AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-05-26, 08:53   Link #10681
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
It has probably been mentioned before, but 07151129 means GOLD. If you think of the four numbers Battler names as his birthday and the four next numbers as separate groups you get 0715 and 1129. 07 = G as it is the seventh letter in the alphabet and 15 = O as it is the 15th letter. Now for the next group, 11 = K which is one letter before L and 29 = C which is one letter before D if you start from the beginning after reaching Z.

so 07 = G, 15 = O, 11 + 1 = L an 29 + 1 = D. GOLD.
Close... close enough that I want to believe it, considering how simply easy it would make the whole 07151129 debate, but that adding one only onto the third and fourth pairs makes me doubtful.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 09:41   Link #10682
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Close... close enough that I want to believe it, considering how simply easy it would make the whole 07151129 debate, but that adding one only onto the third and fourth pairs makes me doubtful.
There are clear hints in the scene in ep 3 when the number is discovered that points to splitting the number in two groups, 0715 and 1129. The whole point of that birthday debate was to clearly specify that 0715 and 1129 are supposed to be individual numbers. Which means that it would kinda make sense that the third and 4th pairs are different, right? It makes sense for those two groups to have SLIGHTLY different rules. Also I looked it up, and it seems to match pretty well with Ceasar's cipher, a code encryption technique of some sort.

Imo, it matches way too well... I mean, I wouldn't even have brought it up if you had to add one to 11 and 2 to 29 for example... but the pattern with one to both of them seems to perfect to be a coincidence to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:26   Link #10683
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well 07151129 = Gold might bring us somewhere if we think it's something other than the safety deposit boxes.

I also said this before. C.S. Lewis was born 11/29/1898. He also wrote some books referencing Dante like Umineko does. I don't know who would've read any of his books in Umineko though.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:34   Link #10684
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Well 07151129 = Gold might bring us somewhere if we think it's something other than the safety deposit boxes.

I also said this before. C.S. Lewis was born 11/29/1898. He also wrote some books referencing Dante like Umineko does. I don't know who would've read any of his books in Umineko though.
Battler might have seeing as how he was the only one so far to referrence to the Comedy. Considering that he reads a good number, it is highly possible to read some of C.S. Lewis' works. As for Battler's name, I thought it was pronounced "Senju."
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:35   Link #10685
Geekodot

to back it up further, I will quote George's tip from ep3.

"In exchange for his soul, the witch gave 8 numbers.

07151129, if you say it, a small golden land will be opened."

Im absolutely convinced now, it seems pretty obvious from that hint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:36   Link #10686
Thunder Book
Endless Member

I don't see why Kinzo might not know about them. Maybe Maria too.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:45   Link #10687
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
to back it up further, I will quote George's tip from ep3.

"In exchange for his soul, the witch gave 8 numbers.

07151129, if you say it, a small golden land will be opened."

Im absolutely convinced now, it seems pretty obvious from that hint.
I mostly use that to pin George for making the safety deposit boxes.

The account would be what a "small golden land" would refer to anyway since it's secretly stored just like the gold is. If it really means gold it should tell us more than just what the TIPs say. If it's something other than a pin number the word "Gold" probably points to a person.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-05-26 at 14:59.
Old 2010-05-26, 15:02   Link #10688
Judoh
Mystery buff

Obvious is good, but unless it connects us to something or someone I don't want to bet all my chips on it.

Even the C.S. Lewis thing was just an interesting thing I found out. I don't really know how it'd connect in Umineko, other than some of the references to Dante's inferno, since I haven't read his books.

These things don't help us much unless they bring us to conclusions. It doesn't become true just because it's obvious. It has to fit somewhere.
Old 2010-05-26, 15:16   Link #10689
ErenselTheJester

Okay, I looked a little into C.S. Lewis' works, I strongly believe that Umineko's answer must include some form of theological thought. Also, I looked into numerology and I found different ways into summing up numbers and giving them alphabetical value. In this case:

*07151129 = (GPY)(AJS)(ENW)(AJS)(AJS)(BKT)(IR) *zero has no alphabetic value

If I were to add the numbers in pairs: 7622*= (GPY)(FOX)(BKT)(BKT) *2+9= 11 so I had to add up the sum as well since this is Helyn Hitchcock's method.

Now, for the definition fo the numbers.
0 is All
7 is Thought
1 is Person
5 is Action
1 is Person
1 is Person
2 is Balance
9 is Highest Level of Change

When you look at it that way, it seems there is a pattern to the arrangement of the numbers. To me it looks like the stages of life starting from the Creator to the Death of the Creation. I'll look more into it later to see if it can fit into anything. I'll try to see if I can use numerology to get some answers.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 15:36   Link #10690
Judoh
Mystery buff

Look forward to seeing where it leads you. I kind of thought about that occult aspect myself, but when I just searched "numerology" I didn't find anything that helped much.
Old 2010-05-26, 15:38   Link #10691
Kylon99

As far as I understand it, this is Hebrew Numerology, right? It must figure into occult practices a lot and at the least, probably George, Maria and Kinzo know of this stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_numerology

If I remember correctly, people liked to use this method on their names as they thought there was some kind of significance to it. For example in Revelations the idea was that you were supposed to calculate the number of <something or someone> to arrive at 666.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 15:40   Link #10692
Judoh
Mystery buff

@ErenselTheJester: 0 might have a meaning in hebrew. They have a letter for "silence" in their alphabet
Old 2010-05-26, 18:06   Link #10693
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
I'm staying away from the numbers. It's too easy to make them mean anything one wants, really.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 20:17   Link #10694
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
It basically showed us that there are puzzles that are impossible to solve if you do not undo the priming effect.
Sorry to drag this quote back up, but I just started a reread of EP1 and I found a scene that immediately brought it to mind.

Spoiler for Image:

Battler immediately assumed that Rosa remembered a promise to Kumasawa from last year's family conference. But we know that his impression of her is wrong, and Rosa even has trouble remembering promises to her own daughter. Doesn't that mean she must have met Kumasawa more recently?
Old 2010-05-26, 20:35   Link #10695
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Sorry to drag this quote back up, but I just started a reread of EP1 and I found a scene that immediately brought it to mind.

Spoiler for Image:

Battler immediately assumed that Rosa remembered a promise to Kumasawa from last year's family conference. But we know that his impression of her is wrong, and Rosa even has trouble remembering promises to her own daughter. Doesn't that mean she must have met Kumasawa more recently?
That's not all that unusual since Rosa met the adults shortly before the conference also. That may be a hint in episode 5 too since it's Rosa specifically that we see the adults call.

I'm not sure how we can connect Kumasawa to the adults though. If she did meet them that might place some of the other servants on the anti-Krauss faction.
Old 2010-05-26, 20:44   Link #10696
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
That's not all that unusual since Rosa met the adults shortly before the conference also. That may be a hint in episode 5 too since it's Rosa specifically that we see the adults call.

I'm not sure how we can connect Kumasawa to the adults though. If she did meet them that might place some of the other servants on the anti-Krauss faction.
If you were aiming for a "Rosa Culprit" theory like I am currently, you could use this to say Rosa was using Kumasawa to help her set up the neccessary things for the murders on the island.
Old 2010-05-26, 21:20   Link #10697
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
If you were aiming for a "Rosa Culprit" theory like I am currently, you could use this to say Rosa was using Kumasawa to help her set up the neccessary things for the murders on the island.
OH GOD. what's his sin going to be ?

Something like:

Rosa: "Batleeeeeeerrrrr!! You promised!!! You promised you'd help take care of Maria for me!! You promised you'd help me get rid of that annoying "uu uu"" UUUUUUUUU!!!! what happened!? Where were you the past six years!? I hope you enjoy your crappy magic show! You'll be that brat's baby sitter for all eternity in the golden land!! Kihihihihi!!"
Old 2010-05-26, 21:31   Link #10698
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
OH GOD. what's his sin going to be ?

Something like:

Rosa: "Batleeeeeeerrrrr!! You promised!!! You promised you'd help take care of Maria for me!! You promised you'd help me get rid of that annoying "uu uu"" UUUUUUUUU!!!! what happened!? Where were you the past six years!? I hope you enjoy your crappy magic show! You'll be that brat's baby sitter for all eternity in the golden land!! Kihihihihi!!"
While this made me laugh, it wasn't quite what I was getting at.
Though it did get me thinking...
Battler made a promise with Jessica/Shannon and then broke it, causing some rift. This indirectly caused Jessica as Maria's cousin, or Shannon as Beatrice to stop playing with Maria for a year or two. This added stress onto Rosa's normal levels, which was the tipping point for the creation of the Black Witch, who is the part of Rosa which advocates the murder of her family.
It sort of works, on an indirect level.

I'm kinda half doing this "Rosa Culprit" for the hell of it, half becuase I actually want to see if it works. I've already got Episode 1 and 2 down (though 2 is a little shaky towards the end), but 3 is where it starts to get tough.
I determined the culprit is either Rosa or George though, so if Rosa fails, I'll run through the Episodes with George.
Old 2010-05-26, 21:46   Link #10699
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
While this made me laugh, it wasn't quite what I was getting at.
Though it did get me thinking...
Battler made a promise with Jessica/Shannon and then broke it, causing some rift. This indirectly caused Jessica as Maria's cousin, or Shannon as Beatrice to stop playing with Maria for a year or two. This added stress onto Rosa's normal levels, which was the tipping point for the creation of the Black Witch, who is the part of Rosa which advocates the murder of her family.
It sort of works, on an indirect level.

I'm kinda half doing this "Rosa Culprit" for the hell of it, half becuase I actually want to see if it works. I've already got Episode 1 and 2 down (though 2 is a little shaky towards the end), but 3 is where it starts to get tough.
I determined the culprit is either Rosa or George though, so if Rosa fails, I'll run through the Episodes with George.
Heh heh... Well I meant it to be funny. I'm pinning George seriously in episode 2 just because it seems to work so well. I haven't been able to find much of a motive for George other than the sin against Shannon.

I wrote up a partial backstory in my freetime, but... it mostly revolves around Kinzo. For my theory to work Shannon has to imply that Kinzo is "not well" and George has to kind of figure out on his own from overhearing the adults that Kinzo is probably dead. Then I have a whole dialogue where he gets all possessive and proclaims himself as the master of the island. It's really crappy writing. I should really get back to it, but I want to do the anti mystery theory now...
Old 2010-05-26, 21:54   Link #10700
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
I wrote up a partial backstory in my freetime, but... it mostly revolves around Kinzo. For my theory to work Shannon has to imply that Kinzo is "not well" and George has to kind of figure out on his own from overhearing the adults that Kinzo is probably dead.
Well, considering George is the cousin who spends the most time among the adults, he could probably work it out himself that Kinzo is dead, even if Shannon doesn't imply it. He's pretty intelligent.