AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 21:40   Link #361
prnoct90

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCCG-963
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 04:57   Link #362
Peanutbutter

Mugi, Ritsu and Azunyan's songs are out. Boy, Mugi can sing.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 09:52   Link #363
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I loved Azunyan~'s single ~su!
Old 2009-08-25, 10:09   Link #364
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
I loved Azunyan~'s single ~su!
Which song? I like her 2nd track better.....so cute!

P.S She is mine.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 10:19   Link #365
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Title of the song is "Does it matter?" and "Go talk to a wall" ~su.
Title says it all ~su.
Old 2009-08-25, 10:33   Link #366
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Come to think of it, Ritsu's first track Girly Storm Shissou Stick is a disappointment. I was expecting something more than just simple runs across the set. But the second song totally suits her character. Carefree with a 100% heck care attitude. The honk in the middle of the song is hilarious, never expected it, but it would be better if there is a "bish" at the end of the song (Mio smashing Ritsu's skull in with Elizabeth).

And someone here is right. Mugi is one hell of a singer. She has a pretty voice. The first track's title is interesting.... Keyboard's Magic? She sure can work magic with her fingers (double entendre intended), the instrumental part is one of the nicest I have heard since Gentle Jena.....but I doubt the song can be replicated on a 76-key. The B-F# x5 G-C A-D G-C range is a little too high towards the end. Hummingbird reminds me of Clannad S2's ending......what is its name again?

It is disappointing she doesn't have a song for lilies.

Azunyan's Let's Go! is rather similar to Yui's in terms of style and even voice. Uguu?

P.S Does anyone have the translated lyrics for Azunyan's Watashi ha watashi no Michi wo Yuku? She made a mention of nekomimi.....I wonder what that means.....Uguu.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-08-25 at 10:50.
Old 2009-08-25, 11:35   Link #367
onemadcow

First day numbers will be up for Mugi, Ritsu & Azusa tomorrow, also have some early figures for the OP/ED, HTT & DD

Death Devil - 15464 total sales, #31 for the week
Don't Say Lazy - 161163 total sales, #59 for the week
Cagayake Girls - 144909 total sales, #79 for the week
Hokago Tea Time - 100221 total sales, #37 for the week

I'll drop in the rest of the old singles when I can get the figures, probably next monday.

As for the new single, Mugi wins hands down. Best songs, best voice. Azusa's will probably grow on me, much like Cagayake did, but the structre is pretty chaotic; i need to get used to it first. More tomorrow...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 13:27   Link #368
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Mugi, Ritsu and Azunyan's songs are out. Boy, Mugi can sing.
Oye.... (scurry scurry scurry)

Yeah, even as backup it was clear Mugi's VA has a powerful voice. I am interested to see how Azunyan turns out though.

EDIT:
Review: Azunyan turned out piping cute ... yeah her second track (Watashi ha Watashi no Michi wo Yuku) is my favorite. Her rendition of "Let's Go" is perky and her sidestep of that last "Let's go" wail that Mio's VA blasts into the heavens fits the character nicely. Some interesting guitar work to reflect her style.

Review: Tsumugi has a very professional sound and obviously likes to use her keyboard for vocal sampling -- nice how the songs reflect the way they'd probably handle the tunes. Both her 1-2 tracks were nice though smoother than I tend to like. Her rendition of "Let's go" was executed well but Tsumugi just isn't an edgy kind of girl (however much she'd like to be ). Tsumugi fans should be happy I think. The keyboard work has a very retro '60s feel to it.

Review: Ritsu's tracks reflect her tomboyish energetic ADD nature (shades of Ichigo Masimaro). I liked the first track... the second track was more comedic and less musical, more purposely near-key singing. Her voicing is fine - she sounds like she's enjoying herself and I heard rarely an off-note. Drumming wasn't spectacular, but again reflected the idea we've got a high schooler who is a competent drummer.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-25 at 18:06.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 06:39   Link #369
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Review: Azunyan turned out piping cute ... yeah her second track (Watashi ha Watashi no Michi wo Yuku) is my favorite. Her rendition of "Let's Go" is perky and her sidestep of that last "Let's go" wail that Mio's VA blasts into the heavens fits the character nicely. Some interesting guitar work to reflect her style.
Azunyan sounds totally like a kid! I swear I heard a 10 year old singing!

Then again, up till now I say that Mio's voice is still the most mature. Maybe making her do a duet with Azunyan might be a good idea.

We could try synching their Let's Go! for a start.

Old 2009-08-26, 07:10   Link #370
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then again, up till now I say that Mio's voice is still the most mature. Maybe making her do a duet with Azunyan might be a good idea.
Mio's voice actress is 24 yo and her voice in the series was probably closer to her real voice than any other in the cast. Her songs in the series already sounded very mature, if anything when compared to Yui's version, whereas Toyosaki Aki gives us a even sweeter flavour of her already default sweet voice.

Azunyan's seiyuu is 20, so I agree she's surprising in the first track, sounding much more like a kid. She sounds a bit older in the second, though.

Ritsu is.. being Ritsu. The songs are fitting and the voice actress (Satou Satomi, 23) does a good job in conveying a strong tempered teenager.

Anyway, who has impressed me the most out of these character songs, is Mugi's voice actress, Kotobuki Minako. She has a fluent and smooth way of singing, her voice in these songs is sweet but can vary through different tunes, the difference between track 1 and 2 is considerable. If you listen to her when she sings in the group "Sphere" she sounds even different, stronger and more energetic. In real life instead her voice is low and quiet. Above all, she's still just 17 years old, and I'm willing to bet on her future in both dubbing and singing career if she keeps up like this.
Old 2009-08-26, 09:36   Link #371
onemadcow

Full numbers are slow this morning, but the important stuff is up:

3: Azusa (10,009)
4: Ritsu
5: Tsumugi

Azusa's single sold 10k first day; my guess is that the three singles are VERY close to each other in sales. Odds of any #1 are pretty much none, as the #1 & #2 slots are held by AKB48 and SMAP. Amusingly enough, the girls whomped the old men by almost 2:1 first day, and may keep SMAP from #1 for the week because of it. Gonna be an interesting week...
Old 2009-08-27, 01:12   Link #372
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

And why is Mugi below Ritsu on the first day of sales ~su? D:
Old 2009-08-27, 08:02   Link #373
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Mugi has the best singing voice. :[
Old 2009-08-27, 10:51   Link #374
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Above all, she's still just 17 years old, and I'm willing to bet on her future in both dubbing and singing career if she keeps up like this.
Hopefully she doesn't emulate this particular character in her real life. It is nice to show love, but not healthy to plan it to ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
And why is Mugi below Ritsu on the first day of sales ~su? D:
I see a variable here. The closer the character is to Mio, the higher the charting.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-08-27 at 11:20.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:29   Link #375
onemadcow

Day two:

Azusa: 3
Ritsu: 4
Tsumigi: 7 ;_;

Azusa did almost 7k second day and is 16.9k for the week so far...
Old 2009-08-27, 13:52   Link #376
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I suspect Mugi is suffering from the popularity of her character versus the others and her more professional voice (weird, eh?). We'll see if sales level out over time though.
Old 2009-08-27, 18:54   Link #377
Rexgt

K-ON! Which lied this is Thank

K-ON! It is simply great!
Also whom it does not hear inser here purely,
but I would know with pleasure which song this is in the first part with approx. 19 minutes it is played then still comes away in my Anime the OST. Thank you Very much for your help And I it hopes become even more produced shares.
Rexgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:07   Link #378
Sigeon
Lazy tentacle monster

IMO I think Mio's voice is better than Mugi for a little...
my rank is Mio > Tsumugi > Azunyan > Ritsu > Yui

then I don't know why they choose yui to vocal -_-"
Sigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:44   Link #379
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yui's voice is too high.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:06   Link #380
onemadcow

Well, Yui's voice is too high, but it's because she's singing 'in-character'. They've portrayed her as a high-school bubble head, and the voice, both speaking and singing, fit.

As for why she's the one who mostly sings, Mio has already said she plays the bass and doesn't want to sing is because she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. She's very self-conscious. Shame, really because she's the most talented in the group overall. Tsumugi says she won't sing because she already has to much to do with her keyboards.

My overall impression of the character's singing voices is:
Mio=Tsumugi>Azusa=Yui>Ritsu

Mio and Tsumugi both have very strong voices, I like the timbre of Mio's voice better, but Tsumugi has better pitch control, so that's why they're even to me.

I have a real hard time grading either Yui or Azusa's voices, because it's obvious that the seiyuu are not singing in their normal range. Their charachter voices are too nasal, and the longer the phrase they sing, the more likely they are to go out of pitch.

Ritsu sounds lifeless when she's on pitch and goes off pitch pretty often. This could be because her seiyuu is singing out of her normal range, but it's harder to tell than with Yui & Azunyan.

Even though I am sounding a bit critical, I think that overall they do much better than the average anime cast, and that shows by how much they've sold so far.

... and mentioning that, today was: Azusa: 4, Ritsu: 6, Tsumugi: 7.