AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 21:24   Link #1041
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
ugh just watched the series, the kid seriously ticks me of in the wrong way. She is a nuisance to his job 24/7. Benika pisses me off too. You know what? They all piss me off except Shinkuro. They keep mistreating him, putting all the blame on him, and subjecting his life to torment every single freakin' day. I'd like to see him quit his job already
Old 2009-08-20, 21:40   Link #1042
Theowne
耳をすませば

I watched this series recently as well and was a bit underwhhlemed. I didn't hate the characters, but at a certain point I couldn't suspend disbelief at some of the things they let the young girl do. I mean, sending a girl you have to hide/protect to a high school student who cant watch her half the day was something I accepted, but when she is allowed to go out freely in public with not even the smallest attempt at a disguise, I just couldn't grasp that. And I'm usually willing to overlook some plot deficiencies for great characters...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 10:47   Link #1043
CWW
Lurker

Imagine she's trimmed her hair, you know, like Chagum.

The protagonist has an illness that causes a scythe to randomly pop out of his elbow and the girl still wants to jump his bones. I'm willing to suspend some disbelief for the power of love.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 15:43   Link #1044
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Imagine she's trimmed her hair, you know, like Chagum.

The protagonist has an illness that causes a scythe to randomly pop out of his elbow and the girl still wants to jump his bones. I'm willing to suspend some disbelief for the power of love.
The "bone" has been implanted by the Houzuki family has part of his training. Shinkurou don't have full control of the horn so from time to time the horn try to activate, and right now he don't have the right to use it in combat because that could shorten his lifespan.

Shinkuro "title" is "Houzuki-Ryu Type 1 Class 2 Fighting Demon".
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 10:43   Link #1045
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I haven't watched the anime, but I've been reading the manga. It's not horrible but with the way Kurenai is constantly being getting destroyed in most every battle (except for the first one where he brought the horn out-- he gets owned the second time, even with the horn), it's really turned me off.

We get that he's weak. No need to drive it home so hard almost every time the guy gets into a fight. It makes the character appear pathetic and it's almost caused me to drop the manga. Only thing that's kept me reading it is the harem. :P
Old 2010-02-02, 08:48   Link #1046
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kure-nai OVA to be released in July?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 09:05   Link #1047
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The source of ANN's source says the character designs will be different, but the cast will be the same. Also, a character from the light novels but not in the anime Kirihiko Kirishima will apparently be in it.
Old 2010-02-02, 09:27   Link #1048
Westlo
Lets be reality

If this is being bundled with the 5th manga volume and is having the manga designs this probably has nothing to do with the anime version, bBased on the light novel and manga version.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 10:40   Link #1049
asrielchase

Just heard that this is going to have a remade(?) OVA. Agree with westlo about it being completely different with the anime, especially when they're introducing Kirihiko Kirishima!
(For anyone who's watching the Denpa teki na Kanojo OVAs, you might recognize her surname.)

The anime version already did many changes to the settings and characters, I wonder if they'll continue with that or not.
Old 2010-02-02, 13:15   Link #1050
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Truly do wonder who'll be doing the character designs for the OVA.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:25   Link #1051
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/kurenai-dvd/

I think i complained about Kurenai anime before in this thread for not being faithful to the original character design from both the novel and the manga...but holy...this is wonderful, exactly what i want.

Really looking forward to this...even if its just an OVA,but i really love the character design.This is indeed the real Kure-Nai!
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 14:26   Link #1052
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There's now a separate thread for the OVA over in the Unaired forum.
Old 2011-06-16, 09:45   Link #1053
tyciol
*Artist

Plus comme pluralized OVAs amirite?

Still, the TV series came first so we watch that first I suppose.

I found out about this because the Denpa teki na Kanojo OVAs were bundled with this so hopefully they are of similar quality. Had not heard about this series prior to that.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:20   Link #1054
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

A Blu-ray rip of Kurenai appeared on Nyaa recently. I watched the first episode and was blown away by the quality of the images. All the line drawings are sharp and clear, and the colors jump off the screen. The scene near the beginning where Benika and Murasaki look out over the Kohouin estate is almost breathtakingly beautiful. I'm thinking about making a new set of MKVs for myself with the video streams replaced. I only wish there were translations for the audio commentary tracks that are included with the raws.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:43   Link #1055
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting THIS!

Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it has licensed the 12-episode Kure-nai television anime series. The company plans to release the series digitally and then on subtitled DVD later this year.
Wonder if they'll get the OVAs as well?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:56   Link #1056
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I don't think I own anything from Sentai, but I'll be buying this as soon as it's released, OVAs or no OVAs.

I never imagined it would be licensed in R1 given the subject matter.
Old 2012-03-13, 11:14   Link #1057
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it has licensed the 12-episode Kure-nai television anime series. The company plans to release the series digitally and then on subtitled DVD later this year.
Wonder if they'll get the OVAs as well?
Ooh, i've only just become aware of this. I'll definitely be getting my hands on this as soon as it's been released.
Hopefully, depending on how well it does, it should increase the possible chances of a second series being made. If that happened, personally speaking, i just hope it would replicate the style of the first series rather than the manga style used for the OVA.
Riskbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:06   Link #1058
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

RightStuf is taking pre-orders for Kurenai with a June delivery date for just $30! The RightStuf entry says the set has 13 episodes. Either that's a typo, or perhaps the set includes the first OVA? If so, why not the second? We'll see.

Update: RightStuf tells me they got incorrect information from Sentai. Only the twelve episodes from the TV series are included, and no OVAs.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-03-30 at 16:58. Reason: Info from RightStuf
Old 2012-05-16, 08:17   Link #1059
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Right Stuf shipped my Kurenai DVDs today, a few weeks in advance of the announced date.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/94727/4/0/0
Old 2012-06-29, 13:42   Link #1060
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

recently started watching the series and it is pretty good one,5 episodes through till now,
well the plot was seemed confusing in the start, but then i got it on track by 3rd episode
the hand to hand fights are good, and he's got an abnormal arm, what's up with that?
getting kind of a harem feeling right now, but i hope they don't show much romantic feelings between Shinkuro and Murasaki it will be just too awkward and she is too much younger than him
other than that the art is nice, music is descent

well expecting for more better in the next episodes

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen