AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 02:00   Link #861
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
"THERE IS NO LEMON!!" (lemon ga nee yo!)
Actually, it's "THERE IS NO LEMONADE" as written (either way it's a parody of the line "THERE ARE NO FACES" from the game/manga).
Old 2009-07-02, 02:24   Link #862
Nih

Gaap did play a number on me

Last edited by Nih; 2010-04-07 at 18:06. Reason: off-topic
Old 2009-07-02, 02:30   Link #863
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Uhh, Nih, I think Gaap is warping your posts into this thread from somewhere else or something.
Old 2009-07-02, 02:42   Link #864
Saerianne
*cackle*

LOL
Freaking Gaap. She's scary but I love her at the same time.

Also, thanks for that translation. I really need to learn Japanese. It's killing me. Class didn't make it at school and yeah. =p
Old 2009-07-02, 02:57   Link #865
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I keep thinking of Droopy-tan whenever I hear Eva (even when she was pissed off). I'm half-expecting her to sidetrack us with her rubbish notebook full of UFOs.
Old 2009-07-02, 03:47   Link #866
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Or proclaim godhoo- OOPS.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:38   Link #867
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I'm just curious, whoever finds that episode bad, how would he/she animate the whole game-episode1 inside 5x20 minutes. How would he/she want to improve the anime if he/she considers it bad as it is now?
It's inevitable it's going to feel rushed, it's also not surprising the character interactions are suffering a lot, but would you like it more if they'd sacrifice the important key-points? That would make even less sense. I also don't like some things (my thoughts on this like 4 pages earlier somehwere), but I cannot blame them for being rushed and a bit incoherent as it is now. Having played Higurashi game episode1, and watched the series fully, IMO they still did a better job here than with the Higurashi adaptation.
I'm kinda puzzled why all the RAGE against the anime-series now that it's finally here. Sure it didn't met everyone's expectations, but I can't expect the perfect adaptation from Umineko, since the source material is really long, and only several scenes were negligible filler-like so it's really not the best source game to make an exceptionally great adaptation.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:46   Link #868
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Well, for one, I would give Natsuhi her room back. Poor woman!

To be serious, though, I don't see as much "RAGE" going on as you seem to. It really wasn't an enjoyable anime episode because of poor transitions, the fact that pretty much all we know about Battler is that he likes boobs and doesn't believe in witches, the tension was pretty low throughout (especially by neglecting the epitaph)... but most people don't seem terribly angry, and it's not like that part of the game was super exciting anyway.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:49   Link #869
Saerianne
*cackle*

I thought the episode was fine with what it covered. Could have had a bit more background about battler and the family and the epitaph, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that these will be thoroughly discussed in future episodes.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:55   Link #870
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Maybe I exaggerate wording it as RAGE, but there is a surprisingly amount of low votes inside the episode1 thread (especially from people I wouldn't expected that from), plus I can read many disappointments mostly about the pace and such.

So I'm asking them what would they change if they are limited to 5x20 minutes?
I for one would probably do it almost identically as the anime done so, except maybe remove Battler's idiocy and spend that precious 10 seconds on something else, as IIRC it doesn't have any relevance in the entire game after that scene. (To be honest, I don't even remember the word "boobs" after that at all, I see no reason why is he portrayed as a pervert at the beginning and ignore that aspect completely after that. Maybe his pervert self resurfaces when the stake nee-chans appears at the first time, but that's not relevant either. And it clearly doesn't make any difference later that he's afraid of traveling on boat and airplane).

Edit: Anyway that's just my personal really minor nitpick (hell it's like 10 seconds after all), let's not sidetrack that way. But I'm interested to hear how would anyone improve the adaptation when he/she considers it crappy in it's current state.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-02 at 05:09.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:58   Link #871
Saerianne
*cackle*

I'm sure they'll bring pervy Battler back when he see's the stakes.
Do you think the pacing will slow down like everyone else is predicting? They just have lots to put in. As long as all the messages get thrown across, they can cut scenes out as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:07   Link #872
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Maybe I exaggerate wording it as RAGE, but there is a surprisingly amount of low votes inside the episode1 thread (especially from people I wouldn't expected that from), plus I can read many disappointments mostly about the pace and such.
A surprising amount of low votes, you mean the large amount of 7s and 8s? There's very little of anything less, and 7 still says "good" on it, doesn't it?
Old 2009-07-02, 05:08   Link #873
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I need to ask an opinion regarding the first episode...

Don't you think it's a bit too early for people to be going completely apeshit? I mean, I don't think Natsuhi and Eva were that brazenly confrontational and Rosa didn't seem that violent towards Maria in Episode 1. IMHO, this degree of insanity was more akin to Episode 2 than 1.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:12   Link #874
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Hnn, really? I felt like Natsuhi and Eva really did have that vibe going in the game, and while the slapping looks a little harder than I expected, it was supposed to be a rather ugly scene.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:16   Link #875
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Realy not my intention to be impolite, but yes. IMHO the other series I'm following receiving less low votes, and I dare to say some of those are justified, but I tend to disagree here, especially from people, whom I would have expected otherwise.
But as I said it's not just the votes, it's also for those who complain about the pace, how would he/she like the anime to be compressed to consider it satisfying pace-wise.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:22   Link #876
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think it's too early to have a pacing discussion and most people will change their tune by ep I-5.
Old 2009-07-02, 06:25   Link #877
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Actually, it's "THERE IS NO LEMONADE" as written (either way it's a parody of the line "THERE ARE NO FACES" from the game/manga).
I don't know why I missed the "ne-do" syllables, but I guess it was lack of sleep.
Old 2009-07-02, 06:58   Link #878
Alaya
Counter Force

I did give 7 for the rating. Well, it's really felt rushed but still in an acceptable rate. 7 is quite high for me though, since I never give perfect 10 to anything.

Some questions for you guys:

When EP2 and EP3 start airing and magic fly everywhere in the story, what will you guys tell the new viewer who become stunt by sudden change? Will you side with the witch and force them to believe in magic and fantasy? Or will you encourage them to fight the witch until the end?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-02, 07:11   Link #879
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
I did give 7 for the rating. Well, it's really felt rushed but still in an acceptable rate. 7 is quite high for me though, since I never give perfect 10 to anything.

Some questions for you guys:

When EP2 and EP3 start airing and magic fly everywhere in the story, what will you guys tell the new viewer who become stunt by sudden change? Will you side with the witch and force them to believe in magic and fantasy? Or will you encourage them to fight the witch until the end?
Honestly I don't want to herd anyone to either anti-fantasy or anti-mystery camps since, you know, none of the answer arcs have even been released. I'm personally gonna continue sitting on the fence until one of the answer arcs are released, and only then will I choose a side to join.

On a side note, I have a feeling that once the first metaworld scene wraps up and viewers ware formally introduced to the game between Battler and Beatrice, we VN players might need to go and start orienting viewers on the game or something, since I doubt the anime will be too clear on that.
Old 2009-07-02, 07:26   Link #880
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The only thing I will encourage them is to think by themselves if they want to side with the witch or with the humans. At best I could let them know some hints that are missing in the anime.

Closed Thread