
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
It's quite possible considering most of the genin didn't become Chuunin's during this exam, and it's stated that they have it twice a year. However, it all depends on if they get 'promoted' after this mission based on its difficulty, or if they REALLY need to get promoted thru the exam itself.

Also, if Kishimoto decides that he wants a time jump in the series, we may miss actually SEEING the exam, and just get a flashback of the Genins being promoted. Eventually most of them should become Jounins.. I wonder what the requirements for that are.. =)
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 07:45   Link #3
e2-
Genius!

Somehow I realy hope that there wouldnt come any more becaus more of thees long fights would take another 40 episodes of the story.... that would suck
e2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 08:38   Link #4
DJ*

No real way to tell. I recall 3rd Hokage saying that the chuunin exam was used to keep good relations with the other countries, but with them at war with the Sand, and them never being an ally of the Sound, they might not take part in the next few ones anyway. If one does come up, it won't be taking place in the Leaf anyway.
Old 2004-03-24, 08:50   Link #5
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Maybe there will be one after the war, and maybe then, there will be a lot more gennins who get to be a chuunin.

Spoiler:
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:00   Link #6
Sethi
StormRider

I am hoping there isn't any repeating things isn't very good in a manga or anime.
However if it happens i hope it will be in a different country like Sand or something, with different tests, and with much less episodes/chapters.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:10   Link #7
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Another exam doesn't have to mean a repeating of the previous one.

For example, the Hunter exam Killua had to take for the 2nd time (HxH GI Final) that was a bit differend than the first one
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 10:36   Link #8
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

unfortuantely... I only saw the animated version of that second hxh exam in the current ovas..... and it wasn't too great imo as compared to the original one in the series.......

there is no need for another chuunin exam... imo... tournament fighting is good, but shouldn't be used again in a series if it's already been done once... it's just bad repetitive story telling....i want to better adventures....

and besides.... there was another thread a while back that discussed this very issue:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=chuunin+exam
Old 2004-03-24, 12:12   Link #9
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2-
Do you think there will be another chunin examn later in the serie ?
i hope so. better than a time skip. though the chuunin exam should be accelerated the second time, without so much emphasis on each battle.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 12:50   Link #10
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
i hope so. better than a time skip. though the chuunin exam should be accelerated the second time, without so much emphasis on each battle.
It would be great if they could just skip right too the main battles instead of having us go through all preliminary again. Then there would be about 2 eps of fighting and ...Poof... Everybody becomes Chuunin.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 12:58   Link #11
DJ*

There might not even be any preliminaries in the next one though. They only had them the last time because so many people got through the written test and the forest of death.
Old 2004-03-24, 13:14   Link #12
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

A second Chuunin exam would be like the Naruto movie, a new adventure
Old 2004-03-24, 13:34   Link #13
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Maybe they could do the test at akigahara (or wherever the special took place)(man that was funny)
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-24, 13:40   Link #14
MikoKikyo

If they want to make the show longer and longer,and it seems like they do, they might do that, but I think it's gonna take a while before the important characters become chunnins and even longer 'till they become jounins. Think about it, after that the show's gonna be about to end, bc there's not much more advancing for them to do (except Naruto trying to become a Kage, n he'll prob be old)...maybe that's why they started out so young! that's just a speculations, but it would give them a longer "lifespan" in the series..

PS: Naruto 76 airs today
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 16:24   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

I think Kishimoto will stop drawing manga when he masses enough money to live out his life. then again, who wouldnt.

we will never know till we read the next naruto chapter!
Old 2004-03-24, 17:10   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

I liked how they did it in HxH, they should have it but not overtly go into depth with it as they did in the first exam shown.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 17:29   Link #17
bootleg

They never really finished the chuunin exam finals. But, there is no need for it since the sound and earth villages turned against the leaf. If there is a broken bond between these three, the only people competing in the Chuunin exams would be leafs.

Also, I haven't read the manga, but, I wonder if there is an exam for Jounin levels.
bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:03   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
there is no need for another chuunin exam... imo... tournament fighting is good, but shouldn't be used again in a series if it's already been done once... it's just bad repetitive story telling....i want to better adventures....
Excatly! Remember when Van Damme made Bloodsport, and then he tried to make "The Quest" later? Everyone was like, "It's just the same damn thing...you can't do that anymore!"
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:37   Link #19
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

The grass could still compete... same with the rain... the sound and sand were just the more glorified villages.
Old 2004-03-24, 18:55   Link #20
Sethi
StormRider

Actually i think it's in the best interest of the Sand to participate to reinforce relations with the Leaf after that attack, after all i don't think they want a revenge and if the Leaf attacks the Sand i don't think the Sand would survive that.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote