AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 23:55   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Yeah...no. ZnT isn't Escaflowne.

Ideally season 4 should have;

1. A decent plotline.
2. Less over-the-top fanservice.
3. Actual development between Saito/Louise that doesn't get erased in a tsundere explosion.
4. A happy ending.

Realistically though, #4 is about the only one that I could see happening.
1. Subjective as viewers have different taste, and depending on if director does a good job.
2. Save as above.
3. Not going to happen.
4. Bittersweet can still be happy, if you have something like both get their memory erased of each other as they return to their homes. It's still happy on both ends (kind of)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 07:52   Link #82
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
1. Subjective as viewers have different taste, and depending on if director does a good job.
2. Save as above.
3. Not going to happen.
4. Bittersweet can still be happy, if you have something like both get their memory erased of each other as they return to their homes. It's still happy on both ends (kind of)
1. Viewers have different tastes, most prefer things (such as plot) which are good rather than things which are bad.

2. Again the majority wins here, even people who enjoy fanservice found it brought to ridiculous levels in season 3. It chokes the story and character development completely.

3. I didn't say it was likely (indeed quite the opposite) but this show has relied too much on tsundere retconning to the point nothing really matters. Another area the manga has been superior. I'd just like to see Saito/Louise actually develop as a couple. Louise can still make with the explosions and baka-baka insults etc, that's her character, but the writers can (and should) be more consistent with how Saito/Louise relate to each other thereafter.

4. That's not happy at all. That's a neutral ending that only further enhances how very little any of the series actually mattered. If Saito and Louise, despite it all, stay together in the end then the show actually has meaning. Sure it's amusing, light-hearted and has at least some interesting fantasy lore (S3 excluded) but at the heart of it it's still only a story about a boy and a girl. A happy ending (and the buildup towards it) is the only thing that could redeem the anime at this point.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:19   Link #83
rainbulder

Hello every one, I and new here! I LOVE ZnT! ^^

I have little news about season 4 that will air in january:

Ichiko Returns to Sing Last Zero no Tsukaima's Opening!!!!!!!!!

Yea, the song will be called I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU =D

Release date: February 01

An other song would be: Raise Kisushite also coming out in February 01 ^^

Ciao
rainbulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:59   Link #84
AP24

Found this from: http://www.zero-tsukaima.com/information.html#release

ゼロの使い魔Fオープニングとエンディングが決定!
オープニングはICHIKOさんの「I’LL BE THERE FOR YOU」、エンディングは
ルイズ(CV;釘宮理恵)の「キスシテ↑アゲナイ↓」です。

It means the OP theme is "I’LL BE THERE FOR YOU" by ICHIKO, and the ED theme is "Kisushite↑Agenai↓" by Louise (Rie Kugimiya)
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 00:56   Link #85
redflame

ooh not bad.. can't wait to listen to the songs
Old 2011-11-15, 03:37   Link #86
AP24

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/i...y-rie-kugimiya

According to this, the final season will adapt the light novels' final arc. So, I think we will get to see in the anime pretty much the same ending as in the light novels. If the final season will be 12 or 13 episodes then it's gonna be very rushed. I am sure we will get 24-26 episodes and it should be enough for covering the last 10 volumes.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:16   Link #87
rainbulder

I'm also sure about that! ^^
rainbulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 22:00   Link #88
AP24

The airdates for the first episode are finally out:
http://www.zero-tsukaima.com/information.html#broadcast

The earliest will be on 7 January at 8.30am on AT-X.

I also found some summary and pics of the new season:
http://www.zero-tsukaima.com/story.html#story

Last edited by AP24; 2011-11-27 at 22:12.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:02   Link #89
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
2. Save as above.
3. Not going to happen.
Considering how widely it was criticized and the terrible sales that followed, I dont think you can call it subjective. It was a firm majoritys opinion that ZNT shitty fanservice of anime ruined the plotline of the novels.

Novels have plenty of fanservice but the plot and characters are never drawned in the huge amound of fanservice.

In anime they rushed the plot, the characters and thus lost any depth that the story had making it the story about boobs and the spell 'Explosion' that follows it. Novels are no Shakespeare and are rather simplistic but it never was so dumb like anime made it look.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 10:33   Link #90
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Tsukaima F will be 1-cour.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5640.html

Might be the biggest rush job ever in anime.
Old 2011-12-03, 12:18   Link #91
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Yikes. Only 1 cour for the final season? With the amount of content it will require to be up to speed with the light novels, this is going to be horribly rushed. Mind you, to hope for more might have been a bit naive given it lost much of it's popularity with the mess that was season 3.

Oh well, least we won't have to wait long to see the epic conclusion.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:24   Link #92
tsunade666

1 cour? with all that material remaining? like volume 11-22 or is it 21 which will be the ending >.>? but heck I won't even hope for anything on this. This was a lost cause.

They will probably just animate the war and do an anime original ending
Old 2011-12-04, 04:47   Link #93
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

They've already stated they are going to be faithful to the source material (light novel). That said, an anime original ending doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Most people consider ZnT season 2 to be the best season and it was almost entirely original.
Old 2011-12-04, 10:14   Link #94
tsunade666

I love the first season more than the second season. Second season would be epic if they let Saito die and wait for a third season to revive him back but to bad thus the third season turn into some pretty horrible bad for me.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:15   Link #95
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't remember watching the first two seasons much. But I did enjoy the first few volumes, a lot so I think I'd vote for the first season. It's rated higher too.

I really hope this gets the light novel translation going again.
Old 2011-12-05, 07:46   Link #96
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I love the first season more than the second season. Second season would be epic if they let Saito die and wait for a third season to revive him back but to bad thus the third season turn into some pretty horrible bad for me.
The problem with multiple season animes is that they need to make each season look as a whole, with a beginning and an end. If they actually killed Saito and didn't get enough sales to make a third season, the fans would simply rage at them with all their might.

Also, anyone knows if this is going to have double of chapters? Because from what I see, they need to cover like half of the story. And from what I'm seeing on Shana's current airing, they need at least four or three episodes to cover a volume properly.

4 x 9 (volumes) = 36 episodes

Now I want to see how they manage to make all that fit in one season...
Old 2011-12-05, 09:57   Link #97
tsunade666

the translation is being resumed in slow paced.

And I know that if season 2 didn't sell well then there won't be a season 3 but a little originality isn't that bad. Plus having the MC die in the end isn't really that rare. If they direct it right. It can be accepted by fans. Plus if your a novel reader then you know he will comeback if there will be a new season.

It just felt the emotion you had in the near end is gone wasted.

And I'm not hoping for it to become decent given that they will animate 2 long arcs in 1 season. The only hope I have is having 2 seasons but heck they pushed it for 1 season. They are really wasting it >.>

Though for now with the announcement of 1 cour season. I still think that ending it in the Galia war is enough and not go into elven arc though it will be sad too not see it
Old 2011-12-05, 10:31   Link #98
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I don't know. It was quite touching seeing Louise and Saito's reunion when he came back to life. We'd have seen that in S3 anyway, so it's not like that wasted anything. More of a waste was how they decided just to retcon away most of S2 for S3. Even if it didn't necessarily follow the story they could have built on it.

Did they not suggest the anime will have the same ending as the light novels? The problem isn't that it's 1 cour, just that there is seemingly too much subject material to put in there unless they rush-job, skip bits, or both.

Either which way, it could only get better than S3.
Old 2011-12-07, 23:28   Link #99
Athena
The Power of One

1-cour? Should be like as if Shana got reduced to 12 eps for all its story to be animated lol

Spoiler for SPOILER for planning:

That's what I predict.
Old 2011-12-08, 13:24   Link #100
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
They've already stated they are going to be faithful to the source material (light novel). That said, an anime original ending doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Most people consider ZnT season 2 to be the best season and it was almost entirely original.
Its impossible to be faithful to original source in one cour. Its like one volume - one episode. I have never heard of such utter rushing before. No one does it but again ZnT anime was a lost case - an fanservice filled, dumb crap already so why not making it suck utterly and completely so for the sake of retarded LOL's?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote