AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 12:32   Link #861
ookamigirl

Takatsuki finally revealed herself to everyone.
Well, they took it in quite well.
Guess she really liked her new friends since she kept postponing her rescue.
At this point, Kaito sure is a popular guy...
The mutual confession part was really sweet ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:09   Link #862
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
The thing about her age.

She could very well be the same age as Manami or more, well in her 30's.
OK, no one else noticed that the picture hanging on the Cafe wall to the right is of Oscar Wilde who had a rather famous (and topical) novel called the Picture of Dorian Gray?
Old 2012-03-07, 21:13   Link #863
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So she received effective immortality or eternal youth by sending it's essence inside a portrait she cannot see lest she more or less die?

Hmmm.....
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:17   Link #864
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Galaxy Express 999 reference was made of win. I bet Kaito would try to find a way to Andromeda. Hmm, Ichika coming across Captain Harlock would be fantastic though.

Remon is just made of awesomeness. She may or may not be a MIB agent(she definitely knows more than she is telling), but she certainly knows when the tell the protagonist to stop sulking and she films using a telefoto lens LIKE A BOSS. Good to know that she's happy with Ichika and Kaito being a couple. Wonder if the show will reveal that she's Agent I(for Ichigo ). If so , bet she says "You remind me so much of Mizuho."

Kanna also carries a lot of the emotional weight of the episode as we see that she first started to have feeling for him when she saw that he was still trying to smile after having lost his parents. Kanna also gets her chance to tell Ichika to stop running away(you go girl!) and that she just has to reach out to be with the one she loves(you tell her, Kanna!). At least Kanna has Tetsurou to comfort her, but now poor Mio.

I am hoping that this is the end of the alien subplot because frankly, that part is the weakest facet of this show. When it focuses on the human drama and the love comedy with the cast, that's when it shines. And such a winning kiss for Kaito and Ichika. Episode gets a 9/10 and this is certainly one of the best romances of this season.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 04:05   Link #865
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that Kaito and Ichika are officially together, I hope the series will now focus on the far more interesting love triangle: Mio - Testsurou - Kanna. The outcome of this one is hard to predict. Personally, I'm rooting for Mio.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:37   Link #866
cyth
Banned

As much as I was fist-pumping for Mio in previous episodes, the girl has obviously had a breakthrough in terms of personality growth. I'm afraid Tetsurou will become an icon of personal struggle for her, as she will soon find out there are other boys outside her little friend circle. Indeed, Kaito-tachi served her well to get more confidence as a person. She's done with this group.

So Mio, I heard you don't like wearing cotton?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 06:34   Link #867
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that Kaito and Ichika are officially together, I hope the series will now focus on the far more interesting love triangle: Mio - Testsurou - Kanna. The outcome of this one is hard to predict. Personally, I'm rooting for Mio.
Indeed so am I. It is fascinating how Mio managed to evolve from the least likeable character to my favourite. I guess it is her personality shift. I dont like the timid insecure anime girls much and Mio is blooming into a real beauty here..... something I can totally relate to. Plus I think she looks better with Tetsuro than Kanna, K/T look more like good pals to me than a romantic couple.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 07:08   Link #868
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'm not sure about "solving" the triangle yet. Creating a definite couple out of the 3 seems kinda forced to me, no matter with whom Tetsuro would end up with. As far as we can tell, as of yet, Kanna never saw Tetsuro as more than a friend just as he obviously never saw Mio like that either (despite his playful remarks on her beauty). This ofc can change but then again I doubt we'll have enough story time left to make this change believable.

That's why I think the only way I see a couple from the triangle happening smoothly would be a time skip like: Ichika having to leave but coming back after a few months/years after which we see Tetsuro being together with one of the girls.

The triangle could also end on a much more subtle note, merely hinting at future development of one pairing without a definite statement.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 10:59   Link #869
Solafighter
Hige

I thought about it for a while and would find it unusual, if Kana and Tetsuru would end up together. In your average anime, those couples almost never end up beeing a pair, but just friends. Kana is not realy seeing Tetsuro as a potential boyfriend, but as a very good friend, who is there for her.

But if you ask me, it would be a very suitable couple. At least, they look good together.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:00   Link #870
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think it's been in the direction of MioxTetsuro for a while now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 12:48   Link #871
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Indeed so am I. It is fascinating how Mio managed to evolve from the least likeable character to my favourite. I guess it is her personality shift. I dont like the timid insecure anime girls much and Mio is blooming into a real beauty here..... something I can totally relate to. Plus I think she looks better with Tetsuro than Kanna, K/T look more like good pals to me than a romantic couple.
Me three the triangle is far more interesting (and funny and ecchi), and if that's not enough, Ichika X Kaito pales in comparison to the original Mizuho X Kei
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 13:05   Link #872
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
if that's not enough, Ichika X Kaito pales in comparison to the original Mizuho X Kei
In what way? I don't remember Kei jumping off cliffs to save his woman.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:35   Link #873
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd ... finally caught up with this series as well.

Must say that I have been really impressed with it ... it seems to ... hmm ... "maximize" the time it is allotted. Very little feels "wasted" or "unnecessary", and the story and character development moves along very steadily and at a pleasing pace - not too fast and not too slow. The folks behind this series really have done an excellent job thus far. Kudos to them!

7.5/10 vote for ep 8 and a 8/10 vote for ep 9. Well done and solid.
Old 2012-03-09, 10:43   Link #874
CWW
Lurker

I feel so bad for Kanna. Respect, girl.

Also am I the only one who's a little bit bothered that everyone's stalking everyone? And I'm not talking about Remon. First Kanna gets up super early to wait for Ichika to leave the house, which, fine, she had a reason to. Then Tetsuro appears out of nowhere to comfort Kanna, which okay, he doesn't like seeing her sad. Then the camera pans out to Mio behind a shed. Like omg. She knew exactly what would happen and where it would happen. INCEPTION.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 10:48   Link #875
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ichika and Kaito getting pretty steamy in that preview, like it's all going down the road to sex. Sucks to be Kanna if that happens in front of her.

I smell NTR...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:03   Link #876
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Considering I find Yandere adoreable (too bad we won't be getting any here ), everyone stalking everybody else don't bother me one bit.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 15:34   Link #877
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Considering I find Yandere adoreable (too bad we won't be getting any here ), everyone stalking everybody else don't bother me one bit.
Although Mio going Nice Boat on everyone would be the best ending ever.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 15:38   Link #878
Xaturas

I hope this story will be more original/different than all the romance stuff that is produced lately.
If they get to do H then even better, as it gives more maturity to the story.
At least each and every character have some character of his own, it doesn't feel like the usual copy & paste romance where you gather few stereotypes then write something on your leg and call it romance story.
Old 2012-03-09, 16:56   Link #879
warita
Dai-Youkai

I doubt there will be any H, there is not enough episodes left for it. Maybe in a spin off.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 17:30   Link #880
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Like in the Onegai Sensei OVA/bonus episode
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen