AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 22:16   Link #81
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjpark View Post
How strong does White Beard have to be to be able to command the respect of a guy like Marco T_T If I had that DF, I'd have my own freaking crew.
well with his df powers, WB would be able to kill off any other df except flying dfs he only needs to shatter the earth and let the person sink.

anyway aside from that, it's likely that there are limits to how much damage marco can heal instantly. there is also a possibility that marco only got the fruit after becoming loyal to WB ( or for that matter WB may have given him the fruit)
Old 2009-08-19, 23:31   Link #82
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The thing is, since Pacifistas are still human, they're still capable of feeling pain and can bleed, no matter how strong their metal alloy is (and not to mention that they'd most likely still get tired from fighting for a prolonged period of time). This was proven when Drake attacked one of the Kuma clones at Sabaody. A cyborg zombie wouldn't have those limitations. They'd be able to fight non-stop without worries of feeling pain/fatigue from fatal injuries. Furthermore, they'd adapt the different fighting styles from the shadows of various powerful pirates/warriors that Moria acquired, further making them a force to be reckoned with. I'm also sure that they wouldn't be Kuma clones either, since Moria favors using the corpses of all sorts of legendary villains, anyhow. I know that their "weakness" is salt, but do you honestly think that all of those warring pirates will coincidentally be carrying a pinch of salt on their person? I think not.......
Maybe having zombies will have more limitations. With intelligence and consciousness added to the picture, they maybe have different versions of weaknesses (other than the salt, which may kill the reason for its invention at some point, and when they play on the sea, sea products will be easy to find to compensate for the lack of pure salt). We also saw from the zombies that the bad habits do not have to die. So, intelligence does not always have to be a good thing, especially when it is not aware of reason.

Regarding bleeding, it doesn't really matter. They continue to attack until their circuits get fried or some other part broken inside them. Cyborg zombies will also have those limitations. You are going to modify one part of it, but that part will have to be pretty large as we saw from Kuma to be real effective. And that may mean, any break down in those parts may have sufficient impact to break down its user too. So, in that aspect, be it cyborg or its zombie version, those weaknesses will be there.
Old 2009-08-20, 03:48   Link #83
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
New Spoiler pic:

Akainu in action

Spoiler:
Hahahahaha

To continue

We have

Spoiler for Marco:

And most likely another person with mythical zoan power will appear to counter Marco's power,in the form of..

Spoiler for lol:

Well Akainu being a magma man isn't that surprising anymore...but i wonder what Akainu can actually do with the magma power?Causing earthquake like Whitebeard?Or creating an island by activating a deep sea volcano...or its just another fire type logia whose power is no different from Ace's power?

Seeing how Aoikiji and Kizaru could cause a large area of effect damage with their power, i think Akainu power's could do the same too,probably in an even larger scale than the other 2.
Old 2009-08-20, 04:40   Link #84
Prestige

Ok chapter is out...

Akainu...just what the hell?

Ok ok, I kinda expected that lava/magma fruit would be destructive but jesus...

Akainu summons freaking meteor storm of molten boulders that rain over huge area, Moby Dick is getting massive hits and main sails are crushed.

Akainus power is just catastrophic, with one move he placed momentum of war against pirates.

And lava boulders seems to be extremely hot aswell, Jozus massive iceburg what was larger than most ships f*cking evaporated without single drop of water left.

Whitebeard still acts like badass but I guess that got him bit serious too. Akainu is no joke....

Oh and battle has truely started with pirates raiding on main court and marines attempting to prevent them to gain foothold on land. Oh and Oars Jr. is like Oz clone!.

Btw we see nice new devil fruit powers and first time ever a female giant (shame that she is marine officer).
Old 2009-08-20, 05:03   Link #85
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It shows one of the other pirate captains (the one with the pockets stiched to his body) pulling out a huge hammer out of it like nothing and smashing a marine with it He probably can store in them whatever he wants, though it looks similar to the captain with that DF who could store his crew in his body, I forgot his name but he was awesome <3

Also Akainu wtf, after people expressed their disappointment of his power being predictable he makes it up with being just plain badass. Magma fruit FTW
Old 2009-08-20, 05:12   Link #86
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Ok chapter is out...

Akainu...just what the hell?

Ok ok, I kinda expected that lava/magma fruit would be destructive but jesus...

Akainu summons freaking meteor storm of molten boulders that rain over huge area, Moby Dick is getting massive hits and main sails are crushed.

Akainus power is just catastrophic, with one move he placed momentum of war against pirates.

And lava boulders seems to be extremely hot aswell, Jozus massive iceburg what was larger than most ships f*cking evaporated without single drop of water left.

Whitebeard still acts like badass but I guess that got him bit serious too. Akainu is no joke....

Oh and battle has truely started with pirates raiding on main court and marines attempting to prevent them to gain foothold on land. Oh and Oars Jr. is like Oz clone!.

Btw we see nice new devil fruit powers and first time ever a female giant (shame that she is marine officer).
That wasn't the Moby Dick that got damaged, it was one of the other Ships they have.

Great chapter. A little short again but still, good stuff. WB & Akainu's exchange was really awesome.

I really would like to see Oz III vs John Giant, but the likelyhood is, Moria is planning on making him a part of his new Zombie army.
Old 2009-08-20, 05:39   Link #87
Battler-kun

Oh damn.....Mihawk doing nothing but just standing around again.....

Hm, WB facing Akainu. My guess is still that Akainu is the stronges out of the 3 admirals.

And Kuma will have a nice surprise when he sees Luffy again....
Old 2009-08-20, 05:50   Link #88
andy

Chapter was nice, seem it going to be few more chapters where pirates are going to try to get a foothold while the marines and warlords try to stop them before we get to main fights.

Last edited by andy; 2009-08-20 at 06:07.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:33   Link #89
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Its kind of weird to see Akainu talking like that. I mean his character before was like dark and mysterious, because his face was hooded and his absolute justice. Maybe its just me.

So is Oz Jr. part of Whitebeard's crew?? or Just one of his roaddogs like the other Captains from the New World?
Old 2009-08-20, 07:46   Link #90
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

.. now i fear that Oda may not be able to follow the scale of the battle, consider all of them are too powerful to put into a single war....
Old 2009-08-20, 07:50   Link #91
SMASHERJACKSON

i personally found it odd ppl wer playing down the possible and probable danger posed by a magma user. new scans rly teasing need full scan trans soon, akainus meteor is in the shape of a fist, a giant one that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
.. now i fear that Oda may not be able to follow the scale of the battle, consider all of them are too powerful to put into a single war....
i too am interested how oda will handle op after this battle royale, out of interest in story mechanics as much as in one piece
Old 2009-08-20, 08:09   Link #92
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
So Marco is a phoenix.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-08-20, 08:39   Link #93
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't know, I have faith in Oda. He hasn't failed to deliver so far. A lot of what he does seems to be well thought out. So I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting himself into.
Old 2009-08-20, 08:53   Link #94
Vree

Amazingly enough after all he is.

Best part in this chapter for me: Akainu's face. For a Japanese comic there sure aren't too many Asian-looking characters in OP but I found it very fitting for the stern admiral.

Funny how the battle scenes just eat up a chapter fast isn't it, but there only being 14 pages and ALL of them 2-page spreads might have more to do with the shortness of the issue.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:09   Link #95
koolace
Wants a cookie!!

Send a message via AIM to koolace Send a message via Yahoo to koolace
Another great chapter. It was almost worth waiting 2 weeks (cough cough)...

But I am convinced that Akainu cannot be considered a logia, I mean, until I see a bullet shoot through Akainu's face, he's just another bad-ass paramecia like Whitebeard.

Also, I was always convinced that each devil fruit has their own exploitable weaknesses and a natural enemy. (counter devil fruit) Luffy vs Enel is just one of many. So I am sure that all the named players are just testing the waters for now, this war is going to be long!!!

Unless Oda does something lame like having Luffy showing up and using his haki (King's Disposition) to stop the war once he sees Ace threatened. Randomly of course.. LOL.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:16   Link #96
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder if Don Flamingo will take over Oz jr's body movements? That'd be something to see.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:48   Link #97
Prestige

Chapter ending hints that Schichibukais will start to act on next chapter, I expect mainly DonFlamingo and Moria getting into action, perhaps we will see what side Kuma and Hancock will choose aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Funny how the battle scenes just eat up a chapter fast isn't it, but there only being 14 pages and ALL of them 2-page spreads might have more to do with the shortness of the issue.
This battle is impossible epic in scale and fury including almost all major players of OP-world, its very difficult to give us good image of size of this battle in manga panels so Oda have to use lot of double page images to give us glimpse about chapter.

Although this weeks chapter was only 15 pages and containing mainly double pages you should not rush it, take your time on each page and look for details and you will find this chapter much more rich and satisfying.

Oda generally dont like to use large panels and double pages are quite rare, in Bleach manga if you check it out you will find panels very huge and every page having 1-2 panels and many double pages each chapters its pretty much opposite of Odas work.

Oda is using Bleach style paneling on this battle but while both series have good art, Kubo (Bleach author) focuses solely on charecter art leaving backgrounds often complelety white, Oda in the other hand places high focus on backrounds and detail.

Its pretty easy to miss all hints and details on One Piece chapters if you read chapters hastily but its good idea to take your time on each chapter to get most out of them. Oda likes to give hints about future chapters and if you can catch them you can get some clue what is to happen in future.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:25   Link #98
AnbuItachi

we still dont know what happened to aokiji, he can't be dead or the marines would be like WTF?
Old 2009-08-20, 10:53   Link #99
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Chapter ending hints that Schichibukais will start to act on next chapter, I expect mainly DonFlamingo and Moria getting into action, perhaps we will see what side Kuma and Hancock will choose aswell.

This battle is impossible epic in scale and fury including almost all major players of OP-world, its very difficult to give us good image of size of this battle in manga panels so Oda have to use lot of double page images to give us glimpse about chapter.

Although this weeks chapter was only 15 pages and containing mainly double pages you should not rush it, take your time on each page and look for details and you will find this chapter much more rich and satisfying.

Oda generally dont like to use large panels and double pages are quite rare, in Bleach manga if you check it out you will find panels very huge and every page having 1-2 panels and many double pages each chapters its pretty much opposite of Odas work.

Oda is using Bleach style paneling on this battle but while both series have good art, Kubo (Bleach author) focuses solely on charecter art leaving backgrounds often complelety white, Oda in the other hand places high focus on backrounds and detail.

Its pretty easy to miss all hints and details on One Piece chapters if you read chapters hastily but its good idea to take your time on each chapter to get most out of them. Oda likes to give hints about future chapters and if you can catch them you can get some clue what is to happen in future.
It's probably just because they're fighting over the sea and in the air.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-08-20, 11:31   Link #100
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Random sidenote: I think it's frikkin' sweet that Whitebeard's laugh and his DF match
Gurararararara!
Closed Thread