AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 11:00   Link #741
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, and congratulations to Izuru for finally becoming the next Amuro. Why? Because his mech can no longer keep up with Izuru’s insane ability, just like how RX-78-2 Gundam can no longer keep up with Amuro in MS Gundam. Not to mention that Izuru has his own Char/Casval in Jiart and his own Sayla/Artesia in Teoria. Also, like others have said, the "Izuru vs Jiart" in this ep must be one of the best mecha fights in decades. So far, only Unicorn's fluid & artistic 2D fights can hold a handle to MJP's fast & relentless 3DCG fights.
Old 2013-07-13, 13:37   Link #742
whitecloud

You know....izurus ashram form change remind me of when welltall change to welltall X
Old 2013-07-13, 13:51   Link #743
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, and congratulations to Izuru for finally becoming the next Amuro. Why? Because his mech can no longer keep up with Izuru’s insane ability, just like how RX-78-2 Gundam can no longer keep up with Amuro in MS Gundam. Not to mention that Izuru has his own Char/Casval in Jiart and his own Sayla/Artesia in Teoria. Also, like others have said, the "Izuru vs Jiart" in this ep must be one of the best mecha fights in decades. So far, only Unicorn's fluid & artistic 2D fights can hold a handle to MJP's fast & relentless 3DCG fights.
Agreed... and the only thing his pit crew needs is by either putting some magnetic coating, or replace it with a new ASHMB unit.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:09   Link #744
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't know if I would go that far, Izuru is no Amuro, and while Jiart and Teoria have similar attributes, they're definitely no Char and Sayla.

I actually said in the beginning that all these guys are sort of generic versions of their Gundam counterparts, but never can really compare with the real things. They have begun to become a little more interesting as the show has gone on, but Amuro, Char, and Sayla are three of my favorite character in Gundam period, for a reason. They actually have real character. I can tell them apart from the many other Gundam protagonists, antagonists, and leading ladies. I can't quite do that yet with Izuru and the gang.

However, I do understand the comparison that you're making.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 16:53   Link #745
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know if I would go that far, Izuru is no Amuro, and while Jiart and Teoria have similar attributes, they're definitely no Char and Sayla.

I actually said in the beginning that all these guys are sort of generic versions of their Gundam counterparts, but never can really compare with the real things. They have begun to become a little more interesting as the show has gone on, but Amuro, Char, and Sayla are three of my favorite character in Gundam period, for a reason. They actually have real character. I can tell them apart from the many other Gundam protagonists, antagonists, and leading ladies. I can't quite do that yet with Izuru and the gang.

However, I do understand the comparison that you're making.
Well, my comparison was only in the surface. I made that comparison half-sarcastically to be honest. Of course I know that, character-wise, the trio of Izuru-Jiart-Teoria can’t be compared with Amuro-Char-Sayla.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:56   Link #746
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
You know....izurus ashram form change remind me of when welltall change to welltall X
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw his mech sprouting "wings".
Old 2013-07-13, 23:18   Link #747
cyberdemon

finally had time to watch the episode.

So now Tamaki has someone who is interested in her. good for her.

So looks like Izuru's hero complex does originate from his past with Teoria. My guess is that he left himself the manga he found as an attempt to keep that desire alive even if he lost all of his memories since it was so important to him.

That's really something if he managed to upgrade his unit and it STILL can't keep up with his skills. They're going to need to do a complete overhaul on it soon to make it more suitable for him. I do wonder if that is a permanent upgrade or just a burst type mode like what Jiart did.
Old 2013-07-14, 00:36   Link #748
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That's really something if he managed to upgrade his unit and it STILL can't keep up with his skills. They're going to need to do a complete overhaul on it soon to make it more suitable for him. I do wonder if that is a permanent upgrade or just a burst type mode like what Jiart did.
I was under the impression Izuru's mech upgrade had to do with Theoria (wasn't she the one who gave the humans the tech?) knowing beforehand about his potential and giving Red 5 innate upgrades just in case he needs it. Because her estimates were off, though, the machine can't quite keep up with him.

I wonder what Izuru really is.... (what if he's really Jiart's clone?!)

Just throwing random ideas...
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:46   Link #749
Tenzen12

Mechas itself was development by humans alone (If what Rin said is truth), Lacus provided only Juria system to utilise it's full potencial.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:50   Link #750
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Mechas itself was development by humans alone (If what Rin said is truth), Lacus provided only Juria system to utilise it's full potencial.
You have it backwards.

The design behind the ASHMB was reverse-engineered from their technology. It was actually the JURIA-System that was original technology. They made it so the pilots could better control this new and unfamiliar technology. At least that's what I recall them having said in the briefing.
Old 2013-07-14, 00:57   Link #751
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
what Traece said. The mechas were based on Walguru technology given to the humans by Teoria but the Juria system was created by human technology specifically by a woman named Juria who we have yet to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
I was under the impression Izuru's mech upgrade had to do with Theoria (wasn't she the one who gave the humans the tech?) knowing beforehand about his potential and giving Red 5 innate upgrades just in case he needs it. Because her estimates were off, though, the machine can't quite keep up with him.

I wonder what Izuru really is.... (what if he's really Jiart's clone?!)

Just throwing random ideas...
that is certainly an interesting idea and would make sense. Izuru was likely always intended to be a pilot even while he was still in school so it would make sense that a lot of it woul be built around his specs.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:39   Link #752
whitecloud

izuru's ashram must be upgraded to its xenogear equivalent its already has the "wings"....hahaha
Old 2013-07-14, 08:20   Link #753
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
izuru's ashram must be upgraded to its xenogear equivalent its already has the "wings"....hahaha
Spoiler for spoilers for a really old game?:

I thought Izuru's mech upgrade reminded me of Jiart's mech, by the way....
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 07:17   Link #754
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They hid a Freedom Gundam in there! About time.

It was a nicely choreographed battle and ticked all the boxes a Gundam fan is looking for.

The rest of the team better catch up; everyone's getting left behind!

(And I'm still waiting for the Ginga Majestic Prince Robo 6-man gattai. )
Old 2013-07-18, 09:14   Link #755
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-07-18 at 10:33.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 11:03   Link #756
G147

I like the part where Asagi and Suruga consider Izuru being weird for drawing good manga.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 11:17   Link #757
EroKing

I laughed hard.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:28   Link #758
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

I laughed hard.
I think Asagi's was a lot funnier. So since Izuru's Harmonic levels are backed to normal, is his unit's personality that took over gone or dormant?
Old 2013-07-18, 11:34   Link #759
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-18, 12:04   Link #760
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I think Asagi's was a lot funnier. So since Izuru's Harmonic levels are backed to normal, is his unit's personality that took over gone or dormant?
Dormant would be the best bet. Looks like Kei's cake was what brought him back although he did almost die

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction