AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 11:45   Link #641
EroKing

Old 2013-03-03, 11:53   Link #642
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think Ai almost single-handedly saved this anime. Opinions on this show have improved noticeably, and so have the pre-orders (at least on Amazon). 大勝利 indeed.
Well done.
I couldn't agree more. She's definitely saved this show for me. I didn't exactly hate it, however I can't say I liked it much either. That all changed once Ai came into the picture. She and her seiyuu have brought so much energy to the show. These past three episodes have been by far the most entertaining in the series.

Ai is way too adorable. I'm firmly in her camp.
Old 2013-03-03, 15:10   Link #643
garbage

oh count me in Ai FTW! loved her Background too, and her passion(?)
another enjoyable funny episode, great work by Ai the VA
Old 2013-03-03, 22:27   Link #644
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther Ai episode but they all looked so good in there yukatas but when it there going to be more of Hime
Old 2013-03-03, 23:12   Link #645
Azuma Denton
~AD~

No one commented on those Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright pose?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:34   Link #646
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
oh count me in Ai FTW! loved her Background too, and her passion(?)
another enjoyable funny episode, great work by Ai the VA
Count me out. What a loser. She holding him to a promise made while at age 6.
Old 2013-03-04, 02:14   Link #647
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
No one commented on those Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright pose?
I spotted that too. OreShura is filled with pop culture references if you look hard enough. Plus I'm pretty sure I've heard the "kissing will get you pregnant" thing somewhere before....like in several other shows maybe.

After these last 3 episodes I can see why so many people may favor Ai almost as much as they do for Masuzu, based on a popularity poll I saw somewhere.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 04:45   Link #648
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I spotted that too. OreShura is filled with pop culture references if you look hard enough. Plus I'm pretty sure I've heard the "kissing will get you pregnant" thing somewhere before....like in several other shows maybe.

After these last 3 episodes I can see why so many people may favor Ai almost as much as they do for Masuzu, based on a popularity poll I saw somewhere.
Ai, regardless of one of the stupidest trops in anime/manga, at least has some depth to her character and some internal conflict that plays out hilariously. Fun, energetic and not irritating. Which makes her the only one of the harem that's like that.

Further, her character flaws/hang ups aren't something that would, likely, outright sink a relationship on their own.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 05:18   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Ai, regardless of one of the stupidest trops in anime/manga, at least has some depth to her character and some internal conflict that plays out hilariously. Fun, energetic and not irritating. Which makes her the only one of the harem that's like that.

Further, her character flaws/hang ups aren't something that would, likely, outright sink a relationship on their own.
I don't know about that; for the first two episodes I view her the same as Chiwa in the sense that they are both sabotaging themselves with their lie. Chiwa wanting to find a boyfriend when shes in love with Eita, and Ai with her lie about having a boyfriend even in front of Eita and really that prevents me from jumping ship.

Pointless intentional self destruction is something that rubs me the wrong way... hard.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 15:16   Link #650
Used Can

Ai simply lied to save face, though. She was also going to tell Eita the truth, but she really didn't want Masuzu and Chiwa to know, because she wouldn't hear the end of it. Notice that as soon as she confessed she had no qualms in telling Eita that the thing about Michael was "obviously a lie".
Old 2013-03-04, 16:36   Link #651
Divini
Senpai!

Ai was definitely elevated to best girl for sure. Most likable personality out of the 4 girls so far. (Though I still want Chiwa to 'win')

Since she confessed, I guess I won't see much of her tsundere antics anymore. I'll miss that.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 16:37   Link #652
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ai simply lied to save face, though. She was also going to tell Eita the truth, but she really didn't want Masuzu and Chiwa to know, because she wouldn't hear the end of it. Notice that as soon as she confessed she had no qualms in telling Eita that the thing about Michael was "obviously a lie".

Eventually yeah, but after who knows how many days of digging that hole.
Old 2013-03-04, 20:33   Link #653
Anime Online

Isn't that a Playstation Portable in Eita's hands when kindergarten Ai was saying, "Lets get married"?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 21:33   Link #654
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eventually yeah, but after who knows how many days of digging that hole.
I don't know. I never saw it as "digging a whole." Unlike Chiwa, Ai didn't come up with Michael to be roundabout about her feelings or to try to make Eita jealous. Michael was created solely to shut up Chiwa and Masuzu; she kept the lie because she knew both of them would have given her hell if she ever said Michael didn't exist.

She was planning to confess eventually, but it seemed she wanted Eita to remember her first. Notice that, ever since she showed up, the whole "childhood friends" deal for was a serious thing to her. Like when Eita mentioned her and Kaoru being childhood friends, and she got a bit angry over it. This was even more clear on episode 8 during the movie, and even before when she even asked Eita if he remembered her. Once she managed to make him remember, she confessed her feelings for Eita and told him that Michael never existed.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:49   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't know. I never saw it as "digging a whole." Unlike Chiwa, Ai didn't come up with Michael to be roundabout about her feelings or to try to make Eita jealous. Michael was created solely to shut up Chiwa and Masuzu; she kept the lie because she knew both of them would have given her hell if she ever said Michael didn't exist.

She was planning to confess eventually, but it seemed she wanted Eita to remember her first. Notice that, ever since she showed up, the whole "childhood friends" deal for was a serious thing to her. Like when Eita mentioned her and Kaoru being childhood friends, and she got a bit angry over it. This was even more clear on episode 8 during the movie, and even before when she even asked Eita if he remembered her. Once she managed to make him remember, she confessed her feelings for Eita and told him that Michael never existed.
Hmm you have a point- My initial view was that she was trying to score love points with Eita, so telling him that she has a boyfriend and not clearing up that mess asap would be a stupid move.

But I guess if she was planning on jogging his memories... Then yes that wouldn't really matter... But then she would be betting it on the assumption that he would fall in love with her immediately after remember...
Old 2013-03-04, 21:58   Link #656
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Isn't that a Playstation Portable in Eita's hands when kindergarten Ai was saying, "Lets get married"?
Wait, is that a Shoutout to The World God Only Knows?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:33   Link #657
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Most delicious!
Needs more Ai-chan though

Quote:
Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Great! Ep. 8 will be the swimsuit episode, hope it will be as good

Quote:
Episode 9.

A-chan wins this episode and this series. Best girl in the show!
Agreed. She was already good before, but this really convinced me.
あちゃん大勝利!Epic win. She would be a great fit for Eita, possibly even better than Masuzu, with that notebook for her own and all. Plus, she's the first girl wo finally had the guts to confess to Eita
She even told him that the phantom boyfriend was a lie.

During the fireworks, when she chased him and he ran into Chiwa and Himeka, he should've used the chance and claim Eita all for herself! She could've still said that she just broke up with her phantom boyfriend.

Masuzu needs to drop that "fake boyfriend" charade now, if she wants to compete.
Old 2013-03-05, 04:39   Link #658
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Agreed. She was already good before, but this really convinced me.
あちゃん大勝利!Epic win.
'Ai-chan daishouri!' has turned into a meme with me

Quote:
She would be a great fit for Eita, possibly even better than Masuzu, with that notebook for her own and all.
This, however, I can't agree with. The point is that Eita is _genuinely_ romance-averse, and this is his current disposition. His chuuni past is the _past_, which is merely used for leverage against him now. It does not define him anymore.

Whether or not Masuzu is his "best match" remains to be seen, but both intellectually and dispositionwise, she is by far the closest to Eita. She is also the only girl that he has been shown affected on a romantic level a couple of times, while his rescue operations for Chiwa, Hime and Ai have all essentially been merely efforts to help them. In a nutshell, both him and Masuzu are a bit more grown-up than the others.

Quote:
Plus, she's the first girl wo finally had the guts to confess to Eita
That's true, of course

Quote:
She even told him that the phantom boyfriend was a lie.
It was truly hilarious to have her state that so matter-of-factly while she was so panicked when she spun the lie earlier.

Quote:
Masuzu needs to drop that "fake boyfriend" charade now, if she wants to compete.
The thing is: Does she _want_ to compete? For the time being, she still maintains that romance is for losers. Did this really change yet? What fuels her insistence to keep a hold on Eita? Is it merely protectiveness of her belongings or jealousy?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 05:53   Link #659
EroKing

Old 2013-03-05, 06:24   Link #660
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Count me out. What a loser. She holding him to a promise made while at age 6.
oh come on! why not,yeah it's kinda overused trope at times but it's not really executed that bad here IMO. besides love knows no age....

incidentally looking at your SIG....

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen