AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-11, 23:55   Link #61
Knightrunner

Weither she knows or simply forgot Angel's name it showed Otonashi had some initiative that is why I believe he didn't get tortured.
Old 2010-05-12, 08:44   Link #62
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

He probably didn't get tortured because Yuri likes him... though sometimes I think Yuri is more Tsundere v. Hinata than Otonashi. All Otonashi tends to see is dere. But then again, all Hinata tends to see is Tsun, so what do I know?
Old 2010-05-12, 10:30   Link #63
Lukix
. . .

Well, I liked hers and Hinata's exchange of looks in ep 6 :d
Otonashi is kinda annoying to me, so that's why I rooting for hinataxyuri, if it's possible, of course.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:33   Link #64
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I came across a list comparing and contrasting Tenshi and Yuri. This list comes from someone that doesn't care much for Tenshi, but considers Yuri the best character in Angel Beats.
*list*

AnimeSuki Angel Beats fans, do you agree or disagree with this man's analysis?
Totally disagree, from what I can see a lot of it is wrong,
Spoiler for Angel Beats 06:
Old 2010-05-15, 07:00   Link #65
Knightrunner

Once again, Yurippe comes up with ideas to help advance her teamates, Otonashi, when given the chance.

I'm not sure why people think Yurippe is jealous of Tenshi base on that she didn't help with the fishing or she was only staring. To me she look like she was observing something like she usually does. She may have notice the second Tenshi and decided to wonder off her own to confirm what is happening then she got attack. It looked like Yuri disappeared as soon as they reeled in that fish.

Since I saw Yurippe again up above the school talking to Otonashi about purpose my guess is that she usually observes everybody from above.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:16   Link #66
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Fan-boys = Serious Business
Yuri has a lot of fan boys, apparently. For good reasons, she is a pretty likable character, though I prefer Tenshi.

Quote:
AnimeSuki Angel Beats fans, do you agree or disagree with this man's analysis?

I completely disagree with that absurd statement. It's so heavily biased it's disgusting. Really, who could hate Tenshi but love Yuri? Why not have both in yuri as characters?
Old 2010-05-15, 09:54   Link #67
Yzori

I think Yuri deserves more screentime, along with some other characters. It's been Otonashi and Tenshi for the last few episodes. (Tenshi is all fine 'nd stuff, but it's getting boring, for me at least)

Yuri was supposed to be the ''main heroine'' so far she's not much more than a supportive character, I wonder what's the case here. All in all I find Angel Beats! seriously lacking on the action front, it's been all QQ-talk last few episodes. I demand more pewpew, thus more Yuri. (ninja girl too!)
Old 2010-05-15, 12:40   Link #68
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzori View Post
I think Yuri deserves more screentime, along with some other characters. It's been Otonashi and Tenshi for the last few episodes. (Tenshi is all fine 'nd stuff, but it's getting boring, for me at least)

Yuri was supposed to be the ''main heroine'' so far she's not much more than a supportive character, I wonder what's the case here. All in all I find Angel Beats! seriously lacking on the action front, it's been all QQ-talk last few episodes. I demand more pewpew, thus more Yuri. (ninja girl too!)
Yeah even the ninja girls have several moment with her brooms and her fishing skill, shuriken throwing, "fishing using shuriken throwing skill".

Comparing to a core character like Yuri, she didn't have much screen time lately except looks all sexy with her torn clothes.... two episodes in a row...
They probably save it for later . Or that's what i wish they will.
Old 2010-05-17, 23:12   Link #69
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why are there so much Yuri hate in the internet ? Eventhough she's my favourite character in this series, followed by Iwasawa.

When I watched the last two episodes, I can't help but to feel that Yuri is doing something secretly and doesn't seem to want the other to know about it

Old 2010-05-18, 04:31   Link #70
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Purist Haruhiists in action.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-18, 05:11   Link #71
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Once again, Yurippe comes up with ideas to help advance her teamates, Otonashi, when given the chance.

I'm not sure why people think Yurippe is jealous of Tenshi base on that she didn't help with the fishing or she was only staring. To me she look like she was observing something like she usually does. She may have notice the second Tenshi and decided to wonder off her own to confirm what is happening then she got attack. It looked like Yuri disappeared as soon as they reeled in that fish.

Since I saw Yurippe again up above the school talking to Otonashi about purpose my guess is that she usually observes everybody from above.
I dont think its a trivial thing like jealousy. Its spite. She has been carrying around a grudge all this time and some of it has been directed toward tenshi. Even after episode 5 there has been no shred of remorse or act of reconsilliation, which I felt was emphazised in the fishing scene.

She is stronger than she needs to be, which is reasonable given her past(i actually would be freaked if she wasnt like that)
'but whats more, its her general uncaring attitude to all things related to her in psrticular that makes it distinguishable/

Iactualy like her(i like al key characters tbh) but thats just how it strikes me.
Old 2010-05-18, 05:32   Link #72
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@Marcus H.
Through, by ep 6, I start to realise that Yuri is no longer like Haruhi . Simply because Haruhi's godlike power simply chop her way through everything. While Yuri always have to hold back her hype for the SSS's success. In another word, Yuri is more calculating while Haruhi is much more straight forward.

There are certain similarities between them through. I will prefer Haruhi as a character, but Yuri as a leader.
Old 2010-05-18, 06:07   Link #73
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Because Haruhi provides conflict, but Yuri provides as much safety as possible for her team basically?
Old 2010-05-18, 06:20   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Because Haruhi provides conflict, but Yuri provides as much safety as possible for her team basically?
More like "distress"..... but can we change that "conflict" into "excitement"?
Old 2010-05-18, 07:12   Link #75
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol. In terms of dramatic/literary techniques, that's still conflict. XD
Old 2010-05-23, 00:44   Link #76
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is Yuri short-sight, or she just wear glasses in that ep 8 screen so she can looks vulnerable and sexy, alone inside that dark room?

It seems: even as a main character, she also played the "sex appeal" role in Angel Beat. Torn clothes in dramatic screen (well i forgive Naoi since he's gay or a reversed trap), military beret during operation, and glasses for research/investigate purposes. The producer really knows otaku fetishes well by the book.
Old 2010-05-23, 00:56   Link #77
Knightrunner

lol yep, plus in glasses mode she looks like she was concentrating more.
Old 2010-05-23, 01:24   Link #78
.:bliss
Nyuu~

Send a message via MSN to .:bliss
She wearing glasses is.. MOE. I wanna be like her!! :3

@risingstar: I bet she's just wearing it to look sexy. =3
Old 2010-05-23, 13:01   Link #79
dynastus

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bliss View Post
She wearing glasses is.. MOE. I wanna be like her!! :3

@risingstar: I bet she's just wearing it to look sexy. =3
Purest form of fan service...
Old 2010-05-24, 07:03   Link #80
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

In the anime, can we consider Yuri as the only SSS member (does not include those in distraction squad) who's holding the least "on-screen death count"? She hasn't died even once on screen yet

Lets' see:
Quote:
Ep 1: Otonashi x3, Noda x1
Ep 2: every1 except Otonashi, Yuri, Yui, Takeyama and Naoi
Ep 3: no one (except....Iwasawa)
Ep 4: Yui x1
Ep 5: Hinata x 2, Takamatsu x1...oh wait they didn't die no one
Ep 6: every1 except Hinata, Yuri, Otonashi, Shiina and Naoi
Ep 7: Christ Takeyama x1
Ep 8: Everyone except Otonashi, Yuri, Yui (she didn't die probably) and Takeyama
Noda's leading with 4 times, i guess

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-24 at 07:16.
Closed Thread