AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 13:32   Link #421
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Now THAT will be an awesome movie xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:39   Link #422
Sunder the Gold

I think it's possible that the second movie will end with Reinforce still alive, and the third movie will feature the Dark Pieces and Materials.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:09   Link #423
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
There's a third Nanoha movie?!
Old 2012-01-12, 18:34   Link #424
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodude711 View Post
There's a third Nanoha movie?!
Nope. We're just wishing upon a star xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 18:40   Link #425
Sunder the Gold

I can't remember the last time a sequel wasn't followed by another sequel.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:41   Link #426
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I can't remember the last time a sequel wasn't followed by another sequel.
Terminator 2 for almost a decade xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-12, 18:59   Link #427
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
I think it's possible that the second movie will end with Reinforce still alive, and the third movie will feature the Dark Pieces and Materials.
Doubt it. I'm expecting commentary from the In-universe Post-Striker casts for this movie. I doubt they could do any of that along with the Soundstage's "Making of" if they do this.

Speaking of which, if the ending to this movie ends the same way as the tv then I would like Vivio,Einhart, Touma, and Lily scratching their heads in confusion as to why it fells wrong.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:22   Link #428
Lycodrake

Quote:
*resisting urge to comment on a certain detail* ^^;
Old 2012-01-13, 04:30   Link #429
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodude711 View Post
I'm confused, how exactly did Tsuzuki crash and burn this franchise?
Because the guy doesn't have a shred of talent within him. To be honest, Nanoha has always been a pretty mediocre story. It just so happened to have likable characters, and "one" unique idea of pretty much applying mecha style action to the mahou shoujo genre. The writing is pretty much at the level of a high school kid's fanfiction.

Perhaps this is why A's was the best season since it allowed a full show casing of high action packed sequences with having all the main cast members on full display (especially fate and nanoha). Still even here the writing was evidently very weak.

Shit hit the fan in Strikers though. This is when the bloated the cast with tons of forgettable people and stopped focusing on what made this franchise popular. On top of that they pretty much trashed half the cast that was already there. Now weak writing coupled with an less interesting cast, with a bad budget, and you got nanoha strikers, a terrible piece of work.

Then you go to Nanoha Force.... And well that'd be a spoiler for the anime thread, but lets say it somehow gets even worst.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:36   Link #430
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Strangely enough I prefer Force and Vivid over StrikerS.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 05:09   Link #431
Key Board
Carbon

StrikerS sold very well. Fan reception was better than A's despite complains from this forum

Vivid manga is selling like hotcakes

It's anything but a crashed and burned franchise

I'd have to call that project a success
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 05:15   Link #432
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
StrikerS sold very well. Fan reception was better than A's despite complains from this forum

It was better preciscely because of A's success which attracted the attention of everyone xDU

Still, Vivid started to become pretty entertaining as the fights are getting progresively more awesome and is already started to approach StrikerS in my book. Force also started to earn some points with me, it raised from "horrible" to "average"(i started to find Tohma sympatethic and Veyron is a pretty cool character and i kind of admire Curren's superiority).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 05:15   Link #433
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

Vivid manga is selling like hotcakes

It's anything but a crashed and burned franchise

Someone asked me why I thought he crashed and burned the franchise. I don't think he was asking what season was the biggest financial success, as if that ever was an indicator of quality (Looking at you Infinite Stratos).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 05:21   Link #434
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
(Looking at you Infinite Stratos).
You're gonna hate me for this but ...i actually find "IS" funny and entertaining. Of course i openly admits it's a cliched, low-quality story but it makes for cool mecha battles and a couple of laughs if you don't take the plot all that seriously.

The same can be applied on StrikerS, it's more enjoyable if you take it for what it is and don't compare it with A's because that's pointless. I also started to enjoy Vivid and ceased to hate Force under the same principle(i still hate what happened in Chapter 7 but i think the overall manga is ok).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 05:23   Link #435
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Someone asked me why I thought he crashed and burned the franchise. I don't think he was asking what season was the biggest financial success, as if that ever was an indicator of quality (Looking at you Infinite Stratos).
The Persona 4 anime has got to be the best indicator that quality != success

A's puts all of the Nanoha series after it to shame.
Old 2012-01-13, 05:27   Link #436
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
A's puts all of the Nanoha series after it to shame.
The PSP games are testament of this XD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 05:42   Link #437
Key Board
Carbon

I judge a show by what it tries to achieve and how successful it is in achieving that. Quality is a vague word to me.

Persona 4 is a very interesting show.. but only if you have played the game; otherwise, it has a limited target audience.
But it does excel very well in capturing its intended target audience. I'm surprised how WACKY and entertaining the show can be.

So, I consider this to be a successful adaptation, and thus, a good show despite lacking obvious lack of budget. It's not a good stand alone show, but I don't think it wants to be one.

The judge StrikerS the same way.

Low sales are not an indication of a bad show
but high sales always means that a show managed to give the majority of its target audience what they expected.

So I have to acknowledge that. How much to intersect with the target audience? How much of their interests are my interest? Hmm.. sometimes I wonder about that with Nanoha.

I have enough problems with StrikerS to the point that I would not call it a good show, but I wouldn't go so far to call it a crashed and burned franchise. That would imply that the franchise has betrayed its target audience, but I am not enough to be considered the entirely of that, for the better or worse.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-01-13 at 06:06.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 08:16   Link #438
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Fan reception was better than A's
...Where??
Old 2012-01-13, 12:27   Link #439
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
In Japan I figure

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 12:48   Link #440
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sales for StrikerS surpassed those of A's in Japan.

As for me, I wouldn't be here if not for StrikerS. I always skipped Nanoha because the summary just screamed "generic mahou shoujo" it wasn't until StrikerS came along with 'dimensional bureau' in the summary that I got interested.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote