Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 21:28   Link #681
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Katze transformed form was revealed on official site
Spoiler:
I knew it! We see him in that form in the OP if you look really closely. Look at about the 0.55 sec mark on the OP and you can see him in his transformed form blended in with an artistic cosmic background.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 23:58   Link #682
dark998

I liked the recap only because the narration of the G-team members provided some new info, like OD age or that Utsutsu actually hated Hajime at first. But of course the real meat was the last 10 minutes. Last episode will feature both OD and Katze G-suits, so...all set for grand finale?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:39   Link #683
MartianMage

I don't get it... a few episodes back we know for a fact that X can forcibly remove a user from the crowds so why not just do that?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:45   Link #684
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I don't get it... a few episodes back we know for a fact that X can forcibly remove a user from the crowds so why not just do that?
That doesn't make for a dramatic cliffhanger. Rui will probably ask X to try it next week.
Old 2013-09-21, 01:00   Link #685
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
That doesn't make for a dramatic cliffhanger. Rui will probably ask X to try it next week.
I mean way before the end of the episode. The moment Rui got control of X again they should have tried that from the start... why come up with this plan asking everyone to get on Galax...
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-09-21, 03:54   Link #686
Rui-nyan
GALAX User

Looking back at the episode, I highly doubt Katze actually planned any of the events in the 2nd half. Heck, everything up to the Prime Minister giving out free Smartphones to people was Hajime's idea from the start considering she wrote that script that he was supposed to say - it was only when he decided to make that message that things started to go haywire.

And seeing that Katze pulled out that Message Board just right after X returned to Rui, it would make more sense that Katze just happened to have found the right time to pull of one last Batman Gambit at the very moment when the Prime Minister got on air. It is still pretty insane of him though considering this will still inevitably end with some of the "Justice" Crowds users killing the Neo Crowds users.

Either ways, looks like next week is finally O.D's time to shine, I still wonder how their going to get him to fight without ending the game right away though, maybe the MESS will eat Katze and O.D so he can "Bird, Go" on Katze
Rui-nyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:11   Link #687
Gohan78
Awakened One

Guess they were short on budget and had to do a half-recap episode. If a recap must be done, I prefer it this way, with the character sharing their thoughts with the audience rather than a simple rehash of old scenes.

Can't say that I share the G-men's enthusiasm for Hajime. She is always this convenient plot device that never fails nor falters. She doesn't look like a real human being to me. I know that the expression "Mary Sue" is dreaded here but I have never seen a bigger author insert character than her.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:27   Link #688
Suryce

I actually liked the recap more than the real new part of the episode. Having each Gatchaman express how they reacted to and changed because of Hajime felt much more interesting and touching than the rest to me.

Quote:
The source of the Crowds power is not Galax itself but Rui's NOTE, and Katze still has it (he comments on that fact after X disconnects him from Rui's Galax account).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78
Can't say that I share the G-men's enthusiasm for Hajime. She is always this convenient plot device that never fails nor falters. She doesn't look like a real human being to me. I know that the expression "Mary Sue" is dreaded here but I have never seen a bigger author insert character than her.
How is Hajime an insert of the author? And before that, who is this "author" exactly?
And I have a third question if you don't mind, does Superman look like a human being to you?

Last edited by Suryce; 2013-09-21 at 05:01.
Suryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 06:25   Link #689
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Same i liked the recap too, but it still feels like a big death flag.

I love characters like Hajime aswell (excluding lacus cline) especially when they have a personality like that, one of the reasons i loved Rinne no lagrange was because of Madoka.

If anyone knows of any other animes that have girls like hajime plz post them ^^
Old 2013-09-21, 07:50   Link #690
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post
The source of the Crowds power is not Galax itself but Rui's NOTE, and Katze still has it (he comments on that fact after X disconnects him from Rui's Galax account).
What's that got to do about the fact that X can forcibly remove users from the crowds?
Old 2013-09-21, 08:16   Link #691
Kazu-kun

Quote:
What's that got to do about the fact that X can forcibly remove users from the crowds?
Maybe X can only do that if Rui has the his Note.
Old 2013-09-21, 09:23   Link #692
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well that was strange, we had half an episode of 'Tributes to Hajime: A death flag clip show'
Messiah archetype complete...
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 09:28   Link #693
Dop
Mmmm....

X was able to remove users from Crowds V1

Since then Katze sent out Crowds V2, and we now have V3. Maybe those won't allow users to be removed without shutting down X? Berg Katze isn't stupid and probably wouldn't let the new versions be shut down that easily.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 09:33   Link #694
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Maybe X can only do that if Rui has the his Note.
I suppose we can go with that but it kinda feels too convenient for me... meh

@Dop

Katze never updated the crowds. He simply picked 100 new members who he thought was easy to manipulate. This "upgraded crowds"(doubtful if it actually exists) was the supposed reward for hunting down the prime minister.
Old 2013-09-21, 10:15   Link #695
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I suppose we can go with that but it kinda feels too convenient for me... meh
It makes sense though. Crowds is a power of Rui's Note, that much was clearly stated. X was just managing it. Now Katze has Rui's Note, and when X kicked Katze out of the system, she lost the ability to manage the Crowds (X's a "she," right? )
Old 2013-09-21, 10:26   Link #696
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It makes sense though. Crowds is a power of Rui's Note, that much was clearly stated. X was just managing it. Now Katze has Rui's Note, and when X kicked Katze out of the system, she lost the ability to manage the Crowds (X's a "she," right? )
hmmm... I have a different idea about how the crowds work but yeah that makes sense...

In any case... I'm gonna make a prediction now. Katze's plan is gonna backfire on him and it will still be the crowds that wrap this up. After all this is Gatchaman Crowds. The sweetest thing that every human likes is love.
Old 2013-09-21, 11:45   Link #697
bones

Or watching the misery of others which is more in line with Katze's character.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 11:47   Link #698
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Or watching the misery of others which is more in line with Katze's character.
Except it's Katze the one asking the question... and Hajime is the one who's gonna answer the question.
Old 2013-09-21, 23:51   Link #699
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Credit goes to Croos on Random Curiosity

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-22, 00:17   Link #700
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Credit goes to Croos on Random Curiosity

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
OMG! That's awesome!

Tags
reimagining, science fiction, superhero