Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 15:19   Link #341
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
No, that's Sonya.
Correct. But the most important staples without a doubt are Scorpion and Sub-Zero. It's like having a Street Fighter game without Ryu and Ken. Such an omission is just never going to happen because there would be a massive fan outrage. With that being said, it seems like Ed Boon wants to take a similar approach to what Street Fighter 3 did; make Scorpion and Sub-Zero the only returning characters being accompanied by a whole new roster.
Old 2009-03-22, 22:24   Link #342
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
No, that's Sonya.
Sonya was the first, but I'd argue that Kitana is more iconic, cuz she's the leading female ninja.

Yeah, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are iconic...though Noob Saibot was far more broken than either of them. No Block Ball = LULZ FOR 10 SECONDS YOU CAN'T DO SHIT!

Not to mention Noob Saibot is literally the quintessential ninja. Shrouded in darkness and uses shadow tech. WTF is with the bright yellow and blue jumpsuits anyway
Old 2009-03-22, 23:56   Link #343
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Not to mention Noob Saibot is literally the quintessential ninja. Shrouded in darkness and uses shadow tech. WTF is with the bright yellow and blue jumpsuits anyway
I know you're joking around, but the different colours on the ninjas are just ways of differentiating them from one another and not to make them look generic. Who wants to see a whole bunch of ninjas with the exact same outfits? The different colours are also indicators as to what kind of powers the ninjas possess and/or what they represent.
Old 2009-03-23, 01:13   Link #344
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Sonya was the first, but I'd argue that Kitana is more iconic, cuz she's the leading female ninja.

Yeah, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are iconic...though Noob Saibot was far more broken than either of them. No Block Ball = LULZ FOR 10 SECONDS YOU CAN'T DO SHIT!

Noob Saibot, the original sub-zero has the names of the creators of Mortal Kombat writted in the oposite direction. Noob (Ed Boon) Saibot (Jhon Tobias)

Acording to the story, Noob is just a minion of Shinok that latter founds Smoke and takes control of the Brotherhood of shadows clan (Quan Chii was the leader but he was killed by Onaga and later resurected by Shinok) So, Noob is not that iconic.

As for Kitana, she was an assasin of Shao Khan that latter betries him. She's juts like the girlfriend of Liu Kang, not that popular, actually, her evil twin Mileena is more popular than her.

Sonya is the iconic female character of Mortal Kombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I know you're joking around, but the different colours on the ninjas are just ways of differentiating them from one another and not to make them look generic. Who wants to see a whole bunch of ninjas with the exact same outfits? The different colours are also indicators as to what kind of powers the ninjas possess and/or what they represent.
Correct, in the original capture motion games (MK1 to MK3) They used just one actor and latter changed the colors of his costume, the same was with the Cyberninjas and the female ninjas.

Of course, since Deadly Alliance theyr costumes got changed an got unique, not like Street Fighter

So far the ninjas are:

Scorpion= Yellow (Power of Hell/ Fire)
Sub-zero= Blue (Ice)
Reptile= Green (Powers of Reptiles)
Ermac= Red (Telechinetic powers)
Rain= Purple (Water)
Noob= Black (Darkness)
In MK2
Smoke= Gray (Smoke)
In MK special Forcess
Tremor= Brown (Earth)
Old 2009-05-10, 17:02   Link #345
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Warner Brothers the big winner?

After many weeks of mystery and questions without answer, a little rumor points that the winner to aquire Mortal Kombat will be no other but Warner Brothers, the interesting here would be that Warner brother will not only aquire the saga Mortal Kombat but the company Midway in a 100%.

Any information will be posted immediatly.
Old 2009-05-11, 04:21   Link #346
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So what will happen to the old MK movies? Will it get recton like Batman did? Or still go on with the story?
Old 2009-05-11, 04:53   Link #347
KimmyChan

Mortal Kombat characters totally outshine DC characters by far in the world of gaming
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 18:37   Link #348
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So what will happen to the old MK movies? Will it get recton like Batman did? Or still go on with the story?
Well, the first movie was really well done. MK Annihilation, however, was absolute garbage and should be retconned. I heard a rumor that the next film is going to act as the replacement for it because it was so bad and made no sense whatsoever. Personally, I would like to see the next movie based on "Deadly Alliance".
Old 2009-05-11, 18:46   Link #349
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Argh, i watched Annihilation at the theater the day it launched, talk about a disappointment for a kid... But the first movie is actually pretty good, so i hope they just leave him alone.

About the game, i think this is the better MK game in a lot of time, also, Capitain Marvel is my favorite hero since forever, so, getting to play with him is like a dream coming true. And he kicks ass, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 22:22   Link #350
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, the first movie was really well done. MK Annihilation, however, was absolute garbage and should be retconned. I heard a rumor that the next film is going to act as the replacement for it because it was so bad and made no sense whatsoever. Personally, I would like to see the next movie based on "Deadly Alliance".
Movie 3 of Mortal Kombat is in desarolle although Ed Boon hasn't told anything about.

There are several rumnors about the third movie, some say that Quan Chii and Frost are gonna appear, which mean that this movie could be based on Deadly Alliance, there even are rummora of having it named "Devastation". Other rumors say that they are gonna start from 0, making a movie based on Mortal Kombat 1. And some others said that the movie was actually canceled because of the economic crisis and the situation of Midway, and there is not gonna be a MK3 movie at all. Anyway juts rummors, nothing confirmed.

And yes, The first movie was really good, since adaptation of the characters to story and cast, but The second movie was a crap in all scences, (really, Motaro looked pathethic)
Old 2009-05-22, 11:09   Link #351
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Just got the notice, Warner Brothers has offered $33 ,000,000 dollars in order to aquyre the Midway Company. It seems that WB is gonna be the winner to aquyre the Mortal Kombat franchside

Nothing cinfirmed yet.
Old 2009-05-22, 23:42   Link #352
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Just got the notice, Warner Brothers has offered $33 ,000,000 dollars in order to aquyre the Midway Company. It seems that WB is gonna be the winner to aquyre the Mortal Kombat franchside

Nothing cinfirmed yet.
If this is not confirmed, why would this info be leaked out in the first place? Is this a rumor just like before? Nothing seems to be concrete at this point, so I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:27   Link #353
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If this is not confirmed, why would this info be leaked out in the first place? Is this a rumor just like before? Nothing seems to be concrete at this point, so I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.
Warner Brothers gave the offer, it is not confirmed if Midway is gonna asept or not.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:09   Link #354
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Warner Brothers gave the offer, it is not confirmed if Midway is gonna asept or not.
I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll find out soon what Midway's decision will be. I'm quite anxious to see what the next MK game is going to be like, since it is being done from scratch.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:42   Link #355
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll find out soon what Midway's decision will be. I'm quite anxious to see what the next MK game is going to be like, since it is being done from scratch.
Warner Brothers... Lego Mortal Kombat? O.o
Old 2009-06-01, 11:53   Link #356
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

RETRO Super Heroes in KOMBAT!

Seriously this would have been better if all the cast where DC only characters.
Old 2009-06-11, 16:25   Link #357
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Bad News

No downloable contnent for MK-vs-DC

Yep, Ed Boon just gave the notice in an interview, because the MK team is alredy working in the creative process of MK9 and because the current economic issues of Midway, the downloable contnent for MK-vs-DC was canceled and there is no hope of see it in the future.

The stuff were 2 selectable characters. Quan Chii from MK and Harley Quinn from DC. Sad, really.
Old 2009-06-12, 19:01   Link #358
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I'm not surprised at all, to be honest. They're in a ridiculous amount of debt and putting an investment into downloadable content isn't going to really help them. Hell, I find it hard to believe that they're working on MK9 considering their current situation. Midway has to realize that the Mortal Kombat franchise alone isn't enough to save them. They have to start to learn how to make good quality games, otherwise their current predicament will be the result.
Old 2009-07-05, 02:50   Link #359
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

New Info

The winner is...
Warner Brothers

That's right, with an offer of $33,000,000 Warner Brothers has aquired a 50%+ of the actions of Midway which turns it in the new owner of the house.

With this, Warner Brothers now own the franchsides Spy Hunter, Joust, Wheelman and Mortal Kombat obviously.

Warner Brothers hasn't told anything yet, but it seems that this aquyire will extend Warner's influense on the world of videogames.

And so, the rumors alredy started of an upcoming MK-vs-DCU 2 O.o
Old 2009-07-11, 03:00   Link #360
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

:/

Not much to say, Ed Boon showed this at his web, probably a small compentation for the fact that we will not see Quan Chii as playable character.