AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 14:15   Link #521
LeoXiao
思想工作

Then make the cash. If you haven't gotten 6th sense on your StuG yet, grind it.

Update: Just got a Churchill for my brother's account. It's really fun and has good MM capped at t6.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2012-12-02 at 14:53.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:49   Link #522
LeoXiao
思想工作

Found this in the newest special:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargaming
50% discount on the credit cost for the following SPGs:

BT-7
A-20
T-34
T-34-85
Hm those are some rather fast, maneuverable, and direct-firing arties don't you think?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:14   Link #523
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm going to use modifications that let me play this while playing.

Old 2012-12-02, 18:21   Link #524
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Finally got... A Stug-III! Gosh, what a grind that was to even get it.

So, going to focus back on the main tank line, and it looks like after PanzerIV I'm looking at two different VK lines for the heavy tanks. The Tiger (P) looks tempting, but the Tiger II down the line, while it takes longer to get, seems to be a better deal, performance-wise.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:22   Link #525
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
By the way, I also have a SPG (a Bison), but I've never got how some Artillery players can get super-accurate shots like I've seen. How DO you aim with one anyway?
When you're aiming in top-down mode, your aiming circle should be an elliptical most of the time. Place the target tank in the near side of the elliptical, wait for the aiming circle to close fully, count off one more second, then pop the shot.

The one-second rule is a general one I go by when I try long distance shots of any kind, including direct fire.

Also, SPGs tend to be crapshoots with any crew below 90%. The super-accurate shots can only be achieved with fully-trained crews, but it is possible; I once placed a 203 right through the little space between two water towers with my S-51 in the Highway map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Here's my thought process:

With the Tiger so far, I have been able to bounce shots and also hit at vital points to cause damage. If I get better mobility and a far more accurate gun, combined with almost all the relevant research needed done, why not try out the Panther?
Definitely, yes, go for it. Speaking from experience, grinding the Henschel line like you've done with the Tiger H makes grinding the Panther line much easier, since both lines share modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Finally got... A Stug-III! Gosh, what a grind that was to even get it.

So, going to focus back on the main tank line, and it looks like after PanzerIV I'm looking at two different VK lines for the heavy tanks. The Tiger (P) looks tempting, but the Tiger II down the line, while it takes longer to get, seems to be a better deal, performance-wise.
It is. Putting side the obvious fact that the Tiger P is Tier 7 while the Konigstiger is Tier 8, the 200mm front armour on the P doesn't count for much; it's flat instead of sloped so it's not all that effective, and anyone with a clue would go straight for the commander's hatch anyway. It's a stupidly big target.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 10:44   Link #526
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
It is. Putting side the obvious fact that the Tiger P is Tier 7 while the Konigstiger is Tier 8, the 200mm front armour on the P doesn't count for much; it's flat instead of sloped so it's not all that effective, and anyone with a clue would go straight for the commander's hatch anyway. It's a stupidly big target.
I have my Tiger P and Churchill VII!!!

The commander's hatch is a HUGE target. Although it's much harder to hit at super long ranges. I find the front mounted turret to be quite useful for peek-a-boom. At further distances, it snipes just as well as the Tiger with the same weapons and better hull armor. Weirdly enough, the hull is more armored than the turret, so you have to hull-up vs hull-down.

My problem is I lack the free-xp to get the track and turret upgrades, so I'm still using the short 88 for long range (vs. long 88) .. which is lacking .. Heck, I played a round using the short 105 with HE rounds to poke people with death by a thousand cuts. 90 dmg shots on a KV-3 take a while to finish it off..

..Part of me wishes it had more derpy gun for close range, with all the armor up front, even though I can survive all incoming fire and crash into the nest of 3-4 meds/heavies .. I can't hurt them. I can only pray my team behind me takes them out while they're all focused on me.

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 10:46   Link #527
Sumeragi
Banned

Let's let our Tigers play, willx.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 11:08   Link #528
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Let's let our Tigers play, willx.
Unfortunately I'm at work reviewing cross-border insolvency data. Whee! Slightly less exciting than ramming someone with a tank..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 11:39   Link #529
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm shocked by how much better the experience playing the "big tin can" M3 Lee is after upgrading *just* the bloody gun. I was utterly useless for every single match before that, but now I can actually hurt things and, if I'm really, really lucky, kill things.

Still bad at it even after completely pimping it out (when are you free on the weekends for a training session, Ascaloth? ), and I still can't really hit smaller things from afar when trying to play "TD" with it (bad player, bad crew, or bad gun accuracy? All three?). Stupidly enough, my best match with it so far is when I played it like it's a typical medium tank -- charge like I'm a Polish cavalryman, deliver fast, ample damage (something it's good at), and don't stay still and try to overwhelm before I could be overwhelmed. Total fluke match and only works in cities where the heavies can't blow me apart from afar, since the weak defense, the ordinary engine, and the stuck-on turret are major weaknesses for that kind of play. Makes me wonder what more I could do playing a Sherman that way though, since it seems like it will be *so* much better at doing that.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:11   Link #530
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The newest adquisition to my garage.

Spoiler:

The bad thing is that is a PITA to grind trough suspension, second engine and second turret with only the 7,5 L70.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:30   Link #531
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just say, ouch. I'll be stocking up on converted experience to get through my Panther (never mind most of the modules have already been researched due to the Tiger. That's the main German advantage).
Old 2012-12-03, 13:18   Link #532
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am really, really liking my Tiger so far. Currently working towards Konigstiger after acquiring the last upgrade to my Tiger. Should be getting it by the end of this week

That being said, I am considering another joyride vehicle, a non-German one to be exact. Which route should I go for? Soviet or American? I was thinking about the T-34 or the M4, and go down from there. Anyone got suggestions?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 13:25   Link #533
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Tiger not a bad tank, The only thing I don't like is how massive the ammo rack is or how the engine can be damage from the front.

On an interesting note, for the first time after over 1500 games, I was knocked out of the battle by losing my entire crew before my hp drop to 0.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 13:30   Link #534
Tak

You know, the funny thing is, I kept on getting Steel Wall awards at the end of every battle. I tend to survive, half-dead, and get hit the most. The bonus is not bad, and historically accurate, but gamewise, its a rather interesting phenomenon since Tiger tanks don't have the kind of armor to withstand blows from Tier 8 and above.

Cannot say I don't appreciate the irony, though

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-03, 13:34   Link #535
Sumeragi
Banned

I actually have a harder time getting Steel Wall for my Tiger, since I either have to face Tier IXs or my opponents don't have the alpha to get me to 1000 potential damages. Heck, my StuH 42 and VK3601H have more Steel Walls.
Old 2012-12-03, 14:00   Link #536
Sumeragi
Banned

I am rethinking my plans to buy the Löwe:

Old 2012-12-03, 14:03   Link #537
Tak

Are you sure? Its grown fatter... a fatter tank is not good without the specs to back it up

- Tak

Old 2012-12-03, 16:42   Link #538
Blaat

I'm beginning to understand why Duo Maxwell calls the 105mm gun on the M4 the derp gun.
Old 2012-12-03, 17:01   Link #539
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Now the Lowe will be an even bigger arty magnet in 8.2
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 19:22   Link #540
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Now the Lowe will be an even bigger arty magnet in 8.2
It looks like it grew like 2 inches. It's not a huge deal, I think. For 12,500 gold whether the size of a tank varies by a few inches, in my opinion, shouldn't convince you whether or not to buy that tank :X

One potential upside is that because its bigger, the gun is mounted higher and therefore you can shoot down on enemies more negating their slope.

I heard the new autoloading American tanks are pretty bad, but if anyone wants to platoon up with tier 7/8s when the new patch comes out, I'd definitely be looking to play. Hopefully by then my mountains of research papers will be over with >_<;;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks